Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

Worth it. Lovely staff esp Amin. Big clean rooms.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I love how they set Air Conditioning. When I first entered the room, the A/C is already on for a while! Staff are very awesome, very friendly and very helpful. Don't let the outside building fools you, the lobby and the rooms are fanastic! The breakfast is okay, so small and very simple, wish they have some more options so that I do not have to go to McDonalds to eat more.

Clean and comfy. Friendly staff, pleasant rooftop place. Easily reachable by #101 bus from Georgetown, 5 minutes walk from the beach (though the see is quite dissapointing there).

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

The staff were great. As a single women travelling on her own. The rooms was spotless. Would defo go back.

• 18th Mar 2015

Good hostel, great location. Close to the busstop, the night market and the beach. Friendly and helpful staff! Love the rooftop terrace.

We stayed in the Roomies Suites and it was nothing but Excellent! Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds are comfy, beautiful styled, breakfast yummy, best value for the money! Close to everything like bus, night market, restaurants and beach.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The frontdesk was very friendly and helpful. The suite room we booked was wonderful and has spacious bathroom. Would definitely return for out next trip. Recommended!

Really nice place, outside looks shabby but they really made it comfy and nice inside. Good atmosphere. Nice roof terrace and even breakfast!! Definitely recommended.

Too bad we started with a very bad experience as no one was there at the reception when we arrived late in the night, although we had informed them and they had said it was alright. We had to spend the first night on the rooftop waiting for someone to come in the morning. It is indicated that the reception opens at 7.30 but nobody showed up before 9am. The room is comfortable and nicely decorated. Breakfast is ok but very simple, just a coffee and a muffin. Starts at 9am, a bit late I think.

• 6th Feb 2015

Best memories about a week staying in Roomies. Clean hostel, friendly and helpful staff, perfect WiFi, good location (far from the city, but I prefer fresh air, good beach and bus stop nearby), comfortable bed with curtains. Just soap in bathroom was like water. I'd like it to be more thick.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Russia

Great little hostel, right across the road from the beach and next to the bus stop. The place was clean, the staff were friendly.. but we were the only people staying there so the place was eerily quiet most of the time.

It was a pleasant stay. The location is perfect, very friendly & helpful stuff. Some things I don't quite like about this place is that one night we stayed in, it was really hot I had to sleep on the floor where the small fan was available. Someone must've switched off the aircond. The rooftop was amazing though!

One of the staff, which helped us the two days we stayed overthere was very kind but couldn't speak that good English what sometimes was a little diffecult. Furthermore the breakfast wasn't that much. For the money you payed we expected a larger breakfast.

• 26th Dec 2014

Roomies Penang is the best Hostelworld place I have ever stayed in! Highly recommended!

I was the only guest here for my stay which was a shame, but the staff were very friendly and welcoming and I am sure with other people around it would be great! Great roof terrace to hang out on, great location - less than 5 mins walk to the beach and night market just opposite. Curtains on each bed for privacy and lockers under the beds to store valuables. Great hostel.