Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great hostel in the heart of Bristol. Really close to a lot of major street art pieces, and situated comfortably to be able to walk anywhere in town. Big hostel with lots of space, comfy beds and huge kitchen. Highly recommend!

The doors don't lock properly and the staff didn't tell me. But they are aware of it. Strangers came in the room and stole my suitcase with all my cloths. That was the most terrible holidays in my life. I got my nights for free but that doesn't make it better.

• 1st Jun 2014

The bad things: only 4 plugs in a room for 12 people. The are people living there permanently and they are hostile to travelers. Good things: Location. and free ping pong table. For the price you would expect breakfast.

The staff were very nice and the location could not have been better.

Very loud at night, although I was previously warned and they do have ear plugs available at the front desk. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean.

Stayed only 1 night for a local gig. The hostel is HUGE. Very spacious. The best kitchen i've ever seen in a hostel. It's a weekday so there's no noise from the downstairs Bowling place.

While I did read the advance warning that the hostel can be loud at the weekends, I was not prepared for just how loud it actually was. The music from downstairs, combined with people arriving back from it meant that sleeping wasn't really possible until after 4am. If you're looking for a party hostel, then this won't be a problem as otherwise the place was quite nice.

Stayed in 4-bed room as I wanted quiet nights without middle-of-the-night arrivals waking me, and thankfully got that. However windows were sealed so it was warm at night (this was start of may). Only the duvet cover was necessary, Also, curtains couldn't be closed properly so the light streamed in - make sure to bring an eyecover! Aside from that I couldn't really complain. Central locaton, plenty of toilets, excellent showers, decent price, lovely staff, bar below. Not bad at all!

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were very helpful.

1 2 3 Next » last »