Riverside Hostel Gdansk Reviews

ul. Powroźnicza 18/24 lok.2, Gdansk, Poland

This is the best hostel I've stayed in so far. The rooms were very clean, the atmosphere was cozy and conducive to meeting new people without feeling your privacy was being compromised, and the location is perfect, just a street off of Long Market in the old town. I definitely recommend this hostel and if you're going to Gdansk, enjoy!

• 4th Feb 2016

Really liked this place! Beds are extremely comfortable and the breakfast is better than usually (they have cheese and salami!) The hostel pug is so cute. Some of the staff could be a bit more friendly with guests but I guess it's just the language barrier, and anyway everyone was nice to us. My only complaint is that you should get some curtains for the bathroom because you can see right in from the street! We covered the windows with pillows but it was inconvenient.

Location Location Location!

Loved it x

We loved our stay here. Lovely quiet hostel and suited us well for arriving and getting to sleep after a long travel. Not a place to go to party but people were pleasant enough and spoke to us every time we were in the common area. The staff were very helpful and suggested things for us to do and see, the location was also fantastic - right on the corner of the main square of old town Gdansk. Only one downside was that the toilet door in the communal bathroom didn't lock properly.

Very clean hostel with really comfy beds. As a solo female traveller it felt safe too. Staff weren't overly friendly but once approached they were helpful. One of them had a very annoying dog which was very jumpy and it was uncomfortable eating with it attempting to jump on my lap.

• 23rd Jan 2016

The atmosphere was pretty chill, rooms were clean. Wish the staff had been a bit more on top of the communal bathroom as the soap was out for a few days.

Shower conditions were very poor, door didn't lock so there was no privacity to take shower

My second stay here and both times I loved it!

Great and not the best location as main busy street is just behind the corner. Place is clean and tidy, great design and idea how to arrange it.

I really liked the Riverside hostel. Located in the centre of Gdansk, it's directly next to the river - it was really nice waking up and seeing a bunch of seagulls hopping on the frozen river from the dorm window :) You definitely feel comfortable there; it's a great place to relax! The only thing I didn't like that much was that if you want to use the Wi-Fi, you have to log in via your facebook account and allow them to have a look at all your personal data there.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff was wonderfully welcoming and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, it had a great design, and it was super close to the main historic district. Beautiful view overlooking the river from the rooms too, which was super cool.

The whole athmosphere was marvellous the staff was very friendly and helpful. Although one negative thing is that they semd you to your rooms to be quiet at 23 00 but the music is sstill going loud in the main room after that so it is harder to fall asleep.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Excellent location and staff. No complaints except the wooden lockers under the bed could be better (more secure).

The stuff was so cool . Location was massive. But the bed was little bit short maybe becoz I'm a too tail. Everything good after all .

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

The dorm I stayed in had a large window (about 1.5 m H × 3.5 m W) that overlooked the river. I felt it was an amazing view and it was wonderful to wake up to the sun rise. However, that large window could be a detriment if one wanted to sleep late or was particularly modest.

Really welcoming staff, clean and cosy room. Well functioning showers. We had a double privare room with shared bath. I recommend warmly! Heating worked well In middle of December. 5/5

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Very cosy and calm hostel. It's just at the side of the river, so we had a view over it from our room. staff is really nice and friendly. I loved the interior design of the common room. I would definitely recommend the hostel to everybody.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Poland

candles in the rooms are nice idea in the winter, just take care if you decide to put them when the room door is locked and nobody inside....

Awesome hostel!