RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Staff was very helpful. Just a great place!

They didn't have a single room the first night, so they put me in a better room, which was nice. Afterwards, I was in a nice single room. I killed two cockroaches the first night, although the room looked clean. Do ask for the mosquito repellent, it's necessary even in winter.

- The directions could be improved in the „walk 200m“ part. - You could explain how to get drinking water (boil it? take it from the tap?).

It was a nice facility with a few issues. First, I woke up in the middle of the night every night to mosquitos buzzing at my ear and bug bites all over my hands and faceless the housekeepers laughing and chatting at 8:30 am. Second, the Internet connection was terrible. When I asked about it I was told to use the downstairs but no one even attempted to repair the upstairs. The location was great and the facility was nice. I wish the staff was more helpful and knowledgeable.

This hostel was very nice! Staff was friendly and the lobby was calm and quiet through night, no parties. The location was further away from the subway station than I first expected, about 15 min walk. But it was cheap and clean, which was most important.

The room was good value, quiet, and had all the facilities I needed. There were some mosquitos in the room and I got a few bites - some measures to prevent that would be nice.

• 24th Nov 2015

The staff were not very helpful. The the hostel was not as good as the reviews say it was. Better hostels for better prices nearby

Beautiful place on a quiet area .next to paerl river, where manager Fiona does a great Job. The place is very clean and staff very friendly .big beds and soft matrasses as the Nice show er makes it a very Nice place to stay .was in this house before and will come back next time

Excellent value for money. Easy to get to...and cheap food locally. WIFI everywhere, but not a strong signal.

The internet connection was quite poor, which made everyone struggle in the common area. Furthermore, the dryer was broken, so clothes weren't dry after 36 hours. However, the staff was really helpful especially with booking train tickets. This was a big bonus! Also, it was very nice that the pool table was for free and the common area had a relaxed atmosphere, this made the rainy days very comfortable.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in China.

Nice hostel. Very modern. China needs more of these, not those apartments being pegged as hostels but are really apartments.

Staff could use more personality but we're very efficient in their role. Stayed in single bedroom which was very nice. I feel hostel is a bit far from central Guangzhou but it's right on the Pearl River delta and its stunning!

The reception is very kind to answer my phone inquiry before I arrived the hostel. Clear instruction.

Stayed at The Riverside Hostel, Guangzhou for 2 nights. My stay was quite comfortable and pleasant. Everything you expect from a good hostel. Neat and clean. Was given my room before check-in time as it was available. WiFi, Location excellent. Nice vibe. Food was good too. Slight concerns would be that the washbasin did not drain in my room, not much of an issue. But last day i had a roach in my room, big issue. Some staff was very polite other not so much. Defo coming back!

No thanks. And the directions from the train station are COMPLETELY wrong.

The easiest way to get from airport is to use the metro. You only have to make one change and its cheaper than the bus. You can buy a card which you can use all day.

Fiona and Ken who work at the hostel reception were engaging and extremely helpful, as I dont speak the language it was tricky, but they were considerate and went out of their way to help me, the room was comfy, the weather was dank and wet and their were lots of mosquitos, it would make sense for them to put screens on the windows so you could open them for some much needed fresh air, I got bitten,food was an issue for me, especially breakfast, I guess I am a fussy eater, overall thumbs up.

• 9th May 2015

This long running place is as good as ever. Lovely riverfront location on a leafy, quiet street. Helpful staff speak English. Just avoid breakfast which is dismal and does not include any beverage. Guangzhou is a very genuine, much underrated city by Chinese standards.

Thank you for the review. :)

It's a bit hard to find and relatively far from the metro station. To be honest we just arrived late in the night, slept, and left early in the morning so I can't really give you a full review of it. However it was comfortable and looked quite decent.

Thank you for the review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7