Roscoe House by Urban Chic Reviews

27 Rodney Street, Liverpool, England

we had a lovely stop over at the Roscoe house thanks Lizzie

• 1st Sep 2015

Excellent welcome by the young lady up in arrival.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very nice and great value for money. Wasn't very clear that breakfast wasn't included as it does advertise itself as a B&B.

It was probably the best hotel room I ever stayed in. You get a lot for a relatively low price.

I stayed at Roscoe House this past weekend and I was very pleasantly surprised. The location was excellent and on a beautiful street very close to the cathedral. It was also near many good restaurants and bars. The staff were very nice and helpful and it was just a completely easy, hassle-free stay. Compared to the extortionate prices of other accommodation in Liverpool, we found this to be good value as well with lovely, clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Great value for the money, big rooms, nice location.

My room is in the ground floor, a little bit noisy when a lot of people come down in the morning. The cold and hot water taps are separate, so cold water is too cold and hot water is too hot to use to wash face. Beside's of that everything is fine. The room I live is ensuite, has a living room, fridge, oven, even washing machine......load of Surprise though I don't really use them.

The hostel was ideally located, all the places of interest could be reached by foot. The room was very clean and spacious, and we even had a table, sofa and kitchen, which was not expected ! Some negative aspects though : the wi-fi was almost non existent and the shower kept going from freezing to boiling water, with a very low pressure.

Lovely hotel for the price

• 3rd Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable experience. Staff very friendly.Surprised its called a hostel.

• 17th Feb 2015

Mmmmm.,... bad move to be so upfront about your wifi and then for it to be not working on our visit! Showers pretty hot/cold if I'm being honest. Area was a wee bit scungy- as in, we got harrassed twice on Leece Street when toing and froing from there at nighttime-... but that's not the hostels fault. Just be aware if you are girls travelling. I didn't read the hostelworld quote properly so I ws disappointed to see that breakfast IS NOT included in the price! Haha my bad! Super comfy bed!

We were so happy with our stay. We had never been to Liverpool before but the location was perfect for walking through town and down to the water. Amazingly friendly staff - I had arrived early before check in time before our room was ready but was due for a hen party. The front desk was so accomodating in giving me some space to get ready. It ws such pleasant surprise for a hostel and would defo reccommend it to others.

• 27th Dec 2014

Wonderful stay at Roscoe House. Clean, spacious rooms, and close to city centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would gladly stay again.

• 17th Nov 2014

We had a lovely comfortable stay at Roscoe. We arrived very late at night yet still the manager was very friendly and welcoming. Our spacious room, with a large and modern bathroom, was downstairs but we still had natural light from a couple of windows. The location was perfect and the price was pretty unbelievable for such a big room that had everything we needed. That said, we stayed on a Thursday and I noticed the prices shot up over the weekend. Would recommend and go again.

• 9th Oct 2014

We spent 4 nights here + the shaving light in the bathroom was broken the whole time. We reported it but they never fixed it. The cleaning staff never cleaned the glasses provided even though they had clearly been used. They didn’t provide fresh bed sheets. We ran out of loo roll and milk sachets (for the kettle) until we asked for more. Considering how expensive it was I would have expected them to at least check the loo roll every day! room size was good and staf friendly

• 21st Aug 2014

Terrible place, I decided to lose my money and changed to other place. They never refunded my money.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

The hotel is very charming and well located, the staff's helpful and nice. I do recommend it

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Poland

The shower in 204 room did not work , room grubby and shabby, no breakfast, window broken, poor lighting in bathroom - all in all definitely not how it was described and not worth 117 pounds - very disappointed with the standard of this room and would not stay again or recommend to friends

• 26th Jul 2014

Very clean bathroom! I'm all for clean and hygienic and this definitely ticked that box! 5 min walk to everything you need. Huge rooms!! Even had a grand piano in our twin room!!

We really enjoyed our stay and when we saw our room, we were really impressed and positively surprised. Thank you. We'll be back :o)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7