Rou Hostel Reviews

37B Co Bac, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Absolutely no atmosphere in this hostel. No common room. Staff were difficult to locate if you had queries. The top bunks are very high up and the ladders are quite wobbly. In our room there were gaps in the wall and between the wall and the window frame. I woke up one morning to a very large cockroach on the wall over my head. The bathrooms and showers are very grotty and not cleaned properly. The wifi in our room was very weak and dropped in and out.

• 19th Aug 2015

Rou is good place to stay, I stayed there 2nd time, 1st time I stayed a year ago. But my previous stay was more pleasant as that time they provided breakfast for free & the hostel itself looked newer & a bit cleaner. But, anyhow, this place is good :)

Lovely hostel great location nice price

nice hostel

The toilet wasn't clean when I arrived but the staff was nice.

Very tasty decorated, stylish, felt really good. The beds are not for everyone, but for Asian standards were quite alright. It would've been nice if the staff downstairs all knew about the hostel and would welcome you to it, or at least tell you where reception is. Or some signs might do the trick as well. The room we stayed in, first room of dorm 3, was very hot. Because 1. The aircon wasn't working properly. Not big enough for the room maybe..? 2. The doors do not close automatically.

Great value for money. You will struggle to find accommodation in HCMC for cheaper than this! What makes this place stand out from the rest is it's friendly staff especially Bao and Duyen. The restaurant staff are also amazing, including one guy who saved me from my scamming taxi driver :)

Dirty, air con didn't work, very difficult to get into and out of the hostel. Limited reception times, check in took ages. No real places to meet people. Felt very insecure No locks

• 14th Jun 2015

Let us check in even if we arrived a little late because of our bus. The people are sooo nice and will help you with anything you need. We stayed in a 6 bedroom dorm and were alone the whole time! The beds and comfy and the room kept clean. The bathroom needs a little fixing up but well worth the money!

• 20th Apr 2015

There was no lock on any door, which I found very odd. The place looked nice, but it was definitely not clean enough. Especially the bathrooms were plain dirty. I arrived after 10 and the manager handled my arrival very hastily, he wanted to go home as soon as possible. With some more care this could be a great hostel. As of now, it is just not. However, it is quite cheap which is a plus, I would not pay more.

The beds are very comfortable and bigger than a normal bed. It's very quiet in the room. They have no community room but a very small terrace on the top! The stuff was very friendly!

Rou hostel its a really nice place to stay in Saigon, nice rooms and beds, excellent atention from personal and they also have a great vegetarian restaurant that i recommend you to try!