Rocky Mountain Hotel Reviews

Main Street, Petra, 71810, Petra, Jordan

We only stayed here for one night but everything was very good. Very nice breakfast especially. Nice views. I guess it was a little far away from the main attraction Petr but I understand the hotel provides transport. This however was not an issue for us since had our own car which I would recommend when touring jordan, super easy to drive Jordan (except Amman!) Only down point was a gouge out of the door of our private room meaning that you could see in.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a 5 mins drive from the Visitors Centre and up high (thus the amazing view). Yes, we do provide transportation - 2 free shuttles down in the morning and 2 back at night). If you miss the shuttles it is a 3 JD taxi ride (and PLENTY of taxis available). Re: the door - we changed the lock last week and I think the gauge must have happened at this stage so thanks for letting me know - we will fix it. Regards Jane

FANTASTIC PLACE! I couldn't have been more satisfied with my stay. The staff were incredibly polite, courteous, and helpful. The view from the balcony was beautiful, as you can see in the picture. It was also nice to have a free breakfast in the morning. I would HIGHLY recommend this place as it's one of the best places I've ever stayed. This place was quite easy for me to rate 100% to be honest. Thank you so much to the staff for making sure we had such a great stay! Cheers!

Great value. Nice and simple place with an amazing view.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Lebanon

Absolutely fantastic view of Wadi Musa from the rooftop terrace, and the breakfast was amazing! Our hostess Jane was very friendly, and eager to help us get the best out of our adventuring in Petra. Jane seems to know a lot about the various trails, and gave us some great advice on where to go. The room was clean and comfortable, though most of our time was spent on the roof with the view. Also, there was always hot tea and coffee at the ready on the roof terrace, which was a nice comfort.

• 24th Mar 2015

Breakfast area really cold in the morning. Not too many choices on the menu. The hot water is on schedule, so if you don't get into the room in time for the shower, you have to wait until next day, or until you reach your next destination.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great rooftop terrace, almost no fellow visitors were there during our stay. That made a weird athmosphere and I was a bit worried about the quality of the food due to low turnover. Worries were not justified. Food was ok. Great view from the room across Wadi Musa and Petra, hotel is quite far away from entrance to Petra and the city center. I imagine the place to be much better when livelier. I would stay there again.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Thought I should mention our free shuttle service - there are 2 free shuttles down to Petra at 7.30am and 8.30am. There are also return shuttles at 5pm and 6pm. If you miss the shuttles it is a 3 JD taxi ride (and there are plenty of taxis). If you prefer to walk down, it is 25 minutes.

Very friendly hosts. The room was very confortable and warm. Dinner and breakfast were very good. Lunchboxes are very useful to visit Petra! Thank you very much for making our trip better!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Portugal

I enjoyed my stay at Rocky Mountain very much. Jane is very nice and helpful. She gave me all the informations i asked for and even more. They have a very nice oriental style terrace, where you can relax and they also serve breakfast there.

the english lady runs the hotel know s everything,i meant really everything,the location is a bit far from petra ,but they have free shuttle taxi in n out,bacony is a great place to c sunset,do not take the little petra tour ,nothing to c dere really,u need to buy 2 days ticket for big petra,unless u r iron man.had a great time at tis hotel.

Has heating and hot water which in winter in jordan is a great advantage!

Amazing place to stay if you want to stay in Petra. We where snowed inn, Jane and her husband did everything they could to make us feel at home, kept us warm and offered graet maels. We highly recommend this hotel.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I have nothing but good thing to say about my stay at the Rocky Mountain Hotel. I arrived from Amman a bit sick with a cold and this appeared the perfect place to slow down and recover. Beautiful views over the Wadi Musa valley, a cosy roof top lounge with all the coffee and tea you please, a friendly playful cat, lovely Bedouin food buffets at night, a free shuttle service to the park entrance, a kiwi hotel owner with a sense of humor, all made this an outstanding hostel experience in Jordan.

← Back to search results