Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

If you are travelling to Rotorua this is a no brainer, I met more than one group that had changed hostels to come here.

wonderful! staff absolutely lovely and super helpful. lots of space to hang out, big kitchen and dining area, and free wifi.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

If you are stopping in Rotorua, stop here. It is a well thought out place with good staff in a good location.

The hostel's staff were very friend and accommodating. The hosel itself was very clean and homey. The rock climbing wall downstairs was also an added bonus!

• 14th Aug 2015

Great place to stay. Staff really helpful and friendly! Facilities are very good!

Ended up extending my trip by 3 nights which says it all! Great central location which offered fantastic value for money and a very sociable place to stay. The staff were extremely helpful with planning my activities, especially Sione.

Best hostel in NZ. Staff was very helpful, super clean and organized. Good common area to meet other travelers plus there's a rock climbing wall.

A great place to stay in the centre of staff. All the staff are very friendly and knowledgable about things to do in Rotorua. Facilities are great.

Not clean. Bathroom facilities questionable, and the whole building smells slightly unpleasant. Very big so lots of interesting people staying there, and well equipped kitchen facilities and common room. Primary redeeming feature is a respectable climbing wall integrated into the building, cheap rates. Lots of different graded roped climbs although bouldering area average at best. Great if you enjoy indoor climbing, but otherwise underwhelming.

Really good hostel, with great facilities, clean and in the centre of town

I really enjoyed my stay at Rock Solid. They have a friendly and helpful staff, with a great communal lounge and a massive communal kitchen with everything you need to cook and store your stuff for a longer stay. The toilets and stuff are cleaned every morning, and there's a laundry facility on site as well. All in all, one of the best Hostels i've been to!

Basic facilities, ladies bathroom could do with bring chrcked/cleaned more regularly i.e. thr bin. Some helpful staff, others not. the common area locking at 10pm kills the vibe a bit. The WiFi is patchy.

Iam working in high class hospitality for about 15 years and I meet people that love what they are doing very rarely! Vanessa and Barry put all their energie in this hostel and thats what you see and feel! All the tie a friendly smile and they ask if everything ist all right (not the set phrase- serious ment) and if they can change something or help- THEY DO! The kitchen ist really good stuffed with everything you need and for me it was always so great to find it so clean!!!!AMAZING STAY

Great Staff. Great location

I usually don't waste my time rating hostels but this one definitely deserves one. I've been travelling for 8 months around Australia and New Zealand and this has been by far the best hostel I've ever slept in. It's clean, safe (every bed has a wardrobe with locker), well located and the staff is amazing. It has EVERYTHING I need, it felt like I was in a Hotel and not in a Hostel. I was in a 8 beds dorm and there was enough room for everyone. The best.

• 17th Jul 2015

Great place, great people!

The hostel with the best staff!!! The girl in the reception helped me to book a tour to the volcanic park at last minute, also she had a great knowledge and the other guy was really nice too. I really enjoyed staying here; perhaps the security is a bit too much, but If I ever go back to Rotorua, I will stay here at Rock solid again. Thank you!

Great hostel. Helpful staff, good facilities and top security

The hostel was right in the middle of the town, making it really convenient and accessible. Staff was really helpful as well and kitchen was well maintained and clean. Would definitely stay here again

We stayed at Rock Solid Backpackers for just under two weeks and it was Brilliant. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the owners, Barry and Vanessa were so lovely. Everything was very clean and the facilities were great too . Free Wi-Fi was really good and you get plenty of it. We have nothing bad to say about this hostel and we will definitely be back again!! Loved it!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5