RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

The reception is very kind to answer my phone inquiry before I arrived the hostel. Clear instruction.

Stayed at The Riverside Hostel, Guangzhou for 2 nights. My stay was quite comfortable and pleasant. Everything you expect from a good hostel. Neat and clean. Was given my room before check-in time as it was available. WiFi, Location excellent. Nice vibe. Food was good too. Slight concerns would be that the washbasin did not drain in my room, not much of an issue. But last day i had a roach in my room, big issue. Some staff was very polite other not so much. Defo coming back!

The easiest way to get from airport is to use the metro. You only have to make one change and its cheaper than the bus. You can buy a card which you can use all day.

Fiona and Ken who work at the hostel reception were engaging and extremely helpful, as I dont speak the language it was tricky, but they were considerate and went out of their way to help me, the room was comfy, the weather was dank and wet and their were lots of mosquitos, it would make sense for them to put screens on the windows so you could open them for some much needed fresh air, I got bitten,food was an issue for me, especially breakfast, I guess I am a fussy eater, overall thumbs up.

• 9th May 2015

This long running place is as good as ever. Lovely riverfront location on a leafy, quiet street. Helpful staff speak English. Just avoid breakfast which is dismal and does not include any beverage. Guangzhou is a very genuine, much underrated city by Chinese standards.

Thank you for the review. :)

It's a bit hard to find and relatively far from the metro station. To be honest we just arrived late in the night, slept, and left early in the morning so I can't really give you a full review of it. However it was comfortable and looked quite decent.

Thank you for the review.

The water pressure of shower is very low, it's very hard to take a shower confortably. Also, wifi is not working in room (twin bed private). Besides, the atmosphere and location is very good :)

Thank you for the review. It takes some time for us to apply for more investment to improve WiFi. The water pressure is restricted because we need control the noise of the water supply facility on the top of the floor which is next to other neighbours.

Average hostel. The location is not really good for tourist.

I stayed two nights in a dorm. The facilities were fine, and the staff were friendly and helpful. There's a bit of a walk to get to the metro station, but it's generally in a good location, and quite pleasant - being next to the river.

Thank you for the review. :)

Free clean towels would be amazing! Great hostel otherwise.

• 1st Jan 2015