RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

The hostel had clean rooms and a large lobby area with a bar and pool table. It was located next to the river and nearby was a subway station which meant you could get around Guangzhou easily. The staff were friendly and gave us alot of help and directions.

Helpful staff, good food, and an interesting location make the YHA at Fangcun a fine low-budget option in Guangzhou. Will stay again.

The room was spacious and clean with a well functioning tv and air conditioner. The cheap breakfast was also appreciated!

I thought there's a nice view when I viewed the hostel. But when I'm there, there isn't. Apparently the price I paid for wasn't what I could get. Hostelworld or the hostel should make a clearer note on that. There's also interesting water dripping from my room... which I have no idea why.

Need more on local attractions places to go

IT would be helpful to have help with booking onward travel. We found ferry useful and not quite as busy as underground.

Location is good but I got mosquito bites all over me.

I loved this hostel. I thought the staff spoke very good English. They were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. A great place for an even better price.

A bit rundown, needs to upkeep the facilities.

A clean but very small room. I can't quite get used to the shower over the toilet. As hostels go and for the price it was OK . the position a five minute walk from the metro and looking out across the river was excellent also lots of cheap eating establishments close by. The bed was typically China hard. Breakfast was adequate.

Location was great but the staff were not helpful or friendly. The food and coffee was terrible. The internet was poor and the atmosphere was terrible.

that was very nice to stay in this hostel. because everyone was cooperated. and Thank You guys.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - atmosphere of the hostel was very warm and welcoming upon arriving in the lobby. Rooms were clean and comfortable, worth the money we paid. Staff were hesitant and seemed occupied and busy at times to cater to needs but most of the time were friendly and helpful. Located near convenience stores and authentic restaurants down Luju Road, which offer interesting street foods at night. Views on the wharf were nice too. Overall a very nice hostel - highly recommended.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Philippines

The Riverside exceeded our expectations from the moment we arrived until we left. The staff did everything they could to make us welcome and provide needed logistics and information. We will stay again in March on our return to North America. THANKS.

The staff were all very friendly and helpfull. They recommended we had a YHA card and it has already paid for itself.

This is a proper backpackers hostel, which was nice for a 24 layover - a place to have beers with other tourists. The private room was extremely basic, but fine for the price. I found the staff pleasant and largely helpful. Decent Western-style breakfasts for a reasonable price, as well.

The staff was't helpful, not friendly (not a warm welkom like other hostels). We asked before the possibilities to travel to Hong Kong and if there was a need to make a reservation. Answer: 'every hour goes a train to Hong Kong, no need to.' The departing day at 9.00 in the morning at the trainstation the first posibiletrain was at 16.38...not funny...at last we could earlier take a bus but the arriving time in Hong Kong was far more than expected and not nessesary.

Metro station is a bit far from the hostel, but in general I liked this place.

Have made Riverside YHA hostel my place of stay each time I pass through GuangZhou. thanks staff for oranging taxis for me.

The hostel is well located near the river, not far from a metro station and near a bar street with plenty of food options. Staff are efficient and helpful. Rooms are cleaned daily and overall cleanliness is excellent. There's a large common area with free wifi. Wifi was good enough to make a Skype call when the place wasn't too busy. Food options are very limited. Beer is very cheap - 5 yuan. Top marks for that!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7