Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

Great place. Reasonable price. Secure- possibly over secure! Great staff and facilities. Clean as a whistle. Everything you need in a hostel.

The vibe of the hostel wasn't very personable. Maybe it was too large of a hostel for my taste. There were no planned evening activites as far as I was aware. I think that could help.

Good hostel, well located, clean and nice staff.

I LOVED it! It's clean, everyone's friendly, the rooms are good (I was in a 4-bed dorm). They have a pool table, a big tv to watch movies, the kitchen is great for cooking (just try to start cooking before everybody else does, then you'll be perfectly fine) and so on. I've stayed in a lot of different hostels before and this one was the best. We even had big cupboards/wardrobes in our rooms! I've never seen that in a hostel before.

Love this hostel! This was my second stay here and everything was great.

This is the third time that i stayed in rock solid because i LOVE IT! I have been travelling in both islands and stay in lots of backpackers and this is one of my top five!! The staffs really lovely and all the facilities are awesome!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in a long time. Good service and great amenities and location, I will miss this place!

Really cool place to stay. Very clean. Great beds. Good staff. Close to everthing

We were really happy with the quality of service we received from the staff and how nice the room was. We only stayed for a the night but the kitchen and entertainment looked really good, especially the common room, climbing wall and cinema. The room was excellent, very comfy beds, en-suite was of a good standard and clean. Towels were also provided which was great. There were lots of great activities and trips advertised in the hostel too.

• 8th Nov 2015

This was probably my favourite hostel I've stayed in so far in NZ. The 2gb wifi per night always worked well and was great compared to others! I was in a 8 bed dorm which was big and every person has a big locker for their stuff! The communal areas were great and really sociable and the staff friendly. All in all I would recommend staying here and have been doing so to my friends.

Rock solid is a quieter hostel, if partying is not really your thing, I'd recommend this place. Compared to a Nomads or a Base, it's a haven! You're pretty much guaranteed a good night's sleep. The staff are friendly and eager to help, and a comfy reception area with fast, free wifi, a huge TV, an Xbox and a table tennis table makes this place a good spot to chill out. A cinema downstairs and a rock climbing wall make this one of the best appointed hostels I've stayed in.

Very central hostel. Having a locker in the room is great (one for each guest, big enough to put your whole backpack in). 2GB free internet per day, which is plenty, and works well. Reason why I'll look for another hostel if in Rotorua again is the kitchen, which has nowhere near enough cutlery, pans, etc., meaning you always have to wait for others to finish. Most tables are only for two people, so not easy to get chatting to others.

Good hostel all round but real lack of atmosphere, probably due to the size. Great kitchen, good beds and good showers

Staff is rude and not caring.

Loved this hostel had lots to do very helpful staff close to most things you need very cheap amazing beds for the price very clean and modern amazing kitchen!

The Rock Solid was a great place to stay! Super secure building and very clean. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I would completely recommend staying here!

Highly recommended to fellow travelers😊 very happy with my experience with Rock Solid.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Best hostel I have been to in the world! Very friendly and helpful, inexpensive, and close to everything. Definitely coming back here!

• 24th Oct 2015

Nice staff, nice atmosphere. Everything was cleaned. Good place to stay when you wanna walk around the city and go to the thermal park.

This is by far one of my favorite hostels do far the people, the staff and the building ate absolutely awesome. Plus the 2GB of wifi a day make this place a star. If i wasn't travelling i would never leave!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4