Roscoe House by Urban Chic Reviews

27 Rodney Street, Liverpool, England

Great accommodation, very central located. VERY GOOD value for money. Friendly staff. Wifi access int he room, very clean rooms, great shower. Free kettle with tea bags and instant coffee.

Wonderfull experience. Splendid plca to stay.

• 12th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Lovely big bed room that slept the whole family with lots of room. The king-size mattress was old and falling apart which gave no back support - hence, I had back pain each day following my sleep. Getting progressively worse. I would only stay here again if I was assured I would sleep in a decent bed. The location was great but noisy at the weekend do to a local night club, so not so great if away with children,

• 25th Sep 2015

Chic indeed!

• 14th Sep 2015

Staff were very welcoming to us. One even took the trouble to let us into a private room prepped for the next customers because we needed to go to the loo after our check-out date. The house and street were preserved for many decades, it's understandable that despite being a lil run-down, it nevertheless underwent some re-furbishment and renovations over the years. I'm particularly fond of the old-fashioned phone, fireplace, granite floor and spacious room. Central location on a famous street.

room was much larger and nicer than expected. WiFi worked well. shower had good temperature but poor pressure

• 4th Sep 2015

we had a lovely stop over at the Roscoe house thanks Lizzie

• 1st Sep 2015

Excellent welcome by the young lady up in arrival.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very nice and great value for money. Wasn't very clear that breakfast wasn't included as it does advertise itself as a B&B.

It was probably the best hotel room I ever stayed in. You get a lot for a relatively low price.

I stayed at Roscoe House this past weekend and I was very pleasantly surprised. The location was excellent and on a beautiful street very close to the cathedral. It was also near many good restaurants and bars. The staff were very nice and helpful and it was just a completely easy, hassle-free stay. Compared to the extortionate prices of other accommodation in Liverpool, we found this to be good value as well with lovely, clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Great value for the money, big rooms, nice location.

My room is in the ground floor, a little bit noisy when a lot of people come down in the morning. The cold and hot water taps are separate, so cold water is too cold and hot water is too hot to use to wash face. Beside's of that everything is fine. The room I live is ensuite, has a living room, fridge, oven, even washing machine......load of Surprise though I don't really use them.

The hostel was ideally located, all the places of interest could be reached by foot. The room was very clean and spacious, and we even had a table, sofa and kitchen, which was not expected ! Some negative aspects though : the wi-fi was almost non existent and the shower kept going from freezing to boiling water, with a very low pressure.

Lovely hotel for the price

• 3rd Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable experience. Staff very friendly.Surprised its called a hostel.

• 17th Feb 2015

Mmmmm.,... bad move to be so upfront about your wifi and then for it to be not working on our visit! Showers pretty hot/cold if I'm being honest. Area was a wee bit scungy- as in, we got harrassed twice on Leece Street when toing and froing from there at nighttime-... but that's not the hostels fault. Just be aware if you are girls travelling. I didn't read the hostelworld quote properly so I ws disappointed to see that breakfast IS NOT included in the price! Haha my bad! Super comfy bed!

We were so happy with our stay. We had never been to Liverpool before but the location was perfect for walking through town and down to the water. Amazingly friendly staff - I had arrived early before check in time before our room was ready but was due for a hen party. The front desk was so accomodating in giving me some space to get ready. It ws such pleasant surprise for a hostel and would defo reccommend it to others.

• 27th Dec 2014

Wonderful stay at Roscoe House. Clean, spacious rooms, and close to city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay again.

• 17th Nov 2014

We had a lovely comfortable stay at Roscoe. We arrived very late at night yet still the manager was very friendly and welcoming. Our spacious room, with a large and modern bathroom, was downstairs but we still had natural light from a couple of windows. The location was perfect and the price was pretty unbelievable for such a big room that had everything we needed. That said, we stayed on a Thursday and I noticed the prices shot up over the weekend. Would recommend and go again.

• 9th Oct 2014