Robinson Sunset House Reviews

Lagadin BB, Ohrid, Macedonia

One of my all time favorite hostels to date, and I've had my fair share. The owners are a kind and caring family, the beautiful garden that is kept up is a job in itself, great views, relaxing atmosphere and absolute BONUS was that there was a puppy and cat on the grounds to love on!!! Felt like I was staying at a cabin on the lake, the bunk beds made of wood, and had some really nice and cool roommates also. 100% RECOMMENDED, away from the town and crowds of high season, a perfect lake getaway.

This was by far the most expensive accommodation we had in Macedonia. It is located at the southern end of the village called Lagadin which is a 15 minute drive from Ohrid. Although there are a lot of accommodation options in the village it did not appear to offer anything much in the way of restaurants which unless you have a car, it makes it difficult to get breakfast & dinner. The owners are very friendly & offer tea & coffee. We couldn't get an internet connection in our room.

obviously the location is a bit pants if you want to be in town but once you get that out of your system the view to the albanian mountains is pretty cool. You're staying with a family, its a bit like a farm retreat. a thoroughly pleasant lakeside one, they are such good company, most splendid hosts. The directions are a little wrong, get off bus walk 100m and turn left (to avoid ending up in the lake), there is a drive between the houses, walk to the end and up the wee track.

Robinson family hostel is literary Heaven on Earth. After coming to Robinson, we didn't want to go to Ohrid for sightseeing tour, just to relax, watch on the lake, drink wine under the stars. Mike and Andon are perfect hosts.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Great place and atmosphere. We enjoyed it a lot. Definitely will come back if we have the chance.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Romania

Perfect atmosphere,un a exceptional views, great attention from the staff. A magical place that I would love to visid again.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Bulgaria

My stay at the Robinson Sunset house was awesome! The guys who worked there were a lot of fun and even took their time, to show me around during the day! Luv and respect! :)

• 20th Feb 2014