Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Enjoyable stay and great value, staff were very friendly, and helpful with local information. Its an pleasant 10/15 min walk along the river in to the main town. We opted for the cheapest fan double, great value, but small and very hot, probably worth paying a little extra for a/c!

Thank you guys so much for your hospitality. The room was excellent, as was your staff. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

• 4th Aug 2015

On the average that I had not a clue what to expect upon arrival in Siem Reap, at 10PM, Wifi was bad, but eventually got a connection, booked a room through Hostelworld.com with a small budget, found Rosy's Guesthouse for $7. Had to hire a taxi, last minute, reimbursed. Arrived,1 room was avail w/welcome drink. Big enough for me and a backpack. Had 1 fan and TV, shared toilet w/small shower. Lots of mosquitoes and very HOT. I could not sleep. I rate it 6 out of 10 for convenience backpackers.

• 31st Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. Following your comments we have had our WiFi checked and are having another access point added for a strong signal in all rooms. Our driver went to the bus station instead of the airport, I'm glad that you were able to get to us ok anyway; this was indeed fully reimbursed. Our budget rooms are very popular but as they are fan only in Cambodia they can get hot. I'm sorry you had an issue with mosquitoes; spray is available, if requested. From Rachel and The Rosy Team

Every person working at Rosy's is so very friendly and helpful. A great place for someone travelling on their own as the atmosphere is so welcoming and relaxed. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 27th Jul 2015

Great hostel where all the staff went out of their way to help us. They are great at arranging tours of the temples and have a set of really nice tuk tuk drivers for temple seeing. The hostel is a little bit of a walk into town but it served nice food in the restaurant downstairs. There was a large DVD collection to borrow and a nice outdoor lounge area to chill in.

The staff at rosys guesthouse was very friendly. They arranged a free pick up from the bus station and smiley was very knowledgable about ankor wat and the area. He had some great suggestions I would definitely recommend listening too. The location is a little outside the super touristy area which is great. They provide a picnic service so you can take breakfast or lunch to go to the temples.

I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend springing for a private room though, the single rooms with just a fan get very hot, they're on the top floor and there's not a lot of air flow. Otherwise a very helpful staff and pleasant stay. Nice patio that overlooks the river, a good common area in the restaurant and a pool table. Tuk tuk drivers who work with Rosy were wonderful.

Lovely Guest House. Very family friendly - lots of kids running around. Staff is very genuine and eager to help. Gave me some great recommendations, including the circus!!

• 17th Jul 2015

This place is absolutely fantastic because of the owners and staff. They do an absolute wonderful job of creating a welcoming and social environment while also helping you maximize your time in Siem Reap by recommending activities and restaurants. If I was coming back or had friends coming, I would recommend Rosy's.

First off, the staff, facilities, food, and ambiance at Rosy are bar none some of the best you could ask for. My only minor gripe would be that the location is about a 15 minute walk from Pub Street and many restaurants; however, this makes it much quieter and it's about $2 to get into town by tuktuk. It is an EXCELLENT location to get to the temples and Tia and Smiley know all the ins and outs of how to get the best Angkor experience. In my opinion, there is no better deal in Siem Reap.

• 4th Jul 2015

Thanks so much for a great stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful, giving us advice on what to do and helping us to book the bus and a tour.

• 4th Jul 2015

Bit of an institution this Rosy's Guest House. Busy place for expats it seems. Friendly & happy staff..especially when dealing with problem tourist's! Aargh..this type are a pest! Trying their hardest to 'complicate a simple bloody lunch order'! Go for balcony room at river front. Pay a little more, but cool breeze, street-life to watch & large twin room Do it! Love this place & 100% stay here again. Garry Deutsher Tour Guide.

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff make this place, everyone went out of their way to help us and ensure that we got the most out of our short stay here and enjoyed ourselves! Nothing was too much bother (special shoutout to smiley!). Room was a bit dated, could have done with a coat of paint, but for the price you can't complain! Also lovely food from the restaurant in a very relaxing environment! Would definitely recommend Rosy guesthouse, but if you can't stand the heat get a room with air conditioning!

Overall our stay at Rosy was really great. The manager, Smiley, was helpful in giving us information about how to use tuk tuks and where to go in Angkor Wat. My only problem with staying there was that the bar trivia night was very loud, which would not have been a problem if we weren't wakened at 7:30AM the next morning by incredibly loud construction that made it impossible to sleep. I get that construction is a necessary part of a hotel, but I feel like guests should've been alerted.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. We're glad you liked so many things about Rosy Guesthouse. Our twice monthly fundraiser nights can be loud and we welcome all guests to join us supporting local, vetted NGOs; more than $26,000 has been raised since we started running them! I'm sorry you were awoken by the construction noise. It's not from us it's a neighbouring building ~ we hope they will be completed soon!! Best wishes for your travels, Rachel and the Rosy Team

Great place a little ways away from "hip and happening" area. Although, it should be mentioned that some real is not that big. About a 4ish dollar tuk-tuk ride!

The best stay during my two months travel. Friendly and helpful staff. Cheap price but enjoy hotel services. Definitely will be back.

power cut all the time. cute cat in the house and good staffs

Hi, thank you for your review. We're happy that you chose to stay with us while in Siem Reap. Branston our cat is king of the house and loves it when guests tickle his fat belly! The electricity in Siem Reap is being upgraded and when connections are renewed we experience short power cuts. I'm sorry if this adversely affected your enjoyment of your stay; we hope that it will be completed soon and Siem Reap will soon have an improved power system! Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Team

Great price but the room was really hot and the fan couldn't do anything about it. Friendly staff and ok food. Construction going on next door so get out early or be prepared for a lot of noise.

Owner went out of his way to help us and organise a special tour. Very much appreciated!

Excellent hostel. Location is easy to find along the river area, also near certain business and commercial establishments, as well as the Old Quarter and Night Market. Staff are friendly, open, and accommodating. Food is excellent too. The room I was in can get quite hot in the afternoon, and there was construction ongoing next door that can wake you up really early in the morning. But other than that, I had a wonderful stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3