Roger's House Reviews

Juan de Bilbao 13 3�, San Sebastian, Spain

The staff was very nice! Javier was really helpful and went out of his way to help us. He recommended the best places to eat and even walked us to the bus station to make sure we didn't have any trouble. The man deserves a raise! The first room we were in didn't lock properly, so anyone could open it and we weren't able to switch rooms until the next day. It also was a very small room that should be for 2 people max, not 3.

It's a small hostel, but with an excellent location. it's in the old town just next to all the right places to eat and drink. Also, I was surprised but the balcony of my room opened to Plaza de la Constitucion. It was one of the numbered balconies. Very historic. The days that I was in San Sebastian, there were hardly any other people in the hostel. So, it's hard to say about the atmosphere. Also, I felt the bathrooms were a bit small.

the location feels underground but that is not bad. The beds are my main complaint, as they could be actual matresses amd have maybe new sheets. Feels more like a refugee site. The bathrooms are just impossible to be in, extremely small.

I had a nice time there and the hosts at the hostel are really nice.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I had a GREAT stay here! The location is excellent, and some of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks a former bull fighting arena (I lucked out and was randomly placed in one of those spaces, so if you're interested you should ask!). Kitchen facilities are good, beds are comfortable, wifi is decent, showers are ok (there are 3, 2 of which there is limited privacy for changing space), staff is excellent. I would stay here again and definitely recommend it!

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts