Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

It is a nice facility and has good location. It is a party hostel and quite loud so do not stay here if you want rest. There are also a lot of locked doors you have to remember codes and keys for. Also very strict check in and out policies (does not allow let check in)

Best hostel I have stayed at!! Super fresh kitchen and good drinking policy :)

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Sweden

Had a private room, every door slams shut could not sleep at all, echoing hallways -not recommend if you want a good sleep. TV in level 1 lounge for guests to use was horrible, watching a movie with 10 random guests and staff had music so loud you couldn't even watch a movie, poor set up and inconsiderate staff considering we are paying guests, could have had the courtesy to turn music down so houseguests could hear the movie, very poor set up. Not worth the higher cost, would never go back.

Everything was really clean but I didn't like that they 'punish' their costumers when they don't leave everything clean with taking away the things they have to use in the kitchen. The wall is really cool, the smell in the city was a bit strong for me and I think the room need more ventilation. Also there is just one bathroom in the entire building for women even if it has a lot of toilets and showers I always had to go to another floor to take a shower or go to the toilet.

Great hostel. Clean and spacious rooms with a very good kitchen too. Plenty of free wifi and extra facilities. Would definitely stay again!

Good wifi, great location, helpful staff, comfy beds and big rooms. Not enough toilets but the wifi was good.

Great place with great people. Position and rooms are very good.

this is one of the best big hostels i ever stayed. I love the climbing rock in the hostel, i spent lots of time there and i enjoyed every second.

Bathrooms weren't as clean as I would have liked. Quite a few spiderwebs. No complaints otherwise. Nice place to spend a few nights.

A great place. Clean, modern and really relaxed. It was a great stop.

Unfortunately our stay at the backpackers wasn't the best. I booked all beds in a four bedroom mixed dorm despite there being only three of us because we were up early and needed a good nights sleep. We were put in room 109 opposite the kitchen. The rules of the hostel regarding noise aren't enforced and therefore not followed. Twice i went out and asked the people playing the music to firstly turn it off then to maybe leave the kitchen for the lounge. Finally got to sleep at 1am.

• 30th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Clean, awesome location, quiet when you want it to be, comfy beds, 2 GB wifi/day free... All good. Only complaint is the lack of outlets/power points in the rooms. There was a swath of extension cords running through the room but nothing to help out those in top bunks!

Fine hostel, no problems although the parking is misleading, only 90mins parking outside the hostel on the main street, the hostel itself doesn't have parking even though it is advertised. Parking is a couple of streets away in the public free parking.

It was not clean ...neither room nor kitchen nor bathrooms. Cheap and good location as a plus.

Nice hostel with great kitchen facilities and well organized rooms and good lounge. Although it's missing a personal touch and the atmosphere is quite busy, it's a nice and clean hostel and a good place to find friends.

This was a great hostel, the security was great and the room was nice.

There were great touches around the hostel to continuously keep me engaged; the little signs made an impression and I won't easily forget Rock Solid. And the fact that you could watch climbers attempt the rock climbing wall during a rainy day was a great form of entertainment.

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at in New Zealand! Really spacious, great kitchen facilities, loads of free wifi, central location, ramps instead of stairs (it used to be a shopping mall, makes it much easier if you have a wheelie backpack!) and a perfect view of the attached climbing wall! The only negative was that staying on the top floor I had to walk quite far to the ladies' showers.

Reception guy was excellent, able to give us all the information we wanted efficiently with a friendly welcoming manner. Room was clean and facilities very good.

• 10th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

This is almost the best backpacker I ever stay at! I definitely recommend it : it's clean, really well located, made for meeting everybody else and it's just well done ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4