Riva Hostel Pula Reviews

Riva 2A, Pula, Croatia

Zero bathroom privacy: you have to share a shower with someone else and the doors to the shower cubicles are fully transparent… that was terrible. Moreover, nearly all the sinks are blocked, not pleasant either. On the plus side, the dorms are VERY spacious, which is unusual and some of them have a harbor view, which is pleasant. There is a kitchen, a lounge area and also a very cool roof-terrace. The staff was okay, but a couple of the women there could be friendlier (one was pretty rude).

I stayed there only for one night, and what I can say is that the hostel is in a excellent location, but the cleanliness... its terrible. Had to kill a cockroach in the bathroom.

Located right on the Riva, facing the port, this was an excellent hostel, very cheap. The highlight of this hostel was it's rooftop bar, very chilled out and the lighting was amazing. Rooms were spacious, the number of toilets throughout the hostel were adequate, and the rooms had safety deposit boxes. Staff were extremely helpful at the hostel. I really loved this place and will definitely go back again. It's in the top 3 hostels I have visited to date.

Lovely friendly staff, bathrooms and showers were very clean, nice big rooms with comfy beds and a great terrace area for socializing. Would definately stay again

I had a great stay and lovely time :-) Friendly staf: Carmella I love you :-) Only 15 min walk from busstation and near centre. Hostel has everything and easy to make friends. Greets from Holland

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and good value for money. Facilities were clean and the beds were comfy.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely lovely stay here. Perfect little hostel and to roof top bar was awesome.

Nice hostel with a friendly, extremely helpful young staff. There is a great terrace bar to hang out and meet people at with cheap drinks. My room was messy - but only because of the other people in it.

Although the terrace was lovely, and the drinks were reasonably priced, this wasn't a great hostel. The kick everybody out if the rooms from 11am until 2 for clean up (which is absurd), yet the rooms were filthy. I was there for a festival, so never left me room and the maids scowled at me. The beds are short, shaky and loud. Horrible wifi, and not much hot water. Half the staff was nice, the rest were snotty.

The view from your room is actually the marina and it's amazing the kind of price you pay and the value you are getting. Everything you need as a backpacker is there - great location, walk everywhere, help, tips, bar, drinks, though can't understand why the shower door have to be transparent but that's just a minor bug.

Really helpful staff, good facilities and location. Good for meeting people also.

Good hostel, nice and cool staff, really helpful people. Karmella and Franco, specially. The bar is cool, the rooms are big. Room lockers would be nice, as you can only use some security boxes in the hallway. Perhaps the only minus I can say is that is really close to other neighbour buildings forces them to close the bar at 11 and keep the noise down. I would definitely do something about the windows: light and street sounds can wake you up in the morning. But, to be sincere, the hostel is ok!

My room was a bit dirty and the bunk bed was so shaky i was afraid it would fall over every time i climbed up. The showers were very clean.

Nice staff, I was given a lot of good pieces of advice on what there is to be done in Pula. Good atmosphere. Stucks that the terrace closes at 23h though. But I guess it'd be too noisy otherwise. Showers were ill-conceived : 2 showers behind one lockable door. So, of course everybody locked the door so only one shower was being used at a time. Plus, water was rarely warm enough. But hey, no deal breaker here..

I had a really good time at Riva Hostel. We stayed there for 5 nights and the staff felt like family by the end! It's within walking distance to several of the sites to see and only a bus ride away to the beaches. I would stay here again!

Absolutely enjoyed our time in the hostel, staff was one of the friendliest we have ever met, very helpful, gave us best advice on traveling! Would definitely recommend it!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

The staff provides very fun day trips! Take advantage of them. This hostel was phenomenal; the staff was fun, helpful, and welcoming. Double thumbs up.

A lovely hostel, very Social and a hub for making friends. The hostel offers trips to 3 awesome coastal locations in Pula next to nothing - and it will make your visit. They are locations that aren't tourist spots and therefore not places you will be able to find yourself (well, me and a friend kinda did, but i costs us a fair bit more and we walked around for a hour at least, a good adventure, but hostel service would've been better) . The rooftop bar is great and beer is cheap.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Nice and social hostel (but you should be completely quiet after midnight, even though they have a bar on the roof). The location is perfect, right by the sea and the main street, and they offer to drive you to the beach, airport and possibly other places as well, which is great. Only downside is that there was no hot water in the shower, but I think that was just that dorm..

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Norway

I never actually stayed at this hostel- I cancelled my reservation within 24 hrs via email but never heard back from the hostel, even though I emailed them twice and asked for confirmation. I tried calling first but their phone number was out of service so I couldn't reach them by phone. Yet over a week later they still charged my credit card for my stay! Do not try to stay here, something weird is going on.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4