Rose Home Stay Reviews

21 Old Idgah Colony, Near Idgah Bus Stand, Agra, India

No Rating

nothing like picture. very average. internet did not work. overpriced. staff friendly enough?

• 11th Feb 2012

A nice place, with friendly staff.... a bit hard to find, but they offered to pick us up. (we had a driver so didn't use pick up) Quiet and clean place with a good bed and nice shower.

The host at Rose Home Stay is extremely concerned about his guest's wellbeing and helps wherever he can. He will give you advice and help you plan your stay in Agra without trying to rip you off or mislead you. The staff at Rose Home Stay were among the nicest people we met in India. Thanks to Rose Home Stay and its staff our stay in Agra became a real success and we had a great time there!

• 25th Dec 2011
  • Sweden

Pretty average every way.

The hostel did arrange pick-up from the train station - but the guy showed up on a motorcycle. The situation was ridiculous and dangerous, I had to send my daughter off alone in to the night with her luggage with a complete stranger. The room itself was far too cold and hot water was unavailable if city power went out.

• 24th Dec 2011

The family were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms were overall clean but many dirty handmarks on the walls and doors, The lock and door handle on the room were loose and it appeared that the door handle could be removed very easily.

Thanks for your comment,we have checked the door but we find nothing wrong there but still if you feel so then you should have told us we immediately change your room & we did not come to understand that where did you seen the walls dirty because we have recently painted the rooms like hardly within 15 days before of your arrival. but still we are very sorry for all the inconvenience.

The first impression was great. The room was spacious and relatively clean. Then the AC cut, bugs came in and the staff was no help. Two days later the owner came back from out of town. He IS helpful and kind, but everyone else there isn't. The storms abated and the power was more constant later, but still I had a bad taste in the mouth from staying here.

Good clean room. Location was away from the main attractions however was in a quiet area of town. The owner was very helpful with information in relation to our train travel and when the sights are open.

Thanks for your comment. I would like to tell you that we are only 3.5 kms from Taj Mahal & 3 kms from Red fort.

We felt very welcome, got a great room and the food was delicious! We enjoyed the tour with Jamal in his "tuk-tuk", he is very friendly! Trying to leave Agra we were informed by the hotel that there was no train or bus ticket, but in the train station we found availability, so try to buy tickets in advance or go to the station yourself.

Thanks for your comment.

My partner and I stayed for a night at the end of March. It was fine, lack of character and we didn't meet other travellers staying at the place. It is situated in a residential area, which was fine for us because we had a car and a driver. It is run like a hotel rather than a homestay. The room was clean, the AC worked and the shower had hot water with good water pressure.

Thanks for your comment. I would like to tell you that we have 17 rooms & out of 17,11 rooms were occupied by the customer on the day when you stayed with us. According to Uttar Pradesh tourism home stay's are allowed only in residential area's & the family who runs the home stay(like us) should also be living in the same place that is why it is called a home stay where you can stay with an Indian family.

This was actually a very high standard of accommodation, however I got ripped off by the manager when he organised my transportation to Jaipur - hint, be sure to book trains in advance and DO NOT let them organise for you...I ended up paying 3800 rupees for a ride when the driver only got 700 - 3100 is a rather hefty commission IMO!!!

I would like to tell you that Jaipur is 275.00 kms from one side so the taxi will charge for both side.550kms We have charged 3800.00(INR) 7.00(INR) per km,(550.00 * 7 = 3800.00(INR) for an Air condition taxi including toll tax,parking. & i don't think so that any one can give the taxi less then 7.00(INR) per km. & customer should have this much of common sense that no one can drive the taxi to Jaipur in 700.00(INR) b'coz petrol in Agra is 51.00(INR) liter & a car gives an average of 11 or maximum 12 kms per liter.

The only somewhat positive things we have to say about this place is that there is now one less cockroach as my husband killed it (although a mouse still lingers) and the food was good.

You are the first customer who saw the cockroach & mouse in our home stay otherwise all our guest who stayed at our place before should also write the same but they did not. But still sorry for the inconvenience & thanks for your comment.

Wonderful stay for the money. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

Thanks for your wonderful comment.

I feel the rooms could be cleaner but overall my stay there was ok. Agra is good for only 1 or 2 nights at the most.Amit is friendly and helpful and hooked me up a great driver and tour for the rest of my trip as I had to rearrange my plans last minute. The room service is really slow and the food is average at best. Its in a quiet neighborhood which is nice. The electricity goes out a lot so prepare for that if you stay there. Internet is very sketchy as well. Overall my stay there was ok.

Thanks for your comment. In Agra we have a big problem of electricity & that is not only for our place,it is every where in Agra but for that we have 2 generators for power backup.

Hotel room and bathroom - very clean, but the window would not close tightly and mosquitos got in. Location: convenient to Taj and Sandar Bazaar. Owner and family - extremely helpful and kind. Linens: No top sheet on bed, just a bottom sheet and pillowcase. One one towel even if you pay extra for two single beds.

Thanks for your comments. This is Amit owner of the hostel i am very sorry about the sheets & towels,we always use sheets under the linens & 2 towels in each rooms b,coz all the rooms we have are double/twin beds & we all know that there are always 2 persons in 1 room,it is a big mistake by the peoples who works with me. So on the behalf of my hostel i would say that i am very sorry for the inconvenience. But at the end i would like to say that when you saw these things you should have ask for we are always there for our guest.

A decent place to stay for one night to see the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. A bit out of the town but it is close to the train station which is handy.

Thanks for your comment.

Friendly staff. They recommended me a good rickshaw driver that took me to all the places and recommended also good tour guides.

Thanks for your lovely comment.

very helpful owner, let us use his own computer where he lives when the main one wasn\'t working! not somewhere to stay for a weekend but perfectly decent place to crash for one nights stay, which is all you need in Agra! hot water and comfy bed. be weary of the driver that picks you up, you\'re not his \'best friend\' as he will insist you are!

Thanks for your comments.

Amit is kind enough to offer a free pickup from the nearest Bus/Railway Station. He also offers a basic room to refresh after having checked out and take care of left luggage. On the downside, their Exec. rooms booked through HW are upstairs (top floor) and get extremely cold during winters. Though they have a generator - it does NOT cover the room Geyser. The Staff is not very helpful in terms of Agra tours. Their pricing differed from what we found out on our own. Location can be a minus.

Sir firstly i would like to tell you that u have not booked the Executive room you booked a deluxe room through H/W. Secondly if you are feeling that much cold then you should use the hot A/C. We have given you the choice of 2 rooms 1 is on first floor & second is on ground floor but you selected the room which is on first floor. This is Right that the Geyser did not works on the generator but that is only for 2 hours a day 1 hour in the morning & 1 hour in evening(when there is a power cut in Agra) & in the last we did not offer anything to you about the local tours what you have asked is that how much an auto rickshaw will charge for going to Taj then i told you that it is like 50rupees. But still we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

We were very impressed by Amit Gulati's fast response to our emails & his attitude of going above & beyond to assist his guests in any way that he could, even being gracious about changing the dates of our stay after the cancellation of our train. Amit is a wonderful host.

Thanks for your lovely & wonderful comment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3