RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan)

6.9
Good 907 Total Reviews

19th Jul 2017
3.4

I've been backpacking for a year and a half and this is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. The room was covered in cockroaches and smelled like something had died in there. AC didn't work either making the night unbearable when it's 30 Celsius outside. The staff are the rudest I have EVER met, so unhelpful. When I asked for directions to the metro and market I was told to google it. When I asked for a map they tried to charge me for it. DO NOT STAY HERE

25th Jun 2017

Good location in a quiet neighborhood near the ferry to downtown. Some restaurants and convenience stores just around the corner. Room was really clean and comfortable. The security guard was able to check us in even though we arrived at 3 a.m. but otherwise didn't have any interactions with staff members. There is also a good common room for hanging out in.

12th Jun 2017
6.6

Genuinely friendly staff, however trying to find someone at the cafe was near impossible. Roaches in the room, barely any hot water. All in all, fine for what I needed but expected more.

30th Apr 2017

Never made it to the hostel, got stuck in Hong Kong

15th Apr 2017
5.1

The hostel's staff doesn't answer emails. It's more expensive than other places in Guangzhou but the standard is low. Upper beds are really high and it's difficult to get down. Bathroom wasn't very clean. The ceiling is in terrible shape and full of wholes: you don't really know what can come out from there. I don't recommend.

• England, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017
5.1

We emailed to say we'd be arriving early after a flight, we got there at 3 but were told we'd booked a single room and the man, who spoke no English, only offered us the most expensive room instead (later I found an email saying we'd booked a single but it was fine for 2). The man went back to sleep behind the desk so all we could do was wait for the subway to open to go somewhere else. Horrific service to refuse young people to stay at such a time in the morning, rude and ignorant staff

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
29th Jan 2017
5.7

Good location close to subway and relatively central. Staff were not all that friendly and the room, although superficially clean, was in need of a freshening up. The pillows and comforter were definitely quite musty. I've stayed in YHA hostels all over China and this was a bit below average compared to the others. Best things about it are the riverside location and the big common area with outdoor picnic tables which are nice for a drink.