Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

We had a brilliant stay. It was all that we wanted. The additional use of the club below was a particular bonus for us.

• 26th Sep 2015

My night in this hostel was terrible. First, there is nowhere to site your personal belongings. If you want to sleep, we'll gid luck because they put the door right above their bar, they have very loud music and people shout in the inner court. The staff is not from the city and not helpful. Oval it was a bad experience.

Stayed here for two nights in a dorm with 12 beds. Was ok for those two nights but would probably not choose the hostel again if I'd stay there longer. Sheets and beds were clean, private shower rooms were good for privacy but not very clean, neither was the rest of the bathrooms. All in all sanitary could need some renovation. Possibility to cook - I didn't need it but for longer stays definitely useful. Anyway, relatively expensive for what you get.

• 24th Sep 2015

Everything was fine for the price.

Great place, great location, staff were really helpful

We stayed 3 nights in the hostel. The First night was very noisy due to the proximity with the common area, the second was even more noisy due to a concert in the bar / club located right under the hostel. The third night was relatively ok in comparison to the first 2 nights when we could not sleep. the Ventilation system and the curtains of the room could be refreshed or seriously need to be review asap.

The hostel building has a club and was very loud the entire night. not the best place if you are looking to have a quite night. the music was so loud that the floor n beds were literally shaking. although they give free earplugs but the noise level makes them useless.

I wouldn't want to stay for an extended period of time here, but was great for one night out in Bristol!

Some staff were helpful, others were quite rude. Loud music from downstairs but we were aware of this before we booked

Loved it! Had a great time

The staff were really friendly! They made a mistake with our booking and the manager was really good about it and gave us a voucher for pizzas!

Wish they had some organised hostel events like a dinner or something so it would be easier to meet people. The strict rules and fines in the kitchen made me feel a bit uncomfortable but the manager who works there is really lovely and it's in a great spot!

Fun stay, cool staff, great atmosphere, bowling alley downstairs, what else can I say, I do recommend

The hostel had their annual cleaning that day. Although the room seemed very clean the smell of feet didn't dissipate. I guess that goes to more as a natural condition of a hostel but I wish that can be improved somehow, same with the beds, you can also do an annual review of the mattresses conditions. Regarding the showers, amazingly they had an ironing room but not hair dryers a little disappointment there. Overall the hostel had a nice feeling and there were actual travelers staying!

The bar can be REALLY noisy on weekends, making it really hard to sleep, even with earplugs... apart from that, everything was great!

• 30th Aug 2015

The hostel had a good vibe, because it was like a big a big chillout, but it was really dirty. Especially in the showers and toilets. The rooms where absolutely clean, but you couldn't even close the windows. All in all for the price it was okay, but if you are out for more a chilled place you would stay in an other hostel, because there is a club/bar/bowling directly under the hostel and the music is loud (but you get some free ear plugs).

Dirty, noisy, bad location and bad atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2015

I had a great night here. The bed was comfortable. The bar downstairs made it very easy it meet people. The staff were great especially helping me at 3am when i came back and had lost my key. Thanks for a great night!

• 25th Aug 2015

I loved this hostel!! My dumb bank froze my card and the staff was super helpful and understanding. The city of Bristol is terrific, and this hostel is within walkable distance to everything you need. Summer courtyard cinema club screened Into the Wild while I was there. Free tea & coffee every morning. Smoking terrace with an umbrella. Nice bar and bowling alley in the basement. One thing though, if you go to bed early and need some quiet... Bring earplugs. It's very loud at nighttime. But fun!

the staff wasnt particularly friendly , but Perfect location, close to city center and coach station. Clean, dorms are ok