Roomies Penang Reviews

76C -4 Jalan, Batu Feringghi, Penang, Malaysia

Great little hostel, right across the road from the beach and next to the bus stop. The place was clean, the staff were friendly.. but we were the only people staying there so the place was eerily quiet most of the time.

It was a pleasant stay. The location is perfect, very friendly & helpful stuff. Some things I don't quite like about this place is that one night we stayed in, it was really hot I had to sleep on the floor where the small fan was available. Someone must've switched off the aircond. The rooftop was amazing though!

One of the staff, which helped us the two days we stayed overthere was very kind but couldn't speak that good English what sometimes was a little diffecult. Furthermore the breakfast wasn't that much. For the money you payed we expected a larger breakfast.

• 26th Dec 2014

Roomies Penang is the best Hostelworld place I have ever stayed in! Highly recommended!

I was the only guest here for my stay which was a shame, but the staff were very friendly and welcoming and I am sure with other people around it would be great! Great roof terrace to hang out on, great location - less than 5 mins walk to the beach and night market just opposite. Curtains on each bed for privacy and lockers under the beds to store valuables. Great hostel.

Clean place. Well designed space, LOVE your rooftop. Super Friendly, Helpful, talented Staff (1 of them is an artist... Well done on the wall painting!!). GREAT EXPERIENCE!! All Dorms are well equip with the modern day needs... power source and bed lights + a small rack for use. i wish i can stay in the private room too... i'll save it for next time ... hehe Great Location.... if you don't mind walking up 4th floor.. :P Maria... we have your pictures with us... how can we send over?

Staff in charge is good enough to help us chase away all those monkeys that came for foods during our breakfast at rooftop. Nice mural on the wall along the stairs.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Friendly staffs!!!! Walking distance to beach and night market. It is not a beach- front hostel but we love to stay there.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were fantastic, bit of a strange hostel set up with you entering straight into the dorm, but it worked! Roof terrace was incredible. Beds were good, privacy curtains appreciated. A good place to stay as a group, but harder as a solo traveller.

• 30th Aug 2014

Its a great quaint hostel, rooftop patio view of ocean, close to the beach. Staff were really friendly, accomodating and breakfast was quick and authentic malaysian. All around great value!

• 20th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel! There are 5 bunk beds in the main room, each bed has a curtain for privacy, reading light and plug socket making it very cosy. Also a locker for each bed. Nice roof terrace where there is a free basic breakfast. 5 minutes walk to the beach. The bus from the bus station to the hostel only comes once every hour, but was much cheaper than a taxi so worth waiting for to get to this hostel. Lots of stairs to climb up to the hostel, but great overall!

Really modern, great rooftop, great location (get the bus to the national park!), a bit noisey as people need to walk through your room to the bathroom, but it's great value for money. They need some curtains so that light from bathrooms doesnt go into the bunk beds across the window all through the night.

Roomies, is fantastic! I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and it was great. The location is good and is close to everything you need. The staff were veery helpful and told me places to visit. I would definitely stay here again.

I was suppose to stay at Roomies for only 1 night, but I liked the area and the hostel so much I decided to stay longer. The staff is very friendly and the location is good.