Rocinha Hostel Reviews

Estrada da Gavea, 520d, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I thought this hostel was very hard to find. I don't believe the directions they list are very helpful. Other than that, really good hostel. Very good breakfast, which was free. Lots of facilities such as kitchen, tv, lockers etc Would visit again...now that I know where it PLEASE bear in mind the reception closes at 10pm. No admittance after that time

Having never had been to a favela before, when I arrived at Rocinha Hostel I felt unsure of my decision to book 5 nights there. After a couple nights, any doubts I had about safety or attentiveness of the staff were gone. Because of the constant commotion in the streets of Rocinha, I never felt like I was in danger of being robbed or attacked. There are plenty of restaurants nearby with good and cheap food and I found the people in general very friendly. I'm very glad I decided to stay here.

• 27th Dec 2014