Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Smelly rooms and very noisy hostel due to the bar next door

The staff made up for a couple of problems with excellent customer service.

Hostel was ok, staff were friendly especially the night staff (one in particular but I can't remember his name- think he was French though?!) Rooms don't have private lockers so if you would like to have something locked away you need to ask reception to put it into a special room. Bathrooms were ok.. Wouldn't go in without your flip flips on though and would only go in the bathroom to the right of the stairs.

This hostel was secure, clean and friendly. I don't know why some people have said it's not clean because it definitely was when I was there and I used the showers, toilet and kitchen. Crisp, clean cotton sheets, a proper duvet (!) and a privacy panel at the end of the bunk were also good points. Re: noise. Yes it's noisy, but I don't feel like the hostel lie in anyway about this. They make it very clear that it's on top of a club. I slept fine and my room was closest to the club!

• 7th Mar 2015

Well, what to say? I've been living in this hostel for almost 2 months while trying to build a life in Bristol so I got to know it pretty well. The atmosphere is amazing, you can truly meet people open to share something of their lives with you and who, after a while, might even become your new family abroad. My 4 months life experience wouldn't have been the same outside this place. Definitely recommended for either a long or short term stay in Bristol. Thank you Rock N Bowl!

I slept one night at Rock n Bowl, and I would repeat. Very good atmosphere !! All we needed were there . Entertainment. Beds comfortable. Unfortunately , I found the room where I have been too much brightly to sleep and extremely noisy on the morning. Otherwise, I widely advise this Hostel ;)

The location of the hostel is very good, but this is all. It was not very clean, I didn't feel safe and the rooms were dirty, as well as the beds and the bathrooms. I had sleepless nights since there is the bar under the hostel which is too loud even with ear plugs there was no chance to get to sleep till 3 am. It wasn't a nice experience. Spent nights in better hostels where I paid even less. :/

1 2 3 Next » last »