Roger's House Reviews

Juan de Bilbao 13 3�, San Sebastian, Spain

the location feels underground but that is not bad. The beds are my main complaint, as they could be actual matresses amd have maybe new sheets. Feels more like a refugee site. The bathrooms are just impossible to be in, extremely small.

I had a nice time there and the hosts at the hostel are really nice.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

I had a GREAT stay here! The location is excellent, and some of the rooms have a balcony that overlooks a former bull fighting arena (I lucked out and was randomly placed in one of those spaces, so if you're interested you should ask!). Kitchen facilities are good, beds are comfortable, wifi is decent, showers are ok (there are 3, 2 of which there is limited privacy for changing space), staff is excellent. I would stay here again and definitely recommend it!

The hostel is in great location, the staff are helpful, but there is no real common area which makes it hard to have a great atmosphere. The hostel is quite basic with small rooms, 2 showers, and a small kitchen. But there are lockers and reception 24/7 which makes you feel more secure.

Great location, right in the middle of old town

• 30th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

There is something likeable about Roger's House, despite the fact it is pretty small, and it offers only basic facilities, I enjoyed my stay here, however it would be so much better if it had less beds in the rooms, and there was a common area that you could hang out in, or perhaps extend the Kitchen. Location is amazing!

great hostel in a great location in the old town, 5 mins from the beach by foot. Only problem is bathroom and shower facilities. there is a long wait to have a shower in the mornings.

A very welcoming hostel in the heart of the old town. I was there during senana grande- not your average week, so prices were up and activities were different to normal. It is a small hostel with a small common area, but still managed to create a positive atmosphere thanks to the staff. As a solo traveller, I found it easy to meet people. Did the organised dinner which was great, and a surf lesson thru the hostel. Comfortable beds but no PowerPoint next to your bed. Staff were spot on!

A good place in san sebastian. I made friends and everyone wants to party and have a good time here bc its san sebastian. Ppl usually end up extending their stay here so prepare yourself for that just in case. Otherwise the hostel is nice, a little crowded at times, and the rec room is a little bit too small.. I also got bed bugs but i was the only one that did at least when i was there, and thats also a risk at any hostel i suppose. Try it out! San sebastian is a beautiful city.

Great location in the old town and five minutes from the playa de la concha. Small hostel with rather small rooms. Functional. Friendly staff. There is a pub crawl a couple times a week organized by the hostel, however it was cancelled while we were there.

• 26th Jul 2014

The location is amazing, on one of the busiest streets of the Old Town. The stuff was helpful and the overall condition of the hostel was good too. My only complain is that there were only 2 electrical sockets in a 6 beds dorm and, since it faced Plaza Constitución, the street noise was high. But other than that everything else was ok.

Pros: awesome location near all the best tapas and bars, you get to know everyone staying as it's quite small, the staff are excellent and help with anything and everything, the beds are comfy, good power points, hot showers, quite clean, good wifi. Cons: the place is tiny! No common area except for a tiny kitchen. It was a shock to me at first but it grew on me. When arriving, it's hard to tell whether you have the right flat unless you know the address. Overall, the staff make this place.

Had a great time. My only regret is that we couldn't go surfing and the staff weren't very helpful about that. I felt like they weren't really bothered bringing us surfing

Roger's house is a small hostel in the old town. It is one of the better hostels in town but is a bit of a shock when coming from new and modern hostels in larger cities. It is in a prime location, surrounded by bars and the beach and there are no curfews. It claims not to be a party hostel but everyone still goes out.. very difficult to sleep on weekends and because the place is small, you hear every noise. The staff were great - make sure you go when Mario makes paella! Would stay here again.

The tiny dorm room was packed with 3 sets of bunks, with one power outlet for 6 people. Nowhere to hang towels, or shelves for top bunks. The beds were so small my ankles and dangled off the end, the mattess was old thin foam, pillow was very old, brown, lumpy and really smelly, sheets were threadbare. Room had no ventilation except the window, where the plaza beyond was extremely loud all day and night, no curtains to block out light. Did not sleep at all.

Though many physical things are "average" about this hostel, the things that really matter were above average- the warm, friendly staff and the positive vibes from fellow backpackers. Great social hang out with a quiet time starting at 2300. Excellent location; go for the group dinner (paella was delicious)! Mario made me a huge batch special tea when I was sick that made me feel better. I'll always remember this place! Met some great people.

Not for families. Our room was 3 double bunk beds, a school locker, and a curtain separating us from the next room. Power was supplied on a 4 socket extension from the next room. The 5 of us also had a room mate. At 40 euros per night per person. Choking.

• 10th Jul 2014

It was absolutely a wonderful experience! :) They are overbooked but they let me stay at the beach hostel San Sebastian and it turned out to be great. Great location, very clean, friendly and helpful staff with social events . And if you want to make your own food, the kitchen is enough for making a proper meal. Highly recommend anyone if you want to meet people and have a good time in San Sebastian !

• 9th Jul 2014
  • China

Staff were awesome, especially our boy Pedro! Bathroom facilities are tight but nothing too dramatic. Killer location, right in the central of all the bars and food. 5 minute walk to the beach. Definately would comeback if we were in San Sebastián again. Taylor, tom, jack Australia!!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really good location and helpful staff! Is a bit expensive for what you get but it was the best hostel we stayed in in San Sebastián.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts