Roger's House Reviews

Juan de Bilbao 13 3�, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain

Staff at Roger's house are terrific and make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. There is a kitchen that has all you need to make a delicious meal if you don't feel like eating out at one of the many restaurants just on the doorstep. The hostel is in a good location and makes it easy to get around San Sebastian.

Very small hostel in a very good location. Staff were helpful but doing some construction while we were there which was really loud and frustrating.

Great experience! You guys, made my trip. Travelling on your own sometimes makes you feel lonely, but not in the Roger's House. Really felt like Roger's is my own home. Incredibly friendly atmoshpere. Muchas Gracias to all the staff, who helped me out with a million of problems, and answered to all my questions. Wish I had more time. Hasta Luego. Promise to come back very soon!

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Russia

I stayed in a room with 3 beds. The room was tiny. There was no place for my luggage. The other folks who booked the room did not show up and i was able to place my things on their vacant beds. One of the staff members was nice, but very loud. Watched videos on his computer with the volume very high. The whole place was a bit noisy actually and there was only 4 guests in the entire place. Wifi works great. Access to kitchen. Free tea and toast.

Great location right in the middle of the old town, with lots of pintxos bars around the area. The hostel itself is along a quiet street so it's peaceful at night. (There are notices to remind people that it is not a party place.) Staffs and fellow roommates were friendly and I felt like living in someone's home. If I return to San Sebastian I will stay here again.

really fun hostel, great staff who will cook you dinner!!

Awesome hostel, definitely recommend it!

Roger's House is a very pleasant place. And the staff, the best of Donostia. See you later, fellas!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricky to find because it is located on the upper floor of an apartment building, luckily one of the staff was walking past and spotted some confused looking foreigners on the street! They emphasize quiet hours and take it seriously. Awesome if you want an affordable, friendly, relaxing place to sleep. They are super accommodating with bags and payment if there is a problem. I'd definitely return! Thank you Roger's House!

• 16th Nov 2013

Nice and friendly staff. We had our own locker for private things. Few showers for many guests. The showers didn't have a place where you could lay your clothes.

very helpful staff.

Except that we found our room door open because someone from the staff entered to check something and then forget to close it, and that the towels they gave us were very smelly, the rest was ok. Good value for money, I guess. Good for travellers on a budget, but I'd look for something better next time.

When we entered our room, we met some Canadians who were nice to us but, later that night, they came back to the hostel and they were very drunk. They woke us up and they didn't stop talking. We told them to quit, but they wouldn't. Moreover, one of them was feeling very sick because of the alcohol and he was farting and burping all night long. A really disgusting situation. We know that this is not the hostel's fault, but we felt the need to tell you about our experience at Roger's.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Spain

Really friendly. I really enjoyed my stay, the staff were so helpful and made awesome paella. I would really recommend staying here, it's one of the best hostels I've stayed in at that price

The hostel is in an old building but in a wonderful location in the middle of the old city. The beds are pretty simple and there are huge lockers to keep you bag safe, which is great. However, I had a horrible last night because my roommates arrived drunk in the middle of the night, started talking loud and making noises and I wasn't able to sleep all night. The staff came to tell them to lower the voice, but they didn't.

This hostel is simple and gets the job done. It's located in the old quarter (Parte Vieja) so it's pretty close to a lot of stuff and near bars. I stayed in the triple room, it was just fine. Showers were fine as were bathrooms. There was a small common area in with around 6-8 chairs, couple small tables, fridge and kitchen, etc. Coffee, tea, bread, and milk were included, WiFi too. It's the no-frills hostel option. Not super social since it's kinda small, but I still found some people.

• 26th Oct 2013

The staff was very relaxed and friendly and made me feel at home. The hostel is tiny, however, and there are a lot of people sharing the small kitchen--theres no common room--so it gets uncomfortably crowded. The hostel is also located in a very noisy area of town so expect to hear people talking and yelling outside until three or four in the morning. I liked the staff but in the future I would choose to pay less to stay somewhere a little quieter.

• 21st Oct 2013