Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

This hostel has an excellent value for the money. Perfect localization, clean bathrooms and rooms. The only thing that I would complain is that me and my girlfriend we booked a double bed and we got twin beds - the hostel doesn't offers double bed with shared bathrooms. The breakfast it's reeeeally good, worth to buy it!

Hostel is very close to the Karl's bridge, perfect location, we had double room, it was large and clean, shared bathroom is good and clean. Guest may use the kitchen. Internet is only available close to the reception desk and in common areas, but since our room was the closest one to the reception, we had signal in our room. Excellent value for money, cheap and better than we've expected. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

I liked this hostel. The location is perfect near to the principals places in Praha. Good service and good room.

i took a rooms with private bathrooms. The bathroom was not inside the room but a the opposite of the corridor. I let you guess all the incoveignents

Great location and friendly staff. Like the use of the kitchen. If you are a light sleeper it's noisy outside in the night and day because it's above a busy tourist lane. I would stay there again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

We were staying in double room for a week. Everything was perfect. Even when we ruined all bed linen (oops) the staff were so nice to change it without saying any word.

Not a whole lot of frills but a good simple place to stay. Where it really shines is the location, only about two minutes walk from the old town square. Tons of shops and restaurants right out the door, and not far from Wenceslas Square either. Plus, for a hostel it has pretty good breakfast.

We were greeted by a man named Pawel at 2AM. He told us the price the rooms would cost in euros, but there was a price difference between what the rate which was written at the reception. He told me "that is the price in euros". I showed him on his calculator the price in euros multiplied by the hostel's CZK rate and there was a discrepancy. I took out the proper amount of euros to pay for the room, but he insisted on more and we refused. He then told us to pay in CZK or go. He was rude.

• 19th Aug 2014

Richies is cheap place to stay in the middle of the city. For me it was a place to sleep and nothing more, not really a party hostel to meet people at nor a really nice atmospehere. Nothing special but cheap!

Location is excellent, however absence of WiFi in the room was a big surprise.

We didn't experience any problems at all with this hostal, but somwhow I was expecting more quality for the price of it. Location is unbeatable and staff was always very helpful to us.

Me and my friends stayed at Ritchie's for three nights. The location was very good as it was located in the middle of the Main Street of the city. We also felt as though the hostel was secure and that it had a very nice and helpful staff. However, we would have wished for a cleaner room. Whether our room was filled with garbage because of the cleaning ladies or our roomies is not easy to say, but it was not very nice. But all in all we had a good stay at Ritchie's.