Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

The hostel had their annual cleaning that day. Although the room seemed very clean the smell of feet didn't dissipate. I guess that goes to more as a natural condition of a hostel but I wish that can be improved somehow, same with the beds, you can also do an annual review of the mattresses conditions. Regarding the showers, amazingly they had an ironing room but not hair dryers a little disappointment there. Overall the hostel had a nice feeling and there were actual travelers staying!

The hostel had a good vibe, because it was like a big a big chillout, but it was really dirty. Especially in the showers and toilets. The rooms where absolutely clean, but you couldn't even close the windows. All in all for the price it was okay, but if you are out for more a chilled place you would stay in an other hostel, because there is a club/bar/bowling directly under the hostel and the music is loud (but you get some free ear plugs).

Dirty, noisy, bad location and bad atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2015

I had a great night here. The bed was comfortable. The bar downstairs made it very easy it meet people. The staff were great especially helping me at 3am when i came back and had lost my key. Thanks for a great night!

• 25th Aug 2015

I loved this hostel!! My dumb bank froze my card and the staff was super helpful and understanding. The city of Bristol is terrific, and this hostel is within walkable distance to everything you need. Summer courtyard cinema club screened Into the Wild while I was there. Free tea & coffee every morning. Smoking terrace with an umbrella. Nice bar and bowling alley in the basement. One thing though, if you go to bed early and need some quiet... Bring earplugs. It's very loud at nighttime. But fun!

We stayed on weekend night and it was really noisy from the bar downstairs. But we asked for ear plugs and they really helped. The room we stayed in smelled bad and some of the bathrooms did smell of urine also. The positive side would be, they have a good stocked kitchen and free coffee and tea all day long. There are also a lot of bathrooms so you can choose which one that doesn't smell and has hand soap (there is only one!). Wifi was good and the staff were nice and helpful.

such a lovely atmosphere, my group stayed up talking to the staff and other guests until the early hours and they made us feel so welcomed and accommodated for. the bar downstairs was lovely, although busy so if you want some drinks order a lot at once to avoid the long queues. great location as well :)

Only spent a short night here so it's hard to comment objectively on the atmosphere of the place. The dorms are quite tightly packed but still decently comfortable. Staff was quite friendly and helpful. Kitchen was well equipped and rather clean. The location right in the center and the access to the bowling alley are definetly a plus. All in all a good place to stay when travelling to Bristol!

I didn't read the hostel information right, so it is my fault Just be warned, on weekends loud music plays till about 2am... So if it is sleep you value, maybe a different place. Otherwise a real cool place. Loved it.

Excellent location, massive hostel in the centre of Bristol. Bedding was very clean and comfortable and the facilities are decent. The bar downstairs is filled with a lot of locals so can be noisy but a good atmosphere.

I didn't spend much time at the hostel, but it seemed friendly and lively. The rooms were comfortable. The extra bathrooms were very small and not very clean, but the main ones were better. Free coffee in the morning is great!

The staff is obsessed with security they asked to see my key like 10 times in a day... Probably because the hostel is huge but come on give me a break... Plus too many Italian people and Spanish people...

My experience there was horrible and spoilt what was meant to be a perfect weekend in Bristol. To start with a booked a private double room for me and my partner. That was booked and confirmed 3 months ago and although I had an email confirming that they did not have any register of my book and no rooms available neither and ended up putting us in a room for 12 people. That was already bad enough but staff wasnt particularly friendly and the facilities were so dirty and poorly maintained.

• 8th Aug 2015

I for one had a excellent moment in this place. The localisation, the facilities, the atmosphere and charm of the hostel matching the city were awesome. Staff nice, nay friendly and helpful anytime. I definitely recommend this hostel and come back.

I went to Bristol Balloon Fiesta and I only need a place to stay for one night. It is okay and there is not much you can ask for.

Pretty grubby place IMO. Good stuff , pretty good location. Has flies and a decent bar but common room is gross.

My biggest problem was that the hostel was filled mostly with people who are trying to find a job and thus basically live there. They all knew eachother and talked in their own language in groups. They had this nice huge kitchen, but I felt uncomfortable being a stranger among the weekly guests. The rooms are okay. Some showers are almost too hot and you need to push them every other second. The location is very good.

Great.. ^_*

• 2nd Aug 2015

Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. My only grievances are Wifi wasn't great and the dorm room and showers stank!

Perfect location, close to city center and coach station. Clean, dorms are ok. A bit noisy during the night. No breakfast included but free coffee/tea/marmalade in the morning and there is a huge kitchen. Toilets and showers are a bit broken. Staff ok but a bit disorganized.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4