Riverside Hostel Gdansk Reviews

ul. Powroźnicza 18/24 lok.2, Gdansk, Poland

I loved Riverside Hostel Gdansk! It is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. Not only was it affordable, but it was also in a great location. The staff was so friendly and helpful and I loved getting to know them. Immaculately clean rooms and bathrooms. While I haven't stayed at other hostels in Gdansk, I doubt it gets any better than Riverside!

• 17th Jun 2015

One of the best hostels location-wise. You get a view on Motława river and old granaries from the window of your room. Also, the location is extremely great, right in the most touristic part of the Old Town, but you also still get as much peace and quiet as you want. Staff is very helpful - they really do take care of you while you stay there and go the extra mile to make your stay comfortable and adjust to your needs. Only the bed could be a bit less soft than it was.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Poland

excellent staff and location

Awesome Hostel with an realy good view on the river. The staff was very nice, helpful, friendly and very good in speaking english so the communication wasn´t a problem.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Amazing place! It was clean, in a very good location and I loved the views. Staff is helpful and friendly specially Misha. I would totally reccomend this place.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

The staff was extremely helpful with recommending what to do in the area and the best places for night life. They were also very accommodating when we needed a taxi at 3:30am for the airport. They called and the taxi was there within 10 minutes. The location is excellent and everything is in walking distance. The only down side was the noise on the weekend. We were on the river side and it sounded like the band playing across the river until 3am was in our room.

• 22nd May 2015

I liked it. It is good.

• 16th May 2015
  • India

Really wonderful staff and the hostel itself is great. Atmosphere was a bit lacking as there weren't too many people around, but I'm sure with more guests it would be a great place to hang out.

Great hostel with a perfect location! Very clean, nice staffs and good foods for breakfast. However, please provide hand soap in every toilet/bathroom. Other than that, everything is good! :)

Good hostel on a great location, if you want to be near the Old Town. Good: - Staff is very helpful and friendly - Breakfast included - Nice beds Not so good: - Showers need to be used by hand, but that is certainly not a big problem

Great location and nice view from rooms but there is a club on the opposite side of the river and loud music coming from it during the nigh is very disturbing. There is only 1 toilet and 1 shower for the whole floor for both genders!

Great hostel, excellent location and definitely one of the best views ever (directly at the river from bed, way too cool). Staff are pleasant, breakfast is good and they have terrific choice of dvd movies to watch on big screen.

Perfect location in the heart of old town, cosy hostel with friendly staff

Easy to get to and right in the heart of the main attractions. Helpful and friendly staff who are happy to advise you on what to see, where to go and how to get there. I had to leave at 5am. When I mentioned this to make sure there wouldn't be any problems leaving I was asked if I'd like there to be coffee waiting. If I ever return to Gdansk this is where I'll stay.

I cannot recommend this hostel enough, I oriiginallt planned to only stay for 2 nights but ended up staying for 6! Staff are incredibly helpful and appreciative of guests. As the hostel is relatively small, there is a good level of interaction between guests and i met some great people during my stay. The location is absolutely perfect, situated metres off the Main Street and right next to the river. Ive stayed in many hostels around europe and I would honestly say this is my favourite! 10/10

• 5th Apr 2015

Right in the heart of old town, super close to the central train station! The staff are awesome, really nice atmosphere! I don't have a bad word to say about this hostel, will definitely stay here again.

A small but yet exciting hostel within the town centre. This hostel provides keys to lock valuables under the bed, a good breakfast and a clean environment. The bathroom and kitchen are very small but the views in the big dorm are beautiful. It has a relaxed atmosphere and creative features in the hostel making it a pleasant stay.

Warm welcome and rules of the house were explained. Helpful reception with tips and recommendation of nice places. Easy to talk to people in the social area with coaches. Location in the heart of the old town between the river and a quiet street that made everything so easy. However, we would have liked a better mattress in the room with the double bed; it was too thin. It would be more practical to have something on the wall to hook the shower head. A mirror in each room would be a good idea.

• 30th Mar 2015

Big thanks for all the friendly staff!!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Hostel was very cozy, great location close to groceries, bars, resturants and the sights. Highly recommend.

• 30th Mar 2015