Rock Hostel Km0 Reviews

Rivadavia 1587, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Average and below. Substandard showers, and a homeless person being let onto an empty bed were 'highlights', too many inexperienced staff on work for accommodation who can't really help you with anything, and generally not inspiring. Location is great, however

probably the best hostel in the world!!! grat staff!! great atmosphere!! a lot of interesting travelers!!! I spend a great time!! the place is really good for every backpackers! you will feel like your home!! i definitely recomand it!!!!!!

• 30th Jan 2016

A fairly decent hostel located centrally within Buenos Aires. A large place but the rooms seem small and the facilities are fairly old. However, staff are friendly and helpful and has a good atmosphere at nights.

I loved the novelty of the hostel, it is such a good idea having band for each room, I can't believe I haven't seen a hostel like this before. The staff were really nice, helpful and welcoming plus they arranged nights out for the guests to enjoy. The location of the hostel is fantastic, right near the plaza del mayo and outside the Congresso building.

Hostel with a nice vibe. Really friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was simple but good (dulce de leche with bread and coffee). Great location in the center. Facilities could be better. But I definitely recommend this place!

The hostel has a good vibe and is definitely worth the price. The breakfast is simple but it does the job. A good effort is made to keep the bathrooms and rooms clean. The only real problem is that the kitchen is really small so you can be waiting a while to use it.

The location is perfect; many touristic and practical things are within walking distance. Great staff, big common room with a porch overlooking one of the central squares. There's some activity or other in the common room every night, so it's very easy to meet other travelers, and the rooms are far away enough that I was able to sleep when I wanted an early night. I can recommend this hostel without reservations.

Only stayed one night because I was in transit to Uruguay. Friendly and helpful staff. Room a bit noisy because the dorm I was in was by the main road and it was too hot if you close the windows to keep the noise out. Can't comment on breakfast because we had to leave before it was ready. Oh and bonus was power plugs up high for the top bunkers!

This was just the best hostel I've ever been to! The staff was so much fun. We were all like a big family I just loved it. Wanted to do couch surfing to safe money but I did not want to leave this place. Upstairs there is actually a studio where bands come to record, one night a band came down to the balcony to smoke, then they just started to play for us. It was amazing! Best shower I've ever had in Latinamerika !!!!!

Our room had a hole in the roof and was leaking (loudly). Kitchen was tiny and messy. Men's showers were upstairs and only 1 (of the 4) had a not-awful shower head. Social aspect is basically zero and (most of) the staff were very displeased with having to do anything for you (like serve you a drink or open the luggage room). Electricity goes out frequently. With more characters I could go on and on. Worst hostel experience yet. Just avoid. Plenty of better places in the price range.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Good central location and helpful staff. Hostel is very run down and needs lots of work put into it. Facilities aren't good either, kitchen is very small, and shower and toilet facilities are very poor. Room without air con is impossible to sleep in due to heat.

were nice people in the hostel felt like home the terrace was awsome and i felt in love with the gils that works in the hostel from misiones

Good position in the center of the city but the night you need to pay attention because is not so safe place Good balance between price and quality Was not so clean

You should go there! VERY friendly and helpful staff how speaks english!!! Which is very rare in Buenos, great breakfast (I don't understand the comments that said otherwise) and great atmosphere. Facilities are not the best but I believe it's that way in all south America. Great value for your money.

Awesome hostel!! Great atmosphere ,great people ,great stuff ,great location! Reccomended!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Israel

Thanks my friend!!! It was also nice to share this days with you. Hope you come back some day!

Geili Sieche! Really great hostel, lots of cool people. Didnt have to organise anything just enjoyed the hostel and ended up seeing lots of nice places.

I stayed at the Rock Hostel for one night in a 4 person room. The room was pretty small and basic! The receptionist (a young (french) woman?) wasn't a real help with any of my questions especially when I asked for the bus to the airport which was going right in front of the hostel - she didn't know about it and recommended me to take a taxi to the airport!! In general, good for the cheap price per night!

We are sorry for your experience. Sometimes receptionist are new and don´t know everything. About the room, thats the reason why it is so cheap (USD 7)

Everyone was very helpful, and helped us out with sorting out the rest of our trip. We felt totally safe leaving our things in the room while we were out and the facilities were great value-for-money :)

• 10th Dec 2015
  • Israel

Thanks guys!!! We enojoyed your company :) Hope we see us again!

The staff is friendly and tell me anything I ask about! Good location. But it might be a bit noisy at night.

Thank you!!! We are always glad to help. Enjoy your trip!

Well, this is one of my favorite hostel in South America, on the top 3. It's got that extra that is hard to explain. It's a combination between nice vibe, good facilities and fantastic staff. And that extra. The staff are really nice and help you with everything. We got one night with live music in the common room with 4 different people perfoming and it ended with open mic. Memorable, oh yeah. The bar is good and they accually play good music. You can really feel the hostels passion for music.

Thanks so much for your review! It was also very nice to share this with you. The guest are a huge part of the vibe of the hostel. Thanks and hope to see you soon!!!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels