Rotorua Planet Backpackers

8.4
Fabulous 64 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 31-40
2nd Mar 2017

It might not be the most modern hostel but the hospitality is amazing. Kerry is so nice and he is always there to help. The atmosphere in general was really friendly!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017
6.3

Pros: staff super friendly and helpful. Location was close to Supermarket and shops, including the iSite, easy walk from bus stop and easy to walk to places to book day trips (like Hobbiton!) Cons: no atmosphere as most people seemed to be long term guests and refused to speak to other people. No security lockers. Dirty plates left in the room from previous guests, walls were covered in bugs and spiderwebs. Not likely I would stay again.

• England, Couple, 31-40
9th Feb 2017

Lovely central Hostel, On street parking but free in most areas Excellect WIFI Comfy bed Great kitchen/facilities

• Wales, Couple, 18-24
27th Jan 2017

Lovely hostel with mostly people living there. The receptionist is very friendly and happy to help. Rooms are slightly on the smaller side.

26th Jan 2017

Nice hostel with friendly staff that was willing to help you. In the city center and close to where you need to go. I enjoyed my stay, not the newest, most modern place, but it did the trick. Enjoyed my stay and would recommend for other travelers seeking an affordable option in Rotorua.

25th Jan 2017

The room was really awesome just like the staff. I just stayed one night but I would come back easily.

10th Jan 2017

Highly recommended!! I was very impressed with planet backpackers, the location was good and Kerry the manager is the sweetest! I had to arrive very late and she stayed up waiting for me past 11pm! She was very accommodating: offered great advice on places to visit and buses there! The kitchen and bedrooms were very clean too. There were no lockers in the rooms but I still felt safe leaving my laptop. The showers were a bit busy, but free wifi and great people can't be beat! (Book over phone)

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017

Great location. Fair price. Great staff. Very safe for female travellers. We would recommend to all our friends.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016
8.0

Staff is amazing and the WiFi too. There are many students staying and not many backpackers when I was there. But it was perfect for one night.

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
1st Dec 2016

Everything is good. A quiet room and a nice owner who drop me free to the red wood forest. Kitchen is busy during night time but I enjoy sharing all the kitchen facilities with the long term redidents. Though we don't talk much, they are friendly and helpful by the way. One thing I'm not feeling comfortable with is the bed. It is too soft for me as I get used to hard mattress.