Rome City Hostel Reviews

Viale Ippocrate 91, Rome, Italy

The instructions made it easy to find the street it was on but then finding the building took us about 10 minutes when it was pretty much right in front of us would help if there was a sign or something so you could find it easier. The rooms were alright, being a girl on the top bunk with no ladder to climb made it difficult getting up and down as I'm not very tall. But it is close to the bus stops which are about 5 minutes from termini (main station) and you can get a bus or train to anywhere!

We really enjoied our stay at Rome City Hostel!! The staff is amazing and really makes you feel like part of the family. We really got to know Gerd very well. The hostel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the train station, and from there you can get anywhere in Rome, even the airport, very easily. There is someone working the front desk 24 hours a day, which is good or security purposes. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Rome.

Very friendly and international environment, nice and open people, We watched the world cup together and we had such a great time!

• 8th Jul 2014

The Best hostel I have stayed at! Awesome service! I recommend everyone who wants to have a good time, meet people and sleep comfortably to stay there :)! Everyone at the front desk was super helpful. It is a small hostel but its an opportunity to meet people from all over the world. super close to the metro which is only 2 stops from the Colosseum.Great breakfast and hot showers! I will stay there again for sure!

very good place,well secured helpful staff,nice breakfast ,and being in university area,prices was really cheap, just across the street there is a nice pizza,and gelato place.

• 2nd Jul 2014

warm welcome, basic informations, basic informations on the city supplied, internet access, good price. what you need more?

• 30th Jun 2014

Nice little hostel in the quite part of town. Little expensive like everything in Rome. Good neighbourhood with lots of shops, pizzeria, etc. The nearest metro is 5-10min walk away. The hostel always had a friendly atmosphere, thanks to the helpful and kind staff. Initially we were concerned about security as rooms were not locked, but nothing really happened. Good breakfast. Flawless wifi. (Just a little note to the owners, that the lower bunk bed has very little space to sit up)

Small but good. It is a little far from all the action. The bus drops you off right outside the door but its like 10 from Termini the opposite way of sights. Staff was nice. Cab company they called for us for the airport sucked. The front desk guy took my reservation paper which was weird.

Good location for Rome. They charge too much for what you get, like everyone in Rome, but the hostel is clean, secure and has a decent kitchen and the showers are hot. The common area is very small for the number of people staying at the hostel, and often felt crowded. However, overall it was a good experience and I'd recommend this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful.

This hostel was formerly an apartment so it was really small. The rooms did not lock and staff kept going in and out of our room (even when we were sleeping) because it was the only way to get to the patio. One of the staff members slept in beds that were empty after people left early in the morning to catch a flight which was really creepy. The free breakfast was good. This hostel was really far away from the city center/attractions, being about an hour walk away.

friendly staff and nice lounge/lobby area. The rooms however, need more individual security through locks on the doors. Anyone can enter anyone else's room

Good location close to Termini, and near the metro stop. Staff are helpful and friendly. Smaller hostel, but has a good atmosphere, and good wifi/ free internet.

Very nice and helpfull staff. There is near a market where you can buy food and make your own food in the kitchen. Breakfeast is small and the location is 1,5 km from city centre.

I loved this hostel. One of my favourites so far in a big backpacking trip. It was more like a little home than a hostel. The place is tiny, but that's what makes it great. Everyone has to sit on the couches and watch TV and chat, and the owner was such a friendly, kind man, the brekky was one of the best I've ever had. Great location near heaps of cheap shops in a university area and good night life nearby. Was very easy to get to all of the main attractions. Definitely would recommend it!

The place is great and at a great price, but what really brings this place to the next level is the excellent staff there. Very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. They included us when they were going to attend an address from the Pope which really gave a special touch to our trip. Thanks!

The hostel is good. The neighbourhood is safe and there are grocery stores, pizzarias and gelaterias around. It's easy to get there from Termini and by metro. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast is good.

I loved it here. Was ok to sleep very helpful staff great place to meet people cause there's no where you can hide. And public transport it's just out side your door

• 13th Jun 2014

This is almost like a "family". If i come back to Roma, Roma City Hostel it's my option. I've just love that place. It's a small Hostel, but i made friend for all my life there.

• 13th Jun 2014

I lived in the room which is connected to the garden, so many people, who are not staying in the room, just pass through the room very often. It just gave me the sense of insecurity, though nothing actually happened there. The breakfast is ample and great. Location a bit far from the sights, but it is just about a 10 minutes bus ride to the main train station. Fair enough! Btw, watch out for your phone and wallet when you are on the bus from the hostel to the train station during peak hour.

We were a group of friends, so we shared a room together. We were very satisfied with our accommodation at Rome City Hostel. Friendly staff and nice and clean rooms. Location could have been better as we had some troubles with getting a bus during night. Night transportation in Rome is not that good. The hostel is around 15 mins to walk from metro. Don't expect a big breakfast. You get cookies, coffee and tea.

• 6th Jun 2014