Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

We stayed on weekend night and it was really noisy from the bar downstairs. But we asked for ear plugs and they really helped. The room we stayed in smelled bad and some of the bathrooms did smell of urine also. The positive side would be, they have a good stocked kitchen and free coffee and tea all day long. There are also a lot of bathrooms so you can choose which one that doesn't smell and has hand soap (there is only one!). Wifi was good and the staff were nice and helpful.

such a lovely atmosphere, my group stayed up talking to the staff and other guests until the early hours and they made us feel so welcomed and accommodated for. the bar downstairs was lovely, although busy so if you want some drinks order a lot at once to avoid the long queues. great location as well :)

Only spent a short night here so it's hard to comment objectively on the atmosphere of the place. The dorms are quite tightly packed but still decently comfortable. Staff was quite friendly and helpful. Kitchen was well equipped and rather clean. The location right in the center and the access to the bowling alley are definetly a plus. All in all a good place to stay when travelling to Bristol!

I didn't read the hostel information right, so it is my fault Just be warned, on weekends loud music plays till about 2am... So if it is sleep you value, maybe a different place. Otherwise a real cool place. Loved it.

10 mins walking distance from bus stop, close to shopping area and main tourist attractions. Room is clean

Excellent location, massive hostel in the centre of Bristol. Bedding was very clean and comfortable and the facilities are decent. The bar downstairs is filled with a lot of locals so can be noisy but a good atmosphere.

I didn't spend much time at the hostel, but it seemed friendly and lively. The rooms were comfortable. The extra bathrooms were very small and not very clean, but the main ones were better. Free coffee in the morning is great!

The staff is obsessed with security they asked to see my key like 10 times in a day... Probably because the hostel is huge but come on give me a break... Plus too many Italian people and Spanish people...

My experience there was horrible and spoilt what was meant to be a perfect weekend in Bristol. To start with a booked a private double room for me and my partner. That was booked and confirmed 3 months ago and although I had an email confirming that they did not have any register of my book and no rooms available neither and ended up putting us in a room for 12 people. That was already bad enough but staff wasnt particularly friendly and the facilities were so dirty and poorly maintained.

• 8th Aug 2015

I for one had a excellent moment in this place. The localisation, the facilities, the atmosphere and charm of the hostel matching the city were awesome. Staff nice, nay friendly and helpful anytime. I definitely recommend this hostel and come back.

I went to Bristol Balloon Fiesta and I only need a place to stay for one night. It is okay and there is not much you can ask for.

Pretty grubby place IMO. Good stuff , pretty good location. Has flies and a decent bar but common room is gross.

My biggest problem was that the hostel was filled mostly with people who are trying to find a job and thus basically live there. They all knew eachother and talked in their own language in groups. They had this nice huge kitchen, but I felt uncomfortable being a stranger among the weekly guests. The rooms are okay. Some showers are almost too hot and you need to push them every other second. The location is very good.

Great.. ^_*

• 2nd Aug 2015

Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. My only grievances are Wifi wasn't great and the dorm room and showers stank!

Perfect location, close to city center and coach station. Clean, dorms are ok. A bit noisy during the night. No breakfast included but free coffee/tea/marmalade in the morning and there is a huge kitchen. Toilets and showers are a bit broken. Staff ok but a bit disorganized.

Is a good hostel and has very good social area's. Beer downstairs was expensive though. Only issue was it raining heavily so our fourth friend couldn't make it as they cancelled bus services from London and we called at 5:30 pm as soon as we knew but they weren't willing to offer a refund or at least a discount on our next booking as it wasn't 24 hours notice. I know its their policy but I've missed out on nights at other hostels and always been refunded when circumstances such as these arise.

The hostel was fairly easy to find. The room I was in smelt and had a mini tornado of bugs floating around the middle when I get there. The laundry was also out of action. Wifi was fairly strong in the room and showers were fairly good though some of the push button showers weren't very sensitive. You basically had to hold it down.

This was my first time staying in a hostel, ever. So, I have little to compare it with outside of my imagination and other reviews and anecdotes that I have read. That said, I was very impressed. I definitely got my 15 pounds worth. Friendly staff, good accommodations, clean toilets, comfortable and clean bed. What more could one ask for? Didn't use the kitchen at all, so I can't comment. Loved the plethora of places to plug in devices. Wifi was a bit dodgy; that's my only criticism.

• 21st Jul 2015

Can get a bit noisy due to location, but has friendly and lively staff, and is definitely good value for money.

• 20th Jul 2015