Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

We had an amazing time staying at Rosy's. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and were more than happy to assist in any way possible to enhance our experiences in Cambodia. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family interested in visiting the country!

• 29th Jan 2016

The staff, particularly the manager known simply as "Smiley", was great! In addition to regular duties such as waiting tables, bar tending, house keeping, etc., services included arranging visas, transportation to your following destination, and even finding tuk tuk drivers who could be trusted. One night, we were taken advantage of by a tuk tuk driver which bummed us out but Smiley made up for it with some free beer; he's just that kind of guy. Love you Smiley :)

Great, safe, clean place. Smiley can arrange tours for you. And the money goes straight to the driver as you pay the driver. No middle man money's better for the driver and family. They do rent bikes and you can walk safely to the night market and back, just use common sense too...lol ther is a restuarant on site and a bar which you'll meet other travelers, if you wanted too, wifi good connectivity throught out the builiding and a nice spot on second floor just to chill out in privacy....

Free pick up by tuktuk is included, which is very nice if you arrive at 5am in the night! Our driver Thom took us to the hostel, then straight to Angkor Wat for sunrise, back to Rosy for breakfast, and back again to Angkor Wat to drive us around the temples until sunset. We had an amazing day thanks to Thom, who you should definitely ask for if you need a tuktuk driver / guide to show you around Angkor.

We absolutely loved staying here! It was so relaxing and the staff treated us like old friends!

Rosey's is a gem. It is clean, comfortable and welcoming . I have never used a guest house for the varied services they offer. I just used them for a place to crash. Rosey's is more than a backpackers place. Smiley is a font of information and experience that he shares gladly and freely. Rosey's sorted out my Vietnam visa overnight. They sorted out my transport to my next stop. I would recommend them without any reservation. Outstanding place and staff.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel, overall, is a nice place and if you can afford a larger room it seemed really quite nice. We stayed in a double and the room was tiny and sooooo hot! The single fan was not much relief. The shared bathrooms were clean. It's a bit far from all Siem reap has to offer but is a great location for biking to and from Angkor wat.

Stayed in the budget room for 4 nights, small but good value for money, can get quite warm and lots of insects. Cleaners went through our bags and laundry service kept some of our clothes - followed up with staff and got no reply. If staying make sure you speak to the owner he has great suggestions for temple itinerary which the rest of the staff don't pass on and the staff overcharge on tuk tuks, tried to charge us $35 for a day and later the owner quoted us $25 for longer day. Bikes are great

Thank you for your 2nd review today. I would like to let potential guests know that we were not informed of any allegation of our staff going through your bags; we take that allegation very seriously and your reviews today is the first we have heard of it. I presume you don’t feel anything was taken from your belongings else I’m sure you would say. We do not tolerate stealing at the guesthouse; the police would be called. I’ve been discussing you with our staff today and I emailed you this morning (prior to seeing your reviews) to let you know what we’d found out from our 3rd party laundry supplier who we’ve been speaking with since your quite impolite email about two items of lost laundry. I’m glad that our staff took the time to sit down with you and let you know about temple tours (in their second language) as I said in my other reply to you we appreciate that Western, well travelled staff can give much more pertinent information to travellers, hence we make sure that our Western staff or one of the owners is on site all the time. We do not take commission or payment for tuk tuks; the prices we quote are suggested prices for different itineraries that depends on distance travelled more than duration, I’m sorry if you did not understand this. I hope that you find more suitable accommodation for the rest of your trip and I’d advise if you feel items are missing from your laundry to contact the business quicker than one week after your stay. Rachel and The Rosy Team

The staff here were great! Super friendly, and gave me fruits to try. The restaurant on the ground floor was yummy! Great fish and chips and western style breakfast. My room was cleaned daily and I got new towels everyday. Linens were clean. The bathroom could use a little more scrubbing, but overall fairly clean place:)

• 15th Jan 2016

Rosy guesthouse provided a wonderful home base of operation for my 3 day stay in Siem Reap. Smiley at the bar greeted us on our first night and they have everything you need there, solid food western and Khmer and they will just keep a tab with you that you settle on your way out. The rooftop patio was a nice place to hang and have a smoke in the evenings. The staff also is happy to go out for a drink. Kuhn Thea took us out for a fun meal and dancing the last night of our stay. I Will be back TY

• 11th Jan 2016

Nice friendly hotel.great for money. Really helpfull stuff.

Awesome hostel with amazing service!

This guesthouse was great, the staff super friendly, very good quality-price ratio. The only thing that I missed as a solo traveler was the interaction with other guests in the common areas.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Apart from the owner, who, for a reason only he knows, didn't like us and treated us differently to other guests from the the beginning and seemed horribly annoyed whenever we asked something, its a nice hostel. clean enough, all the other staff was nice to us. the owner was just behind the bar in the evening, so during the day it was a much nicer place. It's close enough to walk to town and be quiet. another unpleasant thing: people smoke everywhere in the hostel. I wouldn't stay again.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry that you didn't get on with our evening bar manager, this is not the experience of most guests who mention Smiley by name as a highlight of their stay. It seems to have overshadowed your stay with us so I'm sorry about that. On a side note all of our rooms are non smoking and have been for years. We allow smoking in communal areas; balcony, bar and restaurant and reception area though. We appreciate if guests do not smoke in corridors however. As a non smoker myself I understand how unpleasant smoke fumes can be. I hope that you enjoyed your onward travels. Kind regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.

Very freindly and cosy place

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Czech Republic

Stayed here longer than expected and it was perfect as it is a bit out of the trouble in pub street but still all in walking distance.Also very night staff!!

Good and good also good ...

Fantastic place to stay. Friendly staff, good atmosphere and super location

Don't be deceived by the apparent compactness of Siem Reap - this hostel is at least 15 minutes on foot from the centre of town. It is however much closer to Angkor Wat as a result, meaning a tour by bicycle from the hostel is not impossible. Our room was very poky with a shared (albeit spotless) bathroom. The bar/restaurant was good value and had a nice atmosphere. The proprietor was very helpful and offered us tips on less visited temples, if you want to avoid the crowds of Angkor.

A fantastic guesthouse, just outside the main hub of pub street though walking distance. A little oasis along the river, the staff are very friendly and helpful with anything that is required. The atmosphere is great, the facilities are very comfortable and the staff have great recommendations for local attractions, restaurants and pools to visit to escape the heat. A guesthouse that also gives back to the local community through regular quiz nights. Thoroughly enjoyed, thoroughly recommend.