Ritchie's Hostel Reviews

Karlova 9, Prague, Czech Republic

Hostel is very close to the Karl's bridge, perfect location, we had double room, it was large and clean, shared bathroom is good and clean. Guest may use the kitchen. Internet is only available close to the reception desk and in common areas, but since our room was the closest one to the reception, we had signal in our room. Excellent value for money, cheap and better than we've expected. I would definitely stay here again or recommend it to my friends.

I liked this hostel. The location is perfect near to the principals places in Praha. Good service and good room.

i took a rooms with private bathrooms. The bathroom was not inside the room but a the opposite of the corridor. I let you guess all the incoveignents

Great location and friendly staff. Like the use of the kitchen. If you are a light sleeper it's noisy outside in the night and day because it's above a busy tourist lane. I would stay there again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

We were staying in double room for a week. Everything was perfect. Even when we ruined all bed linen (oops) the staff were so nice to change it without saying any word.

Perto dos principais pontos turísticos. Café da manhã saboroso, não é incluso mas baratinho vale o investimento. Porém quarto e banheiro eram extremamente sujos, e não foram limpos em nenhum momento durante a minha estadia. Eles não tinham o controle do número de pessoas no quarto, se ficar mais de um dia corre o risco de encontrar alguém na sua cama. Ou de alguém subir em cima de vc na calada da noite, serio isso aconteceu. O Wifi só pega do lado da recepção.

Not a whole lot of frills but a good simple place to stay. Where it really shines is the location, only about two minutes walk from the old town square. Tons of shops and restaurants right out the door, and not far from Wenceslas Square either. Plus, for a hostel it has pretty good breakfast.

We were greeted by a man named Pawel at 2AM. He told us the price the rooms would cost in euros, but there was a price difference between what the rate which was written at the reception. He told me "that is the price in euros". I showed him on his calculator the price in euros multiplied by the hostel's CZK rate and there was a discrepancy. I took out the proper amount of euros to pay for the room, but he insisted on more and we refused. He then told us to pay in CZK or go. He was rude.

• 19th Aug 2014

Petit hôtel en plein coeur de Prague, à proximité de la vieille ville et du centre touristique, assez facile d'accès à pied de la gare. Pour le prix le service est correct, le dortoir (8pers) avec salle de bain et WC était suffisant pour le temps passé à l'hôtel. Le prix du petit déjeuner reste tout de même un peu élevé.

• 15th Aug 2014

Hostel w bardzo dobrej lokalizacji dla osób lubiących dobra zabawę i nie przeszkadza im, że jest głośno. Personel kompetentny i bardzo pomocny, bardzo miła obsługa! Polecam! :))

• 15th Aug 2014
  • marpoz19862620
  • Poland

Richies is cheap place to stay in the middle of the city. For me it was a place to sleep and nothing more, not really a party hostel to meet people at nor a really nice atmospehere. Nothing special but cheap!

Location is excellent, however absence of WiFi in the room was a big surprise.

We didn't experience any problems at all with this hostal, but somwhow I was expecting more quality for the price of it. Location is unbeatable and staff was always very helpful to us.

Me and my friends stayed at Ritchie's for three nights. The location was very good as it was located in the middle of the Main Street of the city. We also felt as though the hostel was secure and that it had a very nice and helpful staff. However, we would have wished for a cleaner room. Whether our room was filled with garbage because of the cleaning ladies or our roomies is not easy to say, but it was not very nice. But all in all we had a good stay at Ritchie's.

Ho fatto la lavatrice per la prima volta in vita mia li, ed ho allagato la sala, nonostante ciò la signorina è stata gentilissima, poi grande ed ottima colazione per 90 Corona, niente male, voto 7.5 per 10€ a notte

Ritchie's has a great location. It's a good price, I was staying in a private double room and it was in a decent condition. Ablutions were clean and worked fine. Staff were friendly on my arrival but I had little interaction thereafter. Atmosphere was a little lacking I thought (but this the first time I've stayed in a private rather than a dormitory) there is a reception area and a breakfast area but I think due to the nature of Prague there were few people around.

Location is close to many major sites (within walking distance). Do not stay in room D10 in the summer-it is on the top floor and ceiling is some type of poly/plastic material and the room becomes unbearably hot and you are unable to sleep at night. Not so clean as other hostels I've stayed at in Europe but not sure how it compares to other hostels in Prague. No elevator.

The hostel are nice The employees are very kind But in our first night the was meny problems with The electronic keys all the time we was needed To change the key card's And in the end we stuck out of the hostel But it doesn't ruin our staying there . So yes in the next time when i go to Prague i stay there

Richies was a great hostel. Central location, great staff, the only thing that was hard were the four flights of stairs and the temperature in the top floor rooms (air conditioning would have been amazing!). But honestly, when you are in Prague, you shouldn't be in your room all day as there is so much to see and the location is next to everything! Amazing value. Very happy with the experience.

• 5th Jul 2014

The location was prefect and central. However, the major problem we had was getting locked out our room at about 4 in the morning which is when we found out worryingly the reception wasnt 24/7 which was a major negative of our stay. Also our room was on the top floor and there was only one fan so the heat became unbearable even with the windows open.