Riverside Palace Hostel Reviews

No. 14 Tho Xuong Lane, Au Trieu Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Lovely, comfortable hotel. Really friendly staff. I had to leave for the airport at 6am so they prepared some bread and jam for me to take with me. I would definitely stay here again!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and even gave us an extra breakfast the morning we arrived even though we weren't entitled to it . I booking halong + sapa +train to hue very good trips.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful .A word of thanks to Peter for been more helpful and informative. Definitely will recommend this place to my friends going to Hanoi.

Nice and good located little hotel with awesome staff. My room was a bit small, enough for me though. Would go there again

Experienced many issues in this hostel. The only saving grace was the staff member Jenny. Negatives: emailed days before to notify of early arrival via train, we arrived

Nothing terrible nothing above and beyond. We were upgraded the first night. Note this hotel has 3 names... Riverside Palace, Star Jupiter and Church side hotel. Its a smaller street, but easy enough to find if you have the address or map and ask the locals. When dropped off from Vietnam Airlines shuttle, walk straight and then at the end of that street turn left. Its very near the cathedral which is a great landmark, HOWEVER... Take note that the cathedral rings its bells at 5am! (Loud!)

I recommend to stay at this hotel specially for the reception girl that works here, Jenny, really nice and helpfull. The location is great, and the tours that I booked here as well.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

The staff are very helpful and friendly. I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of my holiday, and 2 weeks later I arrived back in hanoi and needed a place to keep my bags safe for some hours before my flight. The staff kindly took care of them even though I hadn't stayed there recently (thanks Jenny!) and even offered me a shower before the flight if I needed it. Only downside was I saw a mouse in the restaurant! But I think this is more a hanoi problem than a hotel problem.

The staff and hotel were amazing, friendly and very helpful! Full breakfast menu too with really good food. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and/or recommend to others.

Our stay at Riverside palace Hostel was a great experience. We spend 2 days .The staff were so sweet, helpful and with a great sense of humor .Our room was little small ,but its was comfortable and very clean .The breakfast is plentiful, simple and fresh.

• 8th Feb 2014

Also goes by the name Splendid Jupiter so dont worry its the same place. Staff are extremely helpful and sociable. More a mini hotel so not the place to meet people if travelling alone. Breakfast is cooked to order off either a western or vietnamese style menu. wifi through out, hot showers and some rooms come with their own dvd player and computer. Located within walking distance of the airport shuttle, night markets and the lake. You can shower between trips if you need to too which is great

Everything you hear about this hotel is true...and more so! We can't say enough about the warm and professional service we received at the hotel. Staff was wonderful and friendly throughout our stay, they seem to really enjoy working there and with each other. Booked our Halong Bay tour through the hotel's recommendation and it was excellent as well. They do great breakfasts and one of the best Pho' we have had an Vietnam.

• 7th Feb 2014

From the minute I arrived at the hotel, until the moment we left, they made me really feel at home. The staff were so friendly, so attentive, and so welcoming that we were sad to leave! The rooms are very comfortable, with all that you would expect and more: fresh fruit, rose petals on the bed etc. Every morning we has a delicious, made to order breakfast with wonderful service. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel . It exceeded all of my expectations!

• 5th Feb 2014

This hostel was great. They arranged tours for us and they were great. The only suggestion I would say is that to provide the itinery of the tour as we were unsure of which hotel to be transferred to or which boat to get on and at times this caused confusion. Big thanks to Ha, he was amazing!

The staff wnt out of their way to welcome us and provided us with all the help we needed. The breakfast was lovely and the rooms, clean and comfotable.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

The staff was great and my room was clean. Free breakfast was a big plus!! Didn't want maids in my room cleaning, but caught them. That may have been my fault for not clarifying after my additional night stay. There is also a small safe in the room for valuables.

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in Hanoi just last week.Everyone working here is very friendly and professional. Although rooms were small but very nice and comfortable.Perfectly located in the old quarter. The upgrade on our last night after returning from Halong Bay cold and very tired was a bonus! Thanks for the memories!

• 10th Jan 2014