Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Despite a no smoking sign in the reception area the staff would smoke throughout the day. Smoke doesn't bother me but the rudeness does. Beds incredibly uncomfortable, luckily a better one came free for my second night. Little atmosphere, lots of locals unwilling to interact with other guests. The terrace is really nice however were very rudely asked to stop drinking there after we had been mislead by a notice in very poor English. Kitchen is grotty. Cheap but find elsewhere!

This place belongs to the staff, and is set up so that the staff feels at home. How the guests feel, nobody cares.

afIt is hard to describe what kind of vibe this place has. Some may find it not so nice but we kind of liked it. Location was really good anood the staff was friendly enough. Street next to room was noicy and sometimes it was hard to get sleep because of that. Views from the rooftop terrace were really nice.

Great location, pretty good value, engaging staff, but not much love put into keeping it in top shape. Having read the comments on HostelWorld and emailing them in advance about smoking (which I hate), it smelt. Even though they post a bunch of signs saying ‘no smoking’ the staff are always constantly continuously permanently smoking. So even the smell of cigarettes comes up to the 6th floor. That’s not an easy fix, but it’s fully in the hands of the staff to stop.

Good hostel! Would reccomend. Not the best facilities, but its a nice placr to stay.

this was my 2nd time at the hostel because I really loved the place. the portuguese guy, the skinny pretty girl (I wanna marry her) , the greek guy, the blonde and the japanese cute girls ... =) all awesome. ps: someone please kick off the tattooed arm guy. the fake blond haired .... he doesn't know how to treat people . despite him, the place and the people are amazing =)

Value for what you pay here is low. They charge a conversion fee that is higher (for us, mid July they converted the amount in euro that we owed for our booking using 1 euro: 3.2 lira). Elswhere, the rate was 2.8. We brought this to their attention and were told we could leave but the other hostels used the higher rate too. Not true. We found a better hostel. Also 9 lira for beer on rooftop and you cant bring your own-a 50% markup on beer prices from the corner store across the street. Dirty too

we exchange money by central bank rates. Not black market rates...yours sincerely

Better staff I`ve ever met ! The nice pretty skinny girl is kind and atentious. The place is good besides the excessive sloped location ... what is not their fault inasmuch as the whole city is like that. Clean and secure as well.

Good hostel! I had a Nice stay there !!! The girl that works on the recepción ar night is very friendly and helpful. Good athmosphere!!!

Is difficult to find the hostel using the informations from the site. I have bem stoled there, someone catch my watch from my locker and no one care about it. The mix bethroom has a transparent door and everyone can see you taking shower. The staff are good and the room is clean.

Recommend staying here. Great value for money. Could do with a oven and microwave in the first floor kitchen

Short but great stay at Route 39. Very good security and close to public transport.

This hostel is gross. The whole place smells like smoke. They say no smoking but the staff is smoking in the reception area and halls. There's no locks for bedrooms. The bathroom smells awful. No air condition and hot as hades. The only good thing is it's cheap. So you pay for what you get. Probably the worst hostel I've ever been to.

We had to pay a 10 TL deposit for the room and hostel key. Conveniently though when we were checking out there was no-one at reception to give us our money back (from 7:30-8:30am) so we essentially had to pay an extra 10 TL on top of what was already a pretty expensive hostel.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Route39 is worth it's price. Just a few things you should be aware of. The big doormroom is on the 6th floor (they have an elevator), but it right under the terasse, where quite loud partys can go (pack earplugs!)... and my matress was very saggy. I had full access to the kitchen and the staff helps me with all my questions. Sadly i coudn't bring my own food and drinks to the roof terasse.

sometimes we have parties. and you can eat and drink tii 20:00 o clock. After 20:00 o clock we turn to the chill out terrace place with the sea view.İts not prohibited to bring alchohol drinks. Because we have bar. But you can drink another free areas at the hostel. Thank you for review. Next time we can be better.

nice staffs !! they were very kind.