Room 305 BCN Reviews

Av Diagonal 305 2 1, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Hostel not very clean. I noted the total absence of staff. Property requested an additional deposit of 25 €.-

Please do not give us the room that is not booked by us, in the future, even 2 night living there is pretty enough for us.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • China

I was double booked and the staff put a bed in the common room and locked It up for my first night. Things happen and it wasn't the best start however the owner and staff were super friendly even gave me a lift into town when I needed.

Not a hostel but an apartment.On arrival gates locked,bar owner next door phoned hostel owner for me(in his defence I was s'posed to confirm arrival by email 48 hrs before and forgot,but website said 24hr reception so shouldn't have been a problem)Air-con,definitely not the case.I was in a tiny room with only a small window high on wall,opening internally into hallway,at entrance to apartment.Had to have it open for air but then heard everyone coming in,hall light going on,sometimes noisy.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

More an apartment than a hostel. If you're looking for company look somwhere else. Otherwise you'll get a good room for a good price. There is no reception so you have to call the guy or ask at the kiosk next door. Make sure to get a room woth AC.

This hostel consists of several rooms in one flat. Small rooms but nice common rooms. During our stay there was only one other guest so we could use kitchen and bathroom whenever we wanted. Great place for a stay in Barcelona.

Good location, kind staff and cosy room but when we arrived (and taking into account we were the only guests by the moment) the bathroom and the kitchen were very dirty; specially the kitchen, I found rotten food in the fridge which i had to throw away by myself, also there were olive oil drops spread on everywhere! and to cap it all, the last morning we found a huge and disgusting cockroach on the kitchen floor. Just thinking about it makes my flesh creep!

The location is excellent. Just 5 mins. walk to Sagrada Familia. It's also very close to metro station. I stayed in a room for 1. It was clean but very small. Also, there was no sunlight in the room. However, David (the host) is very helpful and friendly. If you are looking for a cheap hostel with excellent location, then i would recommend you this place!

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Turkey

In front of Sagrada Familia, really private space, great guests in the other apartments all worked perfect, thanks.

• 9th Jul 2013

The owner of the hostel is very friendly, excellent location. The kitchen could be cleaner but in general fantastic value for that money.

Pros: excellent location, low prices Cons: low level of services, especially regarding cleanliness Not mentioned in the description: 25€ deposit per key is payable on arrival which you get back at the end.

Initially I decided to stay at Diagonal Residential because of three reasons: I wanted a 6 day stay and they advertised security AND air conditioning. So far all good! When I arrived I was told that he had first to book in two Russian girls into the main building and would take me to an 'overflow' building. On being shown the room It was very noticeable that the bed had not been made (from the previous occupier?) and was hurriedly made while I was shown the other facilities.

• 7th May 2013

Since the other flat was empty i thought that it was better to give you a room there, in order to have all the flat for you,. The previous occupiers just checked out that day so i asked the cleaning lady to make the bed at the moment.

We have stayed in this hostel for 6 nights and really liked that. Good price, the room was clean with a nice balcony. No matter that the bathroom was shared between normally you didn't have to wait at all. All necessary facilities like a cattle, a pan etc. is available in the kitchen.The location of the hostel is just perftect, 5 min walking from Sagrada Familia. Also walking distance from La Ramblas and the centre of the city - Catalunya place.Thanks to David and big hello from Russia!

Good for the coast.Bed compfortable but street noise boring even if windows were closed.

• 6th May 2013