Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

This place it really lovely. Too nice to be called a hostal! The beds are comfy and each with a curtain giving you privacy, the shower is really good, the whole place is clean and modern and there is a bus stop just outside the door. Some people dont like the stairs but really guys seriously! They are not that hard. There are 2 convenience stores below aswell. Overall fantastic hostal! The only negative I could give is that it has set the bar too high for future hostals

I was traveling solo. I stayed here for five to six days and it was always very neat and clean! I loved the balcony! Maria who was there most of the time during my stay was very friendly and helpful. Though it was little far from George Town but i liked the atmosphere with birds chirping and clean fresh air! Its near to Hard Rock Cafe where we celebrated my friend's birthday who traveled later to Penang. And not to forget Mandy, Yen and Carolyn from the Roomies were awesome!

Had a wonderful time here. Iv never seen a cleaner hostel. Maria who works there pours her heart and soul into this place and is an absolute delight. I will miss her. As for the hostel, really clean and ideal for the backpacker who wants privacy. Bunk beds have their own curtain to provide this privacy and the room is always air conditioned. Clean toilets. Make sure you check out the 'Long Beach Cafe' to grab a very cheap and yummy dinner.

Staff is very friendly and wifi connection is excellent! Can keep privacy

Nice place to stay for vacation!

Roomies is great place to stay, it is very close to the beach. Nice staff and offering breakfast, even one day we wake up late and they still offering some pie for us. We book the family room for 3 bed (even only 2 of us arriving, our friend quit the trip last day for emergency issue). The bed is ok, but the room is without window and close to the bathroom. I think the 10bed mixed room is better.... But anyway, Great hostel for young people sharing stories and life.

Good location if you want to be close to the beach. Really nice rooftop. Excellent setup with the beds, nice to get some privacy.

Great Hostel very chilled and friendly definitely worth a visit

Fantastic hostel, couldn't fault it. Simple yet no compromise on anything. 100% recommend.

• 27th Jan 2014

The best value for money! Absolutely great hostel: cheap, friendly staff, excellent internet, the most comfortable beds and pillows we have seen on this 6 month-long trip and free breakfast (and not just toast and coffee like everywhere else). Not so big but very homely place, the reception is kinda IN the dorm room but silence began around 23.00 and I, the worst sleeper in the world, slept like a baby. We had 1 night only but ended up staying 2 because of this greatness. Cheers, Juha & Laura

Best hostel i stayed at. Lot of extras. Quiet and very precise. Strongly recommend; friendly staff etc

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Slovakia

Across the street from beach. AMAZING STAFF. Helpful and friendly. Very clean and modern. Might be hard to find from street as on 4th floor and not a big sign. great stay, highly recommended

It is a very clean hostel with a friendly staff who would go out and show you the good places to eat. There's a nice hangout rooftop to make friends and watch a good view. It's close by to some good places to eat but far from the city center. If you're a bit more laid back then roomies is great for you.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Super clean very well run, they have movie nights, and a big pink beanbag, good WiFi with two laptops with Skype and s camera and headphone. Cornflakes or toast. When I was there they put up Halloween decorations.

A cosy hostel with great facilities however the beds are in the same room as the kitchen/common room. Staff could improve by giving a proper orientation around the hostel ( we had to find out everything ourselves ) and could try to include the guests a bit more on nights out etc.

only one dorm room there including small living space, and how I can relax in the room is depending on other guests. If weather is nice, no problem because I enjoy going to outside or staying toproof balcony, but my time for weather was not so good and a lot of raining. However, I think they do their best to welcome their guests is great.