Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Nice common area, great location near i-site, very easy to get The tour buses. nice bathrooms. Not enough plugs in The room, no bed lights. Very very noisy. You can hear the doors all the time. And too many doors to get in. Not easy when you have your hands busy. Nice movie area in The basement and big kitchen. Ridiculous sign in The kitchen saying "clean after yourself or we will take out the coffee and spices" - no threat needed! No smoking area, only on The street. Amazingly great bed sheets.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Very clean, modern and cool. Nice and friendly staff! Free herbs and spices in the kitchen, as well as complimentary tea and coffe. Good location in the central of Rotorua. Cosy lounge areas to hang out in with comfy sofas and bean bags. Free WiFi! Also free use of a selection of DVD's and X-Box games. And all lounges had a view over the climbingwall. Loved it!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

The room and facilities (kitchen and toilets) were very clean and big. The hostel is centrally located. Bed light, good storage space in the room and at the reception, unlimited free WiFi, tea bags and coffee for breakfast. Through the hostel great discount are available for activities among which the Maori village Tamaki and the Te Puia museum, both worth to visit once in Rotorua. Very helpful staff. Thanks Hayley for your professional welcome in the Hostel.

Rooms are bare and uncomfortable bed, but other than that, excellent.

Super great hostel! Location and price was amazing, they were very helpful with booking and getting discounts. My only complaint was with a couple rude guests, no problem with the actual hostel.

• 13th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in rotorua - staff are lovely, wifi connection is great, would go back anytime.

Stayed there one night. Climbing walls and free wifi were awesome.

I can honestly say that this is so far my favourite hostel I have stayed at in NZ :) . The staff were all so friendly and helpful (especially Sione, Vanessa, Lorne and Jason) and the accommodation was very clean and comfortable and had a great atmosphere x

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Wales

We had a wonderful stay at Rock Solid. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful not just with hostel stuff but also with giving us information about activities to do around town. I felt very secure there and I felt that my stuff was safe and protected. They had good measures for keeping unwanted people out of the room area and had a lot of things to do in the lounge if you wanted to chill and have fun. The room was also very clean and well-maintained. Highly Recommended!!

Rock Solid is a great hostel with a fully equipped kitchen, nice dorms and clean bathrooms. The lounge area is fantastic, which adds to the atmosphere. Free wifi works in the whole building and there is a bunch of activities that the friendly staff can sort you out with. The building feels secure, even if the number of doors and keys is a bit overwhelming. I'd definitely recommend it!

We had a decent stay at Rock Solid backpackers, marred by some clever person stealing our fridge bag and then compounded by a member of staff responding to this with "oh, thats a shame". Cheap and cheerful, stayed in better and worse.

My favorite hostel I've stayed in so far in NZ! Great staff and atmosphere. Met a lot of cool people and had an awesome laidback vibe. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Very good, friendly staff.

• 28th Feb 2015

The staff was very helpful in helping us make reservations. It was well located to downtown Rotorua and the building was very secure. I thought the hostel itself lacked character and the room was cramped.

Very friendly & welcoming staff, great lounge area. Would have preferred my top bunk to have a barrier on the side.

Best hostel I've been in so far in New Zeeland! It's clean, spacey and there's lots to do with your spare time. The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is great, met lots of people here. Sione in the reception awesome! I would definitely recommend this hostel, hope I can come back soon!

A professional and friendly staff, a huge kitchen and a clean room. I enjoyed my stay. Never had 3 keys door code before; this place seems to be very secure ;-) Sadly I didn't have the time to go climbing at the wall.

the owners were great, however the other staff left a lot to be desired. Not very helpful and had no idea about much of anything. There was only one tiny convection oven which started smoking and was taken away, very inconvenient. Mostly clean although the carpets could do with a solid vacuum and shampoo and the showers need a good old scrub but it was bareable for a few days. Great area and at a great cost.

Had a great time staying in this hostel, very friendly staff. I was travelling alone so the staff engaging, even introduced me to other people staying at the hostel as well as recommended places to see. Very clean hostel with lockers in rooms, spacious and well maintained kitchen with a nice communal area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4