Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

Lovely staff!!!!

Pro's Location was good, the room was comfortable and the value for money was beyond excellent. Con's At breakfast there was only one toaster for all the guests so i had to wait a while to use it even though breakfast wasn't busy . The atmosphere was also a little dead but i think that may be due to the time of year we went (january)

• 31st Jan 2014

Great location, but top room with 14 beds has holes on the ceiling and walls and just 1 bathroom with a shower which you have to hold.

Booked 10 bed room, but they put us on 12 bed room. The hostel had no security, anyone could sneak in waiting for someone to open the door. The room was on a really bad condition, we had only 2 small windows for 12 people, the floor was made of compressed wood, no hangers, the toilet was really bad done. They gave us new linen and cloth, but the under-sheet of the bed was just disgusting. By far the worst hostel I've ever been, I really don't recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel with nice stuff. Great location, clean rooms, good breakfast

Very comfortable in this season, very good location. wi-fi in the room, kitchen :)

Pros: It was a pretty decent place to stay, just in the middle of the city. Cheap breakfast and laundry service. Cons: I spent some time finding the hostel as the city center might be a little tricky, but once learned is easy to go anywhere. I was lucky since I could reach some wi-fi signal in my room, however not the entire hostel has this. You can hear e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g what's happening in the other rooms as walls are not thick enough (Grab your ipod with you)

Ritchie's was great! What I do hate, though, is being pestered about writing reviews.

• 25th Sep 2013

We arrived and felt very unsafe. Our room stunk so bad that we decided to wait to go in and ended up talking to a guy who had been there two nights and had €250 stolen from him and his room had bed bugs. So we didn't sleep there, we went and checked into a hotel. The guy who ran the place seemed nice and even got up past check in hours to check us in... But I wouldn't recommend it.

Needs Wifi in the rooms!!

• 12th Sep 2013

The main pro for this hostel is its excellent location. The only problem I had was that on the last day another visitor was able to enter my room with their keycard. I'm not sure if this is a regular thing but travellers beware of embarrassing moments and/or theft. Good if you want something cheaper than a hotel but there didn't seem to be any interaction between people who didn't already know each other or any hostel organised events.

• 24th Aug 2013

Great location (if you like it noisy!). Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Great value for money.

There was a great kitchen, breakfast was good, staff nice, liked this place :)

I only stayed in Ritchies for a night as I had to leave early the next morning. Cheap and basic, Ritchie's perfectly suited my needs.

It wasn't the best experience I had in a hostel. The bathroom war in the sleeping room, it was only one for more than 20 persons and had no locks in the door. The hostel very well located, though you can hear a lot of noise from the busy streets of the old city at nigth. Clealiness is also not a very strong thing. I don't recommend it.

Amazing location and good value but rough around the edges to say the least. One bathroom/shower between 14 people with no shower curtain OR lock for the door. The bathroom was quite dirty and the staff were quite gruff. Several items belonging to us were stowed away by the cleaning staff on our second morning as they thought we had checked out despite the fact we had two nights left. This led to a very panicked half hour where we thought we'd been robbed. Good location, not much else.

pretty terrrible place to stay if your travelling solo....the common room is mostly empty.....the only chance ull get is if you manage to meet people who are staying in your room. the wifi only works in the common room....the rooms get extremely hot at night...more so than any other hostel ive ever stayed in...and most hostels get quite hot at night. the guy that works there was really helpful but the chick just didnt care at all.....the location is amazing though..pretty much the only positive

Internet too slow, everything else fine, good value for money

This was a nice hostel, located right in downtown. I didn't buy the breakfast they offered, but it looked nice. The toilets were clean and the hostel personnel were nice. Overall no serious complaints. I would recommend to a friend.

The service, ubication, staff, security, and breakfast were greate. Highly recomendable place to stay.