Rossio Hostel Reviews

Cal�ada do Carmo, 6, 2nd floor right, Lisbon, Portugal

Excellent place to stay!! Best location in the heart of Lisbon. Just watch out for the "fake drug" dealers on the streets

Best location, beautiful rooms, friendly staff, home-made pancakes for breakfast... I am yet to find a hostel that is comparable.

Another really great lisbon hostel. Everything you need with a great location and friendly staff. Strong wifi. Would highly recommend.

An amazing hostel in an amazing city! The staff gave us great advice such as to go to the tuesday flee market and to a good viewpoint of the city. The pancakes for breakfast were top notch as well! Would recommend the hostel to anyone wanting to explore Lisbon cheaply and comfortably :)

• 2nd Jul 2014

Prime location, friendly and efficient staff. My twin private had a gorgeous view of Rossio Square with the Alfama on the background. Good breakfast and very clean facilities. Be warned that the reception closes from late night to early morning, so plan your arrival accordingly. Make sure to get the tutorial on how to operate the showers - hot water is readily available but there are some tricks that must be learned beforehand. I would gladly stay at this hostel again.

Really nice hostel (more like a hotel tho)! Everything was great-the rooms, the decor, the facilities. The staff were very helpful and approachable! Breakfast was amazing and there was a really nice atmosphere 😃 the stairs was the only annoying thing but other than that id definitely be recommending it 😃

• 28th Jun 2014

In many hostels in lisboa, there is no second escape way in case of a big fire. Also, in the rossio hostel that's the case. A bit frightening if you stay on the top floor. A nice staff, nice atmosphere and interieur does the rest

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Stayed in the ensuite for 3 guest absolutely beautiful. Location is great. But yes lots of stairs and staff isnt very prepared or knowledgeable with things to do in Lisbon. But they are super nice.

I've loved my stay at Rossio Hostel. After having experimented in the same city a party hostel and a higher class one, I thought this one to be a perfect middle term. It has a nice common room, with a tv projected on giant screen ; people interact with each other ; but not too much emphasis is put in community life and activities. The locker is included, and I found the facilities to be proper to what I needed. The location of course is great.

Best location, great breakfast & awesome staff.

Location is great. Some staff were good, others kill the atmosphere. I really liked the projector screen in the common area. The room got really really hot, so much so that I didn't sleep one night for the noise. There needs to be rules about that. And maybe a 24 hour desk. Showers were either scorching or super cold. Whole place needs a good scrub.

Excellent Hostel! Thanks!

• 6th Jun 2014

Fantastic hostel in the centre of town with amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended to anyone who does not mind sharing the bathroom.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Exceeded our expectations. We were blown away by our room (Evora). Exposed brick, three separate areas, amazing view, extremely clean. The hostel was right in the middle of the city and close to everything including the metro and train stations. The staff are all super friendly and helpful, and they offer different activities every night. Would highly recommend saying here when in Lisbon.

One of the very best hostels We have stayed at.

This is my favorite hostel ! For sure one of the best hostels i ever been in my life.Very beautiful hostel,very good organized,perfect location,it is very clean hostel which is one of the most important thing.The atmosphere in hostel is perfect(i was twice in this hostel and i can confirm it :D ). And what to say about the people who are working in Rossio hostel... :D Everybody,i mean everybody are so nice and helpful,and i really felt surrounded by family and friends.Ate logo Lisboa! ;)

Staff @ the counter are great! Great place to chill out, well equiped. Cleaningstaff is a BIG BUMMER, they are very lazy.Especialy the older one isn't friendly at all, seems that she works against her will. Had a 6 night stay. My room was NEVER cleaned, waste bin NEVER emptyed out, had to trow my trash on the floor because it spilled over.Breakfast was good, prepared by cleansters,not friendly served. Drugdealers @ square nearby hostal are annoying and very pushy, plz take action against this!!

Good location, clean, friendly staff, free breakfast. Noting to complain about. Definitely I'll recommend Rossio Hostel to my friends.

We are a couple and were in a private room and the breakfast was great and our view was great and we loved our time here. Location couldn´t have been better, Patricia checked us in and gave us AWESOME food and sight seeing suggestions. She was fantastic, and our stay was fantastic!

Cuz there is a restraunt downstairs so it is really noisy late at night and early in the morning.