Rose Guesthouse Plus Reviews

87 Ratchapakinai, Prasing, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

With air conditioning this would be a great place!

• 7th Jul 2015

The dorm I stayed in only had one small fan for the whole room. There are other hostels nearby where you can pay the same for an aircon room so I was quite disappointed to see I only had a fan room. The room smelt damp. The beds weren't at all comfortable. The staff were nice enough to me but another girl was shouted at when she checked out after only one night. Not professional! Oh, and take your own toilet paper, they don't provide any.

Decent enough place to stay near the main market street and restaurants in Mai. Seems a bit of a party type hostel I guess. So thing to keep in mind. Great for Songkran festival though. Has bar and food. But close to many cheaper eateries. Quite far to 7/11 and bar area I felt. Was quite a lot of water about (Songkran) which wasn't just on ground floor, and I could never get shower working, thankfully for Songkran I was that soaked I never really needed one. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Good location, fifteen minutes walk to the night bazaar. Spacious common 'room'. It looks a bit like a party hostel on the pictures, but it isn't. In the evening it's almost empty downstairs. Nice staff, they are really helpfull with booking and arranging things for you. Not everybody is good in English, but there is always one person who can help you. Beds are clean, bathroom not always. Bring your own toiletpaper!

• 4th Mar 2015