Roman Holidays Hostel Reviews

Via Volturno 27, Rome, Italy

One of the best hostels in Europe. The staff are so friendly and welcoming, we accidentally booked the wrong night but they were so kind and made room for us anyway.

Really good hostel to stay at if you want somewhere quite just to lay your head down and go out the next day. Clean en suite m. Lockers available in the room. Really nice staff, they gave me a lock to use and give back. Breakfast included but towels have to be hired for 1.5 euros. Location is really good. Away from the dodgey areas of termini. Plenty of good food places to eat nearby and about 20 mins walking from the main attractions. All in all really enjoyed my stay and would defo recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2016

If you haven't stayed in an hostel before this one may be a good start. It has a homely environment. It is made up of different flats. The common area is small but enough to make friends. The rooms and the toilets are clean. The kitchen is small but I went there in low season so it wasn't a problem. The breakfast is consisted of coffee and croissant which were delicious. The location is a bit far away from the main sights but if you want to be near the train station it is a good choice.

駅から近く、綺麗で、スタッフも親切で最高のステイになりました。値段も手頃なのでおすすめです。

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Japan

Absolutely wonderful. Rooms were clean, the lockout from 10-2 rarely took that long and forced you to get out and see the city. Breakfast pastries are a great way to start the day, the common area was comfy. The location is wonderful, not hard to find as long as you're not looking for a big sign, pay attention to the building numbers. Main sights were 20m in any direction, except for the Vatican but it was nothing a 1,50€ for the metro didn't fix. Owners are nice and helpful, I will be back!

• 14th Jan 2016

Had second thoughts when I arrived as the place was quite difficult to find. But the staff really won me over as they were extremely warm and helpful and went the extra mile to make my stay comfortable. They offered me breakfast (although I was there way too early) and took my luggage in so that I could explore the city immediately. It was a charming little place to stay in with en-suite bathrooms and a well-equipped kitchen but it would be nothing without the excellent work done by the staff.

Staff was great. Free breakfast included, croissant coffee tea. Soap was in bathrooms. Kitchen and main living room with TV. Free map. Really close to Termini train station. Walking around the whole city was easily doable--Vatican is about 1hr straight but there's a lot of stuff to see in between, like Trevi fountain, etc. I recommend this hostel.

A team with humanely, his attentions were beyond what I could imagine, knew how to be excellent hosts in extreme cases. A prodigious location. To the staff a big hug from Mexico and Brazil.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Loved this hostel. I studied in Italy for four months and often traveled to new cities on the weekends -this is by far my favorite hostel in Italy and I stayed here three times. It is small and homey, quiet but I also met some great people. Not too far from Termini, it is in a good location for both exploring Rome and for getting to and from the airport or train station.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Stayed here twice, just before Christmas and over New Years. Just a couple blocks from Termini and the metro and very close to some of the best gelaterias in Rome! Staff are very nice, the kitchen is small but has what you need to make meals (which I did a few times). The common area has a big TV to watch Netflix and overall the hostel is pretty quiet. Great social atmosphere despite the small size of the hostel!

Very nice staff, the rooms were very cosy, clean and confortable, kitchen nice to use, the location is very handy so close to Termini Stazione and the center. I love the friendly vibe of a small hostel. My mom and I very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend to any friend or family going to Roma!

• 2nd Dec 2015

Can be confusing finding the hostel as there is no sign outside and it shares the building with two small hotels. Staff were helpful. For example, they found us accommodation for the night when they were fully booked. The hostel is small, spotlessly clean and has a calm atmosphere. Our dormitory had been recently painted. You get a better deal on price and availability if you book through the hostel's own website.

Nice and very basic hostel. The staff is very friendly and its located really close to Termini station, thus is very easy to find. Also is nearby Rome´s major tourist attractions. However there isn't a real atmosphere and facilities in it, so If you´re travelling alone may not be you´re best choice.

Wonderful stay. Easy check in and check out. A tad loud just because of the building structure. Great location. Tad hard to find. (Same door as hotel Cressy, different doorbell). Great common room and a small breakfast. Our bed was actually a pullout couch, so a tad uncomfortable. Otherwise, easy basic hostel for us. Thanks!

Very small hostel with excellent staff. Definitely not a party hostel... There is a small common room, but not many people hang out there. Our room was ensuite with a really nice bathroom. Large lockers big enough for backpacks. Decent kitchen, free pastries in the morning for breakfast. Would stay here again if I were looking for a bit of a quieter hostel in the future.

Nice place to stay close to the train station. I wasn't there for long but Daniel at reception was very nice, answered my questions, gave me a map and showed me where to go. Good to stay close to the train if you have an early flight. I was traveling alone and found it relatively easy to meet people here.

• 29th Sep 2015

Pros: 1. Friendly staff 2. Closer to Roma termini station 3. Free breakfast (croissants and coffee ) 4. Clean rooms and toilets Cons: 1. Bit of walk to major attractions 2. Initially it was harder to figure out the hostel

i do have a pleasant stayed at Roman Holidays. Just forget his name, not mistaken he is the owner, he is a Romanian, he is good and gave lot of helpful information to us.. while the other 2 lady reception on the following days were not. What ever we requested or asked she will said i dont know...!! As a receptionist in the service line, especially in travel line must be friendly and full of information and know the travellers need. I don't mind to stay at Roman Hostel again... Cheers.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Great place in center of the city, very helpful staff, friendly crowd. Would like to stay here if I visit Rome again.

Stayed there for just one night. We had booked for a mixed 5-dorm and got a twin private room instead which was great! Also enjoyed free breakfast. Not so close to city center but close to train and metro station.