Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

Friendly staffs!!!! Walking distance to beach and night market. It is not a beach- front hostel but we love to stay there.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were fantastic, bit of a strange hostel set up with you entering straight into the dorm, but it worked! Roof terrace was incredible. Beds were good, privacy curtains appreciated. A good place to stay as a group, but harder as a solo traveller.

• 30th Aug 2014

Its a great quaint hostel, rooftop patio view of ocean, close to the beach. Staff were really friendly, accomodating and breakfast was quick and authentic malaysian. All around great value!

• 20th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel! There are 5 bunk beds in the main room, each bed has a curtain for privacy, reading light and plug socket making it very cosy. Also a locker for each bed. Nice roof terrace where there is a free basic breakfast. 5 minutes walk to the beach. The bus from the bus station to the hostel only comes once every hour, but was much cheaper than a taxi so worth waiting for to get to this hostel. Lots of stairs to climb up to the hostel, but great overall!

Roomies, is fantastic! I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and it was great. The location is good and is close to everything you need. The staff were veery helpful and told me places to visit. I would definitely stay here again.

I was suppose to stay at Roomies for only 1 night, but I liked the area and the hostel so much I decided to stay longer. The staff is very friendly and the location is good.

This is not only the best hostel I have stayed in in Malaysia but the best hostel I have stayed in ever! I came expecting to spend a few nights here and ended up staying for a week. The dorm is really nice and you have curtains which means you have your own little space. The reading light and plug by your bed is a really nice touch. There's a really good air conditioner (yay) and an awesome roof terrace where you can hang out and watch the sunset. The staff especially Mandy and yen are awesome!

Don't write your door pass code on the white board outside the door. That's unsafe.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • China

Beautiful boutique hostel - clean, lovely breakfast, dorm beds with new mattresses and cute curtains, great air con

Very helping staff. Gave us some home made palm wine and spent the evening on the roof top terrace which was very nice. They offer lots of tourist information about be island and give a locals perspective on things so you can make the most of the island. They did double book us but they very apologetic, solved the situation and let 1 of us stay the night for free which we felt was a good enough apology. The curtains aren't great so we were worken up by the sunlight.

• 4th Jul 2014

This is easily one of the best hostels I have ever been to. The location is great and easy to get to (if you follow the instructions), the hostel offers a comfortable respite from the everything going on in Penang. It is very easy to meet other people over breakfast, but it is also easy to get time alone (the beds have curtains and power outlets!). The staff were incredible and ended up showing us this incredible restaurant. Go here.

Away from backpacker street of Penang its a great place for independent/solo backpackers who want to do their own thing. Hiking trails are there to be explored in the Penang National Park nearby and you're always a bus ride (frequency 15 mins/MYR 2.70 max) away to the city centre. Bathrooms, Beds, & Dorms are clean and nice rooftop to chill out with your fellow travellers. Breakfast in included includes Toast, Eggs, Cereal, Milk, Coffee & Tea. Internet is fast. & Thank You Mandy for the chat.

This hostel was extremely good value in Batu Ferringhi, though it really is as described - it's a room with 10 bunk beds. But the rooftop area is a great place to hang out at night when its not as hot. The staff are super-friendly and I was even offered a cup of local palm wine - which you should accept if it is offered to you!

blanket is small (i'm 175cm girl), no tv. only one bus directly from airport and it comes once every hour, had to take taxi (RM74, 1 hour ride). 4/f with no lift, not good with big suitcase or heavy backpack. rooftop is very nice, also very close620.14 (5 minutes walk) to beach

Great hostel! The staff were really helpful in giving me suggestions for things to do during the day and provided excellent maps and ideas. I also enjoyed the common area and my very clean, very lovely private room.

good location , nice breakfast , easy to catch rapid penang to travel all over the city , love the simple looks , friendly people all over good information about the every thing. would love to come again next year

Cosy, well kept and close to the beach. Owners put a lot of love into this place so its worth the price-tag. Cheaper to book through hostelworld which is an advantage and close to transport links to Penang National Park and Georgetown/Penang Airport. Free breakfast/Roof terrace, list of good points goes on and on!

This place it really lovely. Too nice to be called a hostal! The beds are comfy and each with a curtain giving you privacy, the shower is really good, the whole place is clean and modern and there is a bus stop just outside the door. Some people dont like the stairs but really guys seriously! They are not that hard. There are 2 convenience stores below aswell. Overall fantastic hostal! The only negative I could give is that it has set the bar too high for future hostals

I was traveling solo. I stayed here for five to six days and it was always very neat and clean! I loved the balcony! Maria who was there most of the time during my stay was very friendly and helpful. Though it was little far from George Town but i liked the atmosphere with birds chirping and clean fresh air! Its near to Hard Rock Cafe where we celebrated my friend's birthday who traveled later to Penang. And not to forget Mandy, Yen and Carolyn from the Roomies were awesome!