River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

nice and clean hostel!!

• 14th May 2015
  • Vietnam

Fantastic hostel. Don't be put off by the outside, it is extremely nice inside. Very clean, friendly staff, lockers, great location.

best hostel ever! as comfortable as being at home :)

Staff is seem do a job only for money . Plz improve this because there are many hostel better around you.

In order to upkeep the security of the hostel, visitors are only allowed to hang out in the living area. The guest brought his friend into the dorms and our staff stopped them politely, explaining the rational. The guest ignored the staff and brought his friend into the dorm to hang out and take pictures, making it difficult for the staff on duty.

I like the place. The kitchen are is quite big where we can have breakfast in a few poeple/ LOve the atmosphere also.

excellent location, clean and nice environment, easy to meet friends

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very good location, free tea and coffee at a nice hangout area at the reception with both sofa´s and chairs/table.

My home in Singapore, 2nd stop this year, and have been here 5-6 times all together.. Good bunk bed, clean, good showers, nice staff, quite, excelent location. If/when I go back to Singapore, I will stay here again

Thanks, it was perfect !

• 9th Apr 2015

Good location. Lockers were very flimsy in the dorms and disliked having to leave shoes outside although fine with taking them off. No atmosphere whatsoever and full of what seemed to be school students. So no social scene at all. Was fairly clean except hair always in the bathrooms. Staff were silent apart from one person who was screaming loud words all the time?? Recommend you stay elsewhere in Singapore. Building also looks really dodgy from outside.

It is stated clearly in the terms and conditions of your booking that footwear is not allowed indoors except in the toilets in order to upkeep the cleanliness of the hostel for all guests. Our staff do our best to assist guests whenever they need help or directions. The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control. In order to upkeep the atmosphere of the hostel, we do not accept guests below the age of 12.

I love this place! Best people.

A nice hostel with perfect location, just near clarke quay MRT. A cosy place to stay!

Nice Staff, Good environment overall. Nice breakfast and clean toilet facilities. You can buy discounted attraction tickets from reception too!

Easy to find location. Friendly hosts. Proximity to all the good food (and clubs if you desire those). Nutella at breakfast with bananas and toast. Well air-conditioned. Awesome place, would definitely come back in the future!

Great place and brilliant value for money. Only critique was a lack of atmosphere but may have been a bad time of year. Otherwise recommend it.

• 6th Mar 2015

My 4th or 5th stay at River City Inn, and not my last. Quite, clean, cetral to mrt, Clarke Quay and China town.

A nice cozy hostel. A good atmosphere to chat with others. For a hostel, the bed was nice and the room was nice and dark (just how I like it when I want to sleep.)

Good location, only a few minutes from Clarke Quay station and Chinatown. It's in a quiet street, so you will get a good night's rest. Felt clean and new. Only thing - and it's a minor issue - the room is a little too small for 9 beds.

It's an alright hostel. comfy beds, very clean, brilliant showers, tasty breakfast and has a good location. staff are not the best I've come across but they are perfectly acceptable. the hostel however seriously lacks atmosphere, all the other guests where extremely quiet and it was a struggle meet new people, which tainted my stay in Singapore.

The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control, especially during the low season. In order to upkeep the atmosphere of the hostel, we do not accept guests below the age of 12.

Shower was always cold. I don't think they were cleaned the entire three days I was there because they were always full with hair and other stuff. They say breakfast is until 12 but it is really over when the food runs out. They don't wash the blankets on the beds every time someone uses them and mine smelled really dirty. I was the only non-asian staying there, which was fine, but it just didn't have a social environment at all as they stick to themselves. The location was beyond great!

The heaters are kept on 24hrs a day to ensure that all guests have warm showers. Our toilets are cleaned at least 5 times a day as the cleanliness of our hostel is our top priority. You may approach our friendly staff if you are late at breakfast and we will be more than happy to top-up the toast. Do alert our staff of any issues during your stay so that we can rectify the problem. The atmosphere of the hostel is largely dependent on the backpackers crowd which is often beyond our control.

1 2 Next » last »