Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The bedroom was extremely hot and the food a little overpriced, but overall not a bad place to stay.

English food done right! Ex-Pat guest house right next to the river. nice a relaxed atmosphere when we were there. Felt a lot like staying at an Inn in England. Good staff. Decent enough location. Decent dvd collection for those lazy nights. Nice bar area.

Best place to stay in siem reap. Smiley can only be described as a legend, on arrival he informed us of all things in the area, he was friendly, even let me borrow his charger!They serve the best western food in siem reap but when I told him I wanted local food he recommended an amazing place with great food around the corner. My only regret is that I didn't spend my entire time in siem reap there. The staff were excellent, room perfect, literally couldn't ask for anything more, STAY HERE!!

English/Australian/Khmer staff were really friendly and gave us some pretty good advice about Siem Reap as well as other locations on our trip. Food was really good! Started in a room with just a fan which did get a little hot but the room with A/C was really nice. Range of DVDs, books, the pool table and a variety of games kept us amused of a rainy evening too. Would stay here again.

Rosy guesthouse is a lovely place to stay if you want to have a relaxed stay in Siem Reap without any hassle and noise. The services they offer (tuktuk and guide for temple, bus tickets, tours outside of SR) are all on the expensive side, but good quality is guaranteed and you will not get scammed. The restaurant is great for a fix of Western food that is not too expensive and very delicious!

Our room was constantly infested with mosquitos every time we came in. The bed sheets had stains and underneath the bed looked like it hadn't ever been cleaned as there was a pile of dust when we moved it to put up a mosquito net. The DVD range was quite poor and the DVD player kept stopping and starting. The location is a 15 minute walk in to town, which isn't too bad. The rooms are cheap, but no breakfast included. Food good but pricey. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Our stay at Rosy Guesthouse was really nice. Staff was great! Extraordinary helpful and know everything about the spots near the guesthouse. Our room was not that big, but totally enough for 2 persons and for that price. Breakfast was very good. You have to pay for it, but the prices are fair. Definitely have to try the Vietnamese iced coffee! On our last day we hadn't had enough time to go to the post office (sending postcards) so the staff handled it for us, so nice!

I enjoyed my stay there, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is rather good, not too far from Pub Street/Markets. It was quite convenient to have breakfasts in their restaurant which serves both Western and local food.

Awesome staff, very helpful when we needed to extend our stay and buy bus tickets and for the circus. Only a 15 minute walk to pub street along the canal, and not far from many good restaurants. Their restaurant at the hostel was awesome!!! I thought it was pricey at first but the quality and portion size were worth the money!!! Try the fish amok! (Didn't have anything that we didn't like though!) I would stay again!!

• 26th Jun 2014

Had a great stay at Rosy Guesthouse. Not necessarily a backpacker location, but it was within walking distance of pub street and the downstairs bar was lively and has a pool table for entertainment too. The staff were so friendly and helpful, in particular Smiley, and all spoke good english. Only stayed one night so didn't get a chance to try the food, but it smelt delicious!

Really nice place to stay! Is about a 10min walk from pub street, night market and all the man town attractions. $10tuk for most of the day to see Angkor Wat and very good atmosphere. TV in your room (even with the small twin room we got) free DVDs downstairs. Room cleaned everyday and 2 free bottles of water. Toilets always have toilet paper!! Staff are very accommodating and helpful with tips of what to do. Felt right at home and kept booking extra nights as we didn't want to leave.Will be bak

• 12th Jun 2014

A fun place that caters for lots of expat English people. Management were helpful and we enjoyed staying there.

Amazing staff! So helpful and friendly. Loved the terrace, it was a great place to relax after a long day of exploring. Short bike ride from Angkor wat and short walk to city centre. Cleanliness was ok, a few small stains on bed sheets and strange odor in our room, but rooms were cleaned everyday so that was nice. Also- member of child safe and supported community initiatives for Cambodians. Overall- amazing value for money.

The stay at Rosy guesthouse far exceeded our expectations. The facilities were fantastic, and the staff was very helpful, and always went out of their way to help us out.

• 18th May 2014

Our third time staying here. Love everything about this place. Amazing food and great people.

Staff members were really nice and helpful, the tuktuk drivers were in front of the hotel, but not annoying at all. Nice free pickup and price quality is just excellent. I stayed in a small 2pers. room with shared bathroom, it was small but what do you expect for such a price. If I would book it again, I would go for the bigger rooms WITH A/C since the heat was really killing me in the night, but that could also be just the season right now. Would definitely recommend you guys!

This was my oasis in Cambodia as an English speaking swf traveler. They're amazingly compassionate, helpful, experienced and accommodating. I recommend it to anyone. Beautiful bar, terrace, music, and rooms.

• 8th May 2014

I've had a very pleasant stay at Rosy. The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The guesthouse provides a lot of information and will help you in planing all sorts of trips in and around siem reap. My room was spacious and clean. The 2 complimentary bottles of water every day comes in very handy in the hot cambodian sun. The food prepared in the guesthouse tastes great and is sold at a fair price. The overall experience was very good. Thank you,

• 27th Apr 2014

Appreciated the free Airport pickup, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, relaxed and budget-friendly option.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Fantastic guesthouse! Free airport pick up, free wifi (works well throughout the whole building), free DVD's to borrow. Excellent food and many western favourites! Location is good on the waterfront, it's probably 10mins walk into town and pub street but a tuk tuk is only $1-$2. Excellent tuk tuk driver called Thai who took us to the temples and into town many times! We stayed in a small double with a fan which for us was a bit small. I'd definitely stay again but with air con room next time.