Rivertime Ecolodge Resort Reviews

Thadokkham Village, Vientiane, Laos

Barnaby, the owner was awesome. Easy to talk to and very helpful. The staff were also fantastic. Tom and One were great company and made sure we had everything we needed. The bugs were not as bad as I thought they would be given how close to the river it is, but bring bug spray just in case. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely come back. It felt like home and paradise at the same time. Very mellow and relaxing.

Rivertime EcoLodge is amazing! The lodge is located just outside the city and gives you a taste of the Lao jungles with all modern comforts like hot showers and toilets. The staff is so friendly and welcoming; they treat you more like you are family! You can book many things through the resort like village visits, cooking classes and massages. It is a good point to mention that once you are at the resort, you are unable to travel anywhere independently (must be taken by staff) due to location.

Very nice staff and a good place to relax. But very expensive for laos and the tour to the village was not interesting for 5 $ each.

Lovely place to stay if your looking for some relaxation out of vientianne. Wonderful family who runs it. Beautiful floating restaurant and plenty of activities- floating down meekong, kayaking etc. rooms were lovely and clean and loved the wilderness feel however the downside is my partner and I were both attacked by bed bugs overnight :( (up to 10 bites each) only disappointment to a great place otherwise.

Great place to chill out and good kitchen with very friendly and helpful staff. Especially barnaby and sit do everything that you feel home and relaxed. Great job guys. Would def recommend this place if you like to rest somedays on a riverbank.

Staff were absolutely lovely and helpful, even came to our rescue when there was various types of wildlife in our room. Slightly expensive for the simple room compared to what you pay elsewhere, although still cheap. Had a great time there! They will take you on a tour of the local village, get to see rural vietnam which is great. Thanks!

I loved my stay here. The place is dirt cheap, and great atmosphere. After being in Bangkok & Vientiane it was awesome to get away from the hustle and bustle, with a few beers at the floating restaurant, as well as a swim in the river and a Lao massage. I had a great night with Barnaby, Barbara & Simon at the floating restaurant, and really enjoyed by village tour with Sit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I wish I had more time to stay much longer.

My stay at riverside couldn't have been more relaxing! Barnaby and sit were extremely, friendly, welcoming and helpfull. I felt very comfy and at home here. If you wanna take a break from the tourist trail, this is the place to come. Food is delicious, lodges are comfy and cozy, it's a place were u can happily do nothing and just chill by the river or there are plenty of activities to do also. I booked myself 3 days here bout ended up staying for 8!

This was a great destination, and we had a lot of fun staying there. Staff were both friendly and extremely helpful. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing retreat in a beautiful setting, this is the place.

We arrived to no electricity and were a bit concerned but it was up again that night. Sit, the guest manager is awesome! We loved our stay at river time! If you're looking to be out of the city this place is it! The location on the river, the staff, food and local village make it an unforgettable experience. Sit and the rest of the staff made us feel welcomed and even invited us along to a local celebration in the village. This was definitely a huge highlight of our time in Laos! Hope to be back

We had a great time there and would highly recommend the place to others. The staff were fantastic and we had a ball with them. The lodge is very relaxing and the food was amazing. We did and had seen all kinds of.wildlife especially in our room, but it was all part of the experience of an ecology.

If you are on an adventure or just want to veg out for a while this is the place. You definately have to focus more on "Eco" and less on "resort". This is the place to let it all driffed by you and let the lovely staff take care of you.

• 6th Nov 2012
  • Female

this place has a fantastic location with fun, friendly, helpful staff, but the facilities are a bit lacking. many times, the shower would stop in the middle of a shower or not even start at all when needed. the toilet barely flushed and eventually backed up one day. the food was great, as were Sit's adventures into the local area. If you want rural Laos, this place is great, but be prepared for bugs and some dirt. swimming in the river was great, though. also, it's a bit expensive comparatively

I had a great time here, even stayed an extra 2 days:) I have been travelling for 6 months and it was just the ticket! Relaxing, beautiful scenery and quiet. It's right by the river so tubing, kayaking and the like are just on your door step. I decided to take it easy and had a Laos cooking lesson, rode the bike (free hire) to scope out the little local market in the village down the road and chilled in the hammock:) Beware: it is in the forest so be prepared for big insects!

It was a lovely location with plenty to do: tubing, visiting villages, going to the rice fields, etc. You could only get wifi in the office but the owner was nice enough to bring a router down to the restaurant at the river. You can spend all day at the river it was so nice. The food was good. I especially liked that the owner was eco-friendly. He recycles everything and does not ruin the natural vegetation.The only bad thing was that the place needs some repairing and the beds are hard.

we enjoyed everyday and hated leaving ;-). the food is excellent and the charming floating restaurant invites everyone to spend some hours with food and drinks ;-). the bungalow are confortably cool due to their location in the forest. the whole project is impressiv and barnaby a perfect host! many thanks, philipp and marie (england, switzerland)

a fantastic place with barnaby and staff who read your wishes from your lips! helpful and relaxed. the cosy bungalows and the excellent floating restaurant on the river are not to be missed! thanks again, paddy and lolo (switzerland)

You have to stay here, the location is tremendous, the service top quality, the river and environment serene and great work is done to utilise the community and give something back. I found time to switch off, get to Vientiane (it is a little far, but its not worth much time anyway, get into real Laos!) and see local villages on an adventure led by the guys at Rivertime. Thanks Barnaby, Sit, Det et al.

It's just an amazing place, with amazing staff! Asap I'll go back to Laos just there. I even changed my returned ticket when I was there to stay longer!

• 24th Jan 2012
  • pedroleouf199

I stayed here for 4 days which in my opinion was too much as there isn't really anything to do and you are quite far out from Vientiene. On the good side there are some restaurants around the resort and it looks beautiful. It is situated next to a river in a forest. There are quite a few insects due to the location. I stayed in a room without an en suite and there were holes in the floor but this was a simple wooden lodge so it wasn't too bad. Me and my friend got very bad food poisoning from the food in

« first « Prev 1 2 3