Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. My only grievances are Wifi wasn't great and the dorm room and showers stank!

Perfect location, close to city center and coach station. Clean, dorms are ok. A bit noisy during the night. No breakfast included but free coffee/tea/marmalade in the morning and there is a huge kitchen. Toilets and showers are a bit broken. Staff ok but a bit disorganized.

The hostel was fairly easy to find. The room I was in smelt and had a mini tornado of bugs floating around the middle when I get there. The laundry was also out of action. Wifi was fairly strong in the room and showers were fairly good though some of the push button showers weren't very sensitive. You basically had to hold it down.

This was my first time staying in a hostel, ever. So, I have little to compare it with outside of my imagination and other reviews and anecdotes that I have read. That said, I was very impressed. I definitely got my 15 pounds worth. Friendly staff, good accommodations, clean toilets, comfortable and clean bed. What more could one ask for? Didn't use the kitchen at all, so I can't comment. Loved the plethora of places to plug in devices. Wifi was a bit dodgy; that's my only criticism.

• 21st Jul 2015

Can get a bit noisy due to location, but has friendly and lively staff, and is definitely good value for money.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

Great place!

I would go back just for the staff... Really friendly, much more helpful than at the YHA in Bristol where I did not feel like a valued customer. Thank you Rock n Bowl! True spirit of Bristol:)

• 13th Jul 2015

The staff is nice and the location great - but the hostel itself really needs TLC. My room was extremely basic and everything looked and felt really old, including the mattresses! The showers were filthy and there was absolutely no atmosphere - I was so shocked to find out that was fully booked cause it felt sad and empty! It's an okay compromise if you stay for just a night like I did, because of location/price, but I was glad I wasn't going to stay longer! It's a shame cause it has potential.

Great location, hostel was clean and looked nice. Annoying to have to go upstairs to shower. Also notice of fines everywhere not very welcoming.

I loved the atmosphere and the common room and kitchen. It was a really friendly place to stay and the internet worked well. I have a bad back and the bed sagged in the middle in the night so my back hurt in the morning, but I doubt it would be a problem for most people. Everything else about the place was great and this is the only thing that would make me hesitate before staying there again.

10 min walk from coach station. Bar, restaurant, bowling alley and hostel. Rooms are comfortable, beds definitely are, wifi is spotty in rooms and in common areas, chill out rooms are nice. Staff were pretty nice, renovations happening at the time which really disrupted check-ins. Shared unisex bathroom and toilets on each floor. Showers were weak.

Possibly one of the best expériences in youth hostel I've ever had : Rock'n bowl is funky AND well located AND provides amazing facilities like a big living room to chill out and meet people from all around the world. A true 'world-wild' experience at the heart of Bristol

Considering the hostel doesn't lead you to the right place on googlemaps and sat-nav it was really annoying that the phone number for the hostel leads to music without any explanation or prompt, it may have been on hold but for all I knew it was the hostel's idea of a joke. The place was not really clean and looked like they were rebuilding about the guests. It was also very loud very late into the night. This isn't just the bowling alley noise but also music being played in communal areas.

• 30th Jun 2015

Great place to stay and very spacious inside with lots of areas to hang out. Will definitely stay here again.

The place is very central, not far away from the coach station and walking distance to the shopping complexes. It was a pleasant stay. For those who do not fall sleep easily in noises, avoid Fridays and Saturdays because there is a pub right at the basement.

it sucks that there are loads of people who are trying to find a work... not the real traveller feeling... apart from that an okay hostel

Hostel was great - we shall be back :-)

• 11th Jun 2015

A very good hostel for that price. I strictly recommend people to stay there if they're planning to go to bristol. Great position, good bed, great kitchen and lots of activities. The toilets were clean and regularly checked as well as the kitchen. the staff was really helpful and the position is absolutely amazing.

The location was good and the staff was ok, but the building was not very clean. The individual showers and toilets were dirty all the time in contrast with the common toilets and showers that were very clean. They didn't have lockers in the rooms so it was very uncomfortable to leave your stuff unattended. Everything else was alright, specially the free bowling night which was very fun.

Services like the showers were closed during the mid-morning. Fine if you want to spend the day in the hostel, not so fine if you're looking for somewhere to spend the night between travels. Cleaning lady was rude to the point of open hostility.

« first « Prev 1 2 3