Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

Nice place, nice room, i recommend this hostel !

• 30th Apr 2014

The good thing is the location. Right in the middle of old town, 3 minutes away from old town square. The hostel is very old, old beds, old facilities, and very rude staff. There where only a bald guy and a girl that were friendly, but the rest of the staff are always arguing between them in Czech.We booked another night the last day and in the morning we were kicked out because they said it was already booked before. Very Dusty and smelly, be ready to get allergies every morning. Good showers.

Great location. Very clean. Highly recommended

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Romania

Everything OK, it is a very good option taking into account the quality-price balance...

Not very clean. To get to my room I had to face a lot of stairs (if you have big luggage that will be exhausting). Not very safe because a guy who was NOT checked in was sleeping in a couch near my room. He did not had a key, but he kept disturbing people inside the room to open the door to recharge his phone and use the toilet. Lockers and breakfast were good!!

Comparing with other Hostels in Prague , Ritchie's price should be much lower. Also the staff could be more friendly.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Uncomfortable beds !

Very clean room and bathroom and fair price! Thank you and see you soon!

It takes 5-10minutes from metro station and famous bridge to this hostel !! There is not elevator, so it is hard to move large baggage. You should have cash, but you can use Euro !! Wifi condition was not good, but location was good for shopping!!

Lovely staff!!!!

Pro's Location was good, the room was comfortable and the value for money was beyond excellent. Con's At breakfast there was only one toaster for all the guests so i had to wait a while to use it even though breakfast wasn't busy . The atmosphere was also a little dead but i think that may be due to the time of year we went (january)

• 31st Jan 2014

Great location, but top room with 14 beds has holes on the ceiling and walls and just 1 bathroom with a shower which you have to hold.

Booked 10 bed room, but they put us on 12 bed room. The hostel had no security, anyone could sneak in waiting for someone to open the door. The room was on a really bad condition, we had only 2 small windows for 12 people, the floor was made of compressed wood, no hangers, the toilet was really bad done. They gave us new linen and cloth, but the under-sheet of the bed was just disgusting. By far the worst hostel I've ever been, I really don't recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel with nice stuff. Great location, clean rooms, good breakfast

Very comfortable in this season, very good location. wi-fi in the room, kitchen :)

Pros: It was a pretty decent place to stay, just in the middle of the city. Cheap breakfast and laundry service. Cons: I spent some time finding the hostel as the city center might be a little tricky, but once learned is easy to go anywhere. I was lucky since I could reach some wi-fi signal in my room, however not the entire hostel has this. You can hear e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g what's happening in the other rooms as walls are not thick enough (Grab your ipod with you)

Ritchie's was great! What I do hate, though, is being pestered about writing reviews.

• 25th Sep 2013

We arrived and felt very unsafe. Our room stunk so bad that we decided to wait to go in and ended up talking to a guy who had been there two nights and had €250 stolen from him and his room had bed bugs. So we didn't sleep there, we went and checked into a hotel. The guy who ran the place seemed nice and even got up past check in hours to check us in... But I wouldn't recommend it.

Needs Wifi in the rooms!!

• 12th Sep 2013

The main pro for this hostel is its excellent location. The only problem I had was that on the last day another visitor was able to enter my room with their keycard. I'm not sure if this is a regular thing but travellers beware of embarrassing moments and/or theft. Good if you want something cheaper than a hotel but there didn't seem to be any interaction between people who didn't already know each other or any hostel organised events.

• 24th Aug 2013