Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend springing for a private room though, the single rooms with just a fan get very hot, they're on the top floor and there's not a lot of air flow. Otherwise a very helpful staff and pleasant stay. Nice patio that overlooks the river, a good common area in the restaurant and a pool table. Tuk tuk drivers who work with Rosy were wonderful.

Lovely Guest House. Very family friendly - lots of kids running around. Staff is very genuine and eager to help. Gave me some great recommendations, including the circus!!

• 17th Jul 2015

This place is absolutely fantastic because of the owners and staff. They do an absolute wonderful job of creating a welcoming and social environment while also helping you maximize your time in Siem Reap by recommending activities and restaurants. If I was coming back or had friends coming, I would recommend Rosy's.

First off, the staff, facilities, food, and ambiance at Rosy are bar none some of the best you could ask for. My only minor gripe would be that the location is about a 15 minute walk from Pub Street and many restaurants; however, this makes it much quieter and it's about $2 to get into town by tuktuk. It is an EXCELLENT location to get to the temples and Tia and Smiley know all the ins and outs of how to get the best Angkor experience. In my opinion, there is no better deal in Siem Reap.

• 4th Jul 2015

Thanks so much for a great stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful, giving us advice on what to do and helping us to book the bus and a tour.

• 4th Jul 2015

Bit of an institution this Rosy's Guest House. Busy place for expats it seems. Friendly & happy staff..especially when dealing with problem tourist's! Aargh..this type are a pest! Trying their hardest to 'complicate a simple bloody lunch order'! Go for balcony room at river front. Pay a little more, but cool breeze, street-life to watch & large twin room Do it! Love this place & 100% stay here again. Garry Deutsher Tour Guide.

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff make this place, everyone went out of their way to help us and ensure that we got the most out of our short stay here and enjoyed ourselves! Nothing was too much bother (special shoutout to smiley!). Room was a bit dated, could have done with a coat of paint, but for the price you can't complain! Also lovely food from the restaurant in a very relaxing environment! Would definitely recommend Rosy guesthouse, but if you can't stand the heat get a room with air conditioning!

Overall our stay at Rosy was really great. The manager, Smiley, was helpful in giving us information about how to use tuk tuks and where to go in Angkor Wat. My only problem with staying there was that the bar trivia night was very loud, which would not have been a problem if we weren't wakened at 7:30AM the next morning by incredibly loud construction that made it impossible to sleep. I get that construction is a necessary part of a hotel, but I feel like guests should've been alerted.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We're glad you liked so many things about Rosy Guesthouse. Our twice monthly fundraiser nights can be loud and we welcome all guests to join us supporting local, vetted NGOs; more than $26,000 has been raised since we started running them! I'm sorry you were awoken by the construction noise. It's not from us it's a neighbouring building ~ we hope they will be completed soon!! Best wishes for your travels, Rachel and the Rosy Team

Great place a little ways away from "hip and happening" area. Although, it should be mentioned that some real is not that big. About a 4ish dollar tuk-tuk ride!

The best stay during my two months travel. Friendly and helpful staff. Cheap price but enjoy hotel services. Definitely will be back.

power cut all the time. cute cat in the house and good staffs

Hi, thank you for your review. We're happy that you chose to stay with us while in Siem Reap. Branston our cat is king of the house and loves it when guests tickle his fat belly! The electricity in Siem Reap is being upgraded and when connections are renewed we experience short power cuts. I'm sorry if this adversely affected your enjoyment of your stay; we hope that it will be completed soon and Siem Reap will soon have an improved power system! Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Team

Great price but the room was really hot and the fan couldn't do anything about it. Friendly staff and ok food. Construction going on next door so get out early or be prepared for a lot of noise.

Owner went out of his way to help us and organise a special tour. Very much appreciated!

Excellent hostel. Location is easy to find along the river area, also near certain business and commercial establishments, as well as the Old Quarter and Night Market. Staff are friendly, open, and accommodating. Food is excellent too. The room I was in can get quite hot in the afternoon, and there was construction ongoing next door that can wake you up really early in the morning. But other than that, I had a wonderful stay.

"Beware of anyone who says they know. Trust me, they don't, or they wouldn't have to say they did." -Harvey Fierstein. When you get to Rosy Guesthouse, you will greeted by a smiley guy named "Smiley." Smiley will promise you the world -- a "hidden" circuit of Angkor Wat temples, the Cambodian Circus, and a river cruise on Tonle Sac Lake. He was no god among men and he can be fickle. Big fans!

Cheers for your review. Indeed, Smiley doesn't know it all, but he's happy to share what he knows to help our new friends enjoy their time in SR. "I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other." Happy Travels! Rachel and The Rosy Team

Smiley was a terrific assistance to us and gave great advise regarding our trip to the temples. Thanks from Matt and Kayt!

• 31st May 2015

Really nice guesthouse. Staff were helpful and nice, food was good (real chip shop chips!). Location mans a little walk to the main part of Siem Reap but not a problem, a $2 tuktuk to the centre if your feeling lazy. Room has a DVD player and big selection of films. Beer for a $. Got a feeling we got slightly ripped off for our onward travel tickets, but nothing serious. Overall a great guesthouse and would stay here again if in town. They also sort out good trips and a nice tuktuk driver.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a good time with us, enjoying many aspects of our guesthouse. We choose buses based on which we'd be happy taking our children on; these are often not the cheapest ones. We also allow for phone calls to chase the pick up prior to the bus, which often is needed to reassure guests they've not been left behind! As such I feel our bus prices are fair, however we review rates on an ongoing basis. Best wishes for your future travels, Rachel & The Rosy Team

If the only purpose is cheap lodging, this is the place. The menu is also good at the cafe downstairs. I was there for less than 24 hours and the power went out twice for prolonged periods. To my knowledge, most businesses in the area have their own generator for electricity - it would be a great improvement.

Hello, thank you for your review. Recently there was a storm which completely destroyed hundreds of houses in nearby communities; we luckily just experienced a power cut. Since then Siem Reap town has experienced frequent, unplanned but thankfully short lived power cuts which we hope will end soon. As per the majority of SR businesses we do not have a generator; we have not needed one in the past. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Siem Reap nevertheless. Best wishes, Rachel & The Rosy Team

Really friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere. It's a nice location right on the river, easy walking to most parts of town. I'd definitely recommend!

Stayed for three nights here in May 2015, great location with tuk tuks constantly waiting out front and very nice place overall. Food is good and the staff is friendly, however, would definitely suggest one of the AC rooms as the basic fan one was small and very cramped/hot which made it difficult to sleep (I guess you get what you pay for).

« first « Prev 1 2 3