Rock'n'Hostel Reviews

Av. Alberto Bins, 954, Porto Alegre, Brazil

They have a very handsome and polite Uruguayan guy Diego who cleans the kitchen all the time. This was the only hostel in South America I´ve stayed where it was not unpleasant to use the kitchen. Also the hostel´s young landlady is very pleasant and friendly. The hostel has a perfect location for a short visit to Porto Alegre because it is very close both to the city center and the bus station.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Russia

I choose the hostel because its close to the railroad station. Its not so clean and dont have lockers in the room I dont lime it

You can't come in or go out from the hostel without help of staff.Everytime you have to ring the bell and someone comes to open the doors (there are two doors.One is for the apartment the other is for the entrance of the building) Poor atsmosphere.Not recommend more than 1 night.

Small and cozy hostel, with a familiar environment. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good beds, breakfast and shower. Good value for money.

When I got there, I was trying to get inside for 15 minutes, but there was no one to answer the door bell. In consequence, I had to find some other place to spend a night. That was the first time it happened to me. Very disappointed.

Great hostel.

Really nice little family run hostel, feels like you're in an apartment making it a good base to head out to and from each day, the owners are also very friendly.It's a 5minute walk from the bus station and a 15minute walk from Redenção park & the bars and restaurants in cidade Baixa. At night time we were advised by our friends who live locally that we would need to take taxis home as it is not as safe when it's dark, however the hostel itself feels extremely safe. Good kitchen facilities.

Such a nice hostel! The owner and his family are so nice and welcoming. They help you in any way they can. A easy walk from the bus station. A relaxed and small hostel! Recommend it.

Lovely staff and warm environment

Only stayed one night, but close to what we needed (supermarket, and bus station). Was a small hostel, and did the job.

It's a little hostel: you don't go there to have plantly of people to talk with. The position is pretty miserable, if you want to go out at night (after 21) you will definitely want to use a taxi. Other than that it is good: the staff is nice and the structure is average but well cleaned

The staff is really nice! I recommend this hostel!

Staff was super nice, the place was clean, breakfast was good, shower was hot, internet worked fine, they had adapters for my U.S. plugs... The only negative I can think of is that you can only do #2 in one of the bathrooms... sometimes I dont want to wait to do #2, you know what I mean?

It's a great hostel! The nice staff are always available to help. I recommend the hostel to everybody. Be careful with the neighborhood when arriving at night.

Everything was perfect, maybe just a big sign outside the hostel so it can be easier to find it, but everything perfect

Nice people; as well as the staff as the travelers. Nice kitchen and living room. Comfy balcony and good beds!

nice hostel, very nice staff and a good location.

Nice, cozy hostel with great location.

Perfect for a stop off on your way up, or down. Located very close to the bus station, just 5 mins walk

Awesome staff. Couldn't ask for more! Location is not the best and you have to take a taxi to return to the hostel after midnight but that is the general rule for most big cities of Brazil.

View all Porto Alegre Hostels