Roscoe House by Urban Chic Reviews

27 Rodney Street, Liverpool, England

Great value for the money, big rooms, nice location.

My room is in the ground floor, a little bit noisy when a lot of people come down in the morning. The cold and hot water taps are separate, so cold water is too cold and hot water is too hot to use to wash face. Beside's of that everything is fine. The room I live is ensuite, has a living room, fridge, oven, even washing machine......load of Surprise though I don't really use them.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • China

The hostel was ideally located, all the places of interest could be reached by foot. The room was very clean and spacious, and we even had a table, sofa and kitchen, which was not expected ! Some negative aspects though : the wi-fi was almost non existent and the shower kept going from freezing to boiling water, with a very low pressure.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Lovely hotel for the price

• 3rd Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable experience. Staff very friendly.Surprised its called a hostel.

• 17th Feb 2015

Mmmmm.,... bad move to be so upfront about your wifi and then for it to be not working on our visit! Showers pretty hot/cold if I'm being honest. Area was a wee bit scungy- as in, we got harrassed twice on Leece Street when toing and froing from there at nighttime-... but that's not the hostels fault. Just be aware if you are girls travelling. I didn't read the hostelworld quote properly so I ws disappointed to see that breakfast IS NOT included in the price! Haha my bad! Super comfy bed!

We were so happy with our stay. We had never been to Liverpool before but the location was perfect for walking through town and down to the water. Amazingly friendly staff - I had arrived early before check in time before our room was ready but was due for a hen party. The front desk was so accomodating in giving me some space to get ready. It ws such pleasant surprise for a hostel and would defo reccommend it to others.

• 27th Dec 2014

Wonderful stay at Roscoe House. Clean, spacious rooms, and close to city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay again.

• 17th Nov 2014

We had a lovely comfortable stay at Roscoe. We arrived very late at night yet still the manager was very friendly and welcoming. Our spacious room, with a large and modern bathroom, was downstairs but we still had natural light from a couple of windows. The location was perfect and the price was pretty unbelievable for such a big room that had everything we needed. That said, we stayed on a Thursday and I noticed the prices shot up over the weekend. Would recommend and go again.

• 9th Oct 2014

We spent 4 nights here + the shaving light in the bathroom was broken the whole time. We reported it but they never fixed it. The cleaning staff never cleaned the glasses provided even though they had clearly been used. They didn’t provide fresh bed sheets. We ran out of loo roll and milk sachets (for the kettle) until we asked for more. Considering how expensive it was I would have expected them to at least check the loo roll every day! room size was good and staf friendly

• 21st Aug 2014

Terrible place, I decided to lose my money and changed to other place. They never refunded my money.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

The hotel is very charming and well located, the staff's helpful and nice. I do recommend it

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Poland

The shower in 204 room did not work , room grubby and shabby, no breakfast, window broken, poor lighting in bathroom - all in all definitely not how it was described and not worth 117 pounds - very disappointed with the standard of this room and would not stay again or recommend to friends

• 26th Jul 2014

Very clean bathroom! I'm all for clean and hygienic and this definitely ticked that box! 5 min walk to everything you need. Huge rooms!! Even had a grand piano in our twin room!!

We really enjoyed our stay and when we saw our room, we were really impressed and positively surprised. Thank you. We'll be back :o)

The water takes a while to heat up...this was explained by the man on reception when we arrived so no great surprise! The shower itself was a bit disappointing but this was a minor detail! Also we had to prop the window open with a bin...but small sacrifices for an otherwise lovely room ominous a great location for a decent price!

• 13th Jun 2014

A great stay and most valuable option for my group. We were elated to see such nice facilities at such a reasonable price. Thanks!

Fantastic location, friendly staff, good value and comfortable rooms. Only positive comments from my stay.

• 20th Apr 2014

Roscoe House was more like a hotel than a hostel, with lovely, private rooms in a quiet atmosphere. If you are looking for the student-oriented, activity-packed kind of hostel, this is not a place like that. Our room was enormous, for the very little we paid. We had a suite, with a bedroom, a study, a foyer, and a bathroom. Only thing was we didn't have a refrigerator or anything so we couldn't cook, but I hear some of the rooms have an all-inclusive kitchen,

Incredible value for money. We book last minute and our room (that was the same price as a regular private room) was a fully equiped luxury studio with kitchen, table, tv, couch and 4 bed. It was quite a good surprise to find such a great deal. I don't know how it works exactly, maybe they just open reservations on Hostelwolrd when they have vacancies, but that was an incredible night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7