Rosy Guest House Reviews

No 74, Slor Kram VIllage, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

"Beware of anyone who says they know. Trust me, they don't, or they wouldn't have to say they did." -Harvey Fierstein. When you get to Rosy Guesthouse, you will greeted by a smiley guy named "Smiley." Smiley will promise you the world -- a "hidden" circuit of Angkor Wat temples, the Cambodian Circus, and a river cruise on Tonle Sac Lake. He was no god among men and he can be fickle. Big fans!

Cheers for your review. Indeed, Smiley doesn't know it all, but he's happy to share what he knows to help our new friends enjoy their time in SR. "I do believe in putting good out into the world. And I believe in taking care of each other." Happy Travels! Rachel and The Rosy Team

Smiley was a terrific assistance to us and gave great advise regarding our trip to the temples. Thanks from Matt and Kayt!

• 31st May 2015

Really nice guesthouse. Staff were helpful and nice, food was good (real chip shop chips!). Location mans a little walk to the main part of Siem Reap but not a problem, a $2 tuktuk to the centre if your feeling lazy. Room has a DVD player and big selection of films. Beer for a $. Got a feeling we got slightly ripped off for our onward travel tickets, but nothing serious. Overall a great guesthouse and would stay here again if in town. They also sort out good trips and a nice tuktuk driver.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a good time with us, enjoying many aspects of our guesthouse. We choose buses based on which we'd be happy taking our children on; these are often not the cheapest ones. We also allow for phone calls to chase the pick up prior to the bus, which often is needed to reassure guests they've not been left behind! As such I feel our bus prices are fair, however we review rates on an ongoing basis. Best wishes for your future travels, Rachel & The Rosy Team

If the only purpose is cheap lodging, this is the place. The menu is also good at the cafe downstairs. I was there for less than 24 hours and the power went out twice for prolonged periods. To my knowledge, most businesses in the area have their own generator for electricity - it would be a great improvement.

Hello, thank you for your review. Recently there was a storm which completely destroyed hundreds of houses in nearby communities; we luckily just experienced a power cut. Since then Siem Reap town has experienced frequent, unplanned but thankfully short lived power cuts which we hope will end soon. As per the majority of SR businesses we do not have a generator; we have not needed one in the past. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Siem Reap nevertheless. Best wishes, Rachel & The Rosy Team

Really friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere. It's a nice location right on the river, easy walking to most parts of town. I'd definitely recommend!

Stayed for three nights here in May 2015, great location with tuk tuks constantly waiting out front and very nice place overall. Food is good and the staff is friendly, however, would definitely suggest one of the AC rooms as the basic fan one was small and very cramped/hot which made it difficult to sleep (I guess you get what you pay for).

Very pleasant stay at rosy guest house, staff were very attentive and friendly. Ask Smiley about his flaming lips! 😊

I really like this place. The cheaper double rooms at the top have a nice atmosphere and I like being in a slightly quieter bit of Siem Reap away from the backpacker ghetto. Big choice of food and all was great that I tried.

We absolutely loved it here and wished we could have stayed longer. These guys know exactly what they are doing, decor was very tasteful, everything spotless and our linen and towels smelt so fresh. It is difficult to find somewhere like this in Cambodia and we would 100% recommend staying here to our friends. On top of the security, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, airiness of the whole place- the price is the same as places of a way lower standard. It's a no brainer to stay here. Thank you!

We spent five nights in Rosy and everything is good, although it's a little bit far from the city center(still within walking distance which is good enough). Food is excellent and my favorite there is beef lok lak...definitely recommend the GH.

The rooms were very tidy. The air conditioning was a little bit weak, but it was still very manageable. The two owners are very helpful and the tuk tuk driver that works there was one of the friendliest, most helpful men we have ever met--and he doesn't even speak English! The location is about a 15 minute walk from Pub street, so if you want to spend time there you could probably find a closer hostel, but overall this place was great.

My brother and I got a private room with a bathroom. The room was very clean. The maids came in every day and cleaned the room as well. The air con was awesome especially with the crazy hot weather in Cambodia. The bathroom was good. The classic hostel bathroom with the shower, toilet, and sink all together. There were some ants in the bathroom but that is to be expected in hostels no matter how nice. The staff was so helpful with booking things. This place was so great and the food amazing.

Staff where fantastic,organised a tuk tuk for two days round the temples and bus tickets.Room clean and tidy.easy w alk into town just count the four bridges.br eakf ast was great

Staff is friendly and helpful. Food is really good! Locations is nice!

Very nice staff and amazing atmosphere. Good food and cheap Beer. We never wanted to go out. Our low-budged Room was tiny but cosy and clean. Next time we would take a air con room, we had a look inside these rooms and they were really nice. We would definetly come back.

I was on the fourth floor in a fan only room. The pros were it was fairly quiet up there and the decor made it feel Cambodian. The cons: the staff are constantly asking if you want to order a drink/food even when I was just watching TV or reading a book in the main area. One of the two bathrooms kept flooding and took hours to drain. As a result, people were waiting for the one remaining bathroom.

Decent prices, friendly staff and delicious food. Thank you!

Great guesthouse. From the free pick up at the airport to the friendly staff everything was excellent. We went for the budget rooms up on the roof. We had noticed the odd negative comment with regards to this room type, but we decided for the price it was worth the risk. I needn't have worried! Yes, they are small rooms. But ours was clean (and cleaned regularly throughout our stay), comfortable and great value. Great comfort food in the bar. Showers were good, no complaints!

Nicely located between the town centre and Angkor. Friendly staff ready to help you any way they can.

there has lovely staffs and I really do like their homemade burger.If you stay here don't forget to try.