RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Good place Value for money. nice food big rooms clean bed sheets Ps : they do the beds for you every morning :-)

Great atmosphere. Rooms are basic, but functional. Nice communal area with pool table, sofas, outside chill out area. Close to metro and ferries. Price was ok for Guangzhou.

• 30th Oct 2014

this is a beautifull place to stay and where you can really relax the location is exellent as the whole guesthouse and aspecially the staff is , there is a nice garden in front , no traffic a park where you can do youre work outs if you want , this is the place to be , as clean as possiblle the common room has nice big sofa,s and has nice music . in front watertaxis go everywhere subway 5 minutes walk i have over 20 years travellexperience in china and wil absolutely come back

A friendly atmosphere with very friendly and helpful staff. There are ample small street restaurants and local markets close by. Excellent city metro just a 5 min walk or buses and ferries directly in front of the hostel. The rooms are comfortable and cleaned professionally everyday. You can order an enjoyable meal and a beer inside the hostel for less than 20 Yuan. If I ever come back to Guangzhou, I will be staying at the Riverside YHA .

• 1st Oct 2014

All around a "good" hostel. Not great but certainly worth the money to stay at. The atmosphere is good and I have absolutely no complaints there. The front desk staff were as helpful as they could be and very friendly. My girlfriend and I stayed in 2 separate mixed rooms... mine was pretty clean; hers was not clean at all. I definitely would recommend this hostel but it won't be a life-changing experience or anything... very avg hostel; what you'd expect in China. Super cheap beer!

Good hostel. Found we had to travel a little Dar for things though.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • China

Close to the river and an awesome street with lots of outdoor BBQ. Can take a quick subway or ferry to other parts of Guangzhou. Atmosphere is very good and it is easy either to have a quite vacation or meet other travellers/locals. staff is very friendly and helpful. Would recommend staying here when staying in guangzhou

Never, ever again. Guys, don't go there!!! I had made the hostel aware via email - twice!!! - that mine would be a post midnight check-in. I arrived and the night manager was lying behind the reception desk in his desk chair and decided - for no good reason whatsoever not to check me in. A three hour drama followed as I felt compelled to call the police who kindly attended - blue lights flashing - and giving the night porter a shouting to. NEVER, NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!! Travellers, BEWARE!!!!!!

We still strongly feel sorry for your upset experience. I'm the new manager, Fiona. We ensure we will improve our service quality at the reception. The case happened when the reception was closed and our security guard was on duty. He also felt stressed and embarrassed because he can not speak in English. For this case, he has asked to leave. We apologized again. We will be inform more clearly and encourage our guest check in before 23:00 on the arrival day. With best wishes

All was well, except for breakfast. We waited for our simple order (boiled eggs and toast) for over an hour.

I am sorry to hear this case. I am the new manager Fiona. We ensure it won't happen again. On that day, we happened to be short of one reception desk staff. We will also improve our receptionists' English skills to avoid misunderstanding. Thank you for bringing the matter to us.

It was very nice, most of the issues I had were due to the fact that there is a lot of ongoing construction. I sure that when that finishes it will be top notch

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thank you for your encourage. We are tryin our best to make the hostel more pretty.

Nice staff and environment but long way to reach over 10-15 min

The hostel is easy to find and well located. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

Love the common area - lots of couches, pool table, and food and drink are not too expensive. Great place to spend some down time.

Great location, handy to both river ferries across to Shamian Island and night cruise (both must-dos in Guangzhou). The food shops in the area are good eating and friendly. This area of town has many "off the beaten trail" attractions such as the dried foods and tea markets. Definitely be again one day.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is good location. but i had to work more to go there than i expected. staff members are very kind and nice to me. The atmosphere of the hostel is full of energy and room was clear. One day was OK. but another day, i was bitten by a mosquito. Mosquitoes kept me up all night.

The hostel had clean rooms and a large lobby area with a bar and pool table. It was located next to the river and nearby was a subway station which meant you could get around Guangzhou easily. The staff were friendly and gave us alot of help and directions.

Helpful staff, good food, and an interesting location make the YHA at Fangcun a fine low-budget option in Guangzhou. Will stay again.

The room was spacious and clean with a well functioning tv and air conditioner. The cheap breakfast was also appreciated!

I thought there's a nice view when I viewed the hostel. But when I'm there, there isn't. Apparently the price I paid for wasn't what I could get. Hostelworld or the hostel should make a clearer note on that. There's also interesting water dripping from my room... which I have no idea why.

Need more on local attractions places to go

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7