Rossio Hostel Reviews

Cal�ada do Carmo, 6, 2nd floor right, Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome place. This hostel sets the bar really high!

Great location to start a sightseeing tour through Lisbon. The breakfast which was included was really good - pancakes and scrambled eggs - and the staff really nice. Everything was explained well right after arrival and we had a tour through the hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The staff were super helpful and we loved the breakfast (especially the nice breakfast ladies). Room was clean and the view amazing. Make sure they tell you about the lock on the entrance door though, so you get in at night!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Friendly staff, clean and fresh cooked nutella crepes for breakfast!

The hostel experience was excellent! From the accessible location which made it especially easy to find the hostel when we reach Lisbon to the excellent dinner suggestion they give, it has all made my Lisbon stay a wonderful one! Breakfast was good too and the people around are all extremely friendly.

Location couldn't be better, friendly, helpful staff, clean shared bathrooms, one of the better communal areas I've ever seen in a hostel and great kitchen and communal dining area to have a meal. Feels more like a home than a hostel. This property is definitely up there with the best of them. Will be my go to place anytime I'm in Lisbon.

Great atmosphere and super friendly staff! One of my favorite things was that breakfast is included and is delicious! The hostel is also well located. The only negative thing is that the rooms do not look at all like the pictures, however they are perfectly adequate. Will definitely stay here again when I come back!

The room was nice and very clean. Breakfast is good. Employees were available and very kind.

The common areas are locked at 12:00pm and there is also no one on the reception before 8am. Rooms are quite small.

What a welcome and what a team. Great stay, thanks

We had a great stay at the Rossio Hostel. It is very central and all the main sights are in walking distance. The view on our room was amazing, we were facing the Rossio Place and the castel! Delicious breakfast, you have the choice between scrambled eggs with toast or crepes with Nutella, both tasting very nice :-)

very awesome staff! breakfast is awesome! great activities planned every night, really easy to meet other travelers. awesome pub crawl! would stay here again!

The bedrooms are located on the floor above the common areas which made it much less noisy at night. This was also the only hostel that provided hot breakfast. It was incredible. The staff also had dinner for us the first night for 8 euros which was really good. They knew the city well and were very friendly. Great place to stay, close to the metro and Rossio train station.

The room was clean and the staff members were all really nice! I also really enjoyed the activities organized in the evenings. Totally recommended!

Rossio was our first hostel stay in Europe, and definitely one of the best. Breakfast included, Rossio is the only place that will cook you an individual breakfast item to order, eggs or crepe, in addition to normal continental fare. The staff was great, friendly, informative. Well organized kitchen and common area only open until midnight, but access to room is easy with a code and keycard and secure under-bed box for things. Would gladly return, highly recommended. Thanks, Rossio

• 23rd Jun 2015

A great hostel - perfect location and the best staff!

Perfect location. Nice restaurant at the entrance. Staff were super friendly and seemed to be genuinely cheery. Toilets and showers were clean. Internet only worked properly in the main part, in the rooms upstairs it was a bit hit and miss. But we didn't mind this. Would definitely stay there again and stay for longer.

• 19th Jun 2015

Right on the square which is convenient but you might lose sleep from the noise. No outlets to charge your phone in the bed. Good breakfast. Loved the style of the wood floors. Staff recommended all kinds of things, very helpful. They called me a taxi who didn't rip me off which is great! Comfy beds. Good washrooms. Overall I'd stay again but I'd avoid the loud weekends.

I personally really enjoyed stay in this hotels because in city centre and easily to go every where and also the staff very friendly and helpful. Hopefully see another times. Afonso

• 15th Jun 2015
  • East Timor

Big disadvantage is the noise from the street. The windows are very tin so I woke up quite often because of this.

• 12th Jun 2015