Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Hostel was ok, staff were friendly especially the night staff (one in particular but I can't remember his name- think he was French though?!) Rooms don't have private lockers so if you would like to have something locked away you need to ask reception to put it into a special room. Bathrooms were ok.. Wouldn't go in without your flip flips on though and would only go in the bathroom to the right of the stairs.

This hostel was secure, clean and friendly. I don't know why some people have said it's not clean because it definitely was when I was there and I used the showers, toilet and kitchen. Crisp, clean cotton sheets, a proper duvet (!) and a privacy panel at the end of the bunk were also good points. Re: noise. Yes it's noisy, but I don't feel like the hostel lie in anyway about this. They make it very clear that it's on top of a club. I slept fine and my room was closest to the club!

• 7th Mar 2015

Well, what to say? I've been living in this hostel for almost 2 months while trying to build a life in Bristol so I got to know it pretty well. The atmosphere is amazing, you can truly meet people open to share something of their lives with you and who, after a while, might even become your new family abroad. My 4 months life experience wouldn't have been the same outside this place. Definitely recommended for either a long or short term stay in Bristol. Thank you Rock N Bowl!

I slept one night at Rock n Bowl, and I would repeat. Very good atmosphere !! All we needed were there . Entertainment. Beds comfortable. Unfortunately , I found the room where I have been too much brightly to sleep and extremely noisy on the morning. Otherwise, I widely advise this Hostel ;)

The location of the hostel is very good, but this is all. It was not very clean, I didn't feel safe and the rooms were dirty, as well as the beds and the bathrooms. I had sleepless nights since there is the bar under the hostel which is too loud even with ear plugs there was no chance to get to sleep till 3 am. It wasn't a nice experience. Spent nights in better hostels where I paid even less. :/

Great value for money. Good free Wi-Fi.

• 28th Jan 2015

If you're young and want to meet people and have a party, that's definitely a place for you. If you look for some quiet hostel, do not go there, else use ear plugs. That's the second time I've been there, so I know the house. The hostel is perfectly located, near the city center. People are friendly and the sofa are still comfortable.

People working at reception were lovely and very helpful. Common room was buzzing in the evening, great atmosphere and lots of friendly people. Graffiti artwork around the hostel is an awesome touch too!

They have bowling! The kitchen is very well organised and clean. Staff is awesome!

I think it was just my phone but I could not connect to the internet which was really frustrating. Staff is good. Outside of the kitchen the whole hostel smells of old cigarette smoke and cleaning solution. Not pleasant. Kitchen is great. Nice big chill out area. Meh for the price...

The weekend rates were pretty pricey especially with breakfast not included. The facilities are nice with a bar and bowling alley downstairs, however I feel you are paying extra for staying in close proximity even if you don't use them. My first night after I had taken the last remaining bed in the room I realised there was green mould at one end of the bed. I moved beds the next night but but it did leave a bad impression. Also the wifi was extremely poor.

Good value for money. Nice atmosphere, loads of entertainment and good people. Showers with low pressure and hectic temperature swings. I'd hang a script on the wall of the lounge recommending to refrain from laying on the sofas with smelly bare feet cause the air can get very unpleasant

Great atmosphere if all you want to do is party. Club/bowling lanes underneath the hostel are so loud it's impossible to sleep until at least 3am on fri/sat night. Great big kitchen and lounge area however most rooms are off these busy areas.

There is a late bar downstairs that is so loud I didn't sleep the whole night. The place is ok, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is really cool, if you're after a party place or like to stay up all night this place is wicked, if your after a place to sleep I would suggest going elsewhere as its impossible to sleep until about 4am.

Definitely a good place to stay! The people are so friendly and the staff is super nice!

I originally booked for 2 nights but changed it to one when I saw they had a dance club under the hostel and expected people staying in the hostel to accept the incredible noise. The night I stayed it finished at 1am it was horrible. All the people in the room were trying to sleep with no success. On Friday and Saturday the music goes to 3am. If you are a traveller sightseeing stay somewhere else. You will not sleep!!!

Can bowl for free on monday nights but only if there is 6 of you. Cheap pizza downstairs which is nice. Loads of showers which was very welcome but they did need to be cleaned more frequently.

It was the first time I have visited Bristol and I can say that the location of the hostel is very good. Unfortunately during my stay there was an old building (in front of the hostel) that was being destroyed during the night and the noise kept me awake until too late. As a conclusion very good experiencie. Highly recommended.

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff!!!

I was a bit worried that my room had no lockers or cages to store valuables (209).

• 3rd Nov 2014