RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan) Reviews

No. 15, Changdi Street, Luju Road, Fangcun Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Nice staff and environment but long way to reach over 10-15 min

The hostel is easy to find and well located. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

Love the common area - lots of couches, pool table, and food and drink are not too expensive. Great place to spend some down time.

Great location, handy to both river ferries across to Shamian Island and night cruise (both must-dos in Guangzhou). The food shops in the area are good eating and friendly. This area of town has many "off the beaten trail" attractions such as the dried foods and tea markets. Definitely be again one day.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is good location. but i had to work more to go there than i expected. staff members are very kind and nice to me. The atmosphere of the hostel is full of energy and room was clear. One day was OK. but another day, i was bitten by a mosquito. Mosquitoes kept me up all night.

The hostel had clean rooms and a large lobby area with a bar and pool table. It was located next to the river and nearby was a subway station which meant you could get around Guangzhou easily. The staff were friendly and gave us alot of help and directions.

Helpful staff, good food, and an interesting location make the YHA at Fangcun a fine low-budget option in Guangzhou. Will stay again.

The room was spacious and clean with a well functioning tv and air conditioner. The cheap breakfast was also appreciated!

I thought there's a nice view when I viewed the hostel. But when I'm there, there isn't. Apparently the price I paid for wasn't what I could get. Hostelworld or the hostel should make a clearer note on that. There's also interesting water dripping from my room... which I have no idea why.

Need more on local attractions places to go

Terrible. .. There are too many ticks and fleas... I couldn't sleep a moment

IT would be helpful to have help with booking onward travel. We found ferry useful and not quite as busy as underground.

Location is good but I got mosquito bites all over me.

I loved this hostel. I thought the staff spoke very good English. They were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. A great place for an even better price.

A bit rundown, needs to upkeep the facilities.

A clean but very small room. I can't quite get used to the shower over the toilet. As hostels go and for the price it was OK . the position a five minute walk from the metro and looking out across the river was excellent also lots of cheap eating establishments close by. The bed was typically China hard. Breakfast was adequate.

Location was great but the staff were not helpful or friendly. The food and coffee was terrible. The internet was poor and the atmosphere was terrible.

that was very nice to stay in this hostel. because everyone was cooperated. and Thank You guys.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - atmosphere of the hostel was very warm and welcoming upon arriving in the lobby. Rooms were clean and comfortable, worth the money we paid. Staff were hesitant and seemed occupied and busy at times to cater to needs but most of the time were friendly and helpful. Located near convenience stores and authentic restaurants down Luju Road, which offer interesting street foods at night. Views on the wharf were nice too. Overall a very nice hostel - highly recommended.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Philippines

The Riverside exceeded our expectations from the moment we arrived until we left. The staff did everything they could to make us welcome and provide needed logistics and information. We will stay again in March on our return to North America. THANKS.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7