River City Inn

8.4
Fabulous 2085 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
11th Feb 2017

A little pricey for what you get, although I think that might just be Singapore! I felt like I was brushing my teeth in the living room - staff are great!

• Philippines, Male, 18-24
26th Jan 2017

Great location and friendly staff! I would recommend this hostel :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Jan 2017
7.1

It wasn't a very social place to stay at and everyone tended to keep to themselves. Great if you want a bit more of a chilled, do your own thing type of place, but I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveller. Location was pretty good - only a few mins walk to Chinatown and lots of great places to eat. Their location being on the 4th floor did tend to get a bit annoying if you had to go up and down constantly as there were no stairs. Otherwise, the facilities were great as is the kitchen.

13th Jan 2017

Pretty good place. Beds are average. If a bottom bed is open then you can request to change bed. Breakfast isn't much. Just toast and banana but you can't complain for being free. Location is within walking distance to most things and it's close to the train stop.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Nothing to fault on this hostel. Good location near Clarke Quay which is full of restaurants and bars. Friendly and helpful staff

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

Loved our stay here. Bit sceptical at first due to the exterior. bare in mind it's on the fourth floor. Staff were SO lovely and the atmosphere in the hostel was the main thing for us. Endless supply of water was amazing along with wifi and lockers in the rooms. No shoes policy we also loved!!! Air con isn't the best but it does the job and beds were comfy along with curtain for little bit of privacy Oh and fab location. Right next to MRT, Chinatown, Little India Thank you river city inn

13th Dec 2016

The location is ideal and I had a very positive experience during my stay in Singapore. I recommend booking on Hostelworld in advance as I waited to walk in the day of and ended up paying quite a significant amount more. But even so I felt that it was worth the money as I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff is very nice and the facilities are comfortable.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
6th Dec 2016

This place is nice. It's fairly quiet but I still met a cool people staying there. They have everything you need and the staff are very helpful. Nice bathrooms, coumfy beds.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
4th Dec 2016
5.1

Fairly ordinary place to stay, very noisy dorm and the odd inconsiderate person who is loud or leaves the lights on when you want to sleep. Locker isn't particularly secure. Bathrooms often get quite dirty at peak times. Beds are uncomfortable (concave with minimal support). Carrying heavy bags up 3 flights of stairs to access the hostel is ridiculous, had a sore back for 3 days following my stay. Stairwell gets very smelly in the evenings (shoes left outside). No age limit for hostel.

Thank you for your feedback. Our hostel has a lights out and no noise policy after 11pm as some guests would like to rest early. We have informed some noisy guests to lower their volume after 11pm. However, there are some guests that are uncooperative and inconsiderate and this is not the fault of the property. It is also stated clearly in the terms and conditions of all bookings that we are located on the 4th floor without a lift so that all guests are aware of our location, in the event that the stairs are a source of concern. Stairways may smell sometimes due to the mixed martial arts gym located on the 5th floor and not due to shoes. Do notify our staff if guests have any feedback during your stay with us so that we can do our best to make things right when you are still with us. Thank you!