Room007 Chueca Hostel Reviews

Calle Hortaleza, 74, Madrid, Spain

My second time here and very glad about my stay again. Spot on!

The bed and bedding was marvelous. The 6 bed shared room was 2 levels, so separate level for bathrooms, changing. Towels and toiletries included. Mini lamp and power even at top bunks. This was more like an upper middle end hotel, other than shared dorm room.

Not sure how, but the noise from the restaurant until 1am is really disturbing. especially when i need to sleep early to catch a morning flight the next day. :(

Was nice to have a towel included ~ the shower is on a 4 sec timer though...annoying. The lady working in the restaurant was so rude that I went elsewhere for my morning coffee. Was not happy about being asked to pay to use the storage room after checking out.

Great location paralel to the Fuencarral and Puertas del Sol. Great environment, there is a nice restaurant downstairs (but it can be pricey for everyday and on a budget), and a kitchen upstairs. Great environment, not ideal for a work stay, as it ca nbe noisy up to 2 am but great to socialize. Only downside is, going as alone traveler you are moved from bedroom to bedroom if a group that fits the room has a booking. Staff was very helpful but still a bother.

It felt more like a hotel than a hostel and I didn't feel it was very conducive for meeting people. Overall a nice stay but it was very hot in the room. The staff was very friendly.

An awesome hostel with all the amenities needed and with a very stylish interior design. Totally recommendable!

Goes above and beyond on the basics - gorgeous decor, great location in a buzzing part of Madrid, spotless. However zero atmosphere - common room is silent, awkward and could do with some music, in general feels very commercial and cold. Showers are infuriating (they're the environmentally-friendly kind that switch off after 15 seconds), no bins in the toilets which is a real problem for women (means a long awkward walk to the bin outside with a dirty tampon in your hand), kitchen underequipped.

I had a great time here! The room layout was fantastic, and I liked how the toilets and showers were in deprecate and private spaces. The night time activities were great, and I did t have to worry about making meals because breakfast date dinner were always available (for 2€ and 4€, respectively). It's right in the heart of the city too which is great. The kitchen area leaves a bit to be desired just because of its size, but like I said, they'll make most meals. One of the better hostels.

Really cool atmosphere and cleanliness!!

My boyfriend and I got a private double bed room here and were so happy with it that we booked the same accommodations again the next time we came through Madrid. Everything was clean, and I liked the fun, modern design. It was like staying in a hotel, but for half the price! La Chueca is a fun neighborhood, close to the main strip and metro stations. Only downside: the showers run on push buttons, so the water kept turning off. It's Eco-friendly, but a bit annoying. My boyfriend liked it tho

I love this hostel!! It's clean and bright, has a beautiful interior design, and the restaurant downstairs is delicious (try the tortilla!). Best of all, it has a great atmosphere thanks to Carlos, Stefano and Livio, who are such friendly and kind guys. The area is really central and nice as well, full of artsy boutiques and bars, vegetarian restaurants, young and gay friendly :) It's also very close to Gran Via, the largest street in Madrid.

Pretty much everything was perfect. Staff was friendly, clean facilities, big common room, wonderful terrace, big lockers for your valuables, solid wifi. The atmosphere was nice and quiet. Activities(pub crawls, walking tours etc.) are organized by the hostel.

Very nice place to stay if you are looking to just sleep and go about your day. Not very welcoming or social which we missed but it was a nice place to stay.

Dear Friend, We are really surprised about your comment, as we arrange every single day activities with both hostels we have Madrid, so there are always thing to do, and people get know. We also have a nice common area, a own restaurant with local people and a bar...

The facilities are awesome, the atmosphere is great, the staff is very friendly and profesional. Thanks to Stefano, Livio, and Carlos!

Great hostel! It was very clean and had a fun decor style. The facilities were very well thought out. I liked how the shower, sink and toilet were all separated so no one would have to wait to use the washroom if someone was showering. I stayed in a 5 person mixed dorm and had a great time. The beds were very comfy and linens were very clean. The location was excellent as well, very easy to walk to Sol and other areas. The staff was friendly too. I would definitely stay here again!

Really enjoyed this hostel! Great location, clean facilities (bathroom and lockers inside the room), very helpful staff.

Amazing design, clean rooms, good kitchen and common area. Lots of families staying there, reception was 24 hours which was awesome for security.

Location was great: close enough to city centre that you were equidistant to everything, but also far enough that it wasn't too loud or crowded. Room was nice, clean, and spacious. Common room was a bit small for the amount of guests that could potentially stay there, but didn't seem to be a problem. WiFi was good everywhere, though the signal got pretty weak on the top floor of the 5th floor rooms (rooms are in a loft style). Atmosphere was a bit weak, but might be because I was there for Xmas.

Shower was leaking and there was problem with hot water. Security could be better because on main entrance everyone could enter the building (no security check). Some concern about cleanless of towels and linens, because some were definitly not properly clean. Book a 4 bedroom female room and was trown in 6 bedroom female room without any explanation (on the evacuation plan you were able to see that room was meant for only four beds, but was additionally made in room with six beds).

Dear Friend, thank you for your comments, and we are very sorry for having mixed your reservation, we always try to avoid this type of problems. Regarding the cleanliness of your towels, we use an external company that cleans all linen at hight temperature, and it's an ecological company aswell, if you find that something is not proper clean, just tell us at reception and we will change them. We are 24 hrs there to help you. And about the evacuation plan, PLEASE DO NOT TELL LIES, as you maybe be mistake, we very new and we have inspetions several times, and we cannot allocate more people than stated to the authorities. The plans are made for the hall floor and maybe you were mistaken, as we are very, very careful with this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4