Roman Holidays Hostel Reviews

Via Volturno 27, Rome, Italy

Staff were excellent, very helpful with everything. 5 min walk to train station and airport shuttle bus. Lift to hostel level

Great location next to the main train station and walking distance to pretty much everything. Rome is a very walkable city with many fountains to fill up your water bottle. WiFi was speedy and they had a kitchen available to use for cooking. Best croissants I've tasted so far during breakfast. Only downside was that the AC didn't really cool the room down that much.

Staff wasn't all that friendly. Came to checkin, or at least leave our bags, around 12 pm and ended up having to wait almost an hour for someone to show up and let us in even though they claim that reception is open all day. Then any questions we asked them they would say "I don't know, I haven't done it". So much for helpful. Other than that, location was really good, everything is walkable (except the vatican city). Croissant for breakfast excellent.

Good hostel overall, It's small repurposed apartments but the staff is great and we met really cool people. Chill and clean, would recommend.

Location was close to the train station but a 20-30 minute walk from most attractions. The common area was isolated from all the rooms, no one seemed to spend time there and it was difficult to interact with other travellers.

My partner and I really loved this place!! Daniel was very kind and helpful on the first day to mark out for us the major attractions, laundry, supermarkets and atms around the place. Although the room was small, it was clean, there was wifi, tv, and everything we needed!! There were even croissants and coffee every morning! We couldn't ask for more, it felt like we had our own place in rome! We loved it! Well done roman holidays!

Awesome hostel! Super clean room, the staff (Daniel and Andrea) are wonderful. Fast wifi, kitchen facilities that are actually useful, bed is made every day! Get the 4 bed dorm and you will not regret it.

Good hostel, a litle small and small rooms, but clean tough... No towels wich is a downer and hard to find because there are no signs at the building and there are heaps of businesses in one place, but that's Rome I guess... Staff was friendly and helpfull but there were no real hostel vibes. Because I travelled with my daughter they gave me a private room instead of a dorm without charging extra so that was nice. All and all happy with my stay there and for Rome probably a good hostel!

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and went above and beyond their job descriptions. We greatly enjoyed their hospitality.

Friendly staff, clean and fairly sized rooms with air conditioning which was a bonus, elevator works at well. Not much of an atmosphere if you're a single traveller.

The hostel was nice and the location was good but the fact that the rooms are separated and the common areas aren't very big makes it a bit difficult to meet people. But all in all I liked it.

Great hostel , it was easy to find and close. To everything. It was smaller which was nice because it allowed for everyone to meet each other.

nice stuff n convenience location, it's great`

• 10th Jul 2014
  • China

Great location, beyond friendly guests and staff, and very clean and tidy throughout. There are lockers and more than enough electrical outlets available in the rooms which is always a plus. The croissants available for breakfast were some of the best I've ever eaten (seriously!). I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel whatsoever!

Great hostel friendly nice staff and a good room size

Roman Holidays was a good place to stay in Rome. It was very close to the main train station but a little further to all of the sites around the city. They gave us a map at check-in along with some tips for the city, which was very helpful. The kitchen was well stocked and clean, the bathroom was tiny with a tiny shower. The breakfast is light, a fresh croissant, with tea and coffee. The room was big and clean with plenty of outlets!

The dorm room for six was very small, overall felt very cramped. The bathroom left the most to be desired, VERY small and not clean. We had to leave the window open over the street because it was so hot, but this let in the loud noises and smells throughout the night. Morning staff came in and were loud in the morning when obviously people were still sleeping. The kitchen was the most advantageous part, including a good selection of dishes, pots, pans and spices.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Roman Holidays Hostel staff were very nice! (side note: hello Daniel! ) I enjoyed my stay here because of the good location and the rooms. I stayed in the 4 person bedroom for 2 nights and it was very clean and there were lockers in the rooms (dont forget own lock). If you are reading this don't hesitate to book with Roman Holidays =)

it's really comfortable for living. Thanks for cooking us pasta!

it was a great stay made by the personel and the backpakers. the location was great about 20 min walk from main sights and near the termini station so if you want to take bus to aeroport or train to other cities . the only thing i find less attractif is that you have to leave the hostel between 10:30 and 14:00 so for people who go out night they can't have enough sleep. Globaly it was a great experience :D

• 25th May 2014