Rotorua Central Backpackers Reviews

1076 Pukuatua St, Rotorua, New Zealand

Staff was awesome. They helped with everything they could. Rooms were spacious and clean. There are no bunk beds here. The kitchen was really big and even in busy times you would always have enough space to prepare your food. It's very central,so basically everything you need is in walking distance. Guests were a little older and more laidback which is a plus. There is a geothermically heated pool free to use which is just plain awesome. I will definitely stay there if I go back to Rotorua.

• 1st Apr 2014

Nice and helpful staff. We enjoyed staying in the Central Backpackers. It would be nice to have less mosquitos in the large shower rooms. Besides that it was very clean.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. lol sigh - "lake flies" are a part of life in Rotorua (might have noticed they did not bite) and are attracted to the florescent lights in the bathrooms - I will get my ladder out :) Cheers Neil

Best backpackers I've stayed so far. Will come back !!!!!

• 2nd Mar 2014

Wow - cool that you enjoyed your stay. Safe journeys :) Neil (Owner)

Managed by a very friendly couple, this hostel was homely and warm. Thanks to them, I started booking transport and admission tickets online thus saving me significant amount of money!

Always happy to find people a bargain :) Glad you enjoyed your stay Catherine & Neil (Owners)

Neil (on the front desk) was incredibly friendly and helpful and mad us feel very welcome. The kitchen was really well equipped. Nice mix of age groups and nationalities. We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Rotarua.

Cheers for that - given me a smile to start the day. Bon voyage Neil (Owner)

Nice staff not a good experience for us based on the people there but good overall

Sorry that some people spoiled your stay. Could you please email me directly to tell me more about the people that annoyed you (and what they did - this may help us with future staff traing). Neil (Owner)

Old fashioned building so could be a little dark, but it was great not to sleep in a bunk. The paid wifi is by the 100mb rather than a time period which I found a little frustrating and there wasn't a plug each in the room I was in, but otherwise a very good hostel.

Very friendly staff, cleaning everyday, good beds and nice activities to book in the hostel with discounts for backpackers. Would like to come back!

Easy to find and very comfortable. Also, the front desk is very helpful in helping you find where you are going and in setting up things for you to do as well.

Very helpful staff, having cheap booking options for all activities nearby, good hostel we recommend to stay in

was all right, nothing too fancy

Nice hostel in the centre of Rotorua. The hostel has a cozy living room. The eating area is rather functional but there is a nice outdoor area with tables we used when the sun was shining.

3rd time staying here and will do so again the next time I'm in Rotorua. Location is fantastic and the staff are as well!

• 29th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Beds really comfortable!

Love this place! Great stay, great house and kitchen

Very good hostel. Clean, friendly staff and the beds are superb!

• 9th Nov 2013

Top shelf hostel in a prime location. Helpful friendly staff, good facilities, spotlessly clean, good atmosphere. . Staff deserve every congratulation for running such an exemplary place. I'd go back tomorrow.

Very friendly staff and great atmosphere!

• 25th Oct 2013

Really nice hostel, hosts are ridiculously friendly and helpful, baths are a lovely touch!