Very Good 190 Total Reviews
Very Good 190 Total Reviews
Rou Hostel Located at 37B Co Bac, District 1, Ho Chi Minh.
Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh 37B Co Bac, District 1
74% 190
10.7653516 106.6957855
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016
4.0

This was honestly such a weird hostel. I will start with the 2 good aspects: the beds were comfortable and the location was decent. But it was so dirty and dungeon-like. I couldn't even bring myself to use the showers, and the whole place had a terrible smell. But the weirdest thing that happened was the manager tried to get me to meet with two men... She kept saying my 'friends' were asking for me. As a solo female traveler this really unnerved me. I left and will never go back to this place.

13th Sep 2016
7.4

Hard to find without transport. But nice stay the woman was very friendly beds were comfortable and a/c was very good. Good location just ten minutes walk away from the main market.

13th Sep 2016
6.3

(Good) The bed is large The location is good Hot shower (Bad) Strange smell in room The bathroom is not very clean Wifi cannot be used at all at night

1st Sep 2016

Great hostel in a perfect location. Everything you need is less than a 5 minute walk away. Very friendly staff who go out of their way to help out if you have any problems. When I return to Saigon I will definitely be staying here again

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

Rou was overall great! It was quiet but the people it did have in the hostel were very nice; we were instantly invited out for dinner. The A/C got very cold at night and the quilt didn't stretch over my 6ft body (but this is a very small negative for me). The shower was great and the best I've had since I've been travelling as it was warm and powerful. Great garden on the roof! They even let us chill all day till we had to get our sleeper. Nice one Rou (Y)

• jwanderson
24th Aug 2016
8.0

Great value hostel, we chose to return after a short trip south. The rooms on the middle floor all had secure lockers under the massive 'single' beds. When we were put upstairs all the under bed lockers were broken. Real shame as the rooms had no locks. Overall would recommend, super chilled and seems to be the second cheapest hostel In saigon.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
24th Aug 2016
8.0

Massive beds, with a big locker, you just have to have a lock. Staff was friendly, but you have to walk through the restaurant downstairs to get to the hostel. Bathroom got the job done, but could use an upgrade. It's about 3blocks over from Pham ngu lao street if you like to drink. (I stayed in the dorm)

• Italy, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016

By far the best place ive stayed in SEA. The staff is jusy awesome, housekeeping lady lovely and recepcionists willing to actually help you. Big thanks to Ngan and Mai! Felt truly welcomed. Location was perfect. If u arrive by bus from the south you have a 7000dong bus that leaves you 6 blocks from the hostel. There is a good cheap local market for fruits just 200m away. The design of the place was really nice as well, looks like the owners were actually thinking on the well being of guests.

• Myanmar, Female, 25-30
18th Aug 2016

Value for money. Clean and big beds. Good location and good place for Vegetarians. They have a good selections of Vegetarian meals menu, a must-try.

12th Aug 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights, went away for 1 and then came back again for my last night in Ho Chi Minh. It's cheap, a good location for Pham Ngu Lao//the bus station. The first night I was the only person in an 8 bed room. It was rad. Some of the staff are super helpful and some aren't, or just don't speak any English, The vegetarian restaurant downstairs has pretty good food and not bad value for money. Also the rooftop garden is quite nice and it's a shame that it closes at 10p