Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

I liked this hostel. The location is perfect near to the principals places in Praha. Good service and good room.

i took a rooms with private bathrooms. The bathroom was not inside the room but a the opposite of the corridor. I let you guess all the incoveignents

Great location and friendly staff. Like the use of the kitchen. If you are a light sleeper it's noisy outside in the night and day because it's above a busy tourist lane. I would stay there again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

We were staying in double room for a week. Everything was perfect. Even when we ruined all bed linen (oops) the staff were so nice to change it without saying any word.

Not a whole lot of frills but a good simple place to stay. Where it really shines is the location, only about two minutes walk from the old town square. Tons of shops and restaurants right out the door, and not far from Wenceslas Square either. Plus, for a hostel it has pretty good breakfast.

We were greeted by a man named Pawel at 2AM. He told us the price the rooms would cost in euros, but there was a price difference between what the rate which was written at the reception. He told me "that is the price in euros". I showed him on his calculator the price in euros multiplied by the hostel's CZK rate and there was a discrepancy. I took out the proper amount of euros to pay for the room, but he insisted on more and we refused. He then told us to pay in CZK or go. He was rude.

• 19th Aug 2014

Richies is cheap place to stay in the middle of the city. For me it was a place to sleep and nothing more, not really a party hostel to meet people at nor a really nice atmospehere. Nothing special but cheap!

Location is excellent, however absence of WiFi in the room was a big surprise.

We didn't experience any problems at all with this hostal, but somwhow I was expecting more quality for the price of it. Location is unbeatable and staff was always very helpful to us.

Me and my friends stayed at Ritchie's for three nights. The location was very good as it was located in the middle of the Main Street of the city. We also felt as though the hostel was secure and that it had a very nice and helpful staff. However, we would have wished for a cleaner room. Whether our room was filled with garbage because of the cleaning ladies or our roomies is not easy to say, but it was not very nice. But all in all we had a good stay at Ritchie's.

Ritchie's has a great location. It's a good price, I was staying in a private double room and it was in a decent condition. Ablutions were clean and worked fine. Staff were friendly on my arrival but I had little interaction thereafter. Atmosphere was a little lacking I thought (but this the first time I've stayed in a private rather than a dormitory) there is a reception area and a breakfast area but I think due to the nature of Prague there were few people around.

Location is close to many major sites (within walking distance). Do not stay in room D10 in the summer-it is on the top floor and ceiling is some type of poly/plastic material and the room becomes unbearably hot and you are unable to sleep at night. Not so clean as other hostels I've stayed at in Europe but not sure how it compares to other hostels in Prague. No elevator.

The hostel are nice The employees are very kind But in our first night the was meny problems with The electronic keys all the time we was needed To change the key card's And in the end we stuck out of the hostel But it doesn't ruin our staying there . So yes in the next time when i go to Prague i stay there

Richies was a great hostel. Central location, great staff, the only thing that was hard were the four flights of stairs and the temperature in the top floor rooms (air conditioning would have been amazing!). But honestly, when you are in Prague, you shouldn't be in your room all day as there is so much to see and the location is next to everything! Amazing value. Very happy with the experience.

• 5th Jul 2014

The location was prefect and central. However, the major problem we had was getting locked out our room at about 4 in the morning which is when we found out worryingly the reception wasnt 24/7 which was a major negative of our stay. Also our room was on the top floor and there was only one fan so the heat became unbearable even with the windows open.

Great value. Can't beat the location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed, linens, and towels were clean. Floors in our room felt a little dirty. The shared bathroom was sometimes out of sorts (a pair of dirty underwear was in the shower for at least a whole day and I had to remove it myself in order to take a shower). Shower curtains could have been cleaner. Our room had a missing curtain so morning sunlight always woke us up.

• 29th Jun 2014

Nothing fancy and it lacks the typical hostel atmosphere, but the location is perfect. The staff is friendly, the rooms are fairly clean, and the windows seem to be soundproof. There's no wifi in the rooms, only in the reception area. I thought it was a good deal for the price.

Really in the city centre but where the noise is at night. If you want to sleep, You're going to nave a bad time. Not very clean as well.

Good location, staff could have been friendlier