Riva Hostel Pula Reviews

Riva 2A, Pula, Croatia

Beautiful cosy hostel with a lovely terrace where its easy to meet other guests. Very helpful staff, spacious rooms and all within a minutes walk to every thing. Small kitchen but bigger than most I have seen and great bakery with deadly coffee just down the block , would definitely stay again. Cheers :)

A really cool hostel that somehow manages to attract cool guests. The terrace is great and the hostel bar prices are great. Staff are funny, friendly, accommodating and very knowledgable about not just Pula, but all of Croatia.

The staff was nice with us and help us with our trip.

very friendly and helpful staff, good location in old town, clean rooms and good facilities (kitchen, living room, roof top terrace etc.) only thing to be criticised would be a too old mattress (saged in the middle) and a blocked drain in the shower. overall a very pleasant stay in Pula.

Almost everything about this hostel was perfect. It was super nice and clean, and they had a kitchen, a chill out room and a very cheap bar. And the staff were really nice most of the time. The only complaint I have, is that they were VERY anal about the no noise after 11 rule. We were kicked out of the bar promptly at 11, not a second after, and one night we were screamed at for talking when we came back to the hostel at 12(I wouldnt mind if we had been shouting, but we were just talking)

Really a great experience at the Riva Hostel. Clean room, common area convivial, attentive staff and always willing to help you. I stayed 8 days but I could have eight weeks ! Merci pour ces vacances, une pensée spéciale pour Carmela qui a su m'enchanter. J'espère à une prochaine fois.

• 20th Sep 2014

Great place, great staff who are up for a laugh. Nice chilled out and relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy a beer (or wine) out on the terrace bar.

Some hostels provide you with a bed, others a great atmosphere and a place to meet people from all over the world, Riva Hostels offers this and more. This family ran hostel provides you with all of that and gives you a home away from home feeling. I originally booked 2 nights and ended up staying 6, the staff go out of their way to look after you and make sure you experience real Croatian hospitality. Having visited over 100 hostels I can easily goes down as one I will never forget.

I left my purse containing passports, money, cards in my room when I checked out, the hostel contacted me as soon as they found it. Nothing was missing. Can t say enough about the honesty of the staff. Thank you. Also gave me an excellent summary of where to eAt aswell as things to see and do

The only good thing I have to say about this hostel is the location, there was no atmosphere what so ever on the balcony or anywhere in the hostel and the receptionist was very rude implying I wasn't allowed to be in the hostel anymore when I had checked out but had to wait a couple of hours for my flight

Haha, everyone's saying great things about the terrace and atmosphere, what happened? Also, we always let people stay past the checkout if needed, even though we are not obligated to. It's called check OUT for a reason, so that we can clean the rooms, and 11am is very generous, other places kick you out at 9 or 10.

Zero bathroom privacy: you have to share a shower with someone else and the doors to the shower cubicles are fully transparent… that was terrible. Moreover, nearly all the sinks are blocked, not pleasant either. On the plus side, the dorms are VERY spacious, which is unusual and some of them have a harbor view, which is pleasant. There is a kitchen, a lounge area and also a very cool roof-terrace. The staff was okay, but a couple of the women there could be friendlier (one was pretty rude).

I stayed there only for one night, and what I can say is that the hostel is in a excellent location, but the cleanliness... its terrible. Had to kill a cockroach in the bathroom.

Located right on the Riva, facing the port, this was an excellent hostel, very cheap. The highlight of this hostel was it's rooftop bar, very chilled out and the lighting was amazing. Rooms were spacious, the number of toilets throughout the hostel were adequate, and the rooms had safety deposit boxes. Staff were extremely helpful at the hostel. I really loved this place and will definitely go back again. It's in the top 3 hostels I have visited to date.

Lovely friendly staff, bathrooms and showers were very clean, nice big rooms with comfy beds and a great terrace area for socializing. Would definately stay again

I had a great stay and lovely time :-) Friendly staf: Carmella I love you :-) Only 15 min walk from busstation and near centre. Hostel has everything and easy to make friends. Greets from Holland

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and good value for money. Facilities were clean and the beds were comfy.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely lovely stay here. Perfect little hostel and to roof top bar was awesome.

Nice hostel with a friendly, extremely helpful young staff. There is a great terrace bar to hang out and meet people at with cheap drinks. My room was messy - but only because of the other people in it.

Although the terrace was lovely, and the drinks were reasonably priced, this wasn't a great hostel. The kick everybody out if the rooms from 11am until 2 for clean up (which is absurd), yet the rooms were filthy. I was there for a festival, so never left me room and the maids scowled at me. The beds are short, shaky and loud. Horrible wifi, and not much hot water. Half the staff was nice, the rest were snotty.

The view from your room is actually the marina and it's amazing the kind of price you pay and the value you are getting. Everything you need as a backpacker is there - great location, walk everywhere, help, tips, bar, drinks, though can't understand why the shower door have to be transparent but that's just a minor bug.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5