Rome Metropolitan Guesthouse

Very Good 541 Total Reviews

• evesrowland
  • England, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2017

Alessandra was so welcoming and very helpful in telling us where to go to make the most of our trip to Rome. The staff were very chilled out and the hostel had a nice feel. Location is perfect in terms of being right next to the train station however it is very loud outside!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
4.9

Hello, To begin with, there is no one working there, you have to go to the cafe up the road. My room was not ready until 430 pm. Next there was no wifi, the keys for myself and two others girls didn't work for the front door, I was woken up 1 hour before check out by the cleaning lady who walked into my room while I was completely undressed, she did not leave and tried talking to me while I scrambled for clothes. My room door was left unlocked by her while my things remained. Awful time

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Marco was the best! There was a scheduling mishap, but he made up for it by treating us all out to drinks at Cafe Fondi, the coffee bar that is associated with the hostel. Overall a great stay and close location to the Rome Train Terminal and metro stop, so makes traveling around easy! Also the breakfast of a croissant and coffee/drink is great!

• Vietnam, Male, 25-30
25th Jun 2017
5.4

The main problem with this place is Marco - the host. Marco is not very caring about the guests. I think the key reason is he is running a bar/restaurant at the same time and cannot fully focus on the improving the hostel service.

17th Jun 2017

Had a little confusion at the time of check in making me wait outside the building for roughly 2 hours. The hostel is not staffed at all times. I would suggest marking your check in during booking AND follow up with an email. Overall room and facilities were nice and clean.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Jun 2017

So central and easy to find from train stations both fast rail and underground and bus routes. Friendly service and private. Best access to free breakfast and coffee from local cafe/bar.

• England, Couple, 41+
11th May 2017

Great location and easy to find. Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing ...try cream filled croissant with cappachino with cream and sugar!! Thanks!!

• England, Female, 41+
9th May 2017
6.9

Although there was no one to let me in to the guesthouse the instructions of where to find the owner were clear and only a very short (1 minute) walk away. Marco was welcoming and very friendly. The bedroom was basic but clean. The bathroom was a bit grubby but the shower was hot and powerful and the towels provided were spotless and large. There is free wi-fi and the guesthouse is a 5 minute walk to Rome Termini. For the price this was a good option for a place to stay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2017
5.4

We arrived after-hours, but I sent an email explaining when I would arrive and put my arrival time in the reservation. No one was there when I arrived. The phone number on the reservation was for someone who no longer worked there. They did suggest I go to a bar the hostel owner also owns. From there I was able to check in but it took me a few hours. The actual room itself was what I expected based on the pictures. No frills but clean and has what you need. Close to main train terminal.

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Apr 2017

There was no one there to let us in, only other guests. We had to go to the bar down the road to find a key, but wasn't an issue. The only thing I can complain about is the cleanliness of the bathroom, but seeing as it's shared between 4 rooms I'm only marking this down very slightly. For the price, this is a great place in a great location!

×