Rotorua Planet Backpackers Reviews

1080 Eruera Street, PO Box 2099, Rotorua, New Zealand

Nice quiet hostel in the centre of town. Perfect for couples or people who want to avoid the Kiwi Experience groups (book Base if you want a party hostel). Good facilities and staff were great although be warned the reception is only open for short periods of time. Deserves a higher rating than it has got. Seems to be a lot of long termers in there mind and it didn't seem too social a place when we stayed. Would stay again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful with ideas on things to do and places to go. I stayed during the summer months and found the room to be very warm, even with a window open and they had no extra fans. A fan in the room would have been quite a help. Other wise, it was a good place to stay. Probably one of the best places I've stayed in regards to wi-fi!

Good service. person in charge very friendly and helpfull. I just stayed for a night but the facilities were really good, clean and quiet

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

My boyfriend and I booked 3nights in a double room and 1 friend in a dorm. We changed our plans and we would like to cancel 2nights on arrival but they didn't accept to refund us so we have to stay there otherwise we will loose our money for the 2nights. The place was very old and not very clean, mostly Indians workers lives there. Our double room was actually a twin bed room not confortable at all, we slept very badly in, full of useless furnitures as 2desks, and no aircon or fan working!

+ Very good price for a big single room + Very good location + Very good weekly rate + They let me left my luggage for some hours - Very bad atmosphere, all long terms - Deficient cleaning But for that cheap price for a single room I think it's good.

• 24th Sep 2015