Superb 469 Total Reviews
Superb 469 Total Reviews
Rotorua Central Backpackers Located at 1076 Pukuatua St, , Rotorua.
New Zealand
Rotorua 3010 1076 Pukuatua St
91% 469
-38.1370544 176.2546598
    Rooms available

20th Jul 2016

Everything at this hostel was great - one of the best hostels I've been to. Great location, great facilities, great beds/room, great everything. The perfect spot in Rotorua!

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

Great hostel - Neil and Catherine are lovely and so helpful, and they try to make the hostel very homely. Really enjoyed my stay and was sad to leave.

• Estonia, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

Stayed for one night. Everything was clean and nice. Atmosphere was very cozy. You had your own bed not a bunk which is super nice. And best of all. Free super fast WiFi. Definitely recommend.

7th Jul 2016
7.4

Heater almost everywhere inside the hostel was definitely a top tier. In general, really good choice, only negative point would be the morning receptionist. Not very helpful, nor kind. But the arvo and night ones compensate.

28th Jun 2016

Ups: Clean and comfortable beds. Good location, very close to buses, supermarket etc. Downs: Mixed reception from staff, mostly very nice and helpful, but some seemed to wish they were somewhere else. One stovetop wasn't working properly in the kitchen.

Sorry to hear about a mixed reception from staff. Would be interest in an email from you for details (I hope it wasn't me). Yes the sign says the gas hob was not working. The gas fitter say that Delonghi spare parts are notorious for taking a long time to deliver. Cheers Neil

27th Jun 2016

Great staff, old house with great atmosphere, comfy beds, phenomenal unlimited wifi (seriously, no hiccups whatsoever)--I could go on and on! This is my favorite hostel thus far (out of like five? Not much, but way above the others in my book). Very quiet and cozy, which jived with my personality quite well. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
22nd Jun 2016

Great hostel!!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016

Very clean and homey :) staff was super helpful and the beds were great. The location is great if you want to be within walking distance of the town but not have the stress of finding parking. Free wifi in all areas of the hostel, and free parking located around the outside of the building. Would definitely stay again!

Wow - glad you enjoyed your stay! Cheers Neil

19th Jun 2016
7.7

Stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm. It was comfortable enough but it should have been a 5 bed dorm really. My bed - directly under the window so as soon as it got light I had daylight pouring into my face - was the only one in the room not to have any hooks or any plugs, so I had to wait until others finished using theirs and use their space to charge my stuff. No security lockers in the dorm or outside was a bit of a blow.

Sorry we did not meet your expectations. We though we were covered with 5 double plugs in that room, but will have to re-think that one. Our dorms are self-locking, so we normally have no problem with security, and theer is a large safe in the office which guest can use. Cheers Neil

• matanorland8800
  • Israel, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Jun 2016

Catherine and Neil are very nice and very helpful. The place has a good atmosphere, with a great kitchen and beds, at a great location for a great price. General theme: great. I would definitely go back if I pass through Rotorua again.

We love our beds too. Ta Neil