Rome City Hostel Reviews

Viale Ippocrate 91, Rome, Italy

Friendliness and co operation from the staff is very goos especially the Indian guys there.

The staff were fantastic and super helpful! The hostel is directly in front of a bus stop & two blocks from the metro-15 mins from the Colosseum! The wifi was great, beds and bathroom were clean and comfortable, & the breakfast was very nice. The public transportation is easy to use and the staff told us how to navigate so it was easy to access all the main areas & then escape the crowds at night! Also, if on a budget, there are two solid pizza places across the street. I recommend this hostel!

They are in really good location and around with many restaurant

We were supposed to be in a 6 beds dorm, but they put us in a 3 bed, without changing the price, and we were alone most of the time! The staff is great, the place is nice, the breakfast isn't famous, but it passes.

I stayed there just for sleeping at night. The staff (guy from India) is really really kind. People coming there just feels like in their own apartment. :D

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

It's too far away from the center, and you have to walk to get in the metro station. It's cheap, but you have to pay the tax, so at the end it not worth it. The place is really tiny, so the commun area is not confortable and you can listen when the people are from your room.. And also, many times the bathroom was completely soaked and with no toilet paper.

Very helpful and nice staff !! Also very clean,good shower and kitchen. There are computers, printers and whatever you should need !! Recommended big time

Great little hostel very friendly staff . Close to metro and bus stops . Staff went out of their way to make us welcome . Would definitely recommend . Cheers fellas .

Great Staff, they were super helpful and friendly, very welcoming. Have no complaints, would stay here again!

The atmosphere was great & the staff were super friendly & helpful in regards to everything. It is quite far away from the sights but easy enough to get to by train or bus. The shower in our room leaked quite a bit. We also got woken up the first night we stayed by people banging on the door wanting to be let in at 3am but the staff on duty had fallen asleep on the couch & didn't wake up during it. Other than that it was a good stay.

The location for this hostel sucks which can't be changed but the name is misleading. I expected it to be closer to center of the city. Also security was okay, buzz in with a staff member answering the door and I had a personal locker. But I was never given a key to my room. The facilities were fine, nothing special. But breakfast was not very good. Cereal and cookies as well as stale bread. Additionally I feel like I was screwed when I went to pay. Their credit card machine was broken.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff was very nice and very helpful, and it was very much like a family atmosphere! One of the guys got out his guitar and a bunch of people staying at the hostel were hanging out and singing along... Truly memorable experience! There are lots of bathrooms which makes it a lot easier to shower in the morning rush and it's pretty easy to get to the center of Rome from there. Highly recommended to get the most bang for your buck :)

I enjoyed my stay at Rome City Hostel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very clean. The rooms have lockers for security which are big enough to fit a small backpack. The free breakfast is good too. I would really recommend this hostel to anyone, as its a great place to stay and I would stay here again if I return to Rome.

clean rooms and awesome staff

• 11th Oct 2015

The guys at the hostel were so nice and super funny! Made us feel right at home in the city, as well as the hostel. Metro stop is about a five minute walk, about fifteen from the bus station. Clean, small, and quiet, which is exactly what my friends and I were looking for. There's a university right near the hostel, so tons of students around at night, making popular bars and a few places to eat in short walking distance. Would definitely recommend!

The staffs are very nice. They really tried to take care of you.

i like this place,small but nice and clean withh the frendliest and helpful staff ever,the small common area force to talk to others and share information about the city.plenty of food places just across the street ...

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

where do I begin?......the location was far away from everything, everything about it was small, bathroom wasn't clean , didn't offer any tours , restaurant recommendations were bad. so much more but not allowed that many characters. the guy at front was nice tho

• 2nd Oct 2015

nice breakfast and felpful staff ,thanks guys

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Rooms are nice and clean, just only had a 4 point charger for phones etc in a 6 bed room. Staff were friendly enough, but it's run by a family and one day I came back and they had a baby in a stroller resting in the room, without even informing me about it. This hostel does not offer any walking tours which for me was a huge thing as it is a great way to meet new people.