Room007 Chueca Hostel Reviews

C/ Hortaleza, 74, Madrid, Spain

More a hotel-feeling than a hostel! Not everybody from the staff was really freindly. They are only on the reception, like in a hotel. The terasse on the roof is a nice meetingpoit, but only a few guests wanted to make contacts.

Very nice staff, in a great and safe neighborhood. AC was nice in such a hot city. Would definitely stay there again!

Great hostel, highly recommend

This hostel was amazing! I have stayed at a few hostels around Europe and this one has by far been my favorite. The hostel is a block away from the Chueca metro stop and an easy 15 minute walk to the Prado. Grand Villa is also a couple blocks away and all of the food reccomendations that the staff gave us were all wonderful and spot on. We stayed in a 5 bed dorm. There were 3 showers and 2 bathrooms and the room was loft style with WONDERFUL skylights in the upstairs bedroom. STAY HERE!!!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • watsxxerxxface

Really nice hostel I enjoyed my stay there, great to have toilet and shower in the room. Beds were very low though, and the wifi never really worked!! It's on a very busy noisy street which is really bad on a weekend. Hardly no sleep, club below loud music and people outside noisy.

Great rooms, good location, and lots of fun stuff going on through the week, but the wifi was so bad it was basically non existent.

• 7th Jul 2014

Literally one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff are very welcoming, lovely and helpful, you can't go wrong when there is a signing wall everyone can draw/ write on in reception! The rooms are very clean and tidy, plus towel, locker and fresh daily bed sheets provided. Theres an awesome terrace balcony/ social space upstairs (

The staff were really nice and helpful. The building is really modern. It's pretty close to the Gran Via which is super good.

Such an amazing hostel, everyone who worked there was so friendly and helpful! Great location too, not too far from the places to visit and in a lovely neighbourhood that had great vibe! Only a 5min walk to Gran Via and 2mins to the nearest metro station! Would recommend to all friends and family and would definitely stay again!!

Didn't know what to expect from a Hostel especially since this was my first time in Europe. I couldn't believe the price that I paid for what I received. I stayed in a mixed room with 6 beds and met some pretty great people. When you check in you're provided with a towel and linens and a key to your own locker. Staff was very friendly and hostel was in a great location! Chueca is the gay part of Madrid but was very lively and fun down there. Only bad thing was the Wifi was horrible!

PROS: Hostel is new and clean, located in central lively area, towel provided, excellent tapas tour CONS: Wi-Fi is SO SLOW as to be virtually non-existent. There was no laundry and the one down the road closes at 10.30pm. The bunk beds are also a little low, so if you are on the bottom you cannot sit up in bed, making things a little uncomfortable. I also booked a 4-bed dorm but was placed in a 6-bed dorm and still paid the same.

I loved it here; it was great location and I met tons of new people. The planned, evening activities were point. Mostly thanks to their coordinators, Pablo, SantI and Ari, who took very good care of us on outings. Only thing I would complain about is the wife signal, it was weak most if the time. Other than that, probably my have hostel, thus far.

The place is great with a great atmosphere. The hostel just needs to improve the wifi which is an easy fix. Make sure you do the tapas tasting with Pablo!!!

Great staff, always very friendly. Really loved it. Santi and Ana and Ithor were fantastic and very helpful.

• 27th Jun 2014

Really great place! They had social events planned that you could attend like free sangria night on Mondays! It's was wonderful! The rooms were great. I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm. We had our own bathroom and shower. It is by far one of the best hostels I've stayed in! (The internet was really slow but they said they were getting that fixed)

Awesome place. It is clean, they offer awesome activities and an amazing atmosphere. The staff helps a lot, I had Santiago or "Santi" as a pub crawl guide and he made sure we all had a great night.

This was my first time in Madrid, and I'm glad I picked Room007 Chueca. I'm not sure if it is because they recently opened, but everything is new and really clean. The rooms have a private bathroom and nice shower. The hostel has drinking games, which give you the opportunity to meet other travelers. Also, if you are into drinking, the Pub crawl was really fun; even though we had a really small group, Santi took really good care of us all night. Great hostel, will definitely stay there again

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Mexico

New, clean, large hostel in the heart of Chueca, excellent choice. A bit silly design of the bathroom facilities in the room, with the only sink in the main room, despite having a separate shower and toilet, otherwise everything was good.

Brilliant hostel! Clean and new facilities. Modern building. Excellent events organised, we enjoyed the tapas evening and walking tour. The staff were very helpful and went the extra mile to help us. Highly recommend this hostel.

It's good location and clean, however we booked a 4 female dorm but they put us in 6 mix room, saying that there was a big group and 4 female dorms are full. Although we were given a mere 2euro disc per night, it was very unpleasant experience

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4