Rixpack Hostel Reviews

Karl-Marx-Str. 75, Berlin, Germany

This property sucked. I only stayed here because of it's location but for €30 it was poor. No sheets on my bed when i got there and i wasn't given any . I had to nap on the uncovered mattress until i went back for sheets. There was no toilet roll in the main toilets and I had to wait for this to be replaced too . In the end i was so bursting i had to go with no toilet roll. No curtains on my windows meant I woke up at like 6:30 AM Too. This place was falling apart.

The staff seems to hate their job. They are passive aggressive, not service minded and very rude. There was this girl there with black hair about 180 cm tall and if the word bitterness had a face it would be hers. Then there were this skinny guy with long curly hair and he had no idea what he was doing. It took forever to check in and I heard from a roommate that he occasionally stole things so I didn't leave my stuff in the reception (which he advised me to do). Don't visit this Hostel.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

It was average the bathroom on the first floor only had 1 sink working and the window in my room was broken so you could hear people playing music and yelling until ridiculous hours but it's really close to the underground so ts convenient enough.

It's not a pleasant atmosphere and very uncared-for. Though the staff is cool and they work all day, parts of the building are out of service and abandoned. The rooms are correct but furniture unclean and some bathrooms doesn't work or haven't enough accommodations. Plus, people there were extremely careless for any common place like kitchen or outside space. The only good thing is the location.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

I think that the place could be cleaner and many lockers for leave the bagage were broken. The shower was really poor as well. The price was ok and the location was good, easy to go to any place. And something that I miss as well was a place just to sit and use the computer, because the only place was the kitchen.

Location is GREAT. Really, it made my stay in Berlin so easy and wonderful. Its right in front of U7super convenient! & there a lot of bookstores/coffee shops w.n walking distance as well. This hostel is disgusting. 1 bed I stayed in, there was a larger dirty toenail waiting for me. as you enter the outside area, you are greeted w. a smell.I woke up to my stuff being gone through by a STRANGER Apparently he snuck n & my room has a 'lock broken' sign outside i wonder why he chose us! Beaware

far from centre. friendly staff. problems with lock and bagage storage. security low.

Unfortunately we have booked the hostel for a night without taking a look at the comments. Bathrooms, Kitchen and the yard were filthy. Almost nowhere that doesn't stink. You have to take care of everything about the sheets and stuff. Better you bring your own locker, it is not safe at all. Half of the sinks are broken and probably the dirtiest shower that i had to use. We though we sleep at a park instead of going to bed through rats! Not joking there were literally RATS! BETTER SLEEP IN A PARK

• 22nd Jun 2015