Roger's House Reviews

Juan de Bilbao 13 3�, San Sebastian, Spain

The staff was very nice! Javier was really helpful and went out of his way to help us. He recommended the best places to eat and even walked us to the bus station to make sure we didn't have any trouble. The man deserves a raise! The first room we were in didn't lock properly, so anyone could open it and we weren't able to switch rooms until the next day. It also was a very small room that should be for 2 people max, not 3.

It's a small hostel, but with an excellent location. it's in the old town just next to all the right places to eat and drink. Also, I was surprised but the balcony of my room opened to Plaza de la Constitucion. It was one of the numbered balconies. Very historic. The days that I was in San Sebastian, there were hardly any other people in the hostel. So, it's hard to say about the atmosphere. Also, I felt the bathrooms were a bit small.

the location feels underground but that is not bad. The beds are my main complaint, as they could be actual matresses amd have maybe new sheets. Feels more like a refugee site. The bathrooms are just impossible to be in, extremely small.

I had a nice time there and the hosts at the hostel are really nice.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I had a GREAT stay here! The location is excellent, and some of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks a former bull fighting arena (I lucked out and was randomly placed in one of those spaces, so if you're interested you should ask!). Kitchen facilities are good, beds are comfortable, wifi is decent, showers are ok (there are 3, 2 of which there is limited privacy for changing space), staff is excellent. I would stay here again and definitely recommend it!

The hostel was clean and great for people with a car. They claim you can access this hostel with a bus. YOU CANNOT, unless you are an avid hiker. This is not located anywhere near San Sebastian, the location is not even on the tourist map. The staff was dismissive and rude. If you have a car: Beautiful scenery around and quite clean with an ok resturant.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The hostel is in great location, the staff are helpful, but there is no real common area which makes it hard to have a great atmosphere. The hostel is quite basic with small rooms, 2 showers, and a small kitchen. But there are lockers and reception 24/7 which makes you feel more secure.

Great location, right in the middle of old town

• 30th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

There is something likeable about Roger's House, despite the fact it is pretty small, and it offers only basic facilities, I enjoyed my stay here, however it would be so much better if it had less beds in the rooms, and there was a common area that you could hang out in, or perhaps extend the Kitchen. Location is amazing!

great hostel in a great location in the old town, 5 mins from the beach by foot. Only problem is bathroom and shower facilities. there is a long wait to have a shower in the mornings.

A very welcoming hostel in the heart of the old town. I was there during senana grande- not your average week, so prices were up and activities were different to normal. It is a small hostel with a small common area, but still managed to create a positive atmosphere thanks to the staff. As a solo traveller, I found it easy to meet people. Did the organised dinner which was great, and a surf lesson thru the hostel. Comfortable beds but no PowerPoint next to your bed. Staff were spot on!

A good place in san sebastian. I made friends and everyone wants to party and have a good time here bc its san sebastian. Ppl usually end up extending their stay here so prepare yourself for that just in case. Otherwise the hostel is nice, a little crowded at times, and the rec room is a little bit too small.. I also got bed bugs but i was the only one that did at least when i was there, and thats also a risk at any hostel i suppose. Try it out! San sebastian is a beautiful city.

Great location in the old town and five minutes from the playa de la concha. Small hostel with rather small rooms. Functional. Friendly staff. There is a pub crawl a couple times a week organized by the hostel, however it was cancelled while we were there.

• 26th Jul 2014