Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great value for money. Good free Wi-Fi.

• 28th Jan 2015

If you're young and want to meet people and have a party, that's definitely a place for you. If you look for some quiet hostel, do not go there, else use ear plugs. That's the second time I've been there, so I know the house. The hostel is perfectly located, near the city center. People are friendly and the sofa are still comfortable.

People working at reception were lovely and very helpful. Common room was buzzing in the evening, great atmosphere and lots of friendly people. Graffiti artwork around the hostel is an awesome touch too!

They have bowling! The kitchen is very well organised and clean. Staff is awesome!

I think it was just my phone but I could not connect to the internet which was really frustrating. Staff is good. Outside of the kitchen the whole hostel smells of old cigarette smoke and cleaning solution. Not pleasant. Kitchen is great. Nice big chill out area. Meh for the price...

The weekend rates were pretty pricey especially with breakfast not included. The facilities are nice with a bar and bowling alley downstairs, however I feel you are paying extra for staying in close proximity even if you don't use them. My first night after I had taken the last remaining bed in the room I realised there was green mould at one end of the bed. I moved beds the next night but but it did leave a bad impression. Also the wifi was extremely poor.

Good value for money. Nice atmosphere, loads of entertainment and good people. Showers with low pressure and hectic temperature swings. I'd hang a script on the wall of the lounge recommending to refrain from laying on the sofas with smelly bare feet cause the air can get very unpleasant

Great atmosphere if all you want to do is party. Club/bowling lanes underneath the hostel are so loud it's impossible to sleep until at least 3am on fri/sat night. Great big kitchen and lounge area however most rooms are off these busy areas.

There is a late bar downstairs that is so loud I didn't sleep the whole night. The place is ok, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is really cool, if you're after a party place or like to stay up all night this place is wicked, if your after a place to sleep I would suggest going elsewhere as its impossible to sleep until about 4am.

Definitely a good place to stay! The people are so friendly and the staff is super nice!

I originally booked for 2 nights but changed it to one when I saw they had a dance club under the hostel and expected people staying in the hostel to accept the incredible noise. The night I stayed it finished at 1am it was horrible. All the people in the room were trying to sleep with no success. On Friday and Saturday the music goes to 3am. If you are a traveller sightseeing stay somewhere else. You will not sleep!!!

Can bowl for free on monday nights but only if there is 6 of you. Cheap pizza downstairs which is nice. Loads of showers which was very welcome but they did need to be cleaned more frequently.

It was the first time I have visited Bristol and I can say that the location of the hostel is very good. Unfortunately during my stay there was an old building (in front of the hostel) that was being destroyed during the night and the noise kept me awake until too late. As a conclusion very good experiencie. Highly recommended.

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff!!!

I was a bit worried that my room had no lockers or cages to store valuables (209).

• 3rd Nov 2014

Hostel is in a good location. The only really great thing about it was the bowling alley in the bar. Asides from that the 8 bed dorm was a cramped, tiny cupboard, the showers in the shared bathrooms were inadequate

They had an ironing board and a hair dryer, which is a rare plus for hostels like this. However, common rooms were intolerably loud, there was no room in the fridges for my food, and the staff was crazy rude. I was chilling on a couch after checkout waiting for the time my bus would arrive since it was pouring out, and I was asked how long exactly Id be sticking around. Seriously? Ugh.

Very noisy with construction next door and the bowling alley and bar serving late into the night downstairs. Great location close to everything.

Loved the big kitchen and the different spaces to hang out in. But the wifi was absolutely horrible and the bathrooms weren't as clean as I would have liked. The rooms were a little small for the amount of beds as well. Cool place in a good location, but not the best hostel I've ever been in.

perfect place for party men