Rome City Hostel Reviews

Viale Ippocrate 91, Rome, Italy

great small cozy hostel. location i s great: quite young neighborhood two subway stops from downtown and main attractions. rooms were very clean, common area and breakfast okay (dont expect great breakfast when you pay $20 a night). Great pizza place right in front of it: a whole pie and a beer $5!! Great stay overall.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Good location close to a metro station and if you don't mind a walk you can walk from the main train station. Small and humble but well equip for all basic needs. Breakfast basic but still good.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • darcyffoster

It's a nice hostel with extremely helpful staff. It's a bit far walking to the center but it is easily accsesable by public transport. I would recommend this hostel for it's staff and it's rooms. Thanks for the great stay guys.

Very nice staff, breakfast is alright. Rooms were nice, clean and tidy

I've spent four nights in RomeCityHostel and this time was really nice. One of the most positive points very careful staff: they will give you helpful advices if you want, they are very flexible about any of your wish etc. Another advantage of the hostel is its location: surrounding shops are quite cheap and it is not so far from the city-center.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Ok for a night - probably wouldn't want to stay much longer. Close to the metro and a really lovely restaurant. Staff were helpful. It's just quite crammed and the facilities are not amazing. Ok if you're in transit as I was

excelent service..thanks guys

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Georgia

Overall not good value for money but Rome is known for this. This place had clean beds and good wifi, but...Security is average and non existent for the room you walk through to the yard. Staff can be awkward and English was not well spoken. The included breakfast was very poor, all prepackeged and cheap. The kitchen is tiny and there isn't much room in the common area/kitchen.

I didn't really like my stay here. I was staying a room that lead to the patio so people constantly came in and out of the room without knocking.I was traveling alone and personally didn't feel comfortable with that. Its location is a bit far from termini. But they have good wifi. It just felt a bit sketch to me with all their employees just entering my room as they pleased.

This was my first trip alone, staying at hostels so I don't have a lot to compare it with, but it was great. Cosy little hostel (22 beds I think) in a student area. 20 minutes walk to the Termini station, and a busstop right in front of the hostel. Cheap food in the neighbourhood and the best hostel guy, staff, man ever. I wanted to stay one more night because I wasn't able to get my train, everything was booked, but i could stay anyway. Little kitchen, even a garden! With swingchair. Perfect :)

• 19th Jul 2014

Rome City was one of the better hostels I have stayed at. The common area is a little on the small side, but the rooms were of decent size, with decent sized lockers. The morning and afternoon staff were awesome as well. The night guy didn't speak much english, but enough to get by. It's about a twenty minute walk from Termini, but completely doable, even with a large sack on your back. Only downside was the mosquitoes in the garden, can't really fault the hostel for it though.

The instructions made it easy to find the street it was on but then finding the building took us about 10 minutes when it was pretty much right in front of us would help if there was a sign or something so you could find it easier. The rooms were alright, being a girl on the top bunk with no ladder to climb made it difficult getting up and down as I'm not very tall. But it is close to the bus stops which are about 5 minutes from termini (main station) and you can get a bus or train to anywhere!

We really enjoied our stay at Rome City Hostel!! The staff is amazing and really makes you feel like part of the family. We really got to know Gerd very well. The hostel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the train station, and from there you can get anywhere in Rome, even the airport, very easily. There is someone working the front desk 24 hours a day, which is good or security purposes. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Rome.

Very friendly and international environment, nice and open people, We watched the world cup together and we had such a great time!

• 8th Jul 2014

I had an excellent stay there. The staff was very friendly and on site 24 hours. The lockers were very big and the free breakfast was good as well. It is a little bit hidden from the Main Street view. A little additional advertising on the front door would be nice! Overall great stay

The Best hostel I have stayed at! Awesome service! I recommend everyone who wants to have a good time, meet people and sleep comfortably to stay there :)! Everyone at the front desk was super helpful. It is a small hostel but its an opportunity to meet people from all over the world. super close to the metro which is only 2 stops from the Colosseum.Great breakfast and hot showers! I will stay there again for sure!

very good place,well secured helpful staff,nice breakfast ,and being in university area,prices was really cheap, just across the street there is a nice pizza,and gelato place.

• 2nd Jul 2014

warm welcome, basic informations, basic informations on the city supplied, internet access, good price. what you need more?

• 30th Jun 2014

Nice little hostel in the quite part of town. Little expensive like everything in Rome. Good neighbourhood with lots of shops, pizzeria, etc. The nearest metro is 5-10min walk away. The hostel always had a friendly atmosphere, thanks to the helpful and kind staff. Initially we were concerned about security as rooms were not locked, but nothing really happened. Good breakfast. Flawless wifi. (Just a little note to the owners, that the lower bunk bed has very little space to sit up)

Small but good. It is a little far from all the action. The bus drops you off right outside the door but its like 10 from Termini the opposite way of sights. Staff was nice. Cab company they called for us for the airport sucked. The front desk guy took my reservation paper which was weird.

« first « Prev 1 2 3