Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Hostel was great - we shall be back :-)

• 11th Jun 2015

A very good hostel for that price. I strictly recommend people to stay there if they're planning to go to bristol. Great position, good bed, great kitchen and lots of activities. The toilets were clean and regularly checked as well as the kitchen. the staff was really helpful and the position is absolutely amazing.

The location was good and the staff was ok, but the building was not very clean. The individual showers and toilets were dirty all the time in contrast with the common toilets and showers that were very clean. They didn't have lockers in the rooms so it was very uncomfortable to leave your stuff unattended. Everything else was alright, specially the free bowling night which was very fun.

Services like the showers were closed during the mid-morning. Fine if you want to spend the day in the hostel, not so fine if you're looking for somewhere to spend the night between travels. Cleaning lady was rude to the point of open hostility.

Decent place, but internet was extremely slow and spotty; this is unacceptable in the modern age.

Great hostel if you don't care about sleep! Venue vibrates the whole building and is extremely loud. Facility's are okay... Showers are on a 20 second timer and completely suck! Staff are all rude, wouldn't recommend staying here for more than 2 nights, I stayed for 5. Place is full of a much older crowd, so being 20, it was hard to socialise.

Good facilities. No lockers. Push button showers but some genius has devised a cable tie contraption to hold them on so that was ok. Hostel was almost entirely long term residents so had a pretty bad atmosphere for people travelling. Without long term residents this hostel has the potential to be really good, but wouldn't recommend.

Friendly services

The receptionist was really friendly and even walked me all the way to the room, showing me everything on the way. Beds where clean and comfortable, I really like that they had shoe cabinets outside of the rooms. If they added slippers it would have even better :) Toilet cleanliness was as to be expected in a big hostel... Didn't have time to use facilities, but they looked good.

Good hostel with large kitchen, to many foreigners but its a hostel after all.

Kitchen and lounge are nice, but the rest could do with a good refurb. Electrical showers, run down washrooms and the room I was staying in (4-bed dorm) was rather bleak. They do have these cages underneath the beds for your luggage, however, there was only one you could lock as the others were broken. No reading lights, no USB chargers, etc. Cheap, sure, and reasonably clean, but really nothing to write home about.

Probably the best hostel I´ve been to. Super nice atmosphere, large common areas, quality wifi, good facilities, nice rooms, and plenty of natural light. I loved it (and I tend to be a harsh critic)

Good location. Showers were a bit annoying with you having to press the button every 10 seconds or so. Staff were friendly. Good common area and met some great people. Beds were good. Great jam sessions downstairs in the bar. Would stay here again if I came to bristol

We were offered ear plugs when we first got there - there was loud music from the bar below which was okay but a lot of slamming doors all night which kept us both awake. The room was too hot but opening the window made it more noisy. Otherwise, the facilities and location were good.

Pretty decent hostel with good facilities (huge kitchen). Comfy beds too.

We only stayed one night here, so we didn't get to see much. The people in our dorm were friendly and polite, though it was a bit crowded in there. Bathrooms were lacking and didn't feel very clean. Plus, the toilets didn't seem to flush well. Common area looked social, and the group down there was having a good time, but we didn't get to hang out with them since we were so tired. Kitchen seemed clean, and it's attached to a bowling alley, so that's cool.

Good hostel, cheap. The only problem is the pub downstairs with loud music during nightime.

A really good looking hostel in a great building!

I was only there for one night. Staff was helpful. Though it was noisy at night.

Enjoyed my brief stay. Good location . Dorm was clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Will be back.