Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

We stayed for a single night. The bed was firm, the bar was buzzing and my sleep was deep. The pictures oversell the beauty of the place - the bathrooms were decrepit - and the 90% hike in weekend prices is a little unfair. We'd probably stay again although there needs to be table tennis for sure! There's everything but.

I slept in the hostel because I lost my flight so I was not expecting the enjoy my stay, but I found out that the Rock'n'Bowl is one the of the coolest place ever! The staff helped me with the reservation and secured my luggage (the place is full of CCTV) and I enjoyed my eveningplaying bowling in the alley downstairs After a good sleep, I found out as well that a simple but delicious breakfast was included with my booking. Top notch!

• 28th Jan 2016

Location is very good. Staff pretty good. just there was way too many long term guests who tend to think they own the place as a result the room had a rather unpleasant smell of Feet and other odours. and found the atmosphere not very friendly or welcoming of course this could change in time and I was just unlucky during this stay. Overall I would say its not a bad hostel but I did not enjoy my stay

• 22nd Jan 2016

Pretty average place. Staff were nice and friendly but the place was just dirty. Not a very friendly atmosphere

• 21st Jan 2016

This is not a typical hostel that you may be used to if you've travelled around Europe or Asia, these do not really exist in the UK. It's a very large hostel where people from Europe who are working live until they can find a flat of their own. None the less it has a very well equipped kitchen, it's pretty clean and the atmosphere is not too bad but if you're a traveller you may be the only one. For the price it's very good value.

This hostel had nice warm showers that were private, a great communal kitchen and decent beds. The showers were clean as far as I could see. Good value compared to the competition.

Great location, 20 bed dorm was spacious and clean, super friendly staff, food atmosphere!

It was a bit to noisy at night due to the bowling downstairs, overall the ostell was clean but the the restrooms were spotless only for the first half of the day then the standard dropped down drastically,

Fine for a short stay. Most of the guests seemed to be living there, not really a backpacker atmosphere. Bathrooms weren't the best, were sometimes dirty and I saw at least one broken toilet. Push button shower lasted literally a few seconds, and the temperature wasn't adjustable. The pod showers were better. The dorm itself was fine, not too crowded. Good central location, close to the bus station.

Very good location, in the center of the town and the staff was really helpful. But the room wasn't clear, the toilets and the showers were very dirty. There was not hot water (or too warm or too cold) and it was very noisy because of the disco down.

It was a party hostel which isn't usually my scene, but the location and price were perfect so I booked anyway. It was clean, people were friendly, and I always felt safe.

• 1st Jan 2016

nice breakfast, nice social room, good internet

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Lithuania

Lots of cool places to hang out and meet people if you want. Perfect location. Great that they have private showers as well as co-ed. Kitchen has a lot of room to cook. They take a £10 deposit for the key card so don't lose it!

Internet was too slow. It took long time to access to the internet, such as facebook, google, etc. The smell of the room 205 was terrible. I couldn't breath and had to use purfume to improve its smell. I think the reason of terrible smell is that a lot of clothes, socks were hanged in the room, and some customers were not clean. A duvet was not good, its inside cotton came out through a big hole on the duvet. The others, e.g. location, staff, were good.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Vietnam
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very noisey at night due to the bar downstairs, but otherwise a decent inexpensive hostel.

Costoso, spazioso, comodo, ben attrezzato. Docce ok, colazione ok, wifi ok.

On a positive note, the bedding was quite good, and clean. The showers were dirty (mouldy) and a few of them were either running just cold water, or didnt work at all! We experienced the rudest receptionist we have ever encountered!! Right after we checked out on our last day, she made us leave the building to stand in the cold, rather than let us wait in the common room for our friend, who was giving us a lift 😡 She followed us out the door to make sure we left. I felt like a criminal!

The italian house manager was really hateful and snooty

• 1st Dec 2015

It's exactly what you expect when booking a hostel. It's worn down and loud, but it's cheap which is the point! Nothing bad about it, but nothing good either.

Everything was perfect, the staff was helpful, the electronic access card made me feel secure (no one can enter without the key) and the breakfast was simple but delicious! I read other reviews, in my opinion the hostel was very clean, I always found someone cleaning during the whole day!

• 30th Nov 2015