Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay at Rock Solid. They have a friendly and helpful staff, with a great communal lounge and a massive communal kitchen with everything you need to cook and store your stuff for a longer stay. The toilets and stuff are cleaned every morning, and there's a laundry facility on site as well. All in all, one of the best Hostels i've been to!

Basic facilities, ladies bathroom could do with bring chrcked/cleaned more regularly i.e. thr bin. Some helpful staff, others not. the common area locking at 10pm kills the vibe a bit. The WiFi is patchy.

Iam working in high class hospitality for about 15 years and I meet people that love what they are doing very rarely! Vanessa and Barry put all their energie in this hostel and thats what you see and feel! All the tie a friendly smile and they ask if everything ist all right (not the set phrase- serious ment) and if they can change something or help- THEY DO! The kitchen ist really good stuffed with everything you need and for me it was always so great to find it so clean!!!!AMAZING STAY

Great Staff. Great location

I usually don't waste my time rating hostels but this one definitely deserves one. I've been travelling for 8 months around Australia and New Zealand and this has been by far the best hostel I've ever slept in. It's clean, safe (every bed has a wardrobe with locker), well located and the staff is amazing. It has EVERYTHING I need, it felt like I was in a Hotel and not in a Hostel. I was in a 8 beds dorm and there was enough room for everyone. The best.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great place, great people!

The hostel with the best staff!!! The girl in the reception helped me to book a tour to the volcanic park at last minute, also she had a great knowledge and the other guy was really nice too. I really enjoyed staying here; perhaps the security is a bit too much, but If I ever go back to Rotorua, I will stay here at Rock solid again. Thank you!

Great hostel. Helpful staff, good facilities and top security

The hostel was right in the middle of the town, making it really convenient and accessible. Staff was really helpful as well and kitchen was well maintained and clean. Would definitely stay here again

We stayed at Rock Solid Backpackers for just under two weeks and it was Brilliant. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the owners, Barry and Vanessa were so lovely. Everything was very clean and the facilities were great too . Free Wi-Fi was really good and you get plenty of it. We have nothing bad to say about this hostel and we will definitely be back again!! Loved it!!

One of the best hostels Ive ever stayed in! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the facilities were excellent. The kitchen was always very clean with a lot of pans, plates, cups etc. Even free herbs and spices! The plunge area was a great space with plenty available to entertain anyone and overall this place was crazy cheap! It just shows how a hostel doesn't have to be expensive to provide a lot to backpackers.

Great stay at this awesome backpackers! Comfy beds (many single beds as opposed to bunk) an massive lockers for security. Location is fabulous too. If I had to be nit picky- the common areas get very cold in the winter season I stayed in, and the bathrooms were freezing! But small price to pay for an otherwise great hostel. One suggestion would be to provide powdered milk with the free tea and coffee you provide :)

The staff was really nice and helpful which it was a nice welcome to Rotorua. Some improvements could be made in the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

Great hostel and the staff is really nice. Very clean facilities and rooms, very confy beds as well and the heaters are appreciated! I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for an hostel in rotorua.

• 23rd Jun 2015

I think that this is the best hostel i have stayed in New Zealand. Really clean, friendly stuff, great price. If you come to Rotorua this is the hostel you should stay at!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Best hostel i stayed so far. Very fast 2gb internet, free pingpong and Billiards, clean and comfortable. Only small cons, there could be mor power socets in rooms.

Great customer service, fantastic facilities all very clean, 2 security doors plus locked Room and large lockable lockers so very secure. Lots to do in hostel, Xbox movies table tennis pool table. The hostel is in great central location, and you can get lots discounts on stuff around Rotorua for example I used a discount on the Polynesian Spa

• 12th Jun 2015

excellent lounges, excellent tea & coffee, everyone is friendly.

Great hostel. The dealt with our specific situation immediately and helped us, telling us what to do next. Thanks so much

• 10th Jun 2015

fantastic hostel. has a rock climbing facility downstairs. julia, the receptionist was super friendly and helpful in recommending activities to see and do. first hostel i went to in NZ which provided free wifi! (all the others charged). great location. highly recommended

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6