Rosemere Backpackers and Budget Lodge Reviews

6 MacDonald Crescent, City, Wellington, New Zealand

This hostel proved quite expensive for how unkempt it was. I have stayed at much cheaper hostels that were quite tidy and in full working order, so my experience here ended up being literally my worst stay ever, not that I didn't enjoy myself in Wellington. It still has a great location, and with squeaky beds whose mattresses are worn totally flat, you won't find yourself wasting much time in your room. Certainly bring earplugs. Fold up receipts to wedge into the doors to keep them quiet.

No comments

It's ok to stay there for a few nights. Nothing special and the advertised free internet didn't work while we were there. But you get free breakfast and coffee, which is nice. Staff is friendly and helpful and our double room was spacious. Hope there never will be an emergency with lots of people trying to run outside at the same time, since most exit doors open into the room. Normally at least main exits have doors which open to the outside.

Man this hostel is awesome! Parties every night on the deck, and one's that aren't full of assholes! The location is good, very close to Willis street with all the shops nearby, yet secluded enough to get a good night's sleep. The only thing I didn't like was that the kitchen closes at 9pm, which is not great if you're arriving late and want to cook dinner. WIFI is also a bit overpriced (but there's a PC you can use for free to check emails/directions). They have a piano as well! Great place!