Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

the best way to connect people and know new people. it's too exhausted to climb to 4th floor.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff were friendly & helpful & the location was good. Was a very small hostel though, only 2 toilets & showers & our room was right next to the toilet which wasn't so good. Breakfast is just muesli & yoghurt.

This review is for Roomies Suites - not Roomies Hostel. There was a mix up on the booking so we were relocated to Roomies Suites which was much nicer. We were especially happy with this as the other guests in Roomies Hostel invaded our privacy and we did not feel that anything not under lock and key was safe. Roomies Suites was safe, clean, staff were knowledgeable and friendly, the owner really wants everyone (at both places) to have a great time. Roomies Suites is nearer Paragliding/Jet Ski

Great place to stay in Penang.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Very very good hostel! Nice staff, very clean, perfect location! The only negative thing is that the reception is in the 'same' room as the dorm, so you don't have a lot of privacy! Still I would definitely go back!

The rooms were amazing and adequately furbished - in fact they even had a rain shower. The staffs were utmost polite and went to great lengths to ensure I had a comfortable and easy-going stay. There was a peculiar odor in the reception area but it definitely vanished the next day after I checked in. They had this set of nutritious breakfast to kick start your day and if you didn't like what was served, there are many eateries nearby.

Nice stay but far from Georgetown if that's what you're after... But it's super close to the beach which is nice. If you take the large dorm, the reception is in the same room so it's safe but lacks some privacy. Showers are clean and I love the personal curtains on the beds! Would definitely stay again 😊

Roomies was an absolutely excellent place to stay! The place was so clean and tastefully decorated. The hostel is so moderan and pristine it makes it feel like a hotel. Each bed even has your own socket plug, light and shelf. The breakfast was the best we've seen so far on our travels, the staff (especially Dukhu) were super friendly and helpful. Dukhu even invited us to join in to play some board games. The rooftop is a really cool place to hang out.

Good job!!!

• 1st May 2015
  • Malaysia

At first I didn't like the idea that the histel is located in an ugly big concrete building, but then I was positively surprised by the staff, the nice rooftop terrace & cute little chillout balcony, the awesome breakfast in a banana leaf:) and last but not least the best beds I slept in on my journey through Malaysia... thanks!

Worth it. Lovely staff esp Amin. Big clean rooms.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I love how they set Air Conditioning. When I first entered the room, the A/C is already on for a while! Staff are very awesome, very friendly and very helpful. Don't let the outside building fools you, the lobby and the rooms are fanastic! The breakfast is okay, so small and very simple, wish they have some more options so that I do not have to go to McDonalds to eat more.

Clean and comfy. Friendly staff, pleasant rooftop place. Easily reachable by #101 bus from Georgetown, 5 minutes walk from the beach (though the see is quite dissapointing there).

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

The staff were great. As a single women travelling on her own. The rooms was spotless. Would defo go back.

• 18th Mar 2015

Good hostel, great location. Close to the busstop, the night market and the beach. Friendly and helpful staff! Love the rooftop terrace.

We stayed in the Roomies Suites and it was nothing but Excellent! Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds are comfy, beautiful styled, breakfast yummy, best value for the money! Close to everything like bus, night market, restaurants and beach.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The frontdesk was very friendly and helpful. The suite room we booked was wonderful and has spacious bathroom. Would definitely return for out next trip. Recommended!

Really nice place, outside looks shabby but they really made it comfy and nice inside. Good atmosphere. Nice roof terrace and even breakfast!! Definitely recommended.

Too bad we started with a very bad experience as no one was there at the reception when we arrived late in the night, although we had informed them and they had said it was alright. We had to spend the first night on the rooftop waiting for someone to come in the morning. It is indicated that the reception opens at 7.30 but nobody showed up before 9am. The room is comfortable and nicely decorated. Breakfast is ok but very simple, just a coffee and a muffin. Starts at 9am, a bit late I think.

• 6th Feb 2015

Best memories about a week staying in Roomies. Clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff, perfect WiFi, good location (far from the city, but I prefer fresh air, good beach and bus stop nearby), comfortable bed with curtains. Just soap in bathroom was like water. I'd like it to be more thick.

• 1st Feb 2015