Rose Cottage Reviews

10 Vicar Street, Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland

Good value and location

• 4th Jul 2015

I had to find the key by myself when I arrived which was quite disturbing. But the staff was quite nice though. Hopefully there was a key to close my room. I was all alone in the house: gloomy atmosphere, dirty everywhere : needs a regular, real and deep cleaning (I had to clean the bathrooms and the bath). Even if I was told to wait for an hour before getting hot water, it was still completely cold. Not enough cooking ustensils. If you can find another place to stay, do it !

• 3rd Jul 2015

You are being unfair there was a member of staff there to meet you You then rang and said you could not get out of the house we discovered that you locked yourself In that was not our fault There was no problem with the water you were showed how to turn on hot water and you failed to do so,it was hot on your arrival as it was turned on for you it was up to yourself to turn on immersion after that, you seemed to be complaining before you arrived,you had a private clean. Bathroom

Over All we enjoyed our stay. We felt very at home in this cottage. Only complaint would be that the room was a little dusty (cobwebs) etc. great price for a great room. Unfortunately we had some noisey neighbours and due to no staff on site in the evenings there was not much we could do about this. However we would stay here again.

Sure, it's a bed in Kilkenny. Very old and hasn't been redecorated years and years. Shower was kind of cold too. Needs an investment badly would say.

• 26th Jun 2015

Thanks for review I did not meet you I have to stay that it was newly painted inside within the last six. Months The immersion was left on all the time There was constant hot water,that weekend the house is about 60 years old that would not be regarded as very old ,you are entitled to your opinion anyhow thanks Angela

Good for one night but I would not spend another night

View all Kilkenny Bed and Breakfasts