Rome City Hostel Reviews

Viale Ippocrate 91, Rome, Italy

I had an enjoyable stay, Milan might just be the friendliest and most helpful person I have encountered in my travels.

Smaller than I had thought but clean and friendly nethertheless. Ensuite rooms are a lot larger and cooler than the others. But the staff were friendly and helpful and it was nice and secure. Bus stop right our side and metro five mins away but also pretty nice and easy to walk to the main sites (if you're up for a bit of a stroll!)

Hostel seems to be in a bit of a dodgy area with minimal restaurants etc close by. Walking distance to metro. Staff were reasonably helpful. My dorm room didn't seem to ever get shut or locked. Kitchen and breakfast is great. No aircon which is a bit of an issue in summer.

very helpful staff,nice breakfast

• 17th Aug 2015

The staff (except one person) were hopeless and didn't help us at all. Breakfast wasn't very good and the hostel is a while away from everything. It was very clean and the facilities were everything we needed for a comfotable stay. If the staff had been nicer it would have been much better but I was generally disappointed

• 13th Aug 2015

Confortable beds, spacious bathroom, everything very clean. Basic breakfast, but free so it's good. Lockers for hiring. The owner and the girl in the reception were kind and very helpful, but the guy that stayed during the night was really weird. It's a small place, so easy to make friends, good atmosphere. It's not in the city center but there are buses and the metro (10 minutes walking to this one) to take you there. In the end, it's fine for the price; I'd stay there again.

In all of my travels, I have not met such an awesome staff. I really liked the entire staff, but Joro was the man!

nice and friendly little place,very social and easy to meet people ...

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Very friendly and helpful staff, the receptionist exchanged our broken tyre and dropped us twice at a near-by car service. Definitely recommend (far more than we would have expected by a hostel or even a hotel!) Thanks again!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Very helpful staff that have good information on travel and tourist information. Good atmosphere despite being small with wifi and breakfast included. Close to metro stations and good transport links. Our room was nice with en suite and air conditioning included.

Not a great location considering Rome's limited Metro network, staff were rude and unhelpful. Air con advertised was only allowed on past 10:30pm. Staff randomly slept in the room in the morning and I had stuff stolen. Not good.

even small the place is good and clean,and in the night you can meet lots of people in the common area to have a chat,plenty of food places across the street

• 29th Jul 2015

Good location in the centre and services. I will be back again.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

My journey in Italy was fantastic, also the stay in Rome City Hostel was pleasant.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thanks for the welcome. It was a very nice week end. I really enjoyed my stay. Personnal is nice, place clean and atmosphere perfect. Keep going !

• 24th Jul 2015

The first guy we met was pretty bad at first. There MAY have been a communication problem. But he was rude and mocking me. It seemed he was treating me as though I were really dumb and inexperienced. He wasn't very good at answering my questions. Later we asked for a pub recommendation... He seemed insulting because he explained the concept of an intersection to me like I was a 4 year old. And he didn't seem knowledgable because he didn't know the names of places...everything was better nextdays

ın my opinion,staffs should be more respectful to religion and staffs should come in to room ,which is especially consist of girls, with permission of customer.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

free wi fi, breakfast included in the price. The hostel it's not in a central position, and it is near Tiburtina train station. if you need to stay a few days, it's a cheap solution.

very helpful staff willing to do anything .

• 12th Jul 2015

This is a small hostel, its located by the university area, cheap pizzas (great ones in fact), cheep drinks at the bars near the hostel. There is a metro stop close to the hostel and that makes it easy to get to the coliseum, vatican and other rome attractions; it is also 1Km walk from the termini station (main station). Friendly staff and also clean facilities. My only issue was that the place would get very hot when people where cooking but could've been worse. Id stay there again

« first « Prev 1 2 3