Rou Hostel Reviews

37B Co Bac, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The hostel looks old and dirty. It's looks more as a restaurant than a hostel. Only one girl among the staff can speak English, but when she was not there nobody could understand what I was asking for, even easy questions. There is only one bathroom in the hostel and it's pretty old and dirty. There were just a few guests in the hostel when I was there so it's definitely not a good place to go if you want to meet other travellers.

If you wanna have a good night sleep, stay here... It is not a very social hostel, because there is so common areas. The beds are good, and the location are fine...

Good great people thanks to all of them

Beautiful hostel! It definitely deserves to become one of the best in Ho Chi Minh City. However owner seems to be more interested in running the ground floor restaurant than in looking after the guests.. Friendly staff, despite some minor misunderstandings when communicating in English.. Shame not much attention is dedicated to keeping toilets clean. Large beds and comfortable rooms though are a big plus.

Great value hostel, big beds and good security definitely. Only suggestion is maybe to make another bathroom? It seems to get dirty quickly because so many people use it. Good value for booking tours with as well and great food downstairs. Super value I'd happily stay here again

This is by far the worst hostel I stayed at in my year of travelling. Dirty bed sheets. No cover on the duvet. No towels available to rent. Have to walk thru the restaurant to enter. Bathroom is also shared with restaurant. It is filthy and floods. Doors are glass and don't close properly, fun when trying to sleep. Staff are horrible, not helpful at all and speak very little English. Tried to rip us off twice on check out. Breakfast was terrible and a rip off even for $1. Not worth it.

Our two night stay at Rou started with flooded bathrooms which put a sour taste in our mouth. The beds were huge and very comfortable although the overall cleanliness of the room and bathroom was poor. The flooded bathroom was resolved the next day although the power went out in the morning which was a little bit of a hassle. We had an early bus to catch on the last morning and ended up being locked in until we could find someone to open it, great security!

The bathroom was flooded on the first night and we ended up being locked in when we needed to leave and catch a bus. The rooms definitely could have used a good cleaning too.

We got room with mold but I asked to change it and it wasn't a problem. Hostel is ok and facilities are ok. They were very nice -store our baggage and allow us to take shower. The bad thing was in restaurant downstairs. How it is posible that 35000 3500 is 39 000 !?!?!?!? I said about this to waitress but as usually she said "no problem" and brought me less money that she should. Pity that they behave in this way....

Good hostel, showers got a little messy at times, but that probably had more to do with the tenants then the owners. WiFi was unstable, but that's applies to most HCMC hostels anyway. Awesome Aircon.

I am not normally one to complain about hostels, however, I didn't find the atmosphere right about this one. If you are a solo backpacker I would not recommend this hostel. It's a restaurant that has been converted upstairs to a few dorms. It's made entirely out of cement. There is no common room in the hostel so you get to hang out on your bed. And the beds are so tall that they rock and sway whenever you move. Lastly I did spot a cockroach on the wall on my first night. They do clean everyday.

• 12th Sep 2014