Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

this was my 2nd time at the hostel because I really loved the place. the portuguese guy, the skinny pretty girl (I wanna marry her) , the greek guy, the blonde and the japanese cute girls ... =) all awesome. ps: someone please kick off the tattooed arm guy. the fake blond haired .... he doesn't know how to treat people . despite him, the place and the people are amazing =)

Value for what you pay here is low. They charge a conversion fee that is higher (for us, mid July they converted the amount in euro that we owed for our booking using 1 euro: 3.2 lira). Elswhere, the rate was 2.8. We brought this to their attention and were told we could leave but the other hostels used the higher rate too. Not true. We found a better hostel. Also 9 lira for beer on rooftop and you cant bring your own-a 50% markup on beer prices from the corner store across the street. Dirty too

we exchange money by central bank rates. Not black market rates...yours sincerely

Better staff I`ve ever met ! The nice pretty skinny girl is kind and atentious. The place is good besides the excessive sloped location ... what is not their fault inasmuch as the whole city is like that. Clean and secure as well.

Good hostel! I had a Nice stay there !!! The girl that works on the recepción ar night is very friendly and helpful. Good athmosphere!!!

Is difficult to find the hostel using the informations from the site. I have bem stoled there, someone catch my watch from my locker and no one care about it. The mix bethroom has a transparent door and everyone can see you taking shower. The staff are good and the room is clean.

Recommend staying here. Great value for money. Could do with a oven and microwave in the first floor kitchen

Short but great stay at Route 39. Very good security and close to public transport.

This hostel is gross. The whole place smells like smoke. They say no smoking but the staff is smoking in the reception area and halls. There's no locks for bedrooms. The bathroom smells awful. No air condition and hot as hades. The only good thing is it's cheap. So you pay for what you get. Probably the worst hostel I've ever been to.

We had to pay a 10 TL deposit for the room and hostel key. Conveniently though when we were checking out there was no-one at reception to give us our money back (from 7:30-8:30am) so we essentially had to pay an extra 10 TL on top of what was already a pretty expensive hostel.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Route39 is worth it's price. Just a few things you should be aware of. The big doormroom is on the 6th floor (they have an elevator), but it right under the terasse, where quite loud partys can go (pack earplugs!)... and my matress was very saggy. I had full access to the kitchen and the staff helps me with all my questions. Sadly i coudn't bring my own food and drinks to the roof terasse.

sometimes we have parties. and you can eat and drink tii 20:00 o clock. After 20:00 o clock we turn to the chill out terrace place with the sea view.İts not prohibited to bring alchohol drinks. Because we have bar. But you can drink another free areas at the hostel. Thank you for review. Next time we can be better.

nice staffs !! they were very kind.

5 minute walk from the sea side, metro, and Taksim Square, cheap and delicious home cooked dinners, great view from the rooftop terrace, free in room lockers, and great staff. The staff really won me over on my stay here. I quickly felt like part of their hostel family. Some of my best times in Istanbul was just sitting on the rooftop having dinner and drinks with this group of amazing people! Love and miss you guys! Love, Miss California :)

Great place to stay. I will be staying again soon.

It was really cool

• 7th May 2014
  • Tunisia

Friendly staff, close to the tram station. Did not spend too much time in the hostel but the atmosphere seemed to be quite relaxing and the bathrooms were always clean.

Nice location between Taksim and Kabatas. Roof top terace with view over the Bosperos.

• 21st Apr 2014

Great value for money. Staff is extremely nice. The hostel is near Taksim square and it is easy to reach the main touristic points with tram. I definetly recomend it!

I really enjoyed my stay in Istanbul. The staff here are really friendly and helpful, and the hostel is in a really great location. So many good, cheap food options near by and an easy tram ride into the Saltanahmet area. The only bad point was the showers weren't all that clean (mouldy) and the mattresses need to be replaced as the bunk bed bars can be felt through them. But I would recommend staying here! Also, an awesome rooftop sitting area with a fantastic view!