Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Stayed here for three nights with friends and had a great time. Very helpful and courteous staff, and the luge and zorbing are only a short bus journey away. Free wifi, clean kitchen and comfortable lounge area, I would definitely stay again.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Amazing! But to short. Thanks a lot.

Nice hostel, good kitchen, liked the ping pong table. Internet wasn't working on level 1 which was annoying.

Rock Solid was, by far, the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. In fact, it was cleaner and more modern than my college dorms. I felt very comfortable and I was especially impressed with how friendly and helpful the staff were. It was a nice change from my previous hostel experiences. I would definitely come back!

• 5th Apr 2015

The staff was super helpful.

Nice place to stay. Really enjoyed the free towel and wifi. Was missing windows with outdoor views in the kitchen and lounge rooms. They were only windows to te climbing hall. The climbing hall was to warm for serious climbing.

Really good quality hostel for the very low price. Would come again.

Sione and Julia at reception were awesome friendly as! Best hostel I've stayed at. And I've stayed at plenty! clean and comfortable. Very good for meeting people and the free pool table and WiFi just make it even better! I'd always stay here when going to rotarua. Do urself a favour. Choose rock solid!

Best hostel NZ, 10/10 would stay again

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

I contacted the hostel front desk staff the next morning (the night staff was closed at 9pm) and let them know that there were numerous spiders above my bed, including numerous old spider webs and dead spider shells after they had molted. Pretty disgusting. Needless to say, I did not sleep well. I feel bad leaving an average rating for the staff because the front desk staff was very nice, but I have to give an average rating based on the cleaning staff's job.

A really good hostel. Great free facilities in the common area including a pool table, table tennis, and a TV/Xbox 360. The hostel also has unlimited wifi (a rare treat in New Zealand!). The front desk staff were friendly and helpful with suggesting activities around Rotorua. The hostel was also very reasonably priced.

Very good hostel, very cheap and they have a lot of things to do, pool, ping pong, xbox and a huge climbing wall in the middle of the hostel. One of the best I've stayed at.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

My mates and I only stayed here for one night, but wished that we could stay at this hostel much longer. Vanessa, who worked at the front desk was so friendly and humorous. She had excellent suggestions on what we could do in the short time we had in Rotorua and also had discount vouchers for a ton of activities near by. The rooms were clean and spacious with individual lockers and the bathrooms were well kept. WiFi, a pool table & a ping pong table + cinema all available for free :D

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Guyana
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice common area, great location near i-site, very easy to get The tour buses. nice bathrooms. Not enough plugs in The room, no bed lights. Very very noisy. You can hear the doors all the time. And too many doors to get in. Not easy when you have your hands busy. Nice movie area in The basement and big kitchen. Ridiculous sign in The kitchen saying "clean after yourself or we will take out the coffee and spices" - no threat needed! No smoking area, only on The street. Amazingly great bed sheets.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Very clean, modern and cool. Nice and friendly staff! Free herbs and spices in the kitchen, as well as complimentary tea and coffe. Good location in the central of Rotorua. Cosy lounge areas to hang out in with comfy sofas and bean bags. Free WiFi! Also free use of a selection of DVD's and X-Box games. And all lounges had a view over the climbingwall. Loved it!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

The room and facilities (kitchen and toilets) were very clean and big. The hostel is centrally located. Bed light, good storage space in the room and at the reception, unlimited free WiFi, tea bags and coffee for breakfast. Through the hostel great discount are available for activities among which the Maori village Tamaki and the Te Puia museum, both worth to visit once in Rotorua. Very helpful staff. Thanks Hayley for your professional welcome in the Hostel.

Rooms are bare and uncomfortable bed, but other than that, excellent.

Super great hostel! Location and price was amazing, they were very helpful with booking and getting discounts. My only complaint was with a couple rude guests, no problem with the actual hostel.

Great place to stay in rotorua - staff are lovely, wifi connection is great, would go back anytime.

Stayed there one night. Climbing walls and free wifi were awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5