Rolling Stone Hostel Reviews

2a Strade Piatra Mare, Schei, Brasov, Romania

A charming place! The host was really nice, motivated, happy. She helped us to discover everything in Brasov and around. We felt like home. The cat and the dog was really good friend. This is the hostel to be, in Brasov!!!!!😍 Multumesc

• 28th Sep 2015

The receptionist working on the weekend was full of energy and happy to help with recommendations for day trips, hikes, whatever you wanted. I also really enjoyed meeting the resident cat Judy who is very lovable but goes wherever she pleases (including the dorms) possibly an issue for allergy sufferers. The breakfast is very simple (literally just toast with butter and jam and some black tea--no milk) and the lockers are locked two by two with a bicycle lock so not ideal for solo travelers.

Very friendly staff who were quite helpful in arranging day trips to the nearby castles for us. This was the only place we could get a private room as a couple!

The girl who runs the hostel is really friendly and can hook you up on any trip you want! The hostel is really in a great location and its got a nice layout and everything is clean and comfy!

This hostel felt like a home, it had a really good vibe and was comfortable and the staff were so friendly.

A place like home ! All the staff is working to help you organise the best holiday ever, and to create a very warm atmosphere. The kindness of the staff is part of why we liked Brasov so much! The energy and movement here is just amazing ! Thank you!

I had great time in this hostel. Diana and Silvia are very nice and kind girls. They helped me a lot. I would come back there for sure!!

Amazing, lovely staff, clean hostel, one of the best hostels I've stayed in in Europe!!

good location, reasonable price, very simple breakfast

Is further from the main square than we expected but the walk wasn't too bad. Towels weren't supplied. The lady running it was amazing and friendly as were the hostel pets. Our room was amazing and spacious with a beautiful view. The day tour was good.

Not enough showers and the men's was flooded with sick in the sink. People talking and shouting in lounge area just outside dorm. This was until after 5 am in the morning. A few of us went out to ask them to be quiet but one of them became threatening. Tried to find staff but none to be found. Not a good experience at all.

Not enough showers for the amount of beds. Apart from that, great hostel with good atmosphere and really nice staff. (Laundry was way way way too expensive too - 30lai :o).

Nice hostel because of the staff, very nice! But day trip are expensive for the value, the kitchen cant be use after 19h30 (which is ridiculous) and the breakfast is the worst I've seen so far (no coffee, Only white bread with jam and margarin). Its not in My habit to complainte about breakfast, but serioustly this one was so bad. Its feel more like a home than a hostel, people dont really hang out in the living room except to use the wifi who's not working Well in the room or to wait. ok choice

• 22nd Jul 2015

-No information about the breakfast so. Was finished when we woke up. -Reserved a room for a group of 8 not to be disturbed, had to go through a room of 10 people to get into our room (sorry to wake them up when we came back from city) -quite far from center -waited for 20 minutes to see anyone from staff for the ckeck-out (left without doing the check-out finally) -we were pushed to do the organised excursions but didn't have much more info regarding the rest. I wouldn't recommand this one

I think is a good hostel, but not one of my favorite´s. They offer transfers and tours to Brasov, Rasnov, Sighisoara, etc, some of them at reasonable price.

A hostel with a really nice and friendly atmosphere! Although the location is not directly in the centre you can reach everything really fast by foot or bus. The staff is super friendly and helpful, trips that are organized are presented to you, but I didn't feel any pressure to take part. The trip to Castle Bran was cheaper to do on your own, but the trip for the Bear Sanctuary was really good, as it is not easy to reach this place by public transport. Would definitely recommend this to friends

Great staff - very friendly and knowledgeable about local sites. Highly recommend the hostel-run day trip to Rasnov citadel and Bran Castle.

Very Good Place to stay just beside the main square of the old city. Staff and especially Sylvia is very helpful and friendly. One should face no difficulty in looking around the old city staying here.

My least favorite place on a 3 month trip. Really felt like a number here. They throw information at you so fast it seems like they just want to deal with you as little as possible, besides aggressively pushing their day trips. The crowded rooms only added to this feeling.

Nice staff, close to city center!