Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

I really recommend the hostel, it's close to the main attractions of the city and they also exchange EUR and USD into CZK for a fare price and without commission.

The hostel's location was great, but unfortunately that's the only good thing I can point out. The place was dirty and the wifi didn't work on the rooms (even in the reception it was not good). The furniture is old and the access to the rooms is really bad and full of stairs.

• 24th Dec 2015

The Hostel stinks. Good location and affordable, but thats all. Kitchen does not have utensils and very dirty. No friendly atmosphere at all. If I was alone I would've been depressed.

Great location, in the heart of old town. Near all the bars and restaurants. Very fast paced atmosophere outside. Ideal for younger people looking for good place to sleep after partying it up.

• 21st Nov 2015

The street outside is extremely noise at night so it's impossible qué get some rest when sleeping in the rooms facing the street. People don't respect the silent times at night and there's no one at reception to tell them to be a bit more quiet! The downstairs shower wasnt really working well and it was usually dirty.

This hostel was seriously disgusting! Dirty dirty dirty! The doors did not lock, and anyone could have just walked into it at anytime. The "cleaning lady" did not clean a single thing. I went into the hostel one night to find someone sleeping in my bed & the front desk did not do anything about it. The ONLY good part of this hostel is the location. I would never stay here again. Reception was only nice to those who were Czech. Also the whole place smelled so bad!!! Very awful.

Went for a weekend to Prague and stayed in Richie's and can't fault it. The staff where all very helpful and spoke excellent English. The Room was basic but sure what more do you want? There's a nice little reception and bar area where you'll meet other people and can use the wifi. It's located right in the centre of the old town a few steps from the Charles bridge and old town square. And there is restaurants cafes and bars on its doorstep. Great value for money.. Will go back here.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

It is very good to stay there. There is only one problem with wifi conncetion, not fast but it is ok.

An otherwise great hostel with a terrible internet connection that's not even available in the rooms (if could ever even get your page to load)

Great location! Very close to Charles bridge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was doing laundry and reception offered to switch it from washer to dryer for me so I could leave. Thank you! The bathrooms could use an update, mine had broken/lifted tiles on the floor (water damage). Make sure to note wifi is only in common area. Great hostel for such a low price!

Good hostel if your on a budget but still want to be walking distance to everything, location is what makes this place

• 11th Sep 2015

I was travelling with another person and we booked 2 beds in the 10 bed dorm. We had to climb stairs to the 3rd etage, and the room was just an attic with beds placed in it. Sadly it was overbooked, so we had to get down again. We got an upgraded for no cost for a 5 bed dorm, which was very clean and modern. Overall our stay was very nice, with polite people and good breakfast.

• 22nd Aug 2015

When we came into the hostel, the man at the desk (an older man with long-ish grey hair - apologies as I don't know his name) was very rude and unhelpful. Our room was absolutely fine but we booked for an En Suite, which was outside of our room, down the corridor. We weren't told this when we booked the room so this was quite inconvenient and misleading. Nonetheless, the bathroom was very clean. There is only wifi in the lobby; again an inconvenience and there is no atmosphere for backpackers.