Rockhampton Backpackers YHA Reviews

60 macfarlane street, north rockhampton, Rockhampton, Australia

A bit out of the towncentre, but as a stopover from Airlie Beach to Rockhampton it was a nice place to chill out! Not that much to do in Rocky, but the lady from the hostel was very helpful and kind and gave some good information about what to do. Also the pickup from/to the Greyhound busstation is a big plus!

its good to stay their . its value of money what I paid .I am happy . I will stay again when ever I got chance to come over their .

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • India

Hostel is better than I expected. Good TV room with nice sofa. Pick up and drop off service to greyhound bus terminal. Free wifi. Staff drove us to rodeo show (only Wednesday

Absolute the best, clean and complete kitchen I've seen so far, actually the most cleanest and complete hostel so far, also in small things like a big mirror in the bathroom and a mirror in the room, showers whit actual hot water al the time and and hard enough to get the shampoo out of long hair, nice cauches everywhere, dvd player that works. Super kind staff, right in the middle of two shopping centre's so you can walk to both of them, relaxing tv room, very relaxing and nice atmosphere.

Nice place, friendly staff, pick-ups and drop-offs to greyhound great as it's quite a way out of the city centre.

Too expensive for the location!

• 6th Oct 2014

The roster Ozzy was excellent, have totally attention and references... Highly recommend 👍

• 3rd Oct 2014

I only stayed for one night, so I can't really judge. The staff was really nice and obliging. They would even drop us off when we wanted to go to the rodeo in the evening. The rooms werre clean but there were only two lockers for 4 people and our window was broken, so that we couldn't really close it.

great service and a polite and helpful staff

Everything was nice and clean which is not always the case with backpacker resorts! Some staff were lovely but a couple of not so friendly ones. Location is poor and busses in Rockhampton stop early so if you are out for the night expect a long walk home! I met a couple of great people there so not all bad :)

Awesome to find a place where you can feel at home! Aussie, the owner and operator is so easy going and helpful I always felt like a guest rather than a customer. The courtesy bus is a huge help and the kitchen is well equipped with everything you need. The movie room is perfect to chill out and have a chat with fellow travelers. I'd not only stay here again but go out of my way to do so.

I very much enjoyed my stay in Rockhampton yha. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. Free wifi and free pickup from the bus.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Free Wifi was a plus

Room was a prefab so a bit chilly but clean and secure. Free bus collection and drop off a massive plus, plenty of food options in the area.

• 30th Jun 2014