Rose Guesthouse Plus Reviews

87 Ratchapakinai, Prasing, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The dorm I stayed in only had one small fan for the whole room. There are other hostels nearby where you can pay the same for an aircon room so I was quite disappointed to see I only had a fan room. The room smelt damp. The beds weren't at all comfortable. The staff were nice enough to me but another girl was shouted at when she checked out after only one night. Not professional! Oh, and take your own toilet paper, they don't provide any.

Decent enough place to stay near the main market street and restaurants in Mai. Seems a bit of a party type hostel I guess. So thing to keep in mind. Great for Songkran festival though. Has bar and food. But close to many cheaper eateries. Quite far to 7/11 and bar area I felt. Was quite a lot of water about (Songkran) which wasn't just on ground floor, and I could never get shower working, thankfully for Songkran I was that soaked I never really needed one. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Good location, fifteen minutes walk to the night bazaar. Spacious common 'room'. It looks a bit like a party hostel on the pictures, but it isn't. In the evening it's almost empty downstairs. Nice staff, they are really helpfull with booking and arranging things for you. Not everybody is good in English, but there is always one person who can help you. Beds are clean, bathroom not always. Bring your own toiletpaper!

• 4th Mar 2015

Ok I don't have high standards but they don't provide toilet paper and they couldn't even be bothered to show me where my room was.

Great hostel with an amazing restaurant. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• 14th Jan 2015

Not a bad place to crash for a couple of nights. Good location. the beds aren't the greatest and the showers and bathrooms are okay . Bring your own t.p. :)

Internet has a lot of interruptions. It fails easily and gets you crazy. It's noisy.You can hear the streets and everithing happening in other bedrooms. It's good that it's cheap and the location, and the pub/restaurant is really cool. Really nice personal.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is located near many foreign restaurants which is great, and closed to Tapae Gate. However, it is on a main road, so you can hear motorcycles and cars at all times. It was difficult to sleep because of the noise. The beds are big and comfy, and the staff was average not over friendly, but willing to answer questions. Bring your own towel, toilet paper, and soap. No shoes are allowed in the living area including the bathrooms and showers which were not very clean, so I was grossed out.

Sometimes showers didn't work properly. Only real bad thing I found here.

This hostel is in a good location, with friendly staff and excellent pillows. Through our stay the toilets and showers on our floor and floors below stopped working making the ground floor showers and toilets the only ones available. The showers were beyond poor with more than one person using a shower at one time and the rest of the shower block would have little to no water. I just gave up showering and adopted the deodorant can as a better alternative. WiFi was unreliable.

Lovely staff and the location is very good. The main problem is the noise from the traffic, since this hostel is by one of the main roads of the old town. Prices are quite good, so do not expect the best hostel in the world.