Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

Roomies Penang is the best Hostelworld place I have ever stayed in! Highly recommended!

I was the only guest here for my stay which was a shame, but the staff were very friendly and welcoming and I am sure with other people around it would be great! Great roof terrace to hang out on, great location - less than 5 mins walk to the beach and night market just opposite. Curtains on each bed for privacy and lockers under the beds to store valuables. Great hostel.

Clean place. Well designed space, LOVE your rooftop. Super Friendly, Helpful, talented Staff (1 of them is an artist... Well done on the wall painting!!). GREAT EXPERIENCE!! All Dorms are well equip with the modern day needs... power source and bed lights + a small rack for use. i wish i can stay in the private room too... i'll save it for next time ... hehe Great Location.... if you don't mind walking up 4th floor.. :P Maria... we have your pictures with us... how can we send over?

Staff in charge is good enough to help us chase away all those monkeys that came for foods during our breakfast at rooftop. Nice mural on the wall along the stairs.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Friendly staffs!!!! Walking distance to beach and night market. It is not a beach- front hostel but we love to stay there.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were fantastic, bit of a strange hostel set up with you entering straight into the dorm, but it worked! Roof terrace was incredible. Beds were good, privacy curtains appreciated. A good place to stay as a group, but harder as a solo traveller.

• 30th Aug 2014

Its a great quaint hostel, rooftop patio view of ocean, close to the beach. Staff were really friendly, accomodating and breakfast was quick and authentic malaysian. All around great value!

• 20th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel! There are 5 bunk beds in the main room, each bed has a curtain for privacy, reading light and plug socket making it very cosy. Also a locker for each bed. Nice roof terrace where there is a free basic breakfast. 5 minutes walk to the beach. The bus from the bus station to the hostel only comes once every hour, but was much cheaper than a taxi so worth waiting for to get to this hostel. Lots of stairs to climb up to the hostel, but great overall!

Really modern, great rooftop, great location (get the bus to the national park!), a bit noisey as people need to walk through your room to the bathroom, but it's great value for money. They need some curtains so that light from bathrooms doesnt go into the bunk beds across the window all through the night.

• 15th Aug 2014

Roomies, is fantastic! I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and it was great. The location is good and is close to everything you need. The staff were veery helpful and told me places to visit. I would definitely stay here again.

I was suppose to stay at Roomies for only 1 night, but I liked the area and the hostel so much I decided to stay longer. The staff is very friendly and the location is good.

This is not only the best hostel I have stayed in in Malaysia but the best hostel I have stayed in ever! I came expecting to spend a few nights here and ended up staying for a week. The dorm is really nice and you have curtains which means you have your own little space. The reading light and plug by your bed is a really nice touch. There's a really good air conditioner (yay) and an awesome roof terrace where you can hang out and watch the sunset. The staff especially Mandy and yen are awesome!

Don't write your door pass code on the white board outside the door. That's unsafe.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • China

Beautiful boutique hostel - clean, lovely breakfast, dorm beds with new mattresses and cute curtains, great air con

Very helping staff. Gave us some home made palm wine and spent the evening on the roof top terrace which was very nice. They offer lots of tourist information about be island and give a locals perspective on things so you can make the most of the island. They did double book us but they very apologetic, solved the situation and let 1 of us stay the night for free which we felt was a good enough apology. The curtains aren't great so we were worken up by the sunlight.

• 4th Jul 2014

This is easily one of the best hostels I have ever been to. The location is great and easy to get to (if you follow the instructions), the hostel offers a comfortable respite from the everything going on in Penang. It is very easy to meet other people over breakfast, but it is also easy to get time alone (the beds have curtains and power outlets!). The staff were incredible and ended up showing us this incredible restaurant. Go here.

Away from backpacker street of Penang its a great place for independent/solo backpackers who want to do their own thing. Hiking trails are there to be explored in the Penang National Park nearby and you're always a bus ride (frequency 15 mins/MYR 2.70 max) away to the city centre. Bathrooms, Beds, & Dorms are clean and nice rooftop to chill out with your fellow travellers. Breakfast in included includes Toast, Eggs, Cereal, Milk, Coffee & Tea. Internet is fast. & Thank You Mandy for the chat.