Rose Guesthouse Plus Reviews

87 Ratchapakinai, Prasing, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Just found the strange and not so pratical to have the showers 3 floors down of the bedroom, and the showers being next to the lounge are. My single room has basic but good, (the door wasnt closing best buts it is ok) Oh, and between rooms you really dont have a completily wall, so you can hear everything from each other... Despite this, its a good spot and well located

The bar underneath the hostel is very nice and cool. However, rooms weren't as nice and new. The toilets were disgusting: full if Mosquitos and spiders. What is more, we were stating in the second floor and needed to go to the ground floor to have a shower: everyone at the bar could see you leaving the bathroom in your towel... No toilet paper provided either. Arranged a taxi to get us to the airport and the guy left and wanted to substitute it with a tuc tuc where we didn't fit...

I booked by HW 24h before I arrive. My flight arrived at 23pm. In the email of confirmation I saw that they do not checkin after 9pm (which is absolutely the first time I saw that in Asia!), but ask to contact by mail if i's the case, which I did. I sent an email 24h before. No answer... When I arrived, nobody. The owner contacted by telephone ask me politely to find another hostel (at 11:30pm), I answered she should change her job. Worst (or total absence) hospitality in Thailand. Go away!

Thank you for your review you should read before booking. we have opening hours and you came so late after midnight I allowed you to get in but you left early did not pay or even say thank you but bad review. Well God bless you

Amazing! Great staff, always clean, great location. And the price is unbeatable

• 8th Feb 2014

Thank you so much for your comment please come back again for your next visit in Chiangmai

This hostel is LOVELY. The staff were SO helpful and friendly. It's such a great price for lovely rooms and location. I cannot recommend it more :-)

Thank you very much for your visit and being kind

My dorm (3b?) needed cleaning up. Other than that, I liked it.

• 12th Jan 2014

Thank you for your comment will do better next time when you vist here

Cheap and basic. Stayed one night to save a little and paid 400baht for a basic double... And that's all you get! hard bed, no sheets just a thick wool blanket and an uncomfortable pillow, harsh bright light and noise from showers drifting up levels. Shower is just hose extended from tap in toilet unless u go down all way to ground floor. No toilet paper supplied either which was a pain after all the other hostels doing so. Great entrance chill out space however and friendly staff

If you need a budget accomodation, plain, clean, cheap, with friendly and trustworthy staff, good for meeting people, with excellent location, choose Rose Guesthouse.

Bardzo głośno - zarówno z ulicy jak i w samym hostelu. Hostel czysty, toalety i prysznice ok, w pokoju tylko łóżko i stolik oraz 1 krzesło na 2 os , brakuje wieszaka. Pani w recepcji super miła, bardzo dobry angielski, bardzo pomocna. Generalnie polecam impezowiczom!!!

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Very friendly staff, the woman who owns it Noyna is very informative and speaks english very well. She used to be a tour guide so knows everything about all the tours you can go on and will book them for you too.

I've never stayed in a hostel with so much potential that has, as yet at least, been completely ignored. As it is currently, the dorm beds and brand new and really comfortable. There is a bit of noise from the street which could be improved with AC in the rooms. The bathrooms need improving but function perfectly fine, and the bar/communal area downstairs could be really great with some improvement! Excellent location and prices.

Thank you for your comment and have a good day we will make it better as your comment is very useful

Noisy little spot right on a street corner. Noise from street permeates the rooms as they have wooden walls. Padlock doors are a nuisance for coming in and out of your room to keep your stuff secure No mozzie nets and the mosquito nets on the ceiling top windows were damaged. Room small and basic and bed average.