Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

The great atmosphere definitely makes this place worth the stay.

I only stayed for one night here but it was fine. The showers were good and there were plenty of power outlets around the room, which was very spacious. Staff were friendly. I would probably stay here again.

The hostel is at a great location, near the city centre and some supermarkets. The building is beautiful and the kitchen was big and very nice to meet people. Showers could have been better, but were ok. The staff was alright, but could have been more welcoming.

Hostel was a few blocks away from the city center but far away from the train station. Front door was quite difficult to find. Rooms had plenty of room but not wifi reception and few outlets only. It had medium size lockers below the beds. Bar was quite nice but not very crowded, depending on your trip this might be a pro or con. 1 washing and 1 dryer machines available, so there was people waiting most of the time.

I WAS DECEIVED!!!!!you have to be aware of that if you leave your deposit for key in amount 10 pounds from your credit card , they will assure you that is will return back to your card but is never will, i have that bad experience

Had a good stay here, good location close to large shopping centre. Staff was good, and bowling was fun! Closes at 12 so we were able to sleep in quite. As all hostels could use cleaner showers and bathrooms. Good vibes with the large kitchen and living room. I would return.

Very good. The only problem was that the bathroom was on another floor and closed during many hours (10 to 14). The locks of the bedroom were broken so we were not confident in letting out stuff in the room. The staff and location were perfect!! I would stay there again!

Really good and central hostel. Good atmosphere and friendly staff.

A tad overpriced, offering nothing other than a place to sleep in a dodgy part of Bristol.

• 30th Jun 2014

Stayed at this hostel for one night as I had to get a coach to Glastonbury the following morning. Staff very friendly and even gave me a wake up phone call. They helped arrange a taxi to the coach depart point too. Very clean and good facilities including a large kitchen for travelers visiting U.K for the first time and discovering how expensive it is to eat out. Would return if I needed a place to stay in Bristol.

Surprisingly good for a basic hostel

very fun ! great atmosphere

Great hostel right in the heart of Bristol city, walkable from the station and good for being in town for a few days, can be a bit noisy at the weekends

Really enjoyed my stay here. I had no problem with loud music being heard in the dorm I was in but that could be because it was a weekday. The kitchen was large and the entertainment area was great to chill out in. The location is central too and only a short walk from the coach station. I had no problems with this place and would stay again.

Rooms very cramped with no lockers, storage just under beds. Bathrooms were very nice. Weird vibe in the hostel though. Seems as though they have a lot of long term and older people staying there. Not really a party hostel which is fine, just odd since it's connected to a bar.

Great location, nice facilities with a 60s bowling downstairs, a nice kitchen, table tennis, books, tvs.... Rooms and bathrooms are really convenient too... One of the best hostels i tried!

Great hostel in the heart of Bristol. Really close to a lot of major street art pieces, and situated comfortably to be able to walk anywhere in town. Big hostel with lots of space, comfy beds and huge kitchen. Highly recommend!

The doors don't lock properly and the staff didn't tell me. But they are aware of it. Strangers came in the room and stole my suitcase with all my cloths. That was the most terrible holidays in my life. I got my nights for free but that doesn't make it better.

• 1st Jun 2014

The bad things: only 4 plugs in a room for 12 people. The are people living there permanently and they are hostile to travelers. Good things: Location. and free ping pong table. For the price you would expect breakfast.

The staff were very nice and the location could not have been better.