Roman Holidays Hostel Reviews

Via Volturno 27, Rome, Italy

Quiet, clean and close to the public transport hub of Rome. The staff were so friendly and helpful - I cannot stress this enough. I was treated with real respect. The kitchen had a good range of equipment to cook with. An excellent supermarket nearby saved me a lot of money. It was easy to walk to the main sites like the Collesseum and the Palatine. The windows had really good double glazing which made the rooms quiet. It had free wi-fi and a cinematic screen in common room. Good coffee too!

• 20th Nov 2014

A most convenient location, in the very heart of all the action and yet, a very quiet location with no street noise. The rooms, kitchen area and common room were all immaculate. I always stay in hostels and Roman Holidays gets an A++++ for effort. Added to that, the staff was delightful - helpful, considerate and genuinely pleasant. Thank you, Roman Holidays, for being such a great host for a terrific price.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Great hostel, clean rooms and incredibly helpful staff!

Has main room and kitchen that provide you whatever you need, even for cooking. Staff are friendly and helpfull. These are the main positive points about our experience. About location it depends, its not really in the center, but near the train station, metro, and also main bus station, were arrives the buses from the airports. 1 shower only. Our room was the worst thing of our stay, instead of a bed we got a sofa converted to a bed, which was unconfortable. I guess we got what we paid for.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at roman holidays. It is a cosy and chill place not far from the centre of Rome. I want to make a special mention of Andrea and Ciprion. They were both extremely helpful, and their hospitality was amazing. They even cooked for us! Andrea also keeps the place spotlessly clean. Cleanest hostel I've stayed in.

This is a wonderful hostel with a friendly staff. They twice shared pasta they made with those of us who were there. The common room is small but cozy and I had some good conversations with guests and hosts. The room was comfortable too. They clean at 10 so you have to be out but shouldn't you be exploring Rome anyway? I am not a partying traveler so I greatly appreciated a quiet hostel. Sometimes those are hard to find in a big city like Rome so this hostel is perfect. Thank you!

We stayed in a private room and it was beyond comfortable and we felt very safe leaving our stuff there during the day! It was a little hard to find but was right down the street from Termani. It really is a hidden gem. The area between downtown and the hostel was a little sketchy at night and not very well lit but right near the hostel was pretty lit. Overall we had a great stay!

• 31st Oct 2014

Very good staff !! Very good room (bed and toilets)! Hostel atmosphere was really great.

• 31st Oct 2014

Staff was really nice. Made us a great Italian dish and the croissants in the morning are delicious. 5 minutes away from terminal.

On friday they cook pasta to everybody, the best icecream in town is 2 blocks away (la romana) and the central station as well.

Way over my expectations. Really nice small hostel with a good common area, decent kitchen and good dorms. An extra plus was the brand new showers, best shower so far! Would definetely recommend this one.

Excellent stay! Staff were helpful and let me use their phone when I needed to sort out some things. Clean room and bathroom attached to share between 5 which was no problem. Great location - close enough to walk to all the main sights. Felt safe and homely.

I enjoyed my stay here, it is within walking distance of almost everything (not the Vatican). 5 minutes from the train station, but the area isn't crowded, there is quite a few restaurants around. The staff was great, I was sitting in the common room one day and the owner was making lunch and offered myself and someone else some. I will stay here again, and recommend it to anyone going to Rome.

Loved my stay!

• 9th Oct 2014

The staff were absolutely amazing and made supper for everyone! Very clean and close to termini!

Great place in an excellent location close to the center and all attractions of Rome. Basic breakfast with croissants, milk, coffee and tea was included (didn't expect that before)

• 30th Sep 2014

Staff were excellent, very helpful with everything. 5 min walk to train station and airport shuttle bus. Lift to hostel level

Great location next to the main train station and walking distance to pretty much everything. Rome is a very walkable city with many fountains to fill up your water bottle. WiFi was speedy and they had a kitchen available to use for cooking. Best croissants I've tasted so far during breakfast. Only downside was that the AC didn't really cool the room down that much.

Staff wasn't all that friendly. Came to checkin, or at least leave our bags, around 12 pm and ended up having to wait almost an hour for someone to show up and let us in even though they claim that reception is open all day. Then any questions we asked them they would say "I don't know, I haven't done it". So much for helpful. Other than that, location was really good, everything is walkable (except the vatican city). Croissant for breakfast excellent.

Good hostel overall, It's small repurposed apartments but the staff is great and we met really cool people. Chill and clean, would recommend.