Riverside Lodge Berlin Reviews

Hobrechtstr 43/corner Maybachufer, Berlin, Germany

Stayed at Riverside Lodge for 4 nights and could not have been more pleased. Great location, large lockers and great atmosphere. It's a very small hostel with a very homey feel. We got a chance to meet some really cool people during our stay. Enrico is absolutely wonderful and an amazing host. His recommendations, friendliness and dedication truly added to our terrific Berlin experience. Can't wait to go back to Berlin and stay with Enrico again!!

• 10th Sep 2014

Super clean, great location, extremely spacious and comfortable. Would 100% stay here again! Enrico, the owner and a Berlin native, is more concerned about your experience in Berlin than making a quick buck off his guests. And it shows. Upon check-in, he will show you all of the best local sites, restaurants, bars/clubs, and events, and will even invite his guests out to party/dine together. The place is small and it's so easy to meet the others. The only hostel where I showered w/o flip flops!!

Best hostel ever. Really small, is not a party hostel at all, is quiet in a quiet area really close to the good fun of Kreuzberg. Closeby you have U1, U7 and U8. Really nice location, clean, nice facilities, and Enrico is really friendly and helpful. Highly raccomended.

• 4th Sep 2014

Enrico is friendly and helpful, but he is the staff and he is there only few hours per day, so if you have any difficult you doubt regarding your plans and need help, you have to wait till he arrives - our experience in the neighbourhood was that only few people could speak English... and German are not exactly that helpful people... Localisation is good, and the atmosphere is really friendly.

THIS IS GERMANY HOW YOU CAN EXPECT THAT EVERYONE TALKS IN ENGLISH TO YOU......SORRY BUT THINK ABOUT TRAVELING

The Riverside Lodge is a fantastic place to stay. I highly recommend it. :)

• 31st Aug 2014

Very nice hostel that has capacity for a small number of guests. The manager was particularly helpful giving an orientation on arrival - particularly how to get about on public transport and what was what in the area. In such big city when you are travelling by yourself it was really helpful and appreciated.

Clean, spacious room, friendly staff. Terrific location. Not the most social hostel but for what you're getting is good value.

This was a very comfortable stay! We booked a double room and it turned out it is not part of the actual hostel, instead a room in a normal apartment next door. So it was like staying in someones CLEAN house and really nice. Kitchen and bathroom in use and shared only with some people. I definately recomend this place and it's really close to Schönleinstrasse U-bahn and all Kreuzbergs things...

The owner of this tiny place is so kind, flexible and awesome I almost can't believe it. When we arrived, he showed us all the cool places to visit and I don't mean just the tourist attractions but Real Berlin life. We had our own room and we shared a kitchen toilet with only one other room. The location is very good if you want to enjoy street art, vintage shops and other a bit more underground culture. Overall: awesome place!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Finland

I liked the guy who ran it a lot and the rooms were incredibly large - you basically get a whole room to yourself, albeit curtained rather than walled - but there was such a weird atmosphere. I think maybe, when you're stuck in a dorm with people, you make more of an effort, whereas when you're given your own space you just shy away or something because I actually felt quite lonely here. All very nice, seemed clean, although there were some suspect bugs in the kitchen. Overall - a bit wierd.

Well, this is not a hostel, this is a home! I stayed there a couple of weeks and staying there feels more like living in a big shared flat: it's absolutely cozy, very clean and it's easy to meet people. Enrico is an awesome lad and he will tell you about tall the cool places of the "real" Berlin, not just the typical touristy area. I so much enjoyed living there, and now, being back at my place, thinking of my time at Riverside Lodge, I am dreadfully homesick. I will definitively come back ;)))

People! This is the best hostel ever! The owner Enrico is really friendly and he advices everybody about the hottest, cheapest, interesting things in Berlin. The hostel is small but this is a point of force, rooms large and clean. Few guests per time so you can know well everyone. Atmosphere always comfortable, cool place to meet cool people! recommended

• 4th Aug 2014

Great Hostel! Good location - a few mins from Ubahn and within walking distance to other areas of interest. Owner was very friendly and welcoming, spent lots of time giving great advice about what to do and where to go, every place he recommended that I tried was great! A lovely small cosy hostel - socialble but also quiet at night when you want to sleep. Really spacious dorm with curtains around beds for privacy. Great - I would definitely stay here again!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in, the owner is amazing and the facilities are great. Can't wait to go back!

Don't ever ever hesitate to book this hostel. Super cool place. Location is really perfect. beautiful outside and safe streets. Most of all, super clean and cozy. (You must be surprised!) Host is always kind and nice with real heart. He gonna show real berlin. I met lots of great tourists and made the best days. I already went to other famous hostel in berlin but this place is the best.

Really nice and small hostel, close to a lot of cafes and restaurants. You can easily reach the center by subway. Enrico the owner makes sure to tell you about everything that you can see in berlin and if you would like, he goes out with the travellers to some nice places at night! Great place if you want to meet some people! Would definitly go back there if going back to berlin :)

We loved our stay so much! It was by far our favorite hostel of the trip, and it definitely added a lot of value to our time in Berlin. Enrico was such a wonderful host, and we are extremely appreciative of him letting us extend our stay (twice) and even bumping us into a private double room on the last night. Thanks again! :)

This is an awesome hostel! The staff were amazing and tons of reccomendations for all the interesting spots to go and great food places. They were so friendly and instantly made you feel welcome! The room was very large and huge lockers! I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

Enrico is so helpful, he sits down with you and a map and tells you all the good places to visit. The hostel is also clean and friendly because it is so small. What more could you want?

• 19th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Enrico is as great as the other reviewers say. He took the time to go over a map with us and gave us a heap of information about what to see, where to eat etc etc We stayed in the twin room in the main part of the hostel. There was a mix-up when we arrived and the keys were not in the external lock box but some other travelers happened to be entering and let us in and I then found the keys in the inside key box.

« first « Prev 1 2 3