Riverside Palace Hostel Reviews

No. 14 Tho Xuong Lane, Au Trieu Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

We stayed at Riverside Palace Hostel for 2 nights, and we can really recommed this place. Most of all, the Hostel helped us with everything, and was really kind og sweet. It's placed in the Old Quarter, close to everything. When we'll be going back to Hanoi, we would go back to this place!

The guy at the front desk, Peter, speaks good English and is helpful. A hearty breakfast is included in the price.

This hotel was good value. I could not fault anything about this hotel. Breakfast was good - all in all I was amazed at the quality for the price.

Very friendly and nice staff who do the extra way to make you happy. helping you with anything for good prices. Breakfast was awesome with many options and complimentary fruits,just great for the price. when i arrived they where fully booked and they have 3 hotels in the same street,so they gave me an upgrade and i stay in a huge room with 2 double beds,very clean and the towels smells like flowers, waterfall shower and the best beds in vietnam.

One cockroach in the sofa in the lobby, another on the dining table of the canteen downstairs. The air-conditioning dripps water directly on the pillow. Hotel staff speaks good English, eager to communicate with clients, for this they should get a plus, but they offer train ticket purchase and explained the difficulty for me to get it, which does't exist. So I put average for staff. The add-on services are in general overpriced, but it is common in Hanoi, so I did not factor that into rating.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • China

The staff at this hotel was amazing. They were so accommodating, helpful and friendly. Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable. I can highly recommend this hotel for any traveler.

Lovely, comfortable hotel. Really friendly staff. I had to leave for the airport at 6am so they prepared some bread and jam for me to take with me. I would definitely stay here again!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and even gave us an extra breakfast the morning we arrived even though we weren't entitled to it . I booking halong + sapa +train to hue very good trips.

great hotel with great staff

• 1st Apr 2014

All the staff are very friendly and helpful .A word of thanks to Peter for been more helpful and informative. Definitely will recommend this place to my friends going to Hanoi.

Nice and good located little hotel with awesome staff. My room was a bit small, enough for me though. Would go there again

Experienced many issues in this hostel. The only saving grace was the staff member Jenny. Negatives: emailed days before to notify of early arrival via train, we arrived

Nothing terrible nothing above and beyond. We were upgraded the first night. Note this hotel has 3 names... Riverside Palace, Star Jupiter and Church side hotel. Its a smaller street, but easy enough to find if you have the address or map and ask the locals. When dropped off from Vietnam Airlines shuttle, walk straight and then at the end of that street turn left. Its very near the cathedral which is a great landmark, HOWEVER... Take note that the cathedral rings its bells at 5am! (Loud!)

I recommend to stay at this hotel specially for the reception girl that works here, Jenny, really nice and helpfull. The location is great, and the tours that I booked here as well.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

The staff are very helpful and friendly. I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of my holiday, and 2 weeks later I arrived back in hanoi and needed a place to keep my bags safe for some hours before my flight. The staff kindly took care of them even though I hadn't stayed there recently (thanks Jenny!) and even offered me a shower before the flight if I needed it. Only downside was I saw a mouse in the restaurant! But I think this is more a hanoi problem than a hotel problem.

The staff and hotel were amazing, friendly and very helpful! Full breakfast menu too with really good food. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and/or recommend to others.

Our stay at Riverside palace Hostel was a great experience. We spend 2 days .The staff were so sweet, helpful and with a great sense of humor .Our room was little small ,but its was comfortable and very clean .The breakfast is plentiful, simple and fresh.

• 8th Feb 2014

Also goes by the name Splendid Jupiter so dont worry its the same place. Staff are extremely helpful and sociable. More a mini hotel so not the place to meet people if travelling alone. Breakfast is cooked to order off either a western or vietnamese style menu. wifi through out, hot showers and some rooms come with their own dvd player and computer. Located within walking distance of the airport shuttle, night markets and the lake. You can shower between trips if you need to too which is great

Everything you hear about this hotel is true...and more so! We can't say enough about the warm and professional service we received at the hotel. Staff was wonderful and friendly throughout our stay, they seem to really enjoy working there and with each other. Booked our Halong Bay tour through the hotel's recommendation and it was excellent as well. They do great breakfasts and one of the best Pho' we have had an Vietnam.

• 7th Feb 2014

From the minute I arrived at the hotel, until the moment we left, they made me really feel at home. The staff were so friendly, so attentive, and so welcoming that we were sad to leave! The rooms are very comfortable, with all that you would expect and more: fresh fruit, rose petals on the bed etc. Every morning we has a delicious, made to order breakfast with wonderful service. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel . It exceeded all of my expectations!

• 5th Feb 2014