Rooms Montalbano Reviews

Montalbano 14, Rovinj, Croatia

this is a very lovely place to stay in rovinj. the room is not very big but very cosy and comfortable. everything is clean and in good condition. i love the view of little street from the window. the owner and her daughter are lovely and nice. i really enjoy my stay in this place very mcuh!!! hope i can go back again somedays! it is not cheap but the price is reasonable:)

We only stayed for one night but have no faults - location was great right in the old town, the room was spacious and the owners were very welcoming (lending my friend a jumper due to the cold!).

• 10th Sep 2013

Hard to find but central

I found it a very nice room for 2 persons on the top floor of the youth hostel! My best friend a I slept well although the fact that the hostel is located in the center of the old city of Rovinj: nice! We could pay when we checked in and we could leave our luggage safe in the hall of the hostel after checking-in but before leaving the town. It was just a pity that we couldn't use a toilet anymore before leaving for a 1,5 hour taking bustrip, because our room had already been taken.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

The house owners are friendly and the room is good. But the location of the house is quite far away from the bus terminal and the toilet in my room can't flush :(

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Hong Kong

Lovely hostess, perfect location in a very nice town, good room with great shower.

We thought the location was excellent once we saw the house number on the booking! The room was good but very hot, to be expected in summer.

• 2nd Aug 2013

My kids and I had a very nice stay at Rooms Montalbano. We especially liked the fans, due to the heat. Frank & Vlatka made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. Athmosphere in the "old town" is great and I would much rather stay here than in a swankier and more expensive place. Highly recommended!

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Nice location and the owner family is warm, friendly, and very helpful. Room was simple and very clean. No problem with hot shower and toilet. My husband and me could have fantastic days there. We would love to stay this hostel again.

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • Japan

We enjoyed our time at Rooms Montalbano so much! Rovinj is an incredible city, and staying here in the middle of the stari grad was perfect. Franjo is a very laid back and accommodating host and we had zero problems while we were there. He even offered to find a spare room for us on the one night we were unable to book with them. The rooms themselves are basic, but very clean and comfortable. Bathroom no problems and also very clean. Definitely staying here again if we come back.

This place was in the PERFECT location and was everything you'd want in a budget room. Nothing was fancy, but my boyfriend and I had a very nice stay! Only complaint would have been no air conditioning. Other than that we had an excellent stay. Also very fun living in a typical Croatian house in Rovinj rather than one of the typical touristy hotels.

• 17th Jul 2013

When we arrived at Rooms Montalbano, we were welcomed by the owners. The hostel has a very warm&welcoming atmosphere to it and provides you with the perfect mix of feeling at "home" and the freedom to do whatever you want on your holidays. It's located in the center of Rovinj; it's a 2 minute walk to terraces, restaurants&cafes and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Every time we met the owners, they took the time to greatly help us, chat and answer our questions about the area. A definite A+ !

• 12th Jul 2013

Nice Place !

A very enjoyable stay Would definately return.

• 25th Jun 2013

This is one of the most enchanting places i have ever stayed.

• 10th Jun 2013

Very quaint place, owner doesn't speak much English but is very nice. Interesting staircase!

Really cool little place with lots of character, right in the centre of the city. The woman who owns it was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Rovinj

• 18th May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend away and had an amazing stay! We had our own room/bathroom and a mini kitchenette. The owner was very sweet and we felt very safe in her home. Fantastic area, right in the center of Rovinj, close to some great little restaurants and cafes! A little challenging to find at first because it was difficult to read street signs, but we figured it out :) Very clean, very nice. Overall, we had a fantastic weekend and would absolutely stay here again!

This is a great place to stay! Right in the heart of the old city! The rooms and facilities were great. The history of this place is amazing. I met great people as well. Rovinj is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to and I would recommend Rovinj and this hostel to anyone looking for a great experience! two thumbs way up.

• 24th Apr 2013