Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

This is not only the best hostel I have stayed in in Malaysia but the best hostel I have stayed in ever! I came expecting to spend a few nights here and ended up staying for a week. The dorm is really nice and you have curtains which means you have your own little space. The reading light and plug by your bed is a really nice touch. There's a really good air conditioner (yay) and an awesome roof terrace where you can hang out and watch the sunset. The staff especially Mandy and yen are awesome!

Don't write your door pass code on the white board outside the door. That's unsafe.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • China

Beautiful boutique hostel - clean, lovely breakfast, dorm beds with new mattresses and cute curtains, great air con

Very helping staff. Gave us some home made palm wine and spent the evening on the roof top terrace which was very nice. They offer lots of tourist information about be island and give a locals perspective on things so you can make the most of the island. They did double book us but they very apologetic, solved the situation and let 1 of us stay the night for free which we felt was a good enough apology. The curtains aren't great so we were worken up by the sunlight.

• 4th Jul 2014

This is easily one of the best hostels I have ever been to. The location is great and easy to get to (if you follow the instructions), the hostel offers a comfortable respite from the everything going on in Penang. It is very easy to meet other people over breakfast, but it is also easy to get time alone (the beds have curtains and power outlets!). The staff were incredible and ended up showing us this incredible restaurant. Go here.

Away from backpacker street of Penang its a great place for independent/solo backpackers who want to do their own thing. Hiking trails are there to be explored in the Penang National Park nearby and you're always a bus ride (frequency 15 mins/MYR 2.70 max) away to the city centre. Bathrooms, Beds, & Dorms are clean and nice rooftop to chill out with your fellow travellers. Breakfast in included includes Toast, Eggs, Cereal, Milk, Coffee & Tea. Internet is fast. & Thank You Mandy for the chat.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India

This hostel was extremely good value in Batu Ferringhi, though it really is as described - it's a room with 10 bunk beds. But the rooftop area is a great place to hang out at night when its not as hot. The staff are super-friendly and I was even offered a cup of local palm wine - which you should accept if it is offered to you!

blanket is small (i'm 175cm girl), no tv. only one bus directly from airport and it comes once every hour, had to take taxi (RM74, 1 hour ride). 4/f with no lift, not good with big suitcase or heavy backpack. rooftop is very nice, also very close620.14 (5 minutes walk) to beach

Great hostel! The staff were really helpful in giving me suggestions for things to do during the day and provided excellent maps and ideas. I also enjoyed the common area and my very clean, very lovely private room.

good location , nice breakfast , easy to catch rapid penang to travel all over the city , love the simple looks , friendly people all over good information about the every thing. would love to come again next year

Cosy, well kept and close to the beach. Owners put a lot of love into this place so its worth the price-tag. Cheaper to book through hostelworld which is an advantage and close to transport links to Penang National Park and Georgetown/Penang Airport. Free breakfast/Roof terrace, list of good points goes on and on!

This place it really lovely. Too nice to be called a hostal! The beds are comfy and each with a curtain giving you privacy, the shower is really good, the whole place is clean and modern and there is a bus stop just outside the door. Some people dont like the stairs but really guys seriously! They are not that hard. There are 2 convenience stores below aswell. Overall fantastic hostal! The only negative I could give is that it has set the bar too high for future hostals

I was traveling solo. I stayed here for five to six days and it was always very neat and clean! I loved the balcony! Maria who was there most of the time during my stay was very friendly and helpful. Though it was little far from George Town but i liked the atmosphere with birds chirping and clean fresh air! Its near to Hard Rock Cafe where we celebrated my friend's birthday who traveled later to Penang. And not to forget Mandy, Yen and Carolyn from the Roomies were awesome!

Had a wonderful time here. Iv never seen a cleaner hostel. Maria who works there pours her heart and soul into this place and is an absolute delight. I will miss her. As for the hostel, really clean and ideal for the backpacker who wants privacy. Bunk beds have their own curtain to provide this privacy and the room is always air conditioned. Clean toilets. Make sure you check out the 'Long Beach Cafe' to grab a very cheap and yummy dinner.

Staff is very friendly and wifi connection is excellent! Can keep privacy

Nice place to stay for vacation!

Roomies is great place to stay, it is very close to the beach. Nice staff and offering breakfast, even one day we wake up late and they still offering some pie for us. We book the family room for 3 bed (even only 2 of us arriving, our friend quit the trip last day for emergency issue). The bed is ok, but the room is without window and close to the bathroom. I think the 10bed mixed room is better.... But anyway, Great hostel for young people sharing stories and life.

Good location if you want to be close to the beach. Really nice rooftop. Excellent setup with the beds, nice to get some privacy.

Great Hostel very chilled and friendly definitely worth a visit

Fantastic hostel, couldn't fault it. Simple yet no compromise on anything. 100% recommend.

• 27th Jan 2014