Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Bit of an institution this Rosy's Guest House. Busy place for expats it seems. Friendly & happy staff..especially when dealing with problem tourist's! Aargh..this type are a pest! Trying their hardest to 'complicate a simple bloody lunch order'! Go for balcony room at river front. Pay a little more, but cool breeze, street-life to watch & large twin room Do it! Love this place & 100% stay here again. Garry Deutsher Tour Guide.

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff make this place, everyone went out of their way to help us and ensure that we got the most out of our short stay here and enjoyed ourselves! Nothing was too much bother (special shoutout to smiley!). Room was a bit dated, could have done with a coat of paint, but for the price you can't complain! Also lovely food from the restaurant in a very relaxing environment! Would definitely recommend Rosy guesthouse, but if you can't stand the heat get a room with air conditioning!

Great place a little ways away from "hip and happening" area. Although, it should be mentioned that some real is not that big. About a 4ish dollar tuk-tuk ride!

The best stay during my two months travel. Friendly and helpful staff. Cheap price but enjoy hotel services. Definitely will be back.

power cut all the time. cute cat in the house and good staffs

Hi, thank you for your review. We're happy that you chose to stay with us while in Siem Reap. Branston our cat is king of the house and loves it when guests tickle his fat belly! The electricity in Siem Reap is being upgraded and when connections are renewed we experience short power cuts. I'm sorry if this adversely affected your enjoyment of your stay; we hope that it will be completed soon and Siem Reap will soon have an improved power system! Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Team

Great price but the room was really hot and the fan couldn't do anything about it. Friendly staff and ok food. Construction going on next door so get out early or be prepared for a lot of noise.

Excellent hostel. Location is easy to find along the river area, also near certain business and commercial establishments, as well as the Old Quarter and Night Market. Staff are friendly, open, and accommodating. Food is excellent too. The room I was in can get quite hot in the afternoon, and there was construction ongoing next door that can wake you up really early in the morning. But other than that, I had a wonderful stay.

Smiley was a terrific assistance to us and gave great advise regarding our trip to the temples. Thanks from Matt and Kayt!

• 31st May 2015

Really nice guesthouse. Staff were helpful and nice, food was good (real chip shop chips!). Location mans a little walk to the main part of Siem Reap but not a problem, a $2 tuktuk to the centre if your feeling lazy. Room has a DVD player and big selection of films. Beer for a $. Got a feeling we got slightly ripped off for our onward travel tickets, but nothing serious. Overall a great guesthouse and would stay here again if in town. They also sort out good trips and a nice tuktuk driver.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a good time with us, enjoying many aspects of our guesthouse. We choose buses based on which we'd be happy taking our children on; these are often not the cheapest ones. We also allow for phone calls to chase the pick up prior to the bus, which often is needed to reassure guests they've not been left behind! As such I feel our bus prices are fair, however we review rates on an ongoing basis. Best wishes for your future travels, Rachel & The Rosy Team

If the only purpose is cheap lodging, this is the place. The menu is also good at the cafe downstairs. I was there for less than 24 hours and the power went out twice for prolonged periods. To my knowledge, most businesses in the area have their own generator for electricity - it would be a great improvement.

Hello, thank you for your review. Recently there was a storm which completely destroyed hundreds of houses in nearby communities; we luckily just experienced a power cut. Since then Siem Reap town has experienced frequent, unplanned but thankfully short lived power cuts which we hope will end soon. As per the majority of SR businesses we do not have a generator; we have not needed one in the past. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Siem Reap nevertheless. Best wishes, Rachel & The Rosy Team

Really friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere. It's a nice location right on the river, easy walking to most parts of town. I'd definitely recommend!

Stayed for three nights here in May 2015, great location with tuk tuks constantly waiting out front and very nice place overall. Food is good and the staff is friendly, however, would definitely suggest one of the AC rooms as the basic fan one was small and very cramped/hot which made it difficult to sleep (I guess you get what you pay for).

Very pleasant stay at rosy guest house, staff were very attentive and friendly. Ask Smiley about his flaming lips! 😊

I really like this place. The cheaper double rooms at the top have a nice atmosphere and I like being in a slightly quieter bit of Siem Reap away from the backpacker ghetto. Big choice of food and all was great that I tried.

We absolutely loved it here and wished we could have stayed longer. These guys know exactly what they are doing, decor was very tasteful, everything spotless and our linen and towels smelt so fresh. It is difficult to find somewhere like this in Cambodia and we would 100% recommend staying here to our friends. On top of the security, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, airiness of the whole place- the price is the same as places of a way lower standard. It's a no brainer to stay here. Thank you!

We spent five nights in Rosy and everything is good, although it's a little bit far from the city center(still within walking distance which is good enough). Food is excellent and my favorite there is beef lok lak...definitely recommend the GH.

The rooms were very tidy. The air conditioning was a little bit weak, but it was still very manageable. The two owners are very helpful and the tuk tuk driver that works there was one of the friendliest, most helpful men we have ever met--and he doesn't even speak English! The location is about a 15 minute walk from Pub street, so if you want to spend time there you could probably find a closer hostel, but overall this place was great.

My brother and I got a private room with a bathroom. The room was very clean. The maids came in every day and cleaned the room as well. The air con was awesome especially with the crazy hot weather in Cambodia. The bathroom was good. The classic hostel bathroom with the shower, toilet, and sink all together. There were some ants in the bathroom but that is to be expected in hostels no matter how nice. The staff was so helpful with booking things. This place was so great and the food amazing.

Staff where fantastic,organised a tuk tuk for two days round the temples and bus tickets.Room clean and tidy.easy w alk into town just count the four bridges.br eakf ast was great

Staff is friendly and helpful. Food is really good! Locations is nice!

« first « Prev 1 2 3