Fabulous 703 Total Reviews
Fabulous 703 Total Reviews
Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Located at 1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua.
New Zealand
Rotorua Bay of Plenty 3015 1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua
89% 703
-38.1380040 176.2524660
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 25-30
11th May 2016

Def recommend this hostel! Good location. Clean, really good kitchen, nice common areas and laundry is only $2!

• Sweden, All Female Group, 18-24
7th May 2016

Perfect in almost every aspect! Really helpful staff, a lot of space and good facilities. Almost too big - it gets a bit uncozy.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th May 2016

Great hostel with great staff, very helpful!! Good location as well. Was able to walk anywhere I wanted to go. Thanks for a great experience in Rotorura!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016

Spot on. Amazing value for money as the location is right in the centre, it's very clean and secure. Beds had their own lights which is handy

27th Apr 2016

I loved the bbq available for use; I was due for a steak the evening I arrived. There were grocery stores nearby. I enjoyed my stay. Lockers would be a nice addition.

• USA, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

This place was beyond cool, the rock climbing downstairs with a bar made for fun evenings in. Restaurants were footsteps away,l. Staff were so friendly. Bedroom suite was awesome!

• Canada, Female, 41+
25th Apr 2016

To be fair, we didn't use the facilities beyond our room. We went to the Maori cultural night and then had a quick breakfast out the next day before we left early in the day. The hostel was within walking distance of a lot of things and the staff was cheerful and friendly. The room itself was clean. I would love to see it updated.

21st Apr 2016

EXCELLENT hostel. Clean, large, and well resourced. There were areas for socialising and being on your own. I had a lot of reservation issues and the staff were a little passive aggressive, but they did work with me, and I'm glad I stayed at Rock Solid.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2016

Good location and very clean. Lack of hooks in the bedrooms made in difficult to hang towels to dry. My door was propped open by a cleaner when I popped out the room for 5 minutes, as I knew I was the only person in my room at that point I hadn't locked away my bag, so was a little disappointed by this lack of security. Overall though, good hostel.

• SaraEnglehart4881
  • USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

Ended up having the 4 bed dorm room to myself but there were individual lockers in the room which was great. Everything was very clean and staff was friendly. There were individual lights for each bed which was cool too.