Rock N Bowl Hostel Reviews

22 Nelson Street, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great hostel if you don't care about sleep! Venue vibrates the whole building and is extremely loud. Facility's are okay... Showers are on a 20 second timer and completely suck! Staff are all rude, wouldn't recommend staying here for more than 2 nights, I stayed for 5. Place is full of a much older crowd, so being 20, it was hard to socialise.

Good facilities. No lockers. Push button showers but some genius has devised a cable tie contraption to hold them on so that was ok. Hostel was almost entirely long term residents so had a pretty bad atmosphere for people travelling. Without long term residents this hostel has the potential to be really good, but wouldn't recommend.

Friendly services

The receptionist was really friendly and even walked me all the way to the room, showing me everything on the way. Beds where clean and comfortable, I really like that they had shoe cabinets outside of the rooms. If they added slippers it would have even better :) Toilet cleanliness was as to be expected in a big hostel... Didn't have time to use facilities, but they looked good.

Good hostel with large kitchen, to many foreigners but its a hostel after all.

Kitchen and lounge are nice, but the rest could do with a good refurb. Electrical showers, run down washrooms and the room I was staying in (4-bed dorm) was rather bleak. They do have these cages underneath the beds for your luggage, however, there was only one you could lock as the others were broken. No reading lights, no USB chargers, etc. Cheap, sure, and reasonably clean, but really nothing to write home about.

Probably the best hostel I´ve been to. Super nice atmosphere, large common areas, quality wifi, good facilities, nice rooms, and plenty of natural light. I loved it (and I tend to be a harsh critic)

Good location. Showers were a bit annoying with you having to press the button every 10 seconds or so. Staff were friendly. Good common area and met some great people. Beds were good. Great jam sessions downstairs in the bar. Would stay here again if I came to bristol

We were offered ear plugs when we first got there - there was loud music from the bar below which was okay but a lot of slamming doors all night which kept us both awake. The room was too hot but opening the window made it more noisy. Otherwise, the facilities and location were good.

Pretty decent hostel with good facilities (huge kitchen). Comfy beds too.

We only stayed one night here, so we didn't get to see much. The people in our dorm were friendly and polite, though it was a bit crowded in there. Bathrooms were lacking and didn't feel very clean. Plus, the toilets didn't seem to flush well. Common area looked social, and the group down there was having a good time, but we didn't get to hang out with them since we were so tired. Kitchen seemed clean, and it's attached to a bowling alley, so that's cool.

Good hostel, cheap. The only problem is the pub downstairs with loud music during nightime.

Very decent. Provided good spot for s weekend away. Bowling and bar were bonus

A really good looking hostel in a great building!

I was only there for one night. Staff was helpful. Though it was noisy at night.

Enjoyed my brief stay. Good location . Dorm was clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Will be back.

The staff were lovely, it was quite busy when we stayed because it was in easter holidays but myself and my two friends managed to get a room together nonetheless. Room was clean, there were cages for each persons bag but not huge ones- only fitted my rucksack in, any other bag may have been a problem. System with the key cards was good and functional and made the place seem a lot safer.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Quite a hike from the train station though if you don't use public transport, and a little bit pricey. Beds were amazing, and the showers are numerous and clean. Staff was really friendly, and the guy who checked me in even recognized me later in the evening while out in the city.

- Showers had little to no hot water. They were in constant demand in the mornings, and as toilets and showers were combined it meant even going to the bathroom required a lengthy wait or travel to another floor. Showers also had a button that had to be pressed approximately every 5 seconds to keep the water flowing - Often the toilets were filthy. I did not feel comfortable using them. - After you check out the staff are not willing to let you stay in the common room even just for an hour.

Smelly rooms and very noisy hostel due to the bar next door