Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Very loud at night, although I was previously warned and they do have ear plugs available at the front desk. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean.

Stayed only 1 night for a local gig. The hostel is HUGE. Very spacious. The best kitchen i've ever seen in a hostel. It's a weekday so there's no noise from the downstairs Bowling place.

While I did read the advance warning that the hostel can be loud at the weekends, I was not prepared for just how loud it actually was. The music from downstairs, combined with people arriving back from it meant that sleeping wasn't really possible until after 4am. If you're looking for a party hostel, then this won't be a problem as otherwise the place was quite nice.

Stayed in 4-bed room as I wanted quiet nights without middle-of-the-night arrivals waking me, and thankfully got that. However windows were sealed so it was warm at night (this was start of may). Only the duvet cover was necessary, Also, curtains couldn't be closed properly so the light streamed in - make sure to bring an eyecover! Aside from that I couldn't really complain. Central locaton, plenty of toilets, excellent showers, decent price, lovely staff, bar below. Not bad at all!

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were very helpful.

Manager was so helpful and kind. Hostel is a cool retro, punk, hipster, combo and had a unique vibe. I felt a little nervous in the area at night, but that was probably in my head. Fantastic shower and fantastic bed. Huge nice kitchen. Thank you for the great stay!

Everything was ok, except from two things.Firstly, there was no heating. Cold air entered from the windows and the heater did not work.Secondly, I experienced a problem with the refund for the deposit. We were three people and so we paid £ 30 for the deposit. We paid the deposit in cash but we paid for the room by card.When we left, we were told that the deposit had to be refunded by card but I closed my bank account two days after and I did not receive any refund.How can I solve this problem?

• 6th Apr 2014

I read a mixed bag of reviews before coming to the hostel so wasn't sure what to think! however I had a good stay, all the staff can speak english and are very nice. My room was quiet and only had 3 of us in a 12 bed so it was fine! the location is really good too. I had a generally positive experience.

The staff was very helpful and understanding (it was a VERY late arrival). The place may get a bit loud during the weekends, but there are free ear plugs available. A very good option for a cheap stay in Bristol.

Got lost trying to find the hotel. It's entrance is at the back of an alley, so that took awhile. Felt a little unsafe because the shop below is a punk establishment, and the corridors can kinda feel like you're in an 1980s Asian Horror movie. Besides that, I've only got good things to say abt the hostel. If you're into shopping, the location of the hostel couldn't be better; it's just a min walk from the shopping district of Bristol

1 2 Next » last »