River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

Great all round hostel. Cosy and homely, only down side pillows a little hard.

Nice hostel and staff. Well located, clean and free breakfast.

A great hostel and great value for money. Friendly staff, spotlessly clean and very flexible regarding leaving my luggage after checkout for a late flight! Thank you!

Really nice place to stay! Good location, quite central to all interesting spots. Nice and helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay there!

nice staff, clean, nice decoration, including breakfast, not far from MRT station, and near clark quay chill out

Whilst staying at this hostel i found out that my dad had been diagnosed with cancer. I asked a member of staff if they could help me to book a flight home and explained my circumstances. I was given a funny look and pointed towards a computer. Whilst repacking my case we were told to make less mess and the final straw was when I was told that i should be 'grateful' that I get to see my father. I have never experienced such a lack of compassion.

• 12th Dec 2015

Evelyn's father was ill and she wanted a flight back home immediately and told our receptionist to book her an air ticket immediately. Our staff told Evelyn that she can book their flights online using our guest computers. Our staff was unable to do the booking for her because online flight booking requires credit card details of our staff as well as the personal particulars of the guests. In addition, the guest need to select the appropriate flight timing and flight price and it is difficult for our staff to book a flight for them. Somehow, the guest deem this gesture as having a "lack of a compassionate" even though our staff advised them on how to go about booking a flight, assisted them to print out their flight booking confirmation and booked them a taxi even when they gave us a very short notice. In Singapore, we always book our flight tickets online and get instant confirmation and our staff did their best to advise them on how to book a flight online. Regarding Evelyn's feedback about "making less mess when repacking", our staff told Evelyn to not put her belongings on another guest's bed because the other guest just checked in and told our staff that her bed is dirty and has stuff on the bed from another guest. As such, our staff had to tell Evelyn nicely to remove her belongings from someone else's bed. Evelyn was being inconsiderate by leaving her belongings all over the place and dirtying another guest's bed in the process. She was self-centred and only cared about her own emotions and not caring about others in a hostel environment. At River City Inn, we do our best to assist guests in whatever way we can within our means. We not only have to look into the requests from Evelyn, we also have to ensure the welfare and comfort of other in-house guests.

Good location, terrible atmosphere. Receptionist was very friendly. Rooms are tiny but it's good value for money considering that Singapore is expensive.

The Staffs are very friendly and very helpful :) The main thing about this hostel is that the bathrooms are super cleaaaaan. You can also have wheat bread and banana for breakfast as well (at no cost!)

Overall, it was a solid home base. Met a bunch of cool people and the showers were a good size. Wifi was pretty spotty my first night but they fixed it. Location was solid and next to a mall/metro which was awesome. Nice staff too. Chose this place bc it had the most reviews and generally high ratings, but I think if i redid my trip, I might take a chance on another hostel, esp since Singapore has a bunch of new ones popping up. Those damn stairs man...

Overall it was a great stay. Location is good and the hostel is secure.

Great place to stay. Very good place to meet people.

Very satisfied with my decision to stay at River City Inn. Staff are very professional, warm, and friendly. Exceptional customer service and would definitely recommend to my friends and family. They gave me a free shirt upon check-out and offered to keep my bags until my flight. Thanks again River City Inn!

• 29th Nov 2015

Great and super friendly staff. They have lockers with provided keys, very clean, comfi sofas and a good Wi-Fi connection. Always again!

The lockers in the dorm room did not lock properly. A friend used a different key to open my locker, which was quite surprising! Please double check them and change them if you can!

Great just be prepared to walk up some stairs to get there.

Great location, but mediocre hostel. The mattresses were old and uncomfortable, the WiFi was unstable and slow. It was clean, but could've been cleaner. The staff did their job, but seemed generally apathetic. The facilities are very basic.

Thank you for your feedback. We have checked the mattress of your bed and it is in good condition. In fact, we just changed all our mattresses recently. We will check with the internet provider regarding the WiFi stability. They may be conducting upgrading works which affects the stability of the internet. Do let us know what non-basic facilities we can include and we will consider implementing.

Great little hostel, great location and really really clean! They have everything you need and people who stayed there seemed pretty friendly!

Maybe that's Singapore and everywhere that way, but I feel the large crowded of beds main dorm pretty expensive for what you get. Bathrooms ok but nothing amazing, free tea and coffee a plus. And Hong Kong street is next to the CBD of the city, so quite cool to look at skyscrapers but probably not the most exciting. The air con was dripping water on the couch in the common area... Could do with some more deco/better furniture.

Accommodation prices are generally higher in Singapore because of the high rental and property prices. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the other properties in the same location (Hongkong street/Clarke Quay/Chinatown). We are located in the heart of the city centre and the prime location makes the various attractions around easily accessible on foot. Thank you for your feedback on the AC. We will send the service staff down to fix it.

We did not enjoy our stay with this hostel. The staff were incredibly rude and seemed as if they did not want to be there. As well, the bathroom is located directly in front of the kitchen table where people eat. Our air conditioning did not work very well either. I believe you could find a far better hostel in Singapore for the same price.

Thank you for your feedback but the guest has probably written a review for the wrong property as our dining table is not facing the bathroom. Our dining table is in the living room. In the event that the air-conditioning is too hot or too cold, please assist to alert our staff and we will do the necessary.

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable beds.