Roman Holidays Hostel Reviews

Via Volturno 27, Rome, Italy

The night receptionist was very helpful and friendly and had no problems with me having to leave the keys to catch a very early flight. Great location and better security and cleanliness than I imagined from a hostel so close to Roma Termini (5-7 minutes away with heavy luggage).

Great place, set up in a hotel. Nice clean rooms and helpful staff. We did have a problem with the hot water but that was the only issue. Located super close to the train station. It was also very quiet at night.

Location was good for us as it was within walking distance of the train/metro station. It has a nice and friendly cafe right next to it for our morning cappuccino. We didn't use the kitchen facilities very much, they were functional but small. Rooms were clean and secure. The staff is what really did it for us. When I was pick pocketed and lost money, credit and debit card, they were very helpful and allowed us to use their phone for 800 calls to close down my accts. G

Really friendly staff and always happy to help you get the best out of Rome.

I stayed in the Roman Holidays Hostel for four nights in the 6-bed dormitory and I really enjoyed the place! Being a small hostel helps the creation of a familiar atmosphere among the guests. The staff was very friendly too. The room and the toilet were clean as well as the kitchen. If you like the simplicity and the idea of meeting new international friends, it's a good place to go into. Very close to the metro and the bus and train station.

• 13th Mar 2014

Normal hostel regarding the price.

It is perfect if you are more into sight seeing, getting an early start, and saving money by cooking in. It is perfectly located though...five minutes walk from Termini train station. And even though some reviews said the area was rough, I never felt that way because it was so busy. Was a little noisy on the street when we had to open the window, but not too bad. The 6 bed dorm only has 4 lockers though. Bring your own lock :-) Staff was great too! Thanks so much!

• 23rd Feb 2014

The staff helped me orient myself in the city and were more than willing to help with anything I asked. They gave recommendations and really tried to make you feel at home. Definitely a cozy place.

Great hostel. Clean, well-appointed, wifi and breakfast. Conveniently situated near the main station with easy transport links to other cities and to both of rome's metro lines. Walking distance from main sights. Friendly and sociable atmosphere with a common room that's like a living room where you can watch tv or chat. The hostel owner cooked us all pasta one night - brilliant!

This hostel is the best! The staff is SUPER NICE, its unbelievable. Its two blocks from Termini, the central station and theres also a supermarket, laundry and the best gelato ever at a 2 minute walk. They offer all types of spices and basic ingredients in the kitchen which is great because then you don't have to buy them from the supermaket. A very nice environment forms around the common room, it was really easy to meet lots of people. Rooms are spacious.

A really good hostel: close to Termini train and bus station, and the 2 tube lines, ideal to join the main attractions. The staff is really nice and helpful; the place is clean and the atmosphere is great: here you can meet many people from all around the world. His "sister" Hostella, a few meters away, has to be recommended too, for female travellers. I really enjoyed my time in Rome, at the Roman Holidays and Hostella.

Located very close to Termini station. A bit far away from attractions by walk(about 20min to Coloseum) but OK. Friendly and helpful staff, and a bit small but clean and tidy room.

good place with a good location

I liked the hostel a lot! The location is perfect, rooms are cleaned everyday, kitchen is well-equipped. I definitely enjoyed my stay and will stay there again during my next visit to Rome.

Very nice staff and excellent location.

Roman Holidays Hostel was miles better than the last place I stayed at in Rome. Crisp clean bedding, workable kitchen, cosy common room (with sports channels!) and the staff... Genuinely nice people. I don't want to get your hopes up but one night I was included in their pasta dinner (thank you!). If ever I'm back in Rome I won't bother looking anywhere else for a bed :)

Location was fantastic! Most staff members were very friendly. Security very good, felt safe and our room was well away from the small common room so it was very quiet of a night time. Rooms and shared bathroom were clean and the shower size / water pressure was great. A pretty quiet hostel, not a great deal of socialising going on but if you are looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep on a budget like us then this place is perfect. I would definitely stay here again when I am next in Rome!

Good chilled environment. Certainly not a party scene but it's a short walk to the yellow if you're after that. Very close to 2 metro stops, the bus station, Termini station which makes getting around very easy. Be careful with your food, or it might get chucked. Good experience.

The location is very good to get where ever you need on underground and foot (if you are up to it) the staff need an attitude check, there is a strong sense of resententment for anyone who can't speak Italian. The only nice staff member was a young lady name starts w A. My room faced the st & we weren't allowed to use a/c! So noise from window was bad! Breakfast is awful, go to bakery downstairs instead. Wifi is ok. Beds need upgrading. A bed & shower is what you get from Roman Holidays.