Route 39 Reviews

Mebusan Yokusu 39, Istanbul, Turkey

Route 39 si the perfect place to enjoy istanbul! Once you found the entry ( it is really hidden beyond a Domino's pizza!) Staff is great, view is amazing, and apart from the bathroom that could smell better, i highly recommend this hostel

Cleanliness was a huge problem, especially in the bathroom and toilets. Water smelled bad. Lots of smoking inside. No air conditioning, a huge problem in the very hot summer in Istanbul. Friendly staff though, and nice terrace with awesome view. All in all a 64 percent is too high cause the problems mentioned kinda spoil the good things.

Some of the staff were friendly and some not so friendly, hostel was a bit cramped but close to the metro line, not an amazing hostel but it did have a nice chill out area on the roof/terrace :) 6.5/10

I wouldn't mind paying extra money for conditoned air in the rooms. Sleeping was difficult due to the high temperatures in the rooms.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Colombia

Nice Hostel in the near of Taksim. Friendly Stuff. Mattress was very bad !!!!

It's good if you're in a large group. I didn't like this place because cooking was difficult. They say they have a kitchen on their features list, but it is not really. And they say you can't bring outside food here... What? Seems like a good place, but with wacky management making dictator rules for guests to follow. It's ok if you re just here to party. But if traveling, look for something else.

I recently stayed at the Route 39 Hostel and I loved it. I met many nice people and the atmosphere was great. The staff is cool and very friendly. The location is great and the view is also nice.

• 27th Jul 2013

This is a nice place with good location and great rooftop terrace for hanging out. Food up there is pretty limited to what they have lying around though. People smoking throughout the hostel is another downside for me, but generally, the place is fine.

Great staff, great atmosphere as well. Very helpful and welcoming. Excellent value for the price as well, and the facilities were decent too. Only downside to my stay was that the hostel was located downhill, which made it a little difficult to climb up and down with a suitcase, but despite that, I would definitely recommend this hostel to any solo traveller :)))

What a great hostel! we booked for three nights, but stayed for seven. The location is ideal - close to Taksim Sq. and a short walk to Sultanhamet. The facilities are basic, but clean, and we felt very safe.They have a great rooftop bar which looks over the Bosphorus and all the staff are very friendly. Highly recommended. Thanks Chris and see you next time :)

• 17th Jul 2013

Decent location, staff were approachable, great location for public transport, good eateries near by, decent breakfast, rooms a but dirty, but we were upgraded free of charge, good value over all

if you are not looking for privates, i would say the shared bathrooms are really among the worst i've been to. no shelves for toiletries; no hooks for towels; and the lights in the bathroom would switch off automatically after a while, which leave the place completely dark. as i made a complaint to the staff they moved us into a private room. it is much better. it is near taksim square metro station + kabatas tram station, quite a good location. would recommend for private rooms only

Staff were super friendly and chilled and really cheap shishas. Location was also good. Only problem was that the toilet seats were broken, light in the bathroom was also broken so had showers in the dark that had broken doors. Showers also felt unclean. Other than that, I would recommend staying here

I stayed here during the riots this summer. I thought that the staff was very concerned about my safety and helpful in telling me where to avoid. I stayed here a second time on my way out to Africa. Great experience.

Most helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere, good environment. Will surely return to Route 39 if I have the chance to get back to Istanbul!

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Hungary

The bathroom on our floor needs some new door fixtures and a deep, deep clean. We didn't like how 'out there' the showers were. Also- a lot of advertised things are not available. The staff was busy with their own politics, which is whatever. We had tear gas enter from the street below, so be conscious since it's down from Taksim. We felt safe a week ago-- not sure now. It's super close to the metro and you can get to it from the airport for cheap!

that's not my first time here, hostel is not brand new, but atmosphere there makes this place real hostel! gonna come back again and again and again, thank you Chris and Tuna!

The hostel is decent, the internet is hit or miss, the breakfast is lacking....food. The beds are clean and comfortable, the rooftop bar area is great, the staff are wonderful but the owners lack the ability to smile. The reason i booked this hostel is because of the free burger stated on the website, i asked for it all three days i was there and was given an excuse each time (our kitchen is closed-it was 9.30pm, i cant find our chef, and we dont do that anymore). Not bad but not great.

Good overall - but beware - the breakfast is only from 9 to 10. It is very good bu if you want to leave early, you must do without.

Very nice and helpful staff, good atmosphere and great roof terras. Basic but ok breakfast (no coffee, but tea).

• 2nd Jun 2013