Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Stayed in over 30 hostels and this one is right up there with the best if them. Genuinely friendly staff, clean, has an Xbox table tennis and pool table. Good location too. And dirt cheap. I could stay there for the rest of my life

Our favourite hostel in New Zealand! Staff were incredible, always on hand to help out and even made the effort to learn our names during our stay. Facilities are great and kitchen is lovely and clean. Free unlimited wifi which is always a bonus and a rarity in NZ. Good selection of DVDs for an evening. Thank you for making our time in Rotorua so wonderful.

Good YH, nothing really to add

Was a great stay and awesome atmosphere. Plenty of comfortable area to hangout and free wifi is a big plus. Only complaint was the guy in my room who kept going to the sulfur hot springs and coming back to stink up the room. I would definitely stay here again!

• 17th May 2015

For those of you who cook, the kitchen is amazing and clean. For the neat freaks, there is a professional staff who comes in ever day to clean. Overall, a great stay. We stayed in rotorua an extra day because we were having such a good time. Awesome!

Best hostel I've stayed at so far! Very secure with 3 sets of doors to get into our room, spacious kitchen and a fab climbing wall!

Was a great experience, the staff was a lot of help in dealing with the different pamphlets and tours for Hobbiton and the geothermal park. DO the Black Water Rafting Waitomo Cave tour! Expensive, but one of the coolest things I did for my time in NZ. But Rock Solid, was a good hostel in Rotorua, and very close to food places/grocery store. Overall good experience.

Excellent hostel, would stay there again! Wifi unlimited but coverage only in the lobby, clean showers and quiet at night.

Great place, recommended. Nice staff and a good room, clean bathroom :)

Could have done with a few computers

Fantastic hostel. Best I've stayed at in NZ. Really welcoming and friendly. Very clean, good kitchens, lots of nice common areas. Would recommend unreservedly. Thanks to Barry for helping so much with bookings - there's so much to do around Rotorua! Wish I'd had longer than 4 nights.

Cool hostel with a view of the climbing wall from the lobby and a movie watching area with DVDs. The top bunk is sooo high up and no railing I was a bit scared of falling off. Very very secure with 2 doors before entering and a pass code. The wifi is a bit spotty and slow but unlimited which is rare in NZ

loved the hostel! very spacious! big kitchen, big common room, comfortable beds, but the upper bunk bed in our room didn't have protection for not falling out of bed at night. helpful and friendly staff

I spent 3 nights here. Very friendly and helpful staff, they answered the many questions I had ;) Very central location, close to the tourist office, big supermarket and bars. The rooms are nice, with a big locker next to every bed. Spacious kitchen, nice common area. Another good thing is even though it's got 3 floors, there are no stairs. The only downside is that there's only one washing machine and dryer for the whole hostel.

Great hostel. we stayed in the newly refurbished double with en suite and it was excellent. Would definitely stay there again!!

Excellent hostel, really welcoming, great facilities, helpful. Highly recommend

What a great hostel! So far the best place where you can stay in New Zealand! The owners are such nice people, always smiling and helpful! The hostel is great with modern equipements, really clean, and it has a free pool and tennis table! The beds are made of wood, so it's not noisy, everyone has its own light and the rooms have a good reasonable size! Helpful staff if you need anything! I would definitely recommend Rock Solid! I really enjoyed my stay :)

• 18th Apr 2015

Amazing! A place i really enjoyed! Loved the internet! I wished i could have stay longer.

• 17th Apr 2015

Stayed here for three nights with friends and had a great time. Very helpful and courteous staff, and the luge and zorbing are only a short bus journey away. Free wifi, clean kitchen and comfortable lounge area, I would definitely stay again.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

I'm actually gonna give this hostel a 100% perfect review! First of all, due to something wrong with the booking system, they actually were fully booked. But the extremely friendly and helpful staff managed to get me a bed to sleep after all. Great facilities and really clean. Location in the center of Rotorua and extreme value for money. Last but not least, unlimited QUALITY wifi. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5