Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Cheap room but not super comfy, beds are a bit hard. Hostel is clean but a bit damaged. But still a good plan for traveller who doesn't want to spend much money in accomodation.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff was drunk. But anyway they were kind.

BED BUGS. The other guests staying in my room were also bitten badly. When we asked staff if they knew about bed bugs, they said no, it was definitely mosquitoes. I did not see a single mosquito, and the bugs stayed with me for 4 days after I left. I had HUNDREDS of bites all over me. The showers had mould in them, there was not enough lighting in the bathrooms or rooms, and the staff are constantly smoking which made my luggage smell. They should tell guests about the 2 dogs living there.

Despite a no smoking sign in the reception area the staff would smoke throughout the day. Smoke doesn't bother me but the rudeness does. Beds incredibly uncomfortable, luckily a better one came free for my second night. Little atmosphere, lots of locals unwilling to interact with other guests. The terrace is really nice however were very rudely asked to stop drinking there after we had been mislead by a notice in very poor English. Kitchen is grotty. Cheap but find elsewhere!

This place belongs to the staff, and is set up so that the staff feels at home. How the guests feel, nobody cares.

afIt is hard to describe what kind of vibe this place has. Some may find it not so nice but we kind of liked it. Location was really good anood the staff was friendly enough. Street next to room was noicy and sometimes it was hard to get sleep because of that. Views from the rooftop terrace were really nice.

Great location, pretty good value, engaging staff, but not much love put into keeping it in top shape. Having read the comments on HostelWorld and emailing them in advance about smoking (which I hate), it smelt. Even though they post a bunch of signs saying ‘no smoking’ the staff are always constantly continuously permanently smoking. So even the smell of cigarettes comes up to the 6th floor. That’s not an easy fix, but it’s fully in the hands of the staff to stop.

Good hostel! Would reccomend. Not the best facilities, but its a nice placr to stay.

this was my 2nd time at the hostel because I really loved the place. the portuguese guy, the skinny pretty girl (I wanna marry her) , the greek guy, the blonde and the japanese cute girls ... =) all awesome. ps: someone please kick off the tattooed arm guy. the fake blond haired .... he doesn't know how to treat people . despite him, the place and the people are amazing =)