Rossio Hostel Reviews

Cal�ada do Carmo, 6, 2nd floor right, Lisbon, Portugal

Major advantages: * Easy access to airport, Rossio train station, grocery store, and waterfront * Staff are friendly and knowledgeable, always willing to share their advice * Lockers are large enough to securely store gear for camping, climbing, or whatever else you brought along with you * Free breakfast of eggs, toast, or crepes

• 13th May 2015

We sincerely enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was appreciated and double private room was clean and spacious. Located close to everything and easy to get around to see the city. Would definitely recommend to others.

Cute hostel in the centre of the city. We booked a twin private room for two nights and got a very nice little room. It also had a shelve and a mirror. The bathroom was always clean. The only thing I did not like was that one day we came back from town and our room door was open. Apparently someone had come by to fix the shutters. No one had told us, which shocked me a bit, since we booked a private room. I would still recommend the hostel to anyone visiting Lisbon.

The directions to the hostel could be a little clearer. Very helpful front of house staff and overall a comfortable stay.

Wonderful location and easy to find. I was there when they did a tapas night and it was a great time - amazing food and met some lovely people. Would stay there again !

Very good hostel!!perfect location and amazing staff

Excellent location, helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms

This is the best hostel I ever stayed at. I really don't have any complaints. It's clean, rooms are nice, staff is very friendly, location couldn't be better and the view is amazing!

Thank your for all your help! I really enjoyed my stay at Rossio.

• 18th Apr 2015

The best hostel you can find in Portugal!

Fantastic, easy, and above hostel standards. Felt safe. Not a party environment. Rooms we spotless clean and very comfortable. The AM breakfast served until 11a was wonderful - great to fill up on either eggs or pancakes before heading out for a long day. Didn't take organized tours or dinner, but staff were helpful & involved. . Stayed based off a friend's recommendation and would absolutely recommend to others.

• 16th Apr 2015

The location is perfect , colse to everything The staff are do nice and warm , specially Kamal I defently recommend the hostel for a perfect stay in Lisbon Regards Muna

• 29th Mar 2015

The hostel has great staff, a wonderful breakfast, and great location. We stayed in a private room and it was spacious, the bed was really comfortable, and we had a great view of the plaza. We loved our stay here.

Perhaps the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location could not have been better and the view from our room was incredible. There were plenty of showers and toilets which were always clean. Breakfast was lovely everyday and the staff were very friendly and helpful both around the hostel and on trips out (which the hostel also organised) couldn't recommend it more!

• 11th Mar 2015

We had a lovely weekend and couldn't have hoped for a better hostel experience. A particular thank you to all of the staff at Rossio hostel who went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

• 6th Mar 2015

Outstanding location, our private room looked out over the square. The staff are super friendly and helpful, and put on activities most nights. The kitchen is adequate but a little dated. The showering area in the common bathrooms are a little small, particularly if you're staying in a dorm.

perfect location; super kind and helpful staff; super clean bathrooms and rooms. delicious breakfast; free tea and coffee all day long. excellent value for the money. highly recommended.

Really great hostel. Very comfortable and chilled out. I was in a double room with my girlfriend which was fantastic and the shared bathroom was no worries at all because they have two on the floor and not that many rooms. The breakfast was either pancakes or scrambled eggs on toast which was a great start to the morning and a good size portion. Staff were really friendly and helpful and they also have regular events at night (eg. Tapas, Carnival Party etc) Would definitely stay here again.

Room was cleaner and better tha in regular hotel. Staff was amazing - if you need any directions just ask.

While I got one of the smaller rooms in the hostel, the people (staff and travelers), the amenities, and the location made up for that! Plus my room had a space heater and a window that opened onto the streets, which made my stay nice. Their free breakfasts are great and the staff are beyond helpful. They also organize social activities at night (bar crawls, tapas and drinks at the hostel). Reserve a room in advance because even during the winter slow season this place gets booked up fast!

• 6th Jan 2015