RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

This long running place is as good as ever. Lovely riverfront location on a leafy, quiet street. Helpful staff speak English. Just avoid breakfast which is dismal and does not include any beverage. Guangzhou is a very genuine, much underrated city by Chinese standards.

It's a bit hard to find and relatively far from the metro station. To be honest we just arrived late in the night, slept, and left early in the morning so I can't really give you a full review of it. However it was comfortable and looked quite decent.

The water pressure of shower is very low, it's very hard to take a shower confortably. Also, wifi is not working in room (twin bed private). Besides, the atmosphere and location is very good :)

Average hostel. The location is not really good for tourist.

Free clean towels would be amazing! Great hostel otherwise.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • India

Good place Value for money. nice food big rooms clean bed sheets Ps : they do the beds for you every morning :-)

Great atmosphere. Rooms are basic, but functional. Nice communal area with pool table, sofas, outside chill out area. Close to metro and ferries. Price was ok for Guangzhou.

this is a beautifull place to stay and where you can really relax the location is exellent as the whole guesthouse and aspecially the staff is , there is a nice garden in front , no traffic a park where you can do youre work outs if you want , this is the place to be , as clean as possiblle the common room has nice big sofa,s and has nice music . in front watertaxis go everywhere subway 5 minutes walk i have over 20 years travellexperience in china and wil absolutely come back

A friendly atmosphere with very friendly and helpful staff. There are ample small street restaurants and local markets close by. Excellent city metro just a 5 min walk or buses and ferries directly in front of the hostel. The rooms are comfortable and cleaned professionally everyday. You can order an enjoyable meal and a beer inside the hostel for less than 20 Yuan. If I ever come back to Guangzhou, I will be staying at the Riverside YHA .

All around a "good" hostel. Not great but certainly worth the money to stay at. The atmosphere is good and I have absolutely no complaints there. The front desk staff were as helpful as they could be and very friendly. My girlfriend and I stayed in 2 separate mixed rooms... mine was pretty clean; hers was not clean at all. I definitely would recommend this hostel but it won't be a life-changing experience or anything... very avg hostel; what you'd expect in China. Super cheap beer!

Good hostel. Found we had to travel a little Dar for things though.

Close to the river and an awesome street with lots of outdoor BBQ. Can take a quick subway or ferry to other parts of Guangzhou. Atmosphere is very good and it is easy either to have a quite vacation or meet other travellers/locals. staff is very friendly and helpful. Would recommend staying here when staying in guangzhou

Never, ever again. Guys, don't go there!!! I had made the hostel aware via email - twice!!! - that mine would be a post midnight check-in. I arrived and the night manager was lying behind the reception desk in his desk chair and decided - for no good reason whatsoever not to check me in. A three hour drama followed as I felt compelled to call the police who kindly attended - blue lights flashing - and giving the night porter a shouting to. NEVER, NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!! Travellers, BEWARE!!!!!!

We still strongly feel sorry for your upset experience. I'm the new manager, Fiona. We ensure we will improve our service quality at the reception. The case happened when the reception was closed and our security guard was on duty. He also felt stressed and embarrassed because he can not speak in English. For this case, he has asked to leave. We apologized again. We will be inform more clearly and encourage our guest check in before 23:00 on the arrival day. With best wishes

All was well, except for breakfast. We waited for our simple order (boiled eggs and toast) for over an hour.

I am sorry to hear this case. I am the new manager Fiona. We ensure it won't happen again. On that day, we happened to be short of one reception desk staff. We will also improve our receptionists' English skills to avoid misunderstanding. Thank you for bringing the matter to us.

It was very nice, most of the issues I had were due to the fact that there is a lot of ongoing construction. I sure that when that finishes it will be top notch

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thank you for your encourage. We are tryin our best to make the hostel more pretty.