Rotorua Central Backpackers Reviews

1076 Pukuatua St, Rotorua, New Zealand

Very nice and home-like stay, no bunk beds!

I had a wonderful time at Rotorua Central Backpackers! The staff was amazing; so helpful and friendly! Quiet and friendly and in such a nice town! If I am ever back in Rotorua this is definitely where I am staying! Thank you! :)

It was a wonderful stay. It's the cleanest hostel that I have stayed in so far. The bed was amazingly comfortable, pretty much like hotel standard. The staff were friendly and helpful. The backpackers there were nice too, no crazy drunk people, etc... It's also very close to isite and different locations. The thermal pool was perfect. I gave 100 points to this hostel.

Thank you for your great comments. We are pretty proud of our beds :) Cheers Neil & Catherine & Jo

It was a nice experience altogether

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Great time here, thanks

Super nice hostel with lots of space and an interesting layout. After a long day of mountain biking we took a beer and a relaxing bath in the "hot-tub" in the backyard. Nice kitchen with plenty of utensils. Stayed in a double bed that was really comfy :)

Happy to please :) The mountain biking is biking is some of the best in NZ isn't it? Nice to be able to melt for half an hour in the spa (41 degrees Celsius by the way), especially now that winter ha arrived! Cheers Neil

Comfy& clean. ReaI comfortable bed.From where you are, Lake Rotorua is close(nice walk)Kind&helpful staff.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff was awesome. They helped with everything they could. Rooms were spacious and clean. There are no bunk beds here. The kitchen was really big and even in busy times you would always have enough space to prepare your food. It's very central,so basically everything you need is in walking distance. Guests were a little older and more laidback which is a plus. There is a geothermically heated pool free to use which is just plain awesome. I will definitely stay there if I go back to Rotorua.

Nice and helpful staff. We enjoyed staying in the Central Backpackers. It would be nice to have less mosquitos in the large shower rooms. Besides that it was very clean.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. lol sigh - "lake flies" are a part of life in Rotorua (might have noticed they did not bite) and are attracted to the florescent lights in the bathrooms - I will get my ladder out :) Cheers Neil

Best backpackers I've stayed so far. Will come back !!!!!

• 2nd Mar 2014

Wow - cool that you enjoyed your stay. Safe journeys :) Neil (Owner)

1 2 Next » last »