Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Stayed at this hostel for one night as I had to get a coach to Glastonbury the following morning. Staff very friendly and even gave me a wake up phone call. They helped arrange a taxi to the coach depart point too. Very clean and good facilities including a large kitchen for travelers visiting U.K for the first time and discovering how expensive it is to eat out. Would return if I needed a place to stay in Bristol.

Everything was great!!! i canno't complain to anything!!! well located and the staff is very helpfull!!!

Surprisingly good for a basic hostel

very fun ! great atmosphere

Great hostel right in the heart of Bristol city, walkable from the station and good for being in town for a few days, can be a bit noisy at the weekends

Really enjoyed my stay here. I had no problem with loud music being heard in the dorm I was in but that could be because it was a weekday. The kitchen was large and the entertainment area was great to chill out in. The location is central too and only a short walk from the coach station. I had no problems with this place and would stay again.

Rooms very cramped with no lockers, storage just under beds. Bathrooms were very nice. Weird vibe in the hostel though. Seems as though they have a lot of long term and older people staying there. Not really a party hostel which is fine, just odd since it's connected to a bar.

Great location, nice facilities with a 60s bowling downstairs, a nice kitchen, table tennis, books, tvs.... Rooms and bathrooms are really convenient too... One of the best hostels i tried!

Great hostel in the heart of Bristol. Really close to a lot of major street art pieces, and situated comfortably to be able to walk anywhere in town. Big hostel with lots of space, comfy beds and huge kitchen. Highly recommend!

The doors don't lock properly and the staff didn't tell me. But they are aware of it. Strangers came in the room and stole my suitcase with all my cloths. That was the most terrible holidays in my life. I got my nights for free but that doesn't make it better.

• 1st Jun 2014

The bad things: only 4 plugs in a room for 12 people. The are people living there permanently and they are hostile to travelers. Good things: Location. and free ping pong table. For the price you would expect breakfast.

The staff were very nice and the location could not have been better.

Very loud at night, although I was previously warned and they do have ear plugs available at the front desk. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean.

Stayed only 1 night for a local gig. The hostel is HUGE. Very spacious. The best kitchen i've ever seen in a hostel. It's a weekday so there's no noise from the downstairs Bowling place.

While I did read the advance warning that the hostel can be loud at the weekends, I was not prepared for just how loud it actually was. The music from downstairs, combined with people arriving back from it meant that sleeping wasn't really possible until after 4am. If you're looking for a party hostel, then this won't be a problem as otherwise the place was quite nice.

Stayed in 4-bed room as I wanted quiet nights without middle-of-the-night arrivals waking me, and thankfully got that. However windows were sealed so it was warm at night (this was start of may). Only the duvet cover was necessary, Also, curtains couldn't be closed properly so the light streamed in - make sure to bring an eyecover! Aside from that I couldn't really complain. Central locaton, plenty of toilets, excellent showers, decent price, lovely staff, bar below. Not bad at all!

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were very helpful.

Manager was so helpful and kind. Hostel is a cool retro, punk, hipster, combo and had a unique vibe. I felt a little nervous in the area at night, but that was probably in my head. Fantastic shower and fantastic bed. Huge nice kitchen. Thank you for the great stay!

Everything was ok, except from two things.Firstly, there was no heating. Cold air entered from the windows and the heater did not work.Secondly, I experienced a problem with the refund for the deposit. We were three people and so we paid £ 30 for the deposit. We paid the deposit in cash but we paid for the room by card.When we left, we were told that the deposit had to be refunded by card but I closed my bank account two days after and I did not receive any refund.How can I solve this problem?

• 6th Apr 2014

I read a mixed bag of reviews before coming to the hostel so wasn't sure what to think! however I had a good stay, all the staff can speak english and are very nice. My room was quiet and only had 3 of us in a 12 bed so it was fine! the location is really good too. I had a generally positive experience.

1 2 Next » last »