Rock'n'Hostel Reviews

Av. Alberto Bins, 954, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Old apartment that is now a hostel. The owners are really nice and helpful. Minus: The front door to the apartment us locked and you always need to wait for someone to let you out. Felt a bit like in a cage to be honest. The common room is blocked by what appears to be one if the owner's father, watching sports. Location is very good though and price/value is ok too.

Stopped over in POA on the way to Florianopolis. Place was situated well in the city close to the bus station. City guides and tourism were v helpful! Hostel only has one bathroom which wasn't ideal but cleanliness was above average. Staff v accommodating and welcoming and we enjoyed our stay despite the rating because we had the five bed to ourselves (10? bed looked a bit cramped) and the people we met. Great bars in POA to explore. It's essentially a 3 bedroom apartment turned hostel.

Very good hostel this one, a little difficult to find as it doesn't provide directions from the bus terminal but once you've found it it's in a good location. The rooms were clean, the staff were helpful, overa very impressed. Not a huge amount of atmosphere but I was there out of season, so overall no complaints really. Highly recommended.

Rock n hostel wad a great base for the world cup. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Good showers and breakfast, homely vibe. Would definitely go back.

Very friendly and I would stay here again should I end up in Porto Alegre. It's a bit small and the little kitchen gets busy during breakfast! It's only 10 minutes walk to the bus terminal, there's plenty of shops and a supermarket near by and the park is only up the road. The city itself isn't very pleasant but this place is like a diamond in the rough. Staff are so welcoming and helpful, they give you a map at check in and show you all the different things to go and have a look at. Recommended

They have a very handsome and polite Uruguayan guy Diego who cleans the kitchen all the time. This was the only hostel in South America I´ve stayed where it was not unpleasant to use the kitchen. Also the hostel´s young landlady is very pleasant and friendly. The hostel has a perfect location for a short visit to Porto Alegre because it is very close both to the city center and the bus station.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Russia

I choose the hostel because its close to the railroad station. Its not so clean and dont have lockers in the room I dont lime it

You can't come in or go out from the hostel without help of staff.Everytime you have to ring the bell and someone comes to open the doors (there are two doors.One is for the apartment the other is for the entrance of the building) Poor atsmosphere.Not recommend more than 1 night.

Small and cozy hostel, with a familiar environment. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good beds, breakfast and shower. Good value for money.

When I got there, I was trying to get inside for 15 minutes, but there was no one to answer the door bell. In consequence, I had to find some other place to spend a night. That was the first time it happened to me. Very disappointed.

Great hostel.

Really nice little family run hostel, feels like you're in an apartment making it a good base to head out to and from each day, the owners are also very friendly.It's a 5minute walk from the bus station and a 15minute walk from Redenção park & the bars and restaurants in cidade Baixa. At night time we were advised by our friends who live locally that we would need to take taxis home as it is not as safe when it's dark, however the hostel itself feels extremely safe. Good kitchen facilities.

Such a nice hostel! The owner and his family are so nice and welcoming. They help you in any way they can. A easy walk from the bus station. A relaxed and small hostel! Recommend it.

Lovely staff and warm environment

Only stayed one night, but close to what we needed (supermarket, and bus station). Was a small hostel, and did the job.

It's a little hostel: you don't go there to have plantly of people to talk with. The position is pretty miserable, if you want to go out at night (after 21) you will definitely want to use a taxi. Other than that it is good: the staff is nice and the structure is average but well cleaned

The staff is really nice! I recommend this hostel!

Staff was super nice, the place was clean, breakfast was good, shower was hot, internet worked fine, they had adapters for my U.S. plugs... The only negative I can think of is that you can only do #2 in one of the bathrooms... sometimes I dont want to wait to do #2, you know what I mean?

It's a great hostel! The nice staff are always available to help. I recommend the hostel to everybody. Be careful with the neighborhood when arriving at night.

Everything was perfect, maybe just a big sign outside the hostel so it can be easier to find it, but everything perfect

View all Porto Alegre Hostels