Rock Hostel Km0 Reviews

Rivadavia 1587, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really fun hostel great staff. Great atmosphere. Right next to congress building and close to cool sights. Good wifi. We extended our stay by over a week. Really enjoyed our time here!

A nice place if you have to stay for only one or two nights. Very (very!) simple, my room didn't even had a closet; it was only the bed, a little rack and a fan. The bathrooms were also ok, average. It's located right next to the National Congress and lots of subway stations - be careful at night, not a friendly neighbourhood. Great staff, helped us a lot. It seems like a party hostel. Don't expect much from the breakfast. Check-in only after 13hrs. We paid a reasonable price, so, worth it.

Lovely helpful staff but hostel needs soundproofing, curtains that work and its seems that most of the people staying there actually work there. Location is good

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Located in the center of things,lovely breakfast, very friendly staff, nice Rock theme. Overall a great and rather cheap hostel.

A good hostel for the price. Location is just perfect but atmosphere is wird (for geek only) and personal not really thoughful. We had an issue with our passeport but had no compassion.

This is a party hostel. We did not know that when we booked our stay here. When we came in the evening the girl in the reception was drinking shots with the guests. Next day we came home at 3:30 pm and the staff was playing beer-pong in the living room drunk. The small living room contains three chairs, three tables (if not used for beer-pong), a bar and a tv with couches. And the wifi does not work in the dorms. The kitchen is tiny and the staff are using it so do not count on cooking.

Great hostel hard to fault had heaps of fun and staff are super friendly

For anyone planning to stay in one place for an extended time, work and potentially study Spanish, I highly recommend BA and this hostel. Even as a short termer I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Great, relaxed and friendly vibe. Strong wifi. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Standard and decent breakfast that ran til late. Helpful and friendly (albeit mostly inexperienced) staff who were willing to search for answers they didn't know; Habib is wonderful, knows all the answers and holds the place together.

Good vibe,close to shops metro, parking supermarket and other amenities. Lots of stairs.

Breakfast: tea, coffee, 3 types of spread, butter, bread(fresh) Wifi: excellent, no drops in signal Security: lockers and 24/7 front desk Staff: Helpful, attentive, friendly Location: close to many great neighborhoods, has markets and almost everything you need jist around the corner/blocks Bathroom: (controllable!) Hot and cold showers with great water pressure, clean Atmosphere:Amazing Bed:comfy, clean, no ac/dc but equipped with industrial sized bed

Excellent location. Very helpful and friendly staff! We arrived very early and staff still allowed us to have breakfast! Often had some entertainment in the evenings of music playing etc. Bar cheap too considering its in the hostel! Only comment would be the showers they aren't very private as you can see each other as the wall doesn't reach high enough.

The good: perfect location, walking distance of main attractions, subway and restaurants. Wonderful terrace and free bottled cold water. Nice breakfast, with great bread (very rare in Buenos Aires). The bad: bad bathrooms, room looks like a cell (just a bed, a fan and a small table), EXTREMELY noisy from other guest partying until 5am. Had to turn on the fan just to counter the party noise with a more regular noise so I could sleep. Wouldn't stay there another night just because it's too noisy.

Great value for money and great atmosphere! The only thing is the bunk beds are sooo wobbly so didn't get great night sleep. Definitely a better option than Milhouse though! Good well equipped kitchen- staff have great info on the town and owner gets the party going in the bar!

The first appearance that I got entering the hostel was good, or at least decent, as I was not expecting a luxury resort for such a low price. However, I couldn't sleep because of the incredible amount of noise coming from the common area. I don't have nothing against people drinking and having fun but that was way over the line. Then my opinion of the hostel got worse in the morning, when for "breakfast" I've only found a couple of pieces of bread of the last month with some jam.

I am sorry you had this bad experience with the noise, it must have been the only night you stayed with us (that it was saturday), as we don´t party every night in the hostel. And about the breakfast, we buy bread every day in the bakery, and serv it with butter, jam and dulce de leche, tea, coffe and milk.

Great location, most of the staff is nice and helpful (all speak English!). The showers are like in dorms in college which I didn't like. There were some rooms who were too small (6) but the ones for 8 were very spacious. Breakfast includes baggets, jam, dulce de leche and coffee and tea, not much but ok. They have a bar that brings the hostel together at night which is nice

The room I got had no AC and all the power plugs weren't working. The streets are a dark at night, which makes it less safe to walk around after 10 pm.

Definitely a great place to stay! Perfect location in the middle of the city and wonderful staff always ready to help you and give you hints on how to spend your time in Buenos Aires. It felt like staying at some friend's house. In the end I extended my stay for a total of 5 days and I also went back on my way back to Europe.

The location, security and atmosphere are great. The hostel is very clean, except dorms are cleaned less regularly than expected. The staff are very helpful and overall the hostel is very good value for money.

Great hostel, friendly staff, good location, great atmosphere so absolutely recommendable!

Good location. But the rooms are quite old and we only had one plug in our room.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels