Rotorua Central Backpackers Reviews

1076 Pukuatua St, Rotorua, New Zealand

Excellent location, staff very friendly and helpful. Kitchen and showers very small. Very old building that needs renovation. Shower were very badand not very clean. Also no lifts and a lot of stairs to access the room, really incovenient as we had quite a lot of luggage. Staff was amasing.

We loved the proximity of this hostel to awesome things to do in Rotoura. A nice walk to the lake, or into downtown, the location was great.

Neil was very friendly and helpful and I appreciated the nice facilities and non-bunk beds.

• 6th Aug 2014

Thank for you comments Glad to see someone likes our facilities Sometime these comments get me down. But not today! Cheers Neil

Best hostel so far in NZ! Good location as its near I-Site, supermarkets, shops and restaurants, polynesian spa, etc. perfectly clean, very nice and helpful staff. Best beds I slept in a long time (no bunk beds) could have stayed for ages! Definitely recommended!!!

We are proud of our beds :) Thanks for the review Neil

Excellent beds, very silent, super clean facilities and the hot pool is very nice after a tiring day of activities! And the location is great as well, walking distance to everything you need in rotorua

I stayed in a twin. It was very comfortable with central heating. Neil was a font of local knowledge (even though he's really Australian ;) ). I loved the hot bath out in the back yard. Perfect before bed on a cold Rotorua night!!

Best hostel i've stayed in! Great beds, great kitchen, heating and right in the centre of town!

Nice place

Great place! Nice building. Spacious room. Each bed with own electric socket.

Glad you had a nice stay safe journeys Neil

Fabulous hostel. Large rooms, comfy beds, quiet atmosphere, super friendly and helpful staff. Free parking was easy. Apparently others have found the kitchen to be too small, but we never had a problem finding space to cook. 4 gas stove tops with 4 sinks, great set-up. Only complaint is the oven was too dirty to use (smoked up the kitchen). Everything else was clean. Bonus--big tubs if you want a bath instead of shower!

Yep - we feel we have a great kitchen. hence people want to cook, so it can be busy at the peak 6:30 - 7:30 times - catch 22 situation :) Roasts, bread & pizza cooking all the time. Cheers for the review Neil Have cleaned the oven

Well, if you are sick of bunk beds, this is definitely the place to be for a good sleep. For NZD20, I find the bed comfortable with ample size. There are bath tubs (unisex) as well as shower area (male/female) so even if you are in a mood for a bubble bath, you can apparently do it over here in this hostel. The best thing about the hostel is probably the location since it's literally 5 minutes walk away from the I-Center. For the convenience, comfort and cleanliness, highly recommended!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Free wifi and parking. Warm room with heater at Winter Ideal location which is near to city center

Geothermal heating makes all the difference in winter :) Thanks for your review Neil

Such comfortable beds...slept great. Constant heating is nice too. Staff were friendly its right in the centre of Rotorua and would definitely stay here again.

So warm! Lovely hosts

The managers of the place were very kind and helpful. Excellent location!!!

Central to everything :) Good the watch the football too? The semi-finals are looking good! Cheers Neil

A Beautiful old Building, looks great from the road and our Double room was so warm from thermal heating. Tastefully decorated and furnished for the period of the Building and it's use. We were very impressed. ManyThanks to Catherine and Neil, They made us feel so welcome. Cheers.

• 30th May 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

We have had so many neat people through lately - it makes a huge difference to the atmosphere in the hostel. Thanks for the vote of confidence :) Neil

The owners were very friendly and kind! I wouldný change my experience there. I have been telling everyone about that Hostel, everyone I inform about it go and stay there. Thank you for all your information and help.

• 23rd May 2014

Friendly!!!!!

Great hostel, proper beds make all the difference!

When I arrived at the hostel there was a man behind the desk. He was so friendly, helpful and nice to chat to. I wanted to book the Hobbiton tour, but couldn't pay him an there was no time to go get cash. He understood and gave me the ticket anyway. He also gave me great tips on what to do in the city! When I returned it was a woman, but she was everything except helpful. She even refused to give me a receit when I payed her 130 dollars, which is probably illegal. Great location.