Rou Hostel Reviews

37B Co Bac, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Let us check in even if we arrived a little late because of our bus. The people are sooo nice and will help you with anything you need. We stayed in a 6 bedroom dorm and were alone the whole time! The beds and comfy and the room kept clean. The bathroom needs a little fixing up but well worth the money!

• 20th Apr 2015

There was no lock on any door, which I found very odd. The place looked nice, but it was definitely not clean enough. Especially the bathrooms were plain dirty. I arrived after 10 and the manager handled my arrival very hastily, he wanted to go home as soon as possible. With some more care this could be a great hostel. As of now, it is just not. However, it is quite cheap which is a plus, I would not pay more.

The beds are very comfortable and bigger than a normal bed. It's very quiet in the room. They have no community room but a very small terrace on the top! The stuff was very friendly!

Rou hostel its a really nice place to stay in Saigon, nice rooms and beds, excellent atention from personal and they also have a great vegetarian restaurant that i recommend you to try!

This was a good hostel for sleeping- the beds are very late and confortable and it's very quiet at night- it's a 2 minute walk to the main noisy area so in terms of location it's also great. No communal area - not great for meeting people but it's Very clean. The staff are very nice mostly (the girl with glasses was really nice) but some are not very professional. We had to really look for 15 mins for someone to let us check out. They did let us stay in our room until we left at 6 pm though.

The hostel looks old and dirty. It's looks more as a restaurant than a hostel. Only one girl among the staff can speak English, but when she was not there nobody could understand what I was asking for, even easy questions. There is only one bathroom in the hostel and it's pretty old and dirty. There were just a few guests in the hostel when I was there so it's definitely not a good place to go if you want to meet other travellers.

We loved it here !! They have a little garden on the top :) The staff is super friendly and we could even check in one day earlier ! If we back in HCMC we definitely gonna come back here

If you wanna have a good night sleep, stay here... It is not a very social hostel, because there is so common areas. The beds are good, and the location are fine...

Good great people thanks to all of them

Beautiful hostel! It definitely deserves to become one of the best in Ho Chi Minh City. However owner seems to be more interested in running the ground floor restaurant than in looking after the guests.. Friendly staff, despite some minor misunderstandings when communicating in English.. Shame not much attention is dedicated to keeping toilets clean. Large beds and comfortable rooms though are a big plus.

Great value hostel, big beds and good security definitely. Only suggestion is maybe to make another bathroom? It seems to get dirty quickly because so many people use it. Good value for booking tours with as well and great food downstairs. Super value I'd happily stay here again

This is by far the worst hostel I stayed at in my year of travelling. Dirty bed sheets. No cover on the duvet. No towels available to rent. Have to walk thru the restaurant to enter. Bathroom is also shared with restaurant. It is filthy and floods. Doors are glass and don't close properly, fun when trying to sleep. Staff are horrible, not helpful at all and speak very little English. Tried to rip us off twice on check out. Breakfast was terrible and a rip off even for $1. Not worth it.

Our two night stay at Rou started with flooded bathrooms which put a sour taste in our mouth. The beds were huge and very comfortable although the overall cleanliness of the room and bathroom was poor. The flooded bathroom was resolved the next day although the power went out in the morning which was a little bit of a hassle. We had an early bus to catch on the last morning and ended up being locked in until we could find someone to open it, great security!

The bathroom was flooded on the first night and we ended up being locked in when we needed to leave and catch a bus. The rooms definitely could have used a good cleaning too.

We got room with mold but I asked to change it and it wasn't a problem. Hostel is ok and facilities are ok. They were very nice -store our baggage and allow us to take shower. The bad thing was in restaurant downstairs. How it is posible that 35000 3500 is 39 000 !?!?!?!? I said about this to waitress but as usually she said "no problem" and brought me less money that she should. Pity that they behave in this way....