Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great atmosphere if all you want to do is party. Club/bowling lanes underneath the hostel are so loud it's impossible to sleep until at least 3am on fri/sat night. Great big kitchen and lounge area however most rooms are off these busy areas.

Cheap hostel. But for the price re hostel was relatively good. The only two things that annoyed me were the bed bugs that bit me and the amount of Spanish people and the lack if travellers. But the last bit is not the hostels fault :)

There is a late bar downstairs that is so loud I didn't sleep the whole night. The place is ok, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is really cool, if you're after a party place or like to stay up all night this place is wicked, if your after a place to sleep I would suggest going elsewhere as its impossible to sleep until about 4am.

Definitely a good place to stay! The people are so friendly and the staff is super nice!

I originally booked for 2 nights but changed it to one when I saw they had a dance club under the hostel and expected people staying in the hostel to accept the incredible noise. The night I stayed it finished at 1am it was horrible. All the people in the room were trying to sleep with no success. On Friday and Saturday the music goes to 3am. If you are a traveller sightseeing stay somewhere else. You will not sleep!!!

Can bowl for free on monday nights but only if there is 6 of you. Cheap pizza downstairs which is nice. Loads of showers which was very welcome but they did need to be cleaned more frequently.

It was the first time I have visited Bristol and I can say that the location of the hostel is very good. Unfortunately during my stay there was an old building (in front of the hostel) that was being destroyed during the night and the noise kept me awake until too late. As a conclusion very good experiencie. Highly recommended.

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff!!!

I was a bit worried that my room had no lockers or cages to store valuables (209).

• 3rd Nov 2014

Hostel is in a good location. The only really great thing about it was the bowling alley in the bar. Asides from that the 8 bed dorm was a cramped, tiny cupboard, the showers in the shared bathrooms were inadequate

They had an ironing board and a hair dryer, which is a rare plus for hostels like this. However, common rooms were intolerably loud, there was no room in the fridges for my food, and the staff was crazy rude. I was chilling on a couch after checkout waiting for the time my bus would arrive since it was pouring out, and I was asked how long exactly Id be sticking around. Seriously? Ugh.

Very noisy with construction next door and the bowling alley and bar serving late into the night downstairs. Great location close to everything.

Loved the big kitchen and the different spaces to hang out in. But the wifi was absolutely horrible and the bathrooms weren't as clean as I would have liked. The rooms were a little small for the amount of beds as well. Cool place in a good location, but not the best hostel I've ever been in.

perfect place for party men

Staff are very informative, bedding is clean and comfortable. Facilities are great, chill out area, kitchen with everything you need! Security is good as you need key card to get between levels. Although my locker in room was broken and couldn't lock it. You need to take your own lock. In good location near to town. Little expensive for dorm rooms but all hostels in Bristol charge the same so I would rate this one worth the money.

Nice stay, clean and friendly. Breakfast is very basic.

very well located, big kitchen and common areas. Showes were private which I really liked. Plugs in next to each bed, wifi in rooms, just very noisy at nights. Missing secure luggage storege at rooms.

I stayed on night on the Rock n'' Bowl and quiet enjoyed my stay. They have a massive kitchen and a good system to keep it clean and tidy.

Great location, friendly staff, pretty good hostel, would go back.

Good staff and good deals such as free bowling some nights which is a great way to meet new people. Dorms were clean and the rooms weren't too over crowded for the size they were

« first « Prev 1 2 3