Riverside Lodge Berlin Reviews

Hobrechtstr 43/corner Maybachufer, Berlin, Germany

A ! My go to hostel in Berlin, shout out to Rico for always providing the best service and advice for the best time in Berlin. Comfortable, clean, spacious and inviting, not to mention the invaluable advice on where to sight see and where to party. Stay at Riverside Lodge!

• 15th Jul 2014

Enrico was an amazing host!! He's so charismatic and easy to get on with and a lot of fun! He drew out on a map where all of the cool areas and specific places he liked were. If we had any questions about where something specific was (ie good coffee) he would show us. I can't say anything bad about him he was so muh fun and made our stay in Berlin awesome, he knows how to party!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Brilliant hostel in a cool area, lots of bars and cafés, 1 train change into the city centre. The staff and owners are the nicest people I've met, incredibly helpful and generous with their time and knowledge of berlin. Went out of their way to ensure everyone had a great time regardless of holidaying agenda. Even squeezed me in an extra night when other hostels fell through. Beds comfortable facilities always clean. Recommend 200% as THE place to stay in berlin (or Minimal across the street)

What an amazing hostel. I've been all over, and this was my favorite. I spent the weekend hanging out with the people I met there, the u-bahn was a short walk away, and the owner is really awesome. They gave us some great tips, and highlighted areas on a free map. Wifi worked great, but there's also a computer. Would stay there again for sure.

The staff from the Riverside Lodge is nice and helpfull, which creates a great atmosphere. The rooms are clean and the design of the whole hostel is modern and colourfull. The location of the hostel is amazing. It's not located in the most touristic part of Berlin, which is an advantage, but in Kreuzberg. It's a really cool part from Berlin with lots of nice little restaurants and very nice locals. The touristic part (Mitte) is very easy to reach though by subway or even on a bike. Great hostel!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Was welcomed by the owner himself who was very friendly and gave me louds of good recomendations about where to eat and what to see. Very small hostel so it's more like a shared apartment. Located in a very good area with lots of nice restaurants. Clean and very big lockers that you don't have to bring you're own lock to use. All and all, a really good hostel.

Great hostel, the owner must have spend over an hour explaining everything about the city which was great, couldn't really fault the hostel. would definitely return.

This makes for a different kind of stay when doing a trip across Europe, but I felt my friends and I were pleased with the decision. You're off the beaten path to a degree and get to experience more of a local view of Berlin. If you want to head to the touristy areas, you won't have any problem doing that too. Enrico was very helpful, kind, and incredibly informed. The room was clean and safe. We had the private four, which was pretty much your own apartment. Great selection!

We had an absolute ball in Berlin, mainly thanks to our fantastic host at Riverside Lodge. Enrico showed us all the great bars, restaurants and sites in Berlin. The facilities were clean and everything you needed at a hostel. We made some great friends. Close to the subway, easy to find and easy enough to walk or catch public transport to anywhere we needed. Thanks for a very memorable time in Berlin!!

Enrico was an amazing host and really helped us to navigate our stay in Berlin. On Tuesdays there is a great Turkish market on your front step, and the location is perfect. Could not have had a better time here.

• 8th Jun 2014

Such a great hostel with an excellent staff! Enrico is amazing and will make your stay the best. The location is in the best neighborhood and makes it easy to see a more local side of Berlin, yet allows easy travel into tourist areas! Highly recommended!!

My stay at this hostel was awesome. The facilities are clean and safe and the surrounding neighborhood has a unique and fun culture. Enrico gave me information I needed to navigate and visit everything I wanted in the city. He and his friends were so welcoming in taking myself and other travelers out for fun at night. I can't imagine my backpacking trip/ hostel experience could have started better than it did staying here

Just an awesome stay. Enrico has some awesome off the beaten path list of things to do in Berlin. A must see!

Fantastic hostel, owner was brilliant, gave us a stack of information on where to go, eat, drink etc. Great location, close to the trains. One suggestion would be for the lockers in the 6 bed dorm to not be in the bottom beds area, if their curtains are closed it makes it hard/awkward to get any of your belongings out of the locker without disturbing them. All in all a great hostel, highly recommend it to anyone.

This was a really great place to stay in a good area of town with good transport links to the centre and a bohemian feel to the surrounding streets. Enrico was very knowledgeable about the city and suggested things to do alternative to the usual major attractions. I will definitely stay here again.

• 12th May 2014

Great hostel in a great area of Berlin - the local restaurants are affordable, nightclubs and bars are within walking distance, rooms are the most spacious from any hostel I've stayed in, security level was outstanding, and the smaller hostel makes it easy to meet people. Enrico, the owner, goes above and beyond to make sure everyone gets the most out of their time in Berlin. Super cool guy passionate about sharing his city with you. Thanks for the stay, look forward to returning some day.

LOCATION: Safe neighborhood, only a 5 minute walk from a U-Bahn station, which will take you anywhere in Berlin. Plenty of restaurants and cafés in the neighborhood. STAFF: Enrico should be elected mayor of Berlin! He gives an excellent map orientation to Berlin and is very friendly. FACILITIES: Clean place, ample lockers, hot showers, and a privacy screen around the beds that's the best I've seen in a hostel. It's like having a private room! It was a great quiet hostel, which is what I wanted.

Well aside from being the most welcoming, comfortable and spotless hostel I've stayed in, and having the most 'private'-feeling DOUBLE bed in an 8-bed room, it's run by the hippest dude in all of Kreuzberg. Enrico had me stoked on Berlin in the first five minutes of getting there. He's a gifted observer and knows his clients' interests better than they do. This means you get way more than you expected in your short stay and likely not last! Take his suggestions. Just do it. Cheers from Canada!!

Amazing hostel! The owner (Enrico) is a super cool guy! He makes you feel like in your own house. He knows perfectly well the city and guides you through the best tourist places, bars and restaurants, and of course other interesting places that only a native person could ever know. Regarding the noise and the respect i was really surprised because the days i went to bed early, i was not disturbed by the guys that arrived later. I'm sure going to come back! Thanks Enrico and see you soon ;)

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Okay, this is literally the most amazing hostel you will ever stay at in your life. Basically, the owner Enrico (1 of 2 staff members) is literally the coolest guy that has ever existed. Upon arrival, he gave us a map and thoroughly detailed where to go and what to expect. The room was amazing. It felt like we were staying in a shared apartment with friends as this is a tiny hostel so you immediately become part of the family. Thank you Enrico for the best time in Berlin! Cheers from Beirut!! :)