Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Our stay at Rosy Guesthouse was really nice. Staff was great! Extraordinary helpful and know everything about the spots near the guesthouse. Our room was not that big, but totally enough for 2 persons and for that price. Breakfast was very good. You have to pay for it, but the prices are fair. Definitely have to try the Vietnamese iced coffee! On our last day we hadn't had enough time to go to the post office (sending postcards) so the staff handled it for us, so nice!

I enjoyed my stay there, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is rather good, not too far from Pub Street/Markets. It was quite convenient to have breakfasts in their restaurant which serves both Western and local food.

Awesome staff, very helpful when we needed to extend our stay and buy bus tickets and for the circus. Only a 15 minute walk to pub street along the canal, and not far from many good restaurants. Their restaurant at the hostel was awesome!!! I thought it was pricey at first but the quality and portion size were worth the money!!! Try the fish amok! (Didn't have anything that we didn't like though!) I would stay again!!

• 26th Jun 2014

Had a great stay at Rosy Guesthouse. Not necessarily a backpacker location, but it was within walking distance of pub street and the downstairs bar was lively and has a pool table for entertainment too. The staff were so friendly and helpful, in particular Smiley, and all spoke good english. Only stayed one night so didn't get a chance to try the food, but it smelt delicious!

Really nice place to stay! Is about a 10min walk from pub street, night market and all the man town attractions. $10tuk for most of the day to see Angkor Wat and very good atmosphere. TV in your room (even with the small twin room we got) free DVDs downstairs. Room cleaned everyday and 2 free bottles of water. Toilets always have toilet paper!! Staff are very accommodating and helpful with tips of what to do. Felt right at home and kept booking extra nights as we didn't want to leave.Will be bak

• 12th Jun 2014

A fun place that caters for lots of expat English people. Management were helpful and we enjoyed staying there.

Amazing staff! So helpful and friendly. Loved the terrace, it was a great place to relax after a long day of exploring. Short bike ride from Angkor wat and short walk to city centre. Cleanliness was ok, a few small stains on bed sheets and strange odor in our room, but rooms were cleaned everyday so that was nice. Also- member of child safe and supported community initiatives for Cambodians. Overall- amazing value for money.

The stay at Rosy guesthouse far exceeded our expectations. The facilities were fantastic, and the staff was very helpful, and always went out of their way to help us out.

• 18th May 2014

Our third time staying here. Love everything about this place. Amazing food and great people.

Staff members were really nice and helpful, the tuktuk drivers were in front of the hotel, but not annoying at all. Nice free pickup and price quality is just excellent. I stayed in a small 2pers. room with shared bathroom, it was small but what do you expect for such a price. If I would book it again, I would go for the bigger rooms WITH A/C since the heat was really killing me in the night, but that could also be just the season right now. Would definitely recommend you guys!

This was my oasis in Cambodia as an English speaking swf traveler. They're amazingly compassionate, helpful, experienced and accommodating. I recommend it to anyone. Beautiful bar, terrace, music, and rooms.

• 8th May 2014

I've had a very pleasant stay at Rosy. The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The guesthouse provides a lot of information and will help you in planing all sorts of trips in and around siem reap. My room was spacious and clean. The 2 complimentary bottles of water every day comes in very handy in the hot cambodian sun. The food prepared in the guesthouse tastes great and is sold at a fair price. The overall experience was very good. Thank you,

• 27th Apr 2014

Appreciated the free Airport pickup, very helpful and knowledgeable staff, relaxed and budget-friendly option.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Fantastic guesthouse! Free airport pick up, free wifi (works well throughout the whole building), free DVD's to borrow. Excellent food and many western favourites! Location is good on the waterfront, it's probably 10mins walk into town and pub street but a tuk tuk is only $1-$2. Excellent tuk tuk driver called Thai who took us to the temples and into town many times! We stayed in a small double with a fan which for us was a bit small. I'd definitely stay again but with air con room next time.

Amazing burgers and food in general!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

The hostel itself is lovely but the rooms aren't so great. They're very small, definitely too small for 2 people and also get incredibly hot... It was cooler stepping outside! The food is also really expensive for what it is I felt. The staff are nice though and there's some nice chill areas.

Avoid that rip off place! Booked a Basic Double Room with what they call it a 3/4 Double Bed. It was 9 Dollar. The room was not a double room at all, it is actually a storeroom with a single bed and appr. 6-7 sqm. When we put our luggage in the room it was full. No place to walk or stand! Asking the old owner about smth. bigger he offered a room for a ridiculous price and said: That's what you get for 9 $. It's not like that: We got a nice big room in a different hotel incl. Breaky for 10 $!

• 11th Apr 2014

Hi, We were expecting your negative review after your unpleasantness to our staff. The room you booked with us was one of our double rooms with shared bathrooms; our welcome email stated the size of the bed. These are popular rooms with budget travellers, I'm sorry that the room wasn't big enough for you or what you were expecting. You were offered one of our much larger en suite, air conditioned rooms at a large discount which you refused. I'm glad you found something to suit you while in SR.

Great! Clean, and relax! Meet some couple cool people, it is only 2 dollars tuk tuk drive to the pub street, so the location is perfect for those who wants to party but then wants a good night sleep

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Excellent customer service (all the staff is amazing), great food/beer prices, very clean and comfortable room (fan, ac and nice bed in the private ensuite) and only a $2 tuktuk ride to Pub Street. No complaints but it has left me with a lot of expectations for the rest of my travel in SE Asia.

great place to stay