Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Kitchen and lounge are nice, but the rest could do with a good refurb. Electrical showers, run down washrooms and the room I was staying in (4-bed dorm) was rather bleak. They do have these cages underneath the beds for your luggage, however, there was only one you could lock as the others were broken. No reading lights, no USB chargers, etc. Cheap, sure, and reasonably clean, but really nothing to write home about.

Good location. Showers were a bit annoying with you having to press the button every 10 seconds or so. Staff were friendly. Good common area and met some great people. Beds were good. Great jam sessions downstairs in the bar. Would stay here again if I came to bristol

We were offered ear plugs when we first got there - there was loud music from the bar below which was okay but a lot of slamming doors all night which kept us both awake. The room was too hot but opening the window made it more noisy. Otherwise, the facilities and location were good.

We only stayed one night here, so we didn't get to see much. The people in our dorm were friendly and polite, though it was a bit crowded in there. Bathrooms were lacking and didn't feel very clean. Plus, the toilets didn't seem to flush well. Common area looked social, and the group down there was having a good time, but we didn't get to hang out with them since we were so tired. Kitchen seemed clean, and it's attached to a bowling alley, so that's cool.

Good hostel, cheap. The only problem is the pub downstairs with loud music during nightime.

A really good looking hostel in a great building!

I was only there for one night. Staff was helpful. Though it was noisy at night.

Enjoyed my brief stay. Good location . Dorm was clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Will be back.

The staff were lovely, it was quite busy when we stayed because it was in easter holidays but myself and my two friends managed to get a room together nonetheless. Room was clean, there were cages for each persons bag but not huge ones- only fitted my rucksack in, any other bag may have been a problem. System with the key cards was good and functional and made the place seem a lot safer.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Quite a hike from the train station though if you don't use public transport, and a little bit pricey. Beds were amazing, and the showers are numerous and clean. Staff was really friendly, and the guy who checked me in even recognized me later in the evening while out in the city.

- Showers had little to no hot water. They were in constant demand in the mornings, and as toilets and showers were combined it meant even going to the bathroom required a lengthy wait or travel to another floor. Showers also had a button that had to be pressed approximately every 5 seconds to keep the water flowing - Often the toilets were filthy. I did not feel comfortable using them. - After you check out the staff are not willing to let you stay in the common room even just for an hour.

Smelly rooms and very noisy hostel due to the bar next door

The staff made up for a couple of problems with excellent customer service.

Hostel was ok, staff were friendly especially the night staff (one in particular but I can't remember his name- think he was French though?!) Rooms don't have private lockers so if you would like to have something locked away you need to ask reception to put it into a special room. Bathrooms were ok.. Wouldn't go in without your flip flips on though and would only go in the bathroom to the right of the stairs.

This hostel was secure, clean and friendly. I don't know why some people have said it's not clean because it definitely was when I was there and I used the showers, toilet and kitchen. Crisp, clean cotton sheets, a proper duvet (!) and a privacy panel at the end of the bunk were also good points. Re: noise. Yes it's noisy, but I don't feel like the hostel lie in anyway about this. They make it very clear that it's on top of a club. I slept fine and my room was closest to the club!

• 7th Mar 2015

Well, what to say? I've been living in this hostel for almost 2 months while trying to build a life in Bristol so I got to know it pretty well. The atmosphere is amazing, you can truly meet people open to share something of their lives with you and who, after a while, might even become your new family abroad. My 4 months life experience wouldn't have been the same outside this place. Definitely recommended for either a long or short term stay in Bristol. Thank you Rock N Bowl!

I slept one night at Rock n Bowl, and I would repeat. Very good atmosphere !! All we needed were there . Entertainment. Beds comfortable. Unfortunately , I found the room where I have been too much brightly to sleep and extremely noisy on the morning. Otherwise, I widely advise this Hostel ;)

The location of the hostel is very good, but this is all. It was not very clean, I didn't feel safe and the rooms were dirty, as well as the beds and the bathrooms. I had sleepless nights since there is the bar under the hostel which is too loud even with ear plugs there was no chance to get to sleep till 3 am. It wasn't a nice experience. Spent nights in better hostels where I paid even less. :/

Great value for money. Good free Wi-Fi.

• 28th Jan 2015

If you're young and want to meet people and have a party, that's definitely a place for you. If you look for some quiet hostel, do not go there, else use ear plugs. That's the second time I've been there, so I know the house. The hostel is perfectly located, near the city center. People are friendly and the sofa are still comfortable.