Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ Reviews

1140 Hinemoa street, Downtown rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand

One of the best hostels Ive ever stayed in! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the facilities were excellent. The kitchen was always very clean with a lot of pans, plates, cups etc. Even free herbs and spices! The plunge area was a great space with plenty available to entertain anyone and overall this place was crazy cheap! It just shows how a hostel doesn't have to be expensive to provide a lot to backpackers.

Great stay at this awesome backpackers! Comfy beds (many single beds as opposed to bunk) an massive lockers for security. Location is fabulous too. If I had to be nit picky- the common areas get very cold in the winter season I stayed in, and the bathrooms were freezing! But small price to pay for an otherwise great hostel. One suggestion would be to provide powdered milk with the free tea and coffee you provide :)

Great hostel and the staff is really nice. Very clean facilities and rooms, very confy beds as well and the heaters are appreciated! I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for an hostel in rotorua.

• 23rd Jun 2015

I think that this is the best hostel i have stayed in New Zealand. Really clean, friendly stuff, great price. If you come to Rotorua this is the hostel you should stay at!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Best hostel i stayed so far. Very fast 2gb internet, free pingpong and Billiards, clean and comfortable. Only small cons, there could be mor power socets in rooms.

Great customer service, fantastic facilities all very clean, 2 security doors plus locked Room and large lockable lockers so very secure. Lots to do in hostel, Xbox movies table tennis pool table. The hostel is in great central location, and you can get lots discounts on stuff around Rotorua for example I used a discount on the Polynesian Spa

• 12th Jun 2015

excellent lounges, excellent tea & coffee, everyone is friendly.

Great hostel. The dealt with our specific situation immediately and helped us, telling us what to do next. Thanks so much

• 10th Jun 2015

fantastic hostel. has a rock climbing facility downstairs. julia, the receptionist was super friendly and helpful in recommending activities to see and do. first hostel i went to in NZ which provided free wifi! (all the others charged). great location. highly recommended

I loved staying there! It was very clean and well organized. All the people working there was very friendly and willing to help, even if you ask tons of questions they answer with a smile. Awesome place, I'll come back for sure!

• 30th May 2015
  • Mexico

Great Hostel, with very good Facilities. Lots of showers and toilets. The bedrooms are only accessible by a password and a key locked door. 1Gb per day of accommodation is the icing on the cake.

Have been travelling for 6 months now. This is definitely one of the best hostels where I've been. Got an upgrade when I arrived! Kitchen is really good and they clean it every day. Beds are really comfi and there are big lockers in the rooms. Free (limited 2GB) wifi. Needed some more for uploading my pics. Staff is very helpfull. Thanks for this all!

Located in the middle of Rotorua, feels very safe with a thousands of door codes and keys ;) . Building is a bit older and pretty cold, they tried to make it at least look warmer with a bit of color (loved the green of the kitchen, ceramic glass cooktops that are fully electronic!), but the rooms aren't comfortable looking, beds are OK. Staff was great and helpful!

Little home away from home :) Fantastic people, great hostel and only 2 min from the bus stop! I loved my time there. Actually the cosiest hostel I ve stayed in in this country. Big rooms, free wifi and a big clean kitchen. Thanks so much Rock-solid-team, you rock! :)

• 25th May 2015

My favorite hostel in New Zealand so far, glad I extended my stay. You guys hiring?

Stayed in over 30 hostels and this one is right up there with the best if them. Genuinely friendly staff, clean, has an Xbox table tennis and pool table. Good location too. And dirt cheap. I could stay there for the rest of my life

Very clean and nice staff.

Our favourite hostel in New Zealand! Staff were incredible, always on hand to help out and even made the effort to learn our names during our stay. Facilities are great and kitchen is lovely and clean. Free unlimited wifi which is always a bonus and a rarity in NZ. Good selection of DVDs for an evening. Thank you for making our time in Rotorua so wonderful.

Good YH, nothing really to add

Was a great stay and awesome atmosphere. Plenty of comfortable area to hangout and free wifi is a big plus. Only complaint was the guy in my room who kept going to the sulfur hot springs and coming back to stink up the room. I would definitely stay here again!

• 17th May 2015