River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

Shower was always cold. I don't think they were cleaned the entire three days I was there because they were always full with hair and other stuff. They say breakfast is until 12 but it is really over when the food runs out. They don't wash the blankets on the beds every time someone uses them and mine smelled really dirty. I was the only non-asian staying there, which was fine, but it just didn't have a social environment at all as they stick to themselves. The location was beyond great!

The heaters are kept on 24hrs a day to ensure that all guests have warm showers. Our toilets are cleaned at least 5 times a day as the cleanliness of our hostel is our top priority. You may approach our friendly staff if you are late at breakfast and we will be more than happy to top-up the toast. Do alert our staff of any issues during your stay so that we can rectify the problem. The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and would absolutely come back. The 26 person dorm was actually really peaceful - with that many people sharing everyone behaved. And hanging out in the common area is a good way to meet people. It is not a party house, but it is a great place to hang before and after a night on the town.

Convient location with easy access to MRT. It only costs $2.5 from the airport! I like the atmosphere in the hostel. Home feeling. Highly recommended. But note the hostel is located on the 4th floor without lift if you are traveling with heavy baggage.

Everything was great, highly recommended to all.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Staff told me to leave a positive review but not to review if I had complaints, especially since I was "only staying one night". Not enough bathrooms, and awkward layout to get to them. Uncomfortable, noisy bunks for this price point. Staff had long personal conversations (loudly) early in am, waking people up and down were hard to get to for questions.

I've stayed that for 3 nights and it was great to meet new people! The place is really well located, walking distance to marina bay and to the nightlife of Singapore. The staff was really helpful and kind.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Good hostel. Its in a great location, was clean and there was free breakfast! Would definitely stay here again when next in Singapore.

Great spot to use as a base to explore Singapore. Would definitely stay again.

Good location but $ $3 to hire a towel???? Severe lack of mirrors - none in the female dorm!

It is stated that we provide free Wi-Fi, clean Sheets, breakfast, air-conditioning and discounted attraction tickets. Towels are for rent. Guests who do not wish to rent a towel in a hostel environment may use their own towels. We have mirrors in the female dorm along the pillar. You may have missed it. Alternatively, there are mirrors at our sinks and in all the showers.

The hostel was amazing- it was very clean and tidy and the staff were always helpful!

• 20th Jan 2015

Great place

This hostel is exceptionally clean. The owner can be a little too pedantic at times and we found that he'd moved/bagged up some of our things because he doesn't like shoes in the hostel. The atmosphere in the hostel was good and the communal area was always full of people. The location was also very good right next to Clarke quay and less than a 5 minute walk to a mrt station. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• 29th Dec 2014

Very good atmosphere!! Could meet a lot of people

Clean, quiet hostel. Showers and toilets are shared gender cubicles which were clean and great shower heads! Dorms were clean with good size locker provided. Own lamp and power adaptor for each bed. Staff were friendly and helpful when need be. Breakfast was bread and bananas with jam or Nutella - this could have been improved to make better value for money. Other than that had a good stay at the river city inn.

Staff really friendly and helpful! Love the location and the hostel

Convenient location, and pretty clean. 3 showers and 3 toilets - the shower water gets cold when all 3 showers are in use. You're allowed to borrow an umbrella when it rains. Breakfast is only toast with nutella/jam/pb. Overall, I had a good time at this hostel and met very lovely people.

Thank you for care me boss. I will come again.

All in all a good hostel. Rooms were definitely clean!!

Nice and good located hostel in the heart of Singapore. Clean and ordinary dorms and bathrooms. Nevertheless, Singapore is an expensive place to stay.

Very cozy hostel. 15 min walk to marina bay, 2min walk to the mrt estation. I had a very pleasant stay. Would stay again.

• 6th Dec 2014