Roommates Penang Reviews

17 B, Lorong Chulia, Penang, Malaysia

Clean and good location,very close to main street where you can find so many food at night. Room is clean and very good for pravicy. Average price for hostels in Penang,highly recommend.

Great location and staff. The dorm were clean and spacious. Roommates 1....I'll be back.

部屋、お風呂、トイレ全てにおいて綺麗だとおもいました。 ベッドも、清潔感がありました。またとても、良い立地にあり、街灯がずっとあるため、夜の道も真っ暗ではなく安心して歩けました。 スタッフは、とても優しくお勧めのお店や、食べ物など質問するとしっかりと答えてくださいました。 ただ、ドミトリー(8人)しか無いので、お見知り置きを。

Nice, clean small place composing of two houses diagonally across from each other. No real hang out area but there's plenty to see and do outside in and around Georgetown. Helpful decent free brefast. Goodwife too.

Quite an alternative hotel, nice stay but didn't actually have key to the room, so security not great, I also had a bike stolen out the front- obviously not the hostels fault but be careful. Good beds and aircon. Close to little india- YUM and once you work out the bus system you can get anywhere. PS there is Roommates I and II so be careful which one, although II is just up the road so not a big deal.

• 25th Feb 2014

Nice owner and staff. It was last day of CNY and the owner held a small party for the guests ^^ Overall nice and clean ^^

Checking in, it really have that dorm atmosphere. I was warmly greeted by other guests and Yentl. I asked about their cancellation policy just right after checking , thinking that the place would be cheap. I was proven wrong, the hostel is clean and decent, at first I thought I'd look for a better hotel after my first night there but I actually extended my stay and will definitely stay there again if ever I'll be back in Penang.

Room mates Penang is a great place. I stayed there for a total of 1 month over a period of 3 different trips to Penang in 2013 and 2014. The curtains that come with each bed are absolutely genius. The staff do there absolute best to insure that bed bugs do not infest the place. There was a social dinner with free drinks and food for both Christmas Eve and the end of the Chinese New Year, amazing. Beer is only 5 ringgit. AC in the rooms, no curfew, free towels, clean sheets. 4 stars out of 5.

• 4th Feb 2014

Stay at roommate 2, it has a great location, clean & comfort mattress, clean toilet and enthusiastic staffs. definitely will come back again!

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Awesome place!

A very nice and clean hostel in Georgetown. The staff is very kind and helpful!

Decent internet. Nice beds. But so quiet. Not the place to meet anyone. Not good for solo travellers. Also I was actually in Roommates 2, maybe 1 was better. You get put in them at random it seems.

great place to stay, convenient and the staff was helpful!

This hostel had bed bugs. Avoid the Dorm on the right as you reach the top of the stairs (next to the lockers) in roommates one, I was in the top bunk on the right as soon as you walk into the room. I found a live adult bed bug in my bed that I bagged and brought to the staff on the second night of my two night stay. I am a little annoyed at myself for being complacent on the first night. To be honest I think Penang must be or must be close to the be bed bug capital of Asia.

James we are terribly sorry but am glad you did informed us so we took immediate remedial action. We turned the particular bed upside down to ensure it is free of these pests and did the same for all the other beds.

Our first stay was great! Yental was very helpful and gave us some great tips of where to eat and what to see. Unfortunately, our 2nd visit was not great. We had a very rude host who seemed to believe that what he was watching on youtube was more important than what we where asking him and when we finally got his attention he was quite rude first by doing a burp and then giving us a dismissive answer to our question. We decided to move onto Nyonya House round the corner which was wonderful!

comfortable bed and the hostel is in a good position for walking around the city

The owner is a sweet and helpful man who really gives this place its heart

This hostel is in an awesome location and staff are really friendly. The atmosphere was very friendly and social (but not too loud). Highly recommended :)

• 3rd Jan 2014

What was lacking in atmosphere made up for it with great staff, great location and a fantastic breakfast every morning! It's right near Little India and in the heart of Georgetown. You can take a bus to pretty much anywhere you need to go.

I stayed at both roommates 1 and 2, and both were quite nice. Very clean, nice (simple) breakfast, good showers and good vibe. KT at roomies 2 in particular was super interesting and helpful. Got me sorted on quite a few things which was great. I'd 100% stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3