Rossio Hostel Reviews

Cal�ada do Carmo, 6, 2nd floor right, Lisbon, Portugal

Really great hostel. Very comfortable and chilled out. I was in a double room with my girlfriend which was fantastic and the shared bathroom was no worries at all because they have two on the floor and not that many rooms. The breakfast was either pancakes or scrambled eggs on toast which was a great start to the morning and a good size portion. Staff were really friendly and helpful and they also have regular events at night (eg. Tapas, Carnival Party etc) Would definitely stay here again.

While I got one of the smaller rooms in the hostel, the people (staff and travelers), the amenities, and the location made up for that! Plus my room had a space heater and a window that opened onto the streets, which made my stay nice. Their free breakfasts are great and the staff are beyond helpful. They also organize social activities at night (bar crawls, tapas and drinks at the hostel). Reserve a room in advance because even during the winter slow season this place gets booked up fast!

• 6th Jan 2015

Great stay at a great hostel with amazing staff! The best part of the stay at the hostel, in my opinion, was the staff, especially Maria who were so accommodating and couldn't do enough to help you. She was so friendly and a fountain of knowledge on Lisbon. Cleaniless-wise you can't fault the hostel, it was spotless. Super clean bathrooms and bedrooms and I saw the cleaner every day we were there. Location of the hostel is also amazing, couldn't be more central. Highly recommended!!

• 28th Dec 2014

Rossio Hostel is a really nice place to stay in Lisbon. They make a lovely breakfast and had lots of advice on what to do and where to go (Sintra, Belem etc.). The only thing missing may be a recommendation of the free walking tours of Lisbon that are highly worth to attend! Overall we truly enjoyed our stay! :)

Loved my stay there!

I loved my time in Lisbon and a large reason for that was the Rossio Hostel. A's across the board. My favorite parts were the central location, fresh-made breakfast, and the helpful relaxed staff. I will definitely be staying here again and recommending it to any friends heading to Lisbon.

• 18th Dec 2014

This is one of the top hostels I have ever been. Ideal location, close to Barrio Alto, just next to the Metro and Aero Bus, surrounded by restaurants, shops and everything you can need. Rooms are NEAT, and the toilets are cleaned daily. The Staff is superfriendly (specially Maria who helped us beyond any reasonable limit ;) ) and the breakfast was delicious. Easily a 10/10

Great! The staff was very friendly. It has all you need for an affordable price and a very good location

One of the best hostel! Location is nice, comfortable room and facility, lovely breakfast that staff cooked for guest was so nice, there are amazing staff! They are so helpful and friendly. Thank you so much! ありがとう :)

A great place to relax and to take a rest while you're visiting Lisboa, i'll come back. Good situation, good vibes, good people!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Stayed there for 3 nights and was very happy about everything. The staff is very nice and makes you feel home, the rooms are beautiful, the location is in the middle of everything, and the breakfast is great, too (you can chose fresh pan cakes or scrambles eggs). So all in all a perfect place to stay in Lisboa :-) !

The staff was really friendly and the breakfast was delicious! We joined the Tapas Night and the Pub Crawl and both was great, thanks to Maria :)

• 5th Dec 2014

Fab hostel, probably the best one we have EVER stayed in and we have been travelling for 6 months! They are so so nice and the rooms are lovely, extremely clean too. The view was also fab as was the location. If you don't stay here you are silly! All of the staff were so helpful and we could not have asked for more. Free breaky topped it all off and they cook for you too! Your missing out if you don't stay here :)

We had a nice stay at rossio. The location is great, right in th middle of the City with awesome view on rossio square. Breakfast and facilities are good too. Can only recommend!!

• 27th Nov 2014

It was the first time that I have stayed in this Hostel, but I liked very much.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

We love to stay again in Rossio hostel☺️

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

The staff at this hostel are extremely kind and helpful for whatever you need. The atmosphere created in the rooms/bathrooms/kitchen is very home like and comfortable. The breakfast(either scrambled eggs and toast, or crepes) is very delicious and includes cereal, tea, coffee, milk, and orange juice if you would like. You don't have to clean after yourself for breakfast because they want you to not waste time and get the most out of Lisbon. Night activities are organized every day as well.

• 21st Nov 2014

Great people there and great position! Likely to be at home

• 9th Nov 2014

They were so nice, friendly and helpful. They had everything that we needed. The place was so clean, and so safe. It made us feel very comfortable. I would most definitely go back if I ever return to Lisbon. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and they gave us great recommendations. They also had events every night. These did cost extra, but they were worth it. They were inexpensive and a great way to meet others. They also provided free breakfast, which was so delicious.

• 6th Nov 2014

Pros: Location probably can't get any better than that. Very good value for price. Con's: Beware of lot's of stairs. Also the lock that opens the door to the floor with the rooms is a bit tricky. Not the cleanest place on earth, but nothing too bad either. Overall a pleasant stay, would recommend for a short break.

• 31st Oct 2014