River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

Thanks, it was perfect !

• 9th Apr 2015

Good location. Lockers were very flimsy in the dorms and disliked having to leave shoes outside although fine with taking them off. No atmosphere whatsoever and full of what seemed to be school students. So no social scene at all. Was fairly clean except hair always in the bathrooms. Staff were silent apart from one person who was screaming loud words all the time?? Recommend you stay elsewhere in Singapore. Building also looks really dodgy from outside.

It is stated clearly in the terms and conditions of your booking that footwear is not allowed indoors except in the toilets in order to upkeep the cleanliness of the hostel for all guests. Our staff do our best to assist guests whenever they need help or directions. The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control. In order to upkeep the atmosphere of the hostel, we do not accept guests below the age of 12.

I love this place! Best people.

A nice hostel with perfect location, just near clarke quay MRT. A cosy place to stay!

Nice Staff, Good environment overall. Nice breakfast and clean toilet facilities. You can buy discounted attraction tickets from reception too!

Easy to find location. Friendly hosts. Proximity to all the good food (and clubs if you desire those). Nutella at breakfast with bananas and toast. Well air-conditioned. Awesome place, would definitely come back in the future!

Great place and brilliant value for money. Only critique was a lack of atmosphere but may have been a bad time of year. Otherwise recommend it.

• 6th Mar 2015

My 4th or 5th stay at River City Inn, and not my last. Quite, clean, cetral to mrt, Clarke Quay and China town.

A nice cozy hostel. A good atmosphere to chat with others. For a hostel, the bed was nice and the room was nice and dark (just how I like it when I want to sleep.)

Good location, only a few minutes from Clarke Quay station and Chinatown. It's in a quiet street, so you will get a good night's rest. Felt clean and new. Only thing - and it's a minor issue - the room is a little too small for 9 beds.

It's an alright hostel. comfy beds, very clean, brilliant showers, tasty breakfast and has a good location. staff are not the best I've come across but they are perfectly acceptable. the hostel however seriously lacks atmosphere, all the other guests where extremely quiet and it was a struggle meet new people, which tainted my stay in Singapore.

The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control, especially during the low season. In order to upkeep the atmosphere of the hostel, we do not accept guests below the age of 12.

Shower was always cold. I don't think they were cleaned the entire three days I was there because they were always full with hair and other stuff. They say breakfast is until 12 but it is really over when the food runs out. They don't wash the blankets on the beds every time someone uses them and mine smelled really dirty. I was the only non-asian staying there, which was fine, but it just didn't have a social environment at all as they stick to themselves. The location was beyond great!

The heaters are kept on 24hrs a day to ensure that all guests have warm showers. Our toilets are cleaned at least 5 times a day as the cleanliness of our hostel is our top priority. You may approach our friendly staff if you are late at breakfast and we will be more than happy to top-up the toast. Do alert our staff of any issues during your stay so that we can rectify the problem. The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and would absolutely come back. The 26 person dorm was actually really peaceful - with that many people sharing everyone behaved. And hanging out in the common area is a good way to meet people. It is not a party house, but it is a great place to hang before and after a night on the town.

Convient location with easy access to MRT. It only costs $2.5 from the airport! I like the atmosphere in the hostel. Home feeling. Highly recommended. But note the hostel is located on the 4th floor without lift if you are traveling with heavy baggage.

Everything was great, highly recommended to all.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Staff told me to leave a positive review but not to review if I had complaints, especially since I was "only staying one night". Not enough bathrooms, and awkward layout to get to them. Uncomfortable, noisy bunks for this price point. Staff had long personal conversations (loudly) early in am, waking people up and down were hard to get to for questions.

I've stayed that for 3 nights and it was great to meet new people! The place is really well located, walking distance to marina bay and to the nightlife of Singapore. The staff was really helpful and kind.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Good hostel. Its in a great location, was clean and there was free breakfast! Would definitely stay here again when next in Singapore.

Great spot to use as a base to explore Singapore. Would definitely stay again.

Good location but $ $3 to hire a towel???? Severe lack of mirrors - none in the female dorm!

It is stated that we provide free Wi-Fi, clean Sheets, breakfast, air-conditioning and discounted attraction tickets. Towels are for rent. Guests who do not wish to rent a towel in a hostel environment may use their own towels. We have mirrors in the female dorm along the pillar. You may have missed it. Alternatively, there are mirrors at our sinks and in all the showers.