Fabulous 185 Total Reviews
Fabulous 185 Total Reviews
Rotorua Downtown Backpackers Located at 1193 Fenton St, , Rotorua.
New Zealand
Rotorua 3010 1193 Fenton St
83% 185
-38.1361937 176.2534689
    Rooms available

12th Nov 2016
7.1

My stay was fine here, I definitely wouldn't brag on the place but it was a cheap place to sleep. It's apparently near a bar or something because there was a band/music playing loudly until at least midnight. Wifi is only available in the lobby. The beds are metal bunks that don't seem the strongest and the mattresses aren't comfortable. If you don't mind those things then it's a pretty good hostel. :) The staff is friendly and they offer free pasta.

12th Oct 2016

Huge shout-out to the staff at Rotorua Downtown Backpackers! When my sister and I arrived in Rotorua without our backpacks, thanks to the ravges of checking bags at LAX, they went into mama-bear mode to make sure our bags made it back to us. They were so, so friendly, and helpful, and definitely the highlight of a great time in Rotoru!

12th Oct 2016

Great hostel & great location. Staff were extremely friendly. Spacious room, but uncomfortable bed. Despite that I would definitely stay again. Also across the street from the i-Site info center and bus stop which is very handy.

• Singapore, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Sep 2016

stayed for a night. very convenient. all was great!

• USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2016
7.4

Location was superb, literally feet away from the iSite. I liked the after hours access to the building, but wished there was more security for the bathrooms. There was an incident regarding another resident (hostel not responsible) that also made me wish there was stronger bathroom security. Beds had fitted sheet and duvet. When I asked for a cover sheet for cleanliness from duvet, said they didn't do that. I found sheets the next day. Also charge 3% for credit cards.