Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

Staff were amazing, very helpful and accommodating! Breakfast was really good.

• 28th Jul 2015

Wifi is limited to the reception area and is patchy/unreliable. For me, this was a huge deal as I need wifi access to plan my travels and to keep in contact with fellow travelers/folks back home. It's Prague, so the building is old. This isn't a huge deal, but definitely know what you're getting yourself into.

Great central location, otherwise fine!

the greatest thing is the hostel is near the charles bridge. but in 8 bed room for women it was very dirty. There were no soap in the bathroom. Also when I take a shower I was screaming because I found a little kind of lizard. of course we get Duvet covers at the reception. But the red bedsheet where were dirty and dusty. Also I found some men hairs on the new duvet covers which were given at the reception. All in all actually it was very nasty. but for one night its ok.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Azerbaijan

Great location. Clean. Friendly staff. Great value for the money. Not the hostel's fault: Extreme noise from the street at night. Lot's of drunken singing by the tourists. If you need or want to sleep at night you may have to choose a location away from Old Town Prague.

• 25th Jun 2015

The location is conveniently walking distance of metro stations and Old Town sights, but the street it's on is like Tourist Rapids. Takes a few minutes to get out of the crowd and out of the overpriced tourist area. And surrounding streets can be tricky to navigate for the directionally challenged. (No such thing as parallel roads). Lots of stairs and no elevator. Wifi sometimes had trouble. Staff is willing to help, even if they don't speak fluent English.

Room was clean and tidy, staff were very friendly and helpful. However, I was not impressed by the builders starting work at 5am on a Sunday morning! That really isn't on in any country. They could do with making the entrance a bit less bright as well, as it's a bit much when you enter at night.

• 7th Jun 2015

Amazing location. Older building so lots of stairs. Not as lively bar area but there are plenty of other places. Would use again.

• 23rd May 2015
  • infernalmachine11

It was nice to stay there, good thing about the hostel was its location, Staff was helpful to an extent. I remember the name Michaela she was helpful. Just one other member staff wasn't that much . Very close to Charles bridge. I might stay there again, due to its location.

It's really a bit inconvenient that wifi can only be found near the reception, and the hygiene of the bathroom is not that satisfactory - I saw some small insects crawling on the floor, yet both the location and the staff there are nice.

Fantastic stay here! Brilliant location! Wouldn't say its best for meeting people but if youre already away with friends then its brilliant value for money and near everything!

• 16th Mar 2015

This place has a few good things: Location, staff, guest kitchen, The room was dirty, pretty much all the time, there's no really much to say. Perfect location, and great hot water.

The staff were friendly enough and the rooms were great! Wifi is only available in the lobby, but when in Prague do you really need Wifi in your room? The highlight of this hostel however is the location. We could not have dreamed of a more central spot! 2 mins from Charles Bridge. 2 mins to the old town square! Perfect!

• 22nd Feb 2015

This hostel has an excellent value for the money. Perfect localization, clean bathrooms and rooms. The only thing that I would complain is that me and my girlfriend we booked a double bed and we got twin beds - the hostel doesn't offers double bed with shared bathrooms. The breakfast it's reeeeally good, worth to buy it!

Hostel is very close to the Karl's bridge, perfect location, we had double room, it was large and clean, shared bathroom is good and clean. Guest may use the kitchen. Internet is only available close to the reception desk and in common areas, but since our room was the closest one to the reception, we had signal in our room. Excellent value for money, cheap and better than we've expected. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

I liked this hostel. The location is perfect near to the principals places in Praha. Good service and good room.

i took a rooms with private bathrooms. The bathroom was not inside the room but a the opposite of the corridor. I let you guess all the incoveignents

Great location and friendly staff. Like the use of the kitchen. If you are a light sleeper it's noisy outside in the night and day because it's above a busy tourist lane. I would stay there again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

We were staying in double room for a week. Everything was perfect. Even when we ruined all bed linen (oops) the staff were so nice to change it without saying any word.

great location and very good atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7