Room007 Chueca Hostel Reviews

C/ Hortaleza, 74, Madrid, Spain

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Room007 Chueca. The hostel had been recommended to us by a local and it was incredibly clean, aesthetically pleasing, very trendy, and comfortable. We had booked a 6 bed dorm but that was unavailable when we arrived - which initially I was upset about since we had booked far in advance, however, they upgraded us to 4 bed dorm. The staff were accommodating but not overly helpful or friendly as I have experienced previously. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay!

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel exceeded our expectations. Amazing location, staff, super clean, quiet, beautiful decoration. We will go back in July before we take our flight back home.

Great hostel! The common room and the terrace on the 5th floor are pretty cool. Only thing missing was a bar but you could drink there and they organised pub crawls. Cool place!

I found staff very friendly and helpful, really enjoyed my stay :)

• 17th Jun 2015

This was easily the most enjoyable hostel I've ever stayed at, especially for the price/location. The rooms and breakfast were very nice, Laura at the bar is a very sweet woman. The most memorable part of my stay was the staff. I ended up befriending several of them and Pablo at the front desk went out of his way to help me with a difficult mail situation even though he did not have to, he was such a friendly and patient guy. Everyone there was always fun and kind, I can't recommend them enough!

• 17th Jun 2015

The hostel es great, and the location the same you can walk up to puerto del sol o plaza mayor in no more than 10 mins !!!

If you have an inward facing room, it's VERY loud with the restaurant in the evening.

The hostel is in a perfect location and it's quite nice. I was hoping it would have been kept a little cleaner in the bedrooms, but it wasn't a big problem. The pubcrawls are absolutely awesome, the waking tour with Harriet was perfect, and overall I had a good stay.

Nice rooms/beds, air-conditioning worked really well, super close to the metro

It's a ok hostel, but one of those with 1000 rooms, as a result no atmosfere. Had a delux dorm bed. That was nothing delux about it. And they are charging for storing bags, which I think it's kind of cheap and demode. I was eager to check it out after reading good reviews, I like a good hostel, but I'm affraid there's many better than this one.

Thank you for your review. It seems you stayed in another property, as we are a small property with no more than 100 beds. We arrange daily activities such as tapas tour, free walking tour, pub crawls or flamenco show to create a vibe atmosphere. Our rooms are deluxe as they are endowed with air cond, full bathroom, FREE: 100Mbps wifi, bed linen, nordic cover, towel, shower gel...and the only OPTIONAL point is when you leave your suitcase on departure day, 2€ a day. R007 Staff

the location and the facilities were great, I couldn't ask for anything else. the atmosphere, however, was very disappointing. the hostel is too big and there isn't any sort of activities that people get together (dinner, party etc), if you are traveling by yourself chances are that you will spend you days alone in this hostel.

Thank you for your review. We are surprised as we are a small property with no more than 100 beds. We arrange daily activities such as tapas tour, free walking tour, pub crawls or flamenco show to create a vibe atmosphere. We have a big common area in the roof top, with a nice terrace, kitchen, fussball, tv...where people hang out daily. We hope next time you could enjoy much better our hostel. Room007 Chueca Staff

Staff were excellent, especially Greg!!

• 1st Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Room007 Chueca Hostel. My friend lost her passport and the staff were extremely helpful through the process of filing reports and tracking it down. They had a lot of patience. The room was clean. The common room was noisy, but the curfew helped reduce the noise as it got late. Lockers were provided, in addition to clean towels and sheets. The temperature of the room was a little stuffy, but later in the evening the AC turned on, which helped. I will recommend Room007.

Pretty cool place, I liked everything. Except it got quite hot in the rooms and it was very noisy til all hours of the night because of the resurant

The location and cleanliness of this hostel is excellent! It's in a great old building, and there's elevators (convenient for those with lots of luggage). Unfortunately there was A LOT of noise at night. I know that's not the hostel's fault, but there's a restaurant attached and just tons of noise coming off the street. I was there on a Friday night, and couldn't get to sleep until probably 4am. I guess that's the downside of having a good location that's near bars and restaurants!

I spent five nights at the Room007 Chueca Hostel and every night they had a different tour in order to get to know Madrid better and to interact with the other travellers. I made so many friends thanks to that. It was a happy stay, surely I'll come back when I have the opportunity. I thought everything was very clean, but I think the space in the female dorm for 6 beds was kinda small. Other than that, I have only to thank the staff and everyone.

• 28th May 2015

Hostel was really excellent, it's right near a bunch of art museums and stores, delicious eateries and shopping. I stayed in a four bed all girls deluxe room and thought it was super clean, roomy, and safe. I appreciated having a bathroom and shower in room. I also really enjoyed having a kitchen to cook in!

Really nice hostel. Will go back there for sure

Breakfast is not included but they sell it and their kitchen is nice. The terrace is lovely, and most everyone was nice, but some people on the staff weren't the friendliest.

• 26th May 2015

This hostel is epic! Staff are great, the location is one street away from the main strip and they are connected to all of the other good hostels in the area so the run cultural events + a pub crawl every night of the week. Rooftop terrace has great views, book the 11 bed dorm if you can (it's multi-level, has 2 toilets and showers in the room and has automatic skylights as it's on the top floor & it'll save some money. Kudos to Greg for being a lord.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4